Salute You in Your Grave
Frankie-Oreo
May 22nd, 2007 at 03:39am
can someone post the link to the transcript? i'm doing an assignment on it
Murder Magician.
Jazz Hands
Murder Magician.
May 22nd, 2007 at 04:41am
apparently, because of cervial cancer vaccinations which were given today, a schoolgirl in adelaide was left paralysed.
WHAT
THE
HELL.
elliephant
Bleeding on the Floor
elliephant
May 22nd, 2007 at 04:43am
woah shite, really? Where'd you hear that, cause thats freaky seeing as I'll probably be getting mine next month.
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
May 22nd, 2007 at 05:08am
Dead Day Sun:

here ya go
http://sixtyminutes.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=267889
what assignment is it?
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
May 22nd, 2007 at 05:12am
Quinn.:
the world makes me angry at times.
but thats how the world is right now.
pretty screwed up.

i must say...after studying frontline in year 12, the media can kiss my rear end. dont believe anything you see on things like current affair or today tonight. its usually always one-sided and they shame people by using entrapment, which is appalling.

yeh i believe the media is unreliable. I wasn't so cautious before, but since I've noticed what they report all the time about Hillsong church where I go, it shows that the media is nothing but deception.

and take the iraqi war for example- why should the news cut out all the footage of what is really happening- like people blown up to pieces- civilian victims- if the news is supposed to 'connect people to what is happening in the world'?
Frankie-Oreo
Salute You in Your Grave
Frankie-Oreo
May 22nd, 2007 at 06:01am
Murder Magician.:
apparently, because of cervial cancer vaccinations which were given today, a schoolgirl in adelaide was left paralysed.
WHAT
THE
HELL.
she might've had a bad reaction to it.
everything at my school went down fine. don't be freaked out about it.
Frankie-Oreo
Salute You in Your Grave
Frankie-Oreo
May 22nd, 2007 at 06:01am
airwave parade:
Dead Day Sun:

here ya go
http://sixtyminutes.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=267889
what assignment is it?
im doing an assignment for english. its a feature article and im doing it on whether emo exists or not
leeshy
Jazz Hands
leeshy
May 22nd, 2007 at 06:09am
i dont count a current affair or today tonight as news programs because they are just full of rubbish and manipulate news. True story out front of my friends place there was a car crash because of an idiot father who was speeding and a bunch of reporters were hanging around trying to find something about ratty teens in werribee. So they interviewed her mum who explained that people hoon along the road and the speeding should stop and that the guy was speeding so it was his fault. IN the story they used her talking about the hoons and blamed the crash on werribees teenagers!!
ennui.
Awake and Unafraid
ennui.
May 22nd, 2007 at 08:57am
Dead Day Sun:
Murder Magician.:
WHAT
THE
HELL.
she might've had a bad reaction to it.
everything at my school went down fine. don't be freaked out about it.

Yeah we had ours done today
It would of been an allergic reaction.
Thats gotta suck. Only a couple of girls freaked out at my school just for that fact that they don't like needles, other than that, everyone was fine.
elliephant
Bleeding on the Floor
elliephant
May 22nd, 2007 at 09:29pm
airwave parade:

yeh i believe the media is unreliable. I wasn't so cautious before, but since I've noticed what they report all the time about Hillsong church where I go, it shows that the media is nothing but deception.

and take the iraqi war for example- why should the news cut out all the footage of what is really happening- like people blown up to pieces- civilian victims- if the news is supposed to 'connect people to what is happening in the world'?

Just as you shouldn't believe everything you see in the media, you also shouldn't write the entire media industry off as nothing but deception. There are honest reporters and journalists out there, even if they often seem fe and far between, but its way too generalist to say that the media is nothing but deception.

And I would say that the reason most news on television cut out footage of people being blown to pieces is that it can be very distressing to watch, and you can't guarantee that young children won't be exposed to it. (I'm not going to get into the debate over whether children should be allowed to see stuff like this, but seeing as the current attitude in society seems to be no they shouldn't, it's expected that tv news will be censored)
elliephant
Bleeding on the Floor
elliephant
May 23rd, 2007 at 02:01am
I can't find anything about the girl in Adeliade having a bad reaction to the cervical cancer vaccine, all the stories I can find about people freaking out over it were to do with the 21 girls at Sacred Heart Melbourne who fainted or whatever it was. Considering that they were all at the same school, I think the mass hysteria explanation is most likely after the first girl actually had a real reaction.

edit: "TWO South Australian Christian schools will not offer Gardasil to students because they believe it makes girls promiscuous.

Some US conservative Christian groups want the vaccine banned because they believe young girls are more likely to have sex if their risk of STD is cut."

sighhhh...don't worry about the cancer as long as they aren't sluts, who cares? ridiculous.
Frankie-Oreo
Salute You in Your Grave
Frankie-Oreo
May 23rd, 2007 at 02:57am
woooow. crazy christians
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
May 23rd, 2007 at 09:24am
elliephant:

Just as you shouldn't believe everything you see in the media, you also shouldn't write the entire media industry off as nothing but deception. There are honest reporters and journalists out there, even if they often seem fe and far between, but its way too generalist to say that the media is nothing but deception.

And I would say that the reason most news on television cut out footage of people being blown to pieces is that it can be very distressing to watch, and you can't guarantee that young children won't be exposed to it. (I'm not going to get into the debate over whether children should be allowed to see stuff like this, but seeing as the current attitude in society seems to be no they shouldn't, it's expected that tv news will be censored)

generalising true. Let's say the media does inform but with bias. Sorry I've been dissing your area of study. hehe. With the footage cuts, there was an opinion on that i read in a Rolling Stone mag- they actually included the website that has all the uncut footage...but i forget what it was before i could check it out. Yeah, really, there isn't neutrality- cutting out footage and not cutting it out are two extremes & there isn't really a grey area. I guess that's the way it is. No
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
May 23rd, 2007 at 09:32pm

But you also have to understand, the media is controlled by the head of the network or whatever it’s called. They basically have control over what stories are aired, and in what light they are shown. It’s not down to the journalists or presenters, they are just doing their job.
Dramione
Jazz Hands
Dramione
May 25th, 2007 at 07:40am
I know this is old but what did you think of the Burnley tunnel Fire?

Should there be a truck lane and car lanes?

Should we be slowing down on the roads?

and what about the green P laws
elliephant
Bleeding on the Floor
elliephant
May 25th, 2007 at 08:36am
asha molly.:

But you also have to understand, the media is controlled by the head of the network or whatever it’s called. They basically have control over what stories are aired, and in what light they are shown. It’s not down to the journalists or presenters, they are just doing their job.

Yar, one of the reasons I'm not exactly pysched up about the new media ownership laws.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
May 26th, 2007 at 01:12am

Hang on, what’s this about Green P laws?
Please tell me this isn’t in NSW!

If it is I will cry.
I’m getting mine next Friday!
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
May 26th, 2007 at 02:39am

Oh another news story (not so shocking, more ‘wtf?’):
That guy who got $1million because he was bullied in primary school.
What the fuck. So what if he was bullied? So what if the teachers said bullying builds character?
I just cannot see how being bullied in PRIMARY school would lead to somebody being declared unfit to work for the rest of their life.
The rest of your life is a pretty long time when you’re 18, I mean what the hell is he going to do with himself now?

I find it so ridiculous.
He so obviously can work sometime in his life.
sookeh.
Crash Queen
sookeh.
May 26th, 2007 at 03:04am
PRIMARY SCHOOL??
he could live for another 80 years,
i woulde get so bored, what is he going to do with himself??
Frankie-Oreo
Salute You in Your Grave
Frankie-Oreo
May 26th, 2007 at 05:03am
thats such bullshit. i got bullied last year at school, can i have a million dollars?