Don't have an account? Create one!

Creation

AuthorMessage
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
July 7th, 2007 at 02:18pm
XMusicDudetteX:
No, it really does not make far more sense. The ridiculous gap in the theory of evolution is larger than the gap between Spongebob's teeth. Evolution is starting to be proved wrong. Scientists just will not accept that the theory is not true.

And yeah, I know it is not. But seriously, the Evolution theory does not make any sense. The way everything is designed just cannot come from a big bang. It took thought and planning for things to be created the way they are, not some random big bang.

What about evolution doesn't make sense to you? I can't explain everything, of course, and I don't know much about the genesis of the Earth / the universe, but as for life itself, I think evolution is pretty much the only theory thus far that come close to being sound. Survival of the fittest has virtually been proven, and when you look at the overwhelming evidence in fossil records and common traits among species, it really does make quite a lot of sense.
jkl
Demolition Lover
jkl
July 7th, 2007 at 02:27pm
Dance on fire.:
If you ask who created the rock?
I ask; how does god exist? Who created god?[/color][/size]

God just is.
rumored nights.
Salute You in Your Grave
rumored nights.
July 7th, 2007 at 02:30pm
Dance on fire.:
Then, if god did all of that stuff. How could he hear your prayers?
He's probably going to be interested in another side of the universe, not Earth. He's got more interesting species to work with, he probably wouldn't care about us.

Um, why would he create us and not give a crap?
I guess he probabley thinks we're all retarded for screwing up the world like we have, but he still loves everyone.
Even you. Though apprently you don't believe. He still does.
He hears all of our prays. The stuff you pray for may not come out like you would've hoped or happen immeditally, but he hears and does his best.
dont stop.
Salute You in Your Grave
dont stop.
July 9th, 2007 at 04:03am
ha13y!?:

Um, why would he create us and not give a crap?
I guess he probabley thinks we're all retarded for screwing up the world like we have, but he still loves everyone.
Even you. Though apprently you don't believe. He still does.
He hears all of our prays. The stuff you pray for may not come out like you would've hoped or happen immeditally, but he hears and does his best.
According to almost every religion there is; god doesn't love you if you're not perfect enough.
You can't be gay, you have to believe.
rumored nights.
Salute You in Your Grave
rumored nights.
July 9th, 2007 at 05:15am
[quote="Dance on fire."]
According to almost every religion there is; god doesn't love you if you're not perfect enough.
You can't be gay, you have to believe.

Um, A. Do some more research on religion.
B. No one is perfect
and
C. In MY religion, God loves everyone.

And I'm tired of doing this so I'm not answering anymore.
red windmill.
Always Born a Crime
red windmill.
July 9th, 2007 at 06:57am
personally i reckon no one can explain how the earth was created, you have religon and you have science.

both contridict(sp) eachother, making it hard to find out.

no one is alive today that was alive when the world began so therefore we shall never truely know.
AmandaAdenine
Thinking Happy Thoughts
AmandaAdenine
July 9th, 2007 at 10:04am
I thought evolution said we were made from Monkeys.
If this is so, why are monkeys still around.
Maybe I am being stupid, but I just think, if we were made from Monkeys or Apes, why are Monkeys and Apes still around, Cavemen are not still around, and we were supposedly morphed from them, how can that be if Monkeys are still around they would have died off along time ago, in my theory, right.

Also think about it, people in the bible days did not really have to most realiable source for a calendar, its like Sim time, a day for them is like maybe five or so minutes of play time, so what if a day for the bible was longer than our 24 hour days.
Beeblebrox
Really Not Okay
Beeblebrox
July 10th, 2007 at 09:48pm
I have faith in god but cannot trust a bible that was transcribed by men, then argued over and voted on what would go in and what would go out. It's a good story and means of inspiration, but I don't take a lot of it as hard fact.

I think there was a general scheme laid out by a higher power, that the universe was formed by the higher powers and set into motion and from there the scientific evidence takes over, water, cells, animals, plants, humans. I don't think god takes an active hand in the world (causing weather, plagues, etc.) but simply set forth everything and allows it all to play out.

But, does the beginning really matter? We're here, obviously, regardless of how.
Meeshell
Awake and Unafraid
Meeshell
July 10th, 2007 at 10:43pm
writerGrrl:
I think God created the world in its infacy and then just left it alone and everything else evolved.

i think thats a very good possibility. as many of you have mentioned, the adam and eve theory is very shaky, but i remember a few months back watching a show on discovery about how they found a way to link every person on the earth to one man. and they eventually did it, proving the theory that we are all somehow related and that adam really is all of our fathers. but again, as some have mentioned, what about incest? which the bible is against. i think it's one of those mysteries that will never truly be solved.
spark and fade.
Motor Baby
spark and fade.
July 11th, 2007 at 05:17am
We were discussing this very topic in science class a little while back. A lot of people think that evolution says that we came from monkeys, but that's not what it's saying at all. We just shared a common ancestor with monkeys at one point. I mean, if you look at the bone structure and internal organ structure, there are many similarities. We just evolved differently from this common ancestor, whereas others evolved into chimps and whatnot through chance genetic mutations.
I'm not saying THIS IS WHAT REALLY HAPPENED YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE IT, I'm saying that this is what the theory of evolution says (as told by my biology teacher).

I think I could believe that the world itself was created with a big bang. But how did the actual life get here? But I guess that's not really what this topic is about.
Beeblebrox
Really Not Okay
Beeblebrox
July 12th, 2007 at 07:18pm
skittles o.O:
i remember a few months back watching a show on discovery about how they found a way to link every person on the earth to one man. and they eventually did it, proving the theory that we are all somehow related and that adam really is all of our fathers. but again, as some have mentioned, what about incest?

Well, if you take the bible as very loose truth, then there is the understanding that god made the first people on earth, Adam and Eve. They in turn, had two sons, Cain and Abel. At one point, the bible says that Cain went off and found a wife. It does not say that he married his sister, nor at ANY point in the bible does it specifically state that god made Adam and Eve and no other person. It only says that they were the first. But that circles back around to my generally held belief that since man wrote the bible, it is full of inaccuracies and misinterpretations.
dont stop.
Salute You in Your Grave
dont stop.
July 12th, 2007 at 07:39pm
I'm respecting everyone's views now.
But, neither can prove themselves.
And actually, the bible was edited, and we know the government isn't telling us all that it should about what we should know.
If there's an afterlife, we'll find out, if it infact doesn't exist, we'll never find out because we'll be dead.
There's no way to know, really.
And, if the bible was edited, obviously the church didn't want us to know some thing...
which, makes me suspicious.

Neither has proved itself right.
Panda Stalker
Jazz Hands
Panda Stalker
July 12th, 2007 at 08:39pm
Beeblebrox:
I have faith in god but cannot trust a bible that was transcribed by men, then argued over and voted on what would go in and what would go out. It's a good story and means of inspiration, but I don't take a lot of it as hard fact.

I think there was a general scheme laid out by a higher power, that the universe was formed by the higher powers and set into motion and from there the scientific evidence takes over, water, cells, animals, plants, humans. I don't think god takes an active hand in the world (causing weather, plagues, etc.) but simply set forth everything and allows it all to play out.

I think that same exact thing. I almost look at it like Earth and such is his science experiment that he loves Smile
Beeblebrox
Really Not Okay
Beeblebrox
July 13th, 2007 at 06:23pm
Panda Stalker:

I think that same exact thing. I almost look at it like Earth and such is his science experiment that he loves.

My view is that science and religion don't necessarily have to collide and contradict one another. There is room for both if you are willing to accept that man's interpretation of biblical events might be flawed and if you are willing to accept that organized religion (aka, the catholic church) has throughout history bent religion to suit it's own purpose.

Take Christmas for example, December 25th is not the exact date of Christ's birth. It was strategically chosen to be the exact same day as a pagan holiday so that the church could draw people away from immoral paga rites. If you can understand that, then you can easily see that the bible (and the story of creation) was written in just the same fashion. Facts were more than likely distorted to suit the end purpose.
MrRandomGuy
Fabulous Killjoy
MrRandomGuy
July 13th, 2007 at 07:46pm
The book of Genises states that God created the world and universe in six days. The days mentioned is not the literal 24 hour day that we are used to. Remember that God is outside time, so it could have been thousands or millions of years between the days.

Creationists disgust me because they take the Bible far too literally and say that it was six 24 hour days despite all the evidence around them that the earth is 4.55 billion years old.

Evolutionists don't make me happy either. Somehow the earth and universe was made by some random chances? There's no possible way that the earth is the way it is from a random accident because everything works perfectly. There is a balance in nature and the universe.

If someone were to combine the theories then it would be more plausable. The big bang did happen and God used his power to steer everything in the right direction. In his point of view, six days passed. In our point of view it was a lot longer.

Now...about Cain and Abel and the old quesiton of "How are there other people there?" when Cain kills Abel and asks God to protect him from anyone hurting him. The Bible doesn't say that Adam and Eve didn't have any children before they ate from the tree of knowledge. I think that they did because why would God say that he would increase the pain of childbirth if Eve never experienced it before? Plus we have no idea how long they were in the Garden of Eden so it's possible there were a few hundred humans running around.
Oxycontin Genocide.
Banned
Oxycontin Genocide.
July 13th, 2007 at 08:39pm
MrRandomGuy:
The book of Genises states that God created the world and universe in six days. The days mentioned is not the literal 24 hour day that we are used to. Remember that God is outside time, so it could have been thousands or millions of years between the days.

Creationists disgust me because they take the Bible far too literally and say that it was six 24 hour days despite all the evidence around them that the earth is 4.55 billion years old.

Evolutionists don't make me happy either. Somehow the earth and universe was made by some random chances? There's no possible way that the earth is the way it is from a random accident because everything works perfectly. There is a balance in nature and the universe.

If someone were to combine the theories then it would be more plausable. The big bang did happen and God used his power to steer everything in the right direction. In his point of view, six days passed. In our point of view it was a lot longer.

Now...about Cain and Abel and the old quesiton of "How are there other people there?" when Cain kills Abel and asks God to protect him from anyone hurting him. The Bible doesn't say that Adam and Eve didn't have any children before they ate from the tree of knowledge. I think that they did because why would God say that he would increase the pain of childbirth if Eve never experienced it before? Plus we have no idea how long they were in the Garden of Eden so it's possible there were a few hundred humans running around.

The reason the Earth happened to work out perfectly, is because we're the successful, um experiment if you will. There are an infinite number of planets in the universe, all of them meant to be inhabitants of species, but they failed, so there are very few, possibly 500,000 who hold some form of intelligent species.
CAMERONEO
Killjoy
CAMERONEO
July 13th, 2007 at 10:57pm
blue_ dragon
"I don't believe the Bible story of how the world was created; due to the fact that some Christian people that I know believe in the Bible to tell the whole truth; and I'm afraid that doesn't wash over. Since the Old Testiment has about 3 or 4 different stories about how the world was made; the most common one is 7 days, the other has Adam and Eve."

lol adam and eve story ties in with the seven days the stories arnt seperate. God created men after he created the earth.

and the incest thing thats very intresting i question that myself when i was younger

You have to remeber the human race became imperfect once Adam sinned and himself and Eve was forced to leave the garden. Adam and Eve didnt start having children until they were bannished from the garden of Eaden for good. Blood type, birth defeacts were not takin in consideration because Adam and Eve were created from Gods image they were perfect. It didnt matter how many children they had retardation did not exist.

evolution from monkeys : you might look like a monkey but i sure don't =D

Charles Darwin did several test on his theory of evolution he discovered it was false...he infact did become a christian. People don't wanna accept the fact.
jace wayland.
Shotgun Sinner
jace wayland.
July 14th, 2007 at 01:43am
CAMERONEO:
blue_ dragon
"I don't believe the Bible story of how the world was created; due to the fact that some Christian people that I know believe in the Bible to tell the whole truth; and I'm afraid that doesn't wash over. Since the Old Testiment has about 3 or 4 different stories about how the world was made; the most common one is 7 days, the other has Adam and Eve."

lol adam and eve story ties in with the seven days the stories arnt seperate. God created men after he created the earth.

and the incest thing thats very intresting i question that myself when i was younger

You have to remeber the human race became imperfect once Adam sinned and himself and Eve was forced to leave the garden. Adam and Eve didnt start having children until they were bannished from the garden of Eaden for good. Blood type, birth defeacts were not takin in consideration because Adam and Eve were created from Gods image they were perfect. It didnt matter how many children they had retardation did not exist.

evolution from monkeys : you might look like a monkey but i sure don't =D

Charles Darwin did several test on his theory of evolution he discovered it was false...he infact did become a christian. People don't wanna accept the fact.

I don't believe that god created the world and I don't think I ever will because there is simply no proof to this.
Compair yourself to any other animal will you and you will look most like monkeys. Our mouths are in the same place so are the arms and legs they have ears similar to ours they have eyes in the same place as well as a nose. I don't see any resemblince of humans in say a ant.
I believe in evolution simply from the fossil evidence. They Neanderthal and Homo Sapiens came from Homo Ergaster. Then the Humans and Neanderthal lived together for a bit and either they interbred or the Neanderthal became extinct. That's how I see it.

Can you also post where you got the information on Charles Darwin. Thank You
MedicateYourLife
Shotgun Sinner
MedicateYourLife
July 14th, 2007 at 04:41am
I think about this everyday.
It fustrates me so much.
I have no idea what to believe.
There is so many theroys and...it's crazy.
I personally, don't think God created everything.
Because, then how was God created??
Beeblebrox
Really Not Okay
Beeblebrox
July 15th, 2007 at 07:00pm
Sodapop:
I don't believe that god created the world and I don't think I ever will because there is simply no proof to this.

That is why it is called "faith".