Don't have an account? Create one!

Questions thread.

AuthorMessage
My Hero:
Demolition Lover
My Hero:
August 10th, 2008 at 02:46am
^I don't play guitar, but I do play a multitude of other instruments. I don't know if you play guitar already, but all I can say is:

Don't give it up when it starts to get hard. I have seen so many people with such potential just stop because it got hard. It'll take hard work, dedication, and hours upon hours of practice, but you'll get better.

I don't know really what applies to guitar, but learn all of your scales and chords. Trust me, it'll make your life with reading music, so much easier. If you don't know how to read actual sheet music, I would advise learning how to read it. That'll help too.

I hope I helped you out a little bit. I'm sure someone who plays guitar can help you with technical stuff!
Kiss..Bang..Dead
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Kiss..Bang..Dead
August 11th, 2008 at 05:58am
SORRY I WROTE SO MUCH!!! ok guys i need some help...i live in a REALLY small town in Virginia and me and my friend Mary are going to start a band in a few years, we really want to help kids that are suicidal and self-harm, and help people who have bad problems, we also want to donate concert benefits to cancer and other diseases' funds. The only problem is that we do live in this small town and well to give you a clue on how small it is this is an exampe and the truth, we only have ONE stop light and im not even joking about it, so we are afraid that we will not have our dreams of coming true of being in a well known band, we dont want to be super famous but we want to help people with our music because it comes from our hearts and we just dont know how to get a demo ready, or where to send it to like record labels, we dont know where to find a great manager or where to look for a manager or where or who we can contact to get a record label to come to a show of ours. dont get me wrong i love the town i live in but me and Mary just dont know what to do to get people to know us so we can help those who need help and we are not starting the band for a few years but i want to get an early start now. We do have a few people who want to be in the band but some of them dont know how to play an instrument or anything like that. Mary is learning guitar and wants to be the lead or rythm guitarist and i have been in music and chorus since i was like 2 years old not like teaching lessons but like classes in school so Mary and everyone wants me to be the vocalist which is like my dream because Gerard is the one who inspired me to want a band and to help people. We do have a bass player, Justin, he has been taking lessons on bass for about 6 years and is GREAT at it so he wants to be in the band so we only need another guitar player and drummer so yeah..but if anyone can help in any of the questions i would DEEPLY appreciate it. you can either reply to this message or send me a pm...it would probably be better to send me a pm because i can save it so thank you everyone!!!Smile
a day to remember.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
a day to remember.
August 16th, 2008 at 11:11pm
I think it's wonderful that you want to start a band with the purpose to better the world.

But, a band is not an entrepreneurship, as most people might think. It's about the music. Well, to a certain extent.

If you can touch people's hearts with your music, then it doesn't matter how small of a town you live in, or how many vacancies you have in your band.

Sorry, I don't know if my advice helped or not. :$
Kiss..Bang..Dead
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Kiss..Bang..Dead
August 20th, 2008 at 05:15pm
^^yeah it helped..me and my friends who are starting the band really do want to help the world even if it is just one person we will know we helped that person and i am glad that we live in a small town because if we can make it in the world as a band then other people who want to do the same will know that if we did it then they can too...thanx again!!!
doctor who?
Salute You in Your Grave
doctor who?
September 6th, 2008 at 04:25am
I dont know if this is supposed to go somewhere else,but...
My band is still searching for a name. Right now were stuck with "Metro Blush"
and we all agreed that it stinks.
So here are our options,PLEASE tell us which one you like!:
1.Scream the Silence
2. Living and Dying
3. Finding Friday's End
4. Time.To.Scream!
5. Is Mother Okay?
6. Blaqk Paper Heart

Please! We need your help! (Forgive me if this is supposed to go somewhere else!)
Spirit of Jazz.
Motor Baby
Spirit of Jazz.
September 7th, 2008 at 06:56pm
i like blaqk paper heart!! thats coool.
malibu.
In the Cannibal Glow
malibu.
October 3rd, 2008 at 03:58am
^ I think Scream The Silence is the best. (:
goodbye blue sky
Always Born a Crime
goodbye blue sky
October 19th, 2008 at 05:06am
hollow vessel.:
^ I think Scream The Silence is the best. (:
malibu.
In the Cannibal Glow
malibu.
October 22nd, 2008 at 12:39am
Does anyone know of any good websites where I can find accurate drum tabs?
I'm wanting to learn a Fall Out Boy song. I can sort-of play it by ear, but tabs would be a great help.
just sleep.
Jazz Hands
just sleep.
November 11th, 2008 at 04:58pm
Hey guys i got aquestion which name do you like more?
My own escape
the retreat
The Creature
In The Murder Scene
The Creature
November 12th, 2008 at 09:54pm
just sleep.:

the retreat
MilitaryFairy
Killjoy
MilitaryFairy
November 20th, 2008 at 01:43pm
What should our band's name be?
a. High on Airplanes
b. High on Paper Balloons
c. Currently Deceasing
d. none of them?
Lounge Fly
Bleeding on the Floor
Lounge Fly
November 26th, 2008 at 02:27am
Depends on your style. If you're playing MCR, Paramore style pop punk then High on Airplanes would be cool, but if you're into heavier metal stuff then Currently Decesaing may be more your style.
MilitaryFairy
Killjoy
MilitaryFairy
December 1st, 2008 at 10:37pm
^^ Thank you. Our band is more Paramore-ish. I'm thinking of adding an adjective before airplanes...maybe paper?
Ash-Peters
Killjoy
Ash-Peters
December 9th, 2008 at 07:25am
yeah paper airplanes sounds awesome ^_^
I liked paper balloons simple for the word paper lol
xo.
shot_to_remember
Killjoy
shot_to_remember
January 14th, 2009 at 06:31am
Question:
I play guitar, and when I switch chords, I always lead with one finger (e.g. when I switch to a C chord, I'll put my forefinger down first and let the other two fall into place.) Is this okay, or is this a bad habit that will slow me down in the future?
RainbowConnection
Killjoy
RainbowConnection
March 6th, 2009 at 07:14pm
Can anyone give me some advice on how to fix my keyboard?
It's kinda old, so I'm not surprised that it's dying, but I'd really like to start playing again. Most of the keys wont play anymore.
So, do the contacts just need cleaning, or could it be something more serious? And as for cleaning it, what should I use? Would rubbing alcohol on a paper towel work?

Or is my keyboard just fucked? XD

I don't really think it's worth it to get a professional to fix it, it's such an old keyboard anyway and not that great. I've considered getting a new one, but I don't have enough money, so whatever *shrug*
Thanks in advance to anyone who has advice Smile
tragicwithacapitalTx
Fabulous Killjoy
tragicwithacapitalTx
May 18th, 2009 at 06:23am
timothy mctague.:
Does anyone know of any good websites where I can find accurate drum tabs?
I'm wanting to learn a Fall Out Boy song. I can sort-of play it by ear, but tabs would be a great help.

Can you read drum scores? Like, notations instead of drum tabs, because I know a few FOB drum scores online. What song do you want to play?
SisterOfTheRose
Jazz Hands
SisterOfTheRose
July 2nd, 2009 at 09:12am
How do you figure out the rhythm when your playing off a bass tab?
thatkindavampireluv
Killjoy
thatkindavampireluv
July 11th, 2009 at 01:40pm
how is the absolute best way to rucrute band members from people you never met? i live in a small town and might have trouble with this cause the closest thing to a band i have is my friend and a couple songs, although the songs arent what i worry about cuz i think im kinda good at it