Don't have an account? Create one!

Creation

AuthorMessage
CAMERONEO
Killjoy
CAMERONEO
July 15th, 2007 at 09:25pm
"Can you also post where you got the information on Charles Darwin. Thank You"

Sodapop Just go in google and look it up besides they have found evidence about the battles of ancient times like the battles of the jews and how MOSES LED THE JEWS TRHOUGH AND OUT OF EGYPT to the promise land. They have found proof and there are old written documents that back this up. If this story in the bible is true with many others then why would the other ones be false. Jews have kept records of this sense the beginning. Look it up yourself : /

and ple
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
July 15th, 2007 at 10:05pm
^This is a Discussion Board. If you want to have a discussion and you're asked for proof, you have to back up your argument yourself.
Beeblebrox
Really Not Okay
Beeblebrox
July 16th, 2007 at 03:45pm
Well, I think there is a major difference between showing evidence of a cultural war in Egypt and showing evidence of divine intelligence. Most cultural and geographical elements of the bible can be proven with hard science. There is a whole tv series on the History Channel devoted to it. This is easy to prove since thousands of people were alive then, all of whom had language and a written alphabet and could transcribe what they saw.

The book of Genesis was not transcribed by Adam or Eve, nor was anyone attributed to actually writing it. The majority of modern biblical scholars and contemporary academics have found that Genesis, together with four other books, is most likely a composite work assembled and edited from various sources. These sources came from a wide variety of places and many different dates. There were inconsistantsies among versions, so that is why I still hold to the idea that because we compiled the one story of Genesis from many different stories, the vaildity of it can be flawed.
xXDr. KrazyXx
Fabulous Killjoy
xXDr. KrazyXx
July 17th, 2007 at 06:56pm
The world was created by chance.
It's as simple as that.
I believe in the big bang theory.
We are a hap of chance.
So live while you're alive because I suppose you're lucky.
lunacyxfringe
Killjoy
lunacyxfringe
July 17th, 2007 at 08:22pm
All I have to say is that the facts are there... dinosaurs were real, fossils are there to prove it. They lived over 3 million years ago. According to other beleif, the Earth isn't that old, now your choice is either fact or beleif. I, personally am not for or against either. But like stated above live while your alive, thats all that matters, truly.
xXlifelessXloveXx
Killjoy
xXlifelessXloveXx
July 19th, 2007 at 03:40am
one word..................................................G.O.D.
Oxycontin Genocide.
Banned
Oxycontin Genocide.
July 19th, 2007 at 04:23am
^That's your opinion.
salmiakki
Killjoy
salmiakki
July 19th, 2007 at 12:36pm
The theory of evolution has absolutely nothing to do with how the universe came to be. It is a theory that deals with how the first self replicating... thing could (and did) evolve and develop into the biodiversity that we see around us today(and before anybody remarks that it's just a theory and not fact, well so is the THEORY OF GRAVITY). The fact that you people mix these topics together, and talk about fish dying before they could evolve to survive on land, among other things, shows that you have no idea what the theory of evolution actually claims. I don't know about you but I prefer to know something about a subject before I form an opinion about it. Even reading the wikipedia page on the topics at hand would give you a good base to to stand on. Another site worth recommending is talkorigins.org
MrRandomGuy
Fabulous Killjoy
MrRandomGuy
July 19th, 2007 at 02:47pm
I don't use wikipedia as a source because anyone can edit the information. I tested it out myself and put that Robert Graves (a British author in the 20th century) was arrested in the 60's for smoking marijuana.

I still don't think the universe happened out of a random chance of events. Evolution is a good theory in some ways, but in others it is not (and I don't know much about evolution to debate it, sorry!)
salmiakki
Killjoy
salmiakki
July 19th, 2007 at 04:25pm
It's good to be cautious when reading an article on wikipedia, but at least the scientific articles on there seem to be fairly accurate (the page about the author no longer mentions any arrests).
And just to repeat: evolution has nothing to do with the creation of the universe and vice versa. They are two completely different and separate topics.
As for my opinion on the matter, the evidence points to evolution being responsible for all the different creatures we see. I'm especially compelled by the fact that we have yet to find a structure that couldn't have developed by the process of evolution. but if new evidence is uncovered then I will reconsider my position on the matter.
I know to little about the big bang theory to have an opinion on the birth of our universe, but god has yet to be the proved explanation to anything (as far as I know) so I don't see Him as a strong candidate for this either.
Bullet.
Salute You in Your Grave
Bullet.
July 19th, 2007 at 07:25pm
I'm un-religious and don't believe in God. If god created the world then why did he never get round to making dinosaurs? Yet they clearly did exsist.

I have nothing against people who think it was this almighty force known as God who made the world but I believe it was evolution . . . the big bang. It was definitaly natural . . .

But really we're never gonna know and I personally think we should concentrate moer about looking after it and not destroying it than working out how it started. :]
Rock Steady
Salute You in Your Grave
Rock Steady
July 20th, 2007 at 02:51am
i agree with Bullet. tbh what does it matter how it started?

some find it hard to belive some big guy just went 'hey lets create a world this week'
some find it hard to belive that there was a Big Bang and then everything came to be.

its not really in human comprehension to figure it out..... because no-one knows what there was before the big bang...and no-one knows if god is real.

surely in the end everything can come down to random chance events... why does there need to be a theory for everything? some things just are...
KateConspiracy
Killjoy
KateConspiracy
July 21st, 2007 at 07:11am
I believe that we'll never figure it out, and there's a million possibilities aside from God and the big bang.
But i do believe that the bible was wrong about a lot of things it's said, particularly because it sometimes contradicts itself.
LifeOnStandby
Motor Baby
LifeOnStandby
July 22nd, 2007 at 05:23am
KateConspiracy:
I believe that we'll never figure it out, and there's a million possibilities aside from God and the big bang.
But i do believe that the bible was wrong about a lot of things it's said, particularly because it sometimes contradicts itself.

Bible can't be "wrong." Events in the bible can be taken metaphorically and however you want through faith. There's a LOT of different translations to the bible, even different practices of Christianity are around because of the different views and beliefs.
Pandora's Box
Motor Baby
Pandora's Box
July 23rd, 2007 at 04:20pm
I think anything in the universe can be explained by simple science and I think the world was created by a big bang and dust and rocks being pulled together to form earth as for people I think we were originally bactria which morphed into like small animals which evolved into dinosaurs which evolved itn oapes ETC
I dont belive in god and never have done
Kaede
Bleeding on the Floor
Kaede
July 24th, 2007 at 02:03pm
lunacyxfringe:
All I have to say is that the facts are there... dinosaurs were real, fossils are there to prove it. They lived over 3 million years ago. According to other beleif, the Earth isn't that old, now your choice is either fact or beleif. I, personally am not for or against either. But like stated above live while your alive, thats all that matters, truly.

I'd have to agree. I don't think we can ever find the answer if it happened in the far past. Its more complex then finding out who Jack the Reaper really was.
Beeblebrox
Really Not Okay
Beeblebrox
July 25th, 2007 at 04:47pm
LifeOnStandby:
Bible can't be "wrong." Events in the bible can be taken metaphorically and however you want through faith. There's a LOT of different translations to the bible

I disagree. The bible CAN be wrong because God himself did not sit down and write it. Men did and men are not perfect. Hell, I don't know ONE person on this earth that can listen to someone else tell a story and then copy that exact same story word for word without getting anything inccorect, out of place or misunderstood. Yes, there is a lot of room for interpretation, but there is even more room for editing mistakes.
Helena'sGhOsT
Jazz Hands
Helena'sGhOsT
July 27th, 2007 at 05:35pm
Beeblebrox:
LifeOnStandby:
Bible can't be "wrong." Events in the bible can be taken metaphorically and however you want through faith. There's a LOT of different translations to the bible

I disagree. The bible CAN be wrong because God himself did not sit down and write it. Men did and men are not perfect. Hell, I don't know ONE person on this earth that can listen to someone else tell a story and then copy that exact same story word for word without getting anything inccorect, out of place or misunderstood. Yes, there is a lot of room for interpretation, but there is even more room for editing mistakes.
id have toagree.
its just a case of random luck the universe was created .
i guess some thing just spantaniously combusted and or exploded (big bang),
dust and rocks gathered together and after a long time formed proto planets then planets.
voice4mygeneration65
Jazz Hands
voice4mygeneration65
July 27th, 2007 at 11:28pm
All I can say is that I believe in evolution and the Big Bang. On the other hand with the Big Bang I was believe that there is a higher power or some other sources out there because how else could the Big Bang have started? There had to be something there to start.
bright lights x x
Really Not Okay
bright lights x x
July 29th, 2007 at 01:06am
uhhh i highly doubt two peices of dust created the world
i am against the big bang
i follow God