Questions thread.

AuthorMessage
linerlover
Killjoy
linerlover
May 11th, 2008 at 01:47pm
aui_adriene:
guys...i have a new question

as a musician, he/she must figure some ways to NOT having stage fright, i have a band...but we're new...we practice...and it goes well, but the problem is...we have this stage fright, we can't sing in front of a crowd, even though it's our family.

silly right?

pls help me....give me some advice how to conquer our fear...this fear really sucks!

we always performed in front of the mirror, but now we are ready to perform live... hopin you can help us.... Crying or Very sad

you can never really not get stage fright. even huge bands like paramore get really nervous before a show.
just keep practising. if you get too nervous to look at the audience, focus on a point just above their heads, and imagine theyre not there. OR, as my dear friend kate says, 'imagine them all as blue peas...'
generally, mind tricks help-- imagine theyre not there, or imagine theyre something everyday or funny, like a books or chairs.
linerlover
Killjoy
linerlover
May 11th, 2008 at 01:51pm
Majora's Mask:
Okay im just wondering; how do you figure out a tune to lyrics i can write lyrics i can do guitar i just cant get a tune to the lyrics Neutral.....also if i DO i forget the tune Cry

just go with your gut, with a little help from your brain. before you even pick up an instrument, hum possible combinations to yourself, and then elaborate and perfect them later.
as for forgetting the tune... try to record it on a phone or mp3 player, or just remember a simpler part of the tune, then elaborate on that. when i compose music, i always manage to change it each time, so i get kinda annoyed at myself. not to mention a lot of my composing goes on in my head during biology lessons.
linerlover
Killjoy
linerlover
May 11th, 2008 at 01:55pm
MY CHEMICAL R0MANCE.:
rollertoaster:
I don't know how to write sheet music.

Does anyone have a link to an online tutorial or something that I can use?

I have SOME knowledge of keyboard and my friend needs me to play synths. =/
use syballius tthats spelt totaly wrong but its a program i use at school and it works wonders

sibelius. and i agree-- its a really good program. however if you cant get sibelius, noteworthy composer is good too, and substantially cheaper. sibelius has better instrument imitations though, so its better for synth work.
linerlover
Killjoy
linerlover
May 11th, 2008 at 02:00pm
thnks fr th vnm:
I don't know how to tune it and was wondering if someone knew a way that I could get it tuned if I dont have a tuner.
The strings should be fine, because when I bought it I had the strings replaced.

you can tune it to a piano, preferably electric, if you want to use standard tuning (EADGBe)
or, you can tune the lower E, then tune the rest of the guitar to that-- if you play the fifth fret on any string, it is the same note as the string above in standard tuning apart from G-B, where it is the fourth fret.
linerlover
Killjoy
linerlover
May 11th, 2008 at 02:03pm
rachi_left4deadx_x:
Hey,

I've recently began writing music and would like to put lyrics to it. I'm not entirely sure how to do this. My questions are:

1. Is there any particular rule muscians follow when putting lyrics to music or do they just put the lyrics there if it sounds good?

2. What are your best tips to putting lyrics to a song (if you have any)?

generally, you write the lyrics first, then put the music TO the lyrics, not the other way around, or you end up with awkward or poor quality lyrics.
ive never written the music first though, so i dont really have any other tips apart from lyrics THEN music.
a day to remember.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
a day to remember.
May 11th, 2008 at 09:33pm
I put lyrics to music, and it usually works out for me.

It'd probably be better to write lyrics first, but I'm a better musician, so yeah.
The?!Society
Fabulous Killjoy
The?!Society
May 12th, 2008 at 04:39pm
Where do you guys get your band names from? Our band is a little stuck on what to name ourselves.
pxieVAMPIREdust
Bleeding on the Floor
pxieVAMPIREdust
May 12th, 2008 at 09:54pm
linerlover:
aui_adriene:
guys...i have a new question

as a musician, he/she must figure some ways to NOT having stage fright, i have a band...but we're new...we practice...and it goes well, but the problem is...we have this stage fright, we can't sing in front of a crowd, even though it's our family.

silly right?

pls help me....give me some advice how to conquer our fear...this fear really sucks!

we always performed in front of the mirror, but now we are ready to perform live... hopin you can help us.... Crying or Very sad

you can never really not get stage fright. even huge bands like paramore get really nervous before a show.
just keep practising. if you get too nervous to look at the audience, focus on a point just above their heads, and imagine theyre not there. OR, as my dear friend kate says, 'imagine them all as blue peas...'
generally, mind tricks help-- imagine theyre not there, or imagine theyre something everyday or funny, like a books or chairs.

thanks!your advice is a big help...i'll tell my bandmates this...thank u so much!!!take care!
a day to remember.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
a day to remember.
May 25th, 2008 at 08:12pm
Ok, this is a question about recording.

So my band just wrote a song, which is sort of hardcore-ish, and it has a break down, and tons of tempo changes.

I need to know how to record a song with tempo changes, because our program has a built in metronome, that only goes one speed through the whole process (we use Mixcraft, 4.1). We've never recorded a song with tempo changes for this purpose.

Any helpful tips? Any programs to record with?

(Oh, by the way, we're thirteen years old, so we don't exactly have enough money sitting around to have a studio session. =/)
jonas erik altberg.
Banned
jonas erik altberg.
May 29th, 2008 at 08:03am
Anyone got easier tabs for Bat Country [A7X]...cause i can't seem to keep along with it when i'm trying to play it.
a day to remember.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
a day to remember.
May 29th, 2008 at 06:40pm
Technically, your post should go in the Tabulature thread.

If it's too hard, dumb it down yourself. Play half the notes.

Or move onto another song, until you get better.
Paroxysm
Joining The Black Parade
Paroxysm
June 8th, 2008 at 12:33am
The?!Society:
Where do you guys get your band names from? Our band is a little stuck on what to name ourselves.

band names can really be whatever you want. Something that remdinds you of something important. something of the tele. anything that makes you laugh

a few of thew bands i know actually got their name but choosing four words out of a random book.
so get the nearest book go to chapter 5, page 4, paragrah 2, line 2, and words 4,5 and 6. and youve got a name, lol

i hope that helped
Paroxysm
Joining The Black Parade
Paroxysm
June 8th, 2008 at 01:34am
I Don't know if anyone would find this helpfull but i had alot of trouble usuing my pinky outside of power and regular chords

but this really helped me build it up:
http://www.myguitarsolo.com/gym1.gif

i was just going to put the picture up but it was too big for the page.
Warbrain.
Awake and Unafraid
Warbrain.
June 10th, 2008 at 04:24pm
Does anybody have any good tips on teaching yourself how to play the piano?
I know absolutely nothing about playing, but I really want to try.
a day to remember.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
a day to remember.
June 13th, 2008 at 06:00pm
^ Take a class on music theory, I guess. Get a piano teacher. You can't teach yourself piano (I tried).
FrankiieIero
Jazz Hands
FrankiieIero
July 9th, 2008 at 11:56am
Help!!
A couple friends and I just started a band and we don't have a logo yet...
We really, really need a logo.
If any of you guys are really creative, it would be abosolutely awesome if you can make me a logo! =] =]

Band Names:
[[We have 2 possible names]]
~Public Control
~Public Conviction

You can make one for each or make one for one of them. =]
a day to remember.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
a day to remember.
July 9th, 2008 at 05:33pm
If you seriously need a logo...

What type of band are you?
Because if you guys are grindcore, I need to make it completely illegible.
FrankiieIero
Jazz Hands
FrankiieIero
July 9th, 2008 at 08:40pm
The Fatality D::
If you seriously need a logo...

What type of band are you?
Because if you guys are grindcore, I need to make it completely illegible.

Not really...
We're more like a punk band not really a grindcore band.
Specific colors we'd like are black, red,and white.
Thanks a lot for helping out!! =] =]
a day to remember.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
a day to remember.
July 10th, 2008 at 12:28am
ok I'll see what I can come up with ^^
raggedy doctor
Shotgun Sinner
raggedy doctor
August 8th, 2008 at 03:00pm
mmmkay, i'm gonna start to learn my dad's acoustic guitar soon. [Wow]
any hints/tips you guys know which will help me, in general?