August 5th, 2008 at 02:50am
PsychedelicHorseshit:
BIG BANG THEORY

Uhm, can you elaborate on that?
sci-fi-noise
Jazz Hands
sci-fi-noise
August 5th, 2008 at 04:46pm
^ well I simply think it makes the most sense.
elphie.
Bulletproof Heart
elphie.
August 5th, 2008 at 04:56pm
By God Smile
sci-fi-noise
Jazz Hands
sci-fi-noise
August 5th, 2008 at 05:03pm
^ sure but how did god do it?
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
August 5th, 2008 at 09:45pm
PsychedelicHorseshit:
^ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang_theory

All of us are familiar with the big bang theory, I think Lovesick Melody was asking you to express why you believe that.

PsychedelicHorseshit:

Well, there's the classic bible creation story, but I tend to think that God is the cause behind whatever started the universe. (Be it the 'big bang' or something else)
Someone else clarified for me that matter can be neither created or destroyed, at least to all human knowledge. So perhaps God is created all the matter that makes up the universe? Whether that is true or not, it all had to come from somewhere.
the.reaper.wore.pink
Motor Baby
the.reaper.wore.pink
August 6th, 2008 at 12:05am
i don't see why there should be a debate about the "bible's version" and the "scientific version" I don't find them necessary conflicting and contradictory. They could be even contrary or subcontrary so, we never can really know
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
August 6th, 2008 at 12:17am
^So true.
I don't think we will ever really know, unless they invent a time machine or something.
sinking feeling
Thinking Happy Thoughts
sinking feeling
August 6th, 2008 at 01:36am
i totally believe in evolution. we studied evolution in my bio class this year and theres soo much evidence supporting evolution...i also dont believe in God so...
sci-fi-noise
Jazz Hands
sci-fi-noise
August 7th, 2008 at 03:38am
PsychedelicHorseshit:

Well, there's the classic bible creation story, but I tend to think that God is the cause behind whatever started the universe. (Be it the 'big bang' or something else)
Someone else clarified for me that matter can be neither created or destroyed, at least to all human knowledge. So perhaps God is created all the matter that makes up the universe? Whether that is true or not, it all had to come from somewhere.[/quote]

What do you believe god is? Just wondering because someone was talking to me about it once and they said they believed god was just a combination of every human and living things energy. that god is inside everyone in a way. This makes sense to me that everyone and everything is connected and we communicate without even knowing it kind of like the 100th monkey thing.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
August 7th, 2008 at 08:29am
PsychedelicHorseshit:

What do you believe god is? Just wondering because someone was talking to me about it once and they said they believed god was just a combination of every human and living things energy. that god is inside everyone in a way. This makes sense to me that everyone and everything is connected and we communicate without even knowing it kind of like the 100th monkey thing.

Beeblebrox:
The argument for "who created God" is a tough one, but the answer is this: Those that believe in God, understand God to be an infinite, eternal essence that has always existed—no one created God. God exists not as much as a physical being, taking up space and having a brain and hands, etc., but more of as an essence that was everything and existed before there was a universe, before there were planets, matter, cells etc. God exists outside of time, outside of history, outside of physical things.

I also believe that everyone has God inside them, as the holy spirit.
dana eats dreams
Banned
dana eats dreams
August 11th, 2008 at 01:28am
So I've thought about this topic A LOT.

I've decided that I don't need to know how the world was created,
I'm never gonna find out anyway.

So I think that God made the Dinosaurs and we evolved from there (;
a day to remember.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
a day to remember.
August 11th, 2008 at 05:38pm
Um, the dinosaurs started relatively late in the history of evolution on Earth.
We started from single celled organisms.
the desperate ranks.
Always Born a Crime
the desperate ranks.
August 11th, 2008 at 06:08pm
Both my science teacher and my pastor suggested this theory - that for God, one day is like millions or billions of years... and I remember reading a passage in the bible where he said something like that. A day to God isn't necessarily a day to humans; it was just a time measurement we created. The seven days it took for God to create the world might each have been billions of years... and that might be where scientists got evolution. I'm not really sure about the big bang theory... it does make sense, though. My science teacher said he "doesn't think he evolved from monkeys." So... I don't know. I think the theory that the days are actually longer is interesting. I'm not really sure what I believe. I just thought I'd add this theory.

But I agree with dana eats dreams; we will never really know how Earth was created, and we don't really need to know.
cyAb6a
Salute You in Your Grave
cyAb6a
August 11th, 2008 at 08:55pm
God created the earth, bottom line, if you want the whole story read Genesis
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
August 11th, 2008 at 09:39pm
^ I personally think trying to speculate the bible into sensible functioning logic so it fits in to reality is a bit laughable. Theologians, Scholars, and Priests all accept and understand that Genesis was not meant to explain for all of pre-history. The dinosaurs where never meant to be apart of the story, it was just a simple explanation for simple minded people who lived thousands of years ago.

Now alot of people have said they believe "God" created us or life. I would really hope that everyone could clarify this a bit more as it can mean a number of things. I for one believe in God the way I believe in myself, in you, and the tree outside my window. I believe Everything including life was created through natural processes and that evolution took it from there. In a sense this is not a sign of God, this IS God, as is the entire Universe and the balance that nature keeps.

I feel this is quite different then believing a giant guy with a white beard was sittin on a cloud and decided to create the spark of life one day, which may or may not mean 24hrs. For me this seams a bit Illogical and not to be taken literally. But thats me.

just_another_cog:
But I agree with dana eats dreams; we will never really know how Earth was created, and we don't really need to know.

I disagree, I think we have a pretty good start already and I for one would really really like to know the truth of it all, what ever it is. ~ Rex
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
August 11th, 2008 at 09:56pm
KingRex:

I feel this is quite different then believing a giant guy with a white beard was sittin on a cloud and decided to create the spark of life one day, which may or may not mean 24hrs. For me this seams a bit Illogical and not to be taken literally. But thats me.

It also definitely says at one point in the bible that a day for God is not the same as a day for a human, and I think that makes perfect sense, but I also think that the Genesis story, is just that, a story. I also don't think many of us here think of god in the 'giant guy with a white beard' way.
The view of God that you described seems very Islamic. (In a totally good way)
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
August 11th, 2008 at 10:09pm
^Its possible it's in an updated version. Now instead of King James its the New International thats being upheld. As far as I know, nothing is said as such in the King James Genisis. So far that's all I have read I still have to finish with all the bigats.

Thats fine, I wasn't saying anyone here believes such. I just wanted to show that saying "God created life" can mean a number of things based how you look at God. Really, hug. Thas just how I see God portrayed in biblical imagry, not to mention the Simpsons lol. ~ Rex
ClaireBear016
Killjoy
ClaireBear016
April 20th, 2009 at 06:54pm
i do sorta believe in the bible but i was thinking...

god could have created the big bang...
ClaireBear016
Killjoy
ClaireBear016
April 20th, 2009 at 07:01pm
i do sorta believe in the bible but i was thinking...

god could have created the big bang...