Don't have an account? Create one!

Creation

AuthorMessage
gerardwayluverxx
Killjoy
gerardwayluverxx
September 13th, 2007 at 08:25pm
the thing is even with the bible and scientific views the whole thing is still impossible ..if god created the world where did god come from..........and how can somthing just happen somone must have done somthing for a world to start .......iv confused myself
gerardwayluverxx
Killjoy
gerardwayluverxx
September 13th, 2007 at 08:27pm
[quote="King Of The Jews JR"]Its simple, my god is a flying spaghetti monster.
In the beginning he created the mountains, some trees and a midget.
Our heaven has a stripper factory and a beer volcano.
Join Us for we are the right path.

Ok seriously, Earth was created when large amounts of space dust started collecting together. Well thats what i believe
but where did the space dust come from then lol ?
mirarle
Thinking Happy Thoughts
mirarle
September 14th, 2007 at 10:31pm
King Of The Jews JR:
Its simple, my god is a flying spaghetti monster.
In the beginning he created the mountains, some trees and a midget.
Our heaven has a stripper factory and a beer volcano.
Join Us for we are the right path.

Ok seriously, Earth was created when large amounts of space dust started collecting together. Well thats what i believe anyway

Flying Spaghetti Monsterism is the illuminated way. Capt. Jack Sparrow said so. He's our highest priest.

I'm Buddhist, so it's evolution and big bang or whatever science proof there is. I've yet to read that much on the big bang, but evolution and the scientific explaination of the origin of life is the way I see it.
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 24th, 2007 at 12:15pm
Until this thread, I've never really thought about it.

I don't think we'll ever know.
TaraIsBack!
Bleeding on the Floor
TaraIsBack!
October 24th, 2007 at 02:31pm
I am not really sure.
I think that the environment was right. I think that we evolved from itty bitty microscopic organisms.
But how did the organisms get there in the first place?
I think THAT is where God came in.
After that God had no control over what happened. Survival of the fittest, so to speak.
Beeblebrox
Really Not Okay
Beeblebrox
October 24th, 2007 at 06:45pm
The argument for "who created God" is a tough one, but the answer is this: Those that believe in God, understand God to be an infinite, eternal essence that has always existed—no one created God. God exists not as much as a physical being, taking up space and having a brain and hands, etc., but more of as an essence that was everything and existed before there was a universe, before there were planets, matter, cells etc. God exists outside of time, outside of history, outside of physical things.
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 24th, 2007 at 07:55pm
I've been doing belief in God in RE.

I can't remember all of them.
But the main one was the every cause has a cause which was caused by the uncaused cause - God.
If that makes sense.

So basically it says God 'caused' and created everything, but himself, for He in the uncaused cause.

The Joker
Salute You in Your Grave
The Joker
October 24th, 2007 at 10:56pm
I believe neither until i see proof!
Science is just taking really good guesses at the moment it isn't 10000000% certain.
Religion can never be proven as a God can never be proven to exist but you've got to have faith in christianity to believe it, I'm open minded I neither believe but i don't think its a pile of rubbish either.
The world could have been created from another form from the big bang or God which we just don't know as it happened so long ago.
Eight Bitter Years.
Killjoy
Eight Bitter Years.
August 2nd, 2008 at 02:18pm
I believe in scientific creation, the big band then evolution from single cells to fish then fish evolutionized to be out of water (reptiles) and i don't know how but i know that mammals came somehow and made humans. What i don't get is how somebody could believe that some faceless guy made earth in 7 days? then made 2 humans to populate the earth? he made the humans as highly advanced (physically) as us today, but there are thousands of pieces of actual PROOF that say people evolutionalized from Neanderthals and cromagnon. The whole "god" thing makes absolutely no sense
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
August 2nd, 2008 at 03:22pm
What i don't get is how somebody could believe that some faceless guy made earth in 7 days? then made 2 humans to populate the earth? he made the humans as highly advanced (physically) as us today, but there are thousands of pieces of actual PROOF that say people evolutionalized from Neanderthals and cromagnon. The whole "god" thing makes absolutely no sense

I think people always take that story to seriously. First of all who says God measures one day the same way we do? One day for him would be like a thousand years for us. Perhaps Adam and Eve where the first to monkeys to walk upright, or the first two cavemen. I don't think it says anywhere that the humans he made where as 'highly advanced' as we are today. Sure people often pain religious pictures of Adam and Eve that look like a fully evolved human, but who wants to paint a picture of two cavemen?
I believe in evolution and the big bang, but whose to say that God wasn't the driving force behind those things. I mean there has to be a need to evolve, you don't just change one day, there has to be some factor that forces you to evolve, maybe God created that factor. I think that God thing makes perfect sense if you don't take the creation story literally word for word.
Also for the 'faceless guy' thing, read Beeblebrox's post a little farther up, it kind of explains that.
questionable content
Always Born a Crime
questionable content
August 2nd, 2008 at 09:29pm
Beeblebrox:
The argument for "who created God" is a tough one, but the answer is this: Those that believe in God, understand God to be an infinite, eternal essence that has always existed—no one created God. God exists not as much as a physical being, taking up space and having a brain and hands, etc., but more of as an essence that was everything and existed before there was a universe, before there were planets, matter, cells etc. God exists outside of time, outside of history, outside of physical things.

That's what I believe, only, instead of God, or a god, that /something/ was always there-that something being matter, and that it's existed from the beginning, and always will continue to exist
Faye Merci
Salute You in Your Grave
Faye Merci
August 2nd, 2008 at 10:07pm
Personally, I don't believe in God, so I would have to say the theory of evolution does it for me.
IceHog69
Bulletproof Heart
IceHog69
August 3rd, 2008 at 02:52pm
Personally, I think the world is too complex to have been created by God. In my opinion, God is a name given by people long ago in order to explain things that they couldn't understand. I think the universe was created by a large explosion, which in my opinion is proved by red shift, which proves that the universe is expanding, as it would in the aftermath of a cataclismic explosion. I don't know what caused the explosion, and I refuse to believe that it all came from nothing, as it is impossible to have nothing (opposite of something is nothing, opposite of dark is light etc etc). I don't believe in God, but I am sort of comforted by the fact that there might be someone looking out for you, and things are supposed to happen for a reason. People imagine God as themselves (the Christian one is a white man), therefore making themselves the almighty, which is why I don't feel that the Universe could've been created by him, as there are so many versions of Him. Some people argue that there must be the First Cause, and that is God, but what created God?

sorry it's so long...
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
August 3rd, 2008 at 03:04pm
but what created God?

Beeblebrox:

That's what I believe.
raygunjones
Killjoy
raygunjones
August 3rd, 2008 at 03:06pm
i think it was the big bang
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
August 3rd, 2008 at 03:17pm
^ To participate here, you must back up your thoughts and beliefs with more than that - your reasoning is needed here, as this is a mature discussion.
Jenny.
Jenny.
August 3rd, 2008 at 06:30pm
I am a scientist, and therefore believe in the Big Bang/ Big Crunch. I am an atheist so don't believe in God(s). I mean, where does God come from in the first place? Surely there's a beginning to everything, so there MUST have been something before God.
I believe the idea of a whole load of rocks crashing together is more plausible than that.
What I'm curious about though, is where matter that supplied creation came from.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
August 3rd, 2008 at 09:53pm
Vanya Hargreeves:
What I'm curious about though, is where matter that supplied creation came from.

at first I thought your post said "I'm a scientologist"
That's a really good question, can you create matter?
Faye Merci
Salute You in Your Grave
Faye Merci
August 3rd, 2008 at 10:35pm
Eponine:
at first I thought your post said "I'm a scientologist"
That's a really good question, can you create matter?

Matter cannot be destroyed nor created. It simply is. So says Einstein.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
August 3rd, 2008 at 10:42pm
Faye Merci:

Matter cannot be destroyed nor created. It simply is. So says Einstein.

Okay, I thought it was something like that. So if it can't be destroyed or created where did it all come from, or maybe it was always there.