Don't have an account? Create one!

Wait... why is MCR for girls?

AuthorMessage
J.D. Poe
Fabulous Killjoy
J.D. Poe
May 17th, 2007 at 05:18pm
Munkimunch:
I know one girl who dresses kind of preppy but she loves MCR!! People need to get their heads out of their asses and shut the fuck up with stereotyping and leave some ppl the fuck alone!!!

I totally agree, the whole aggro against preps and genders in liking a certain type of music is ridiculous.
Though, oddly enough, this board(INO) is filled with a lot of people who do stereotype, which can be seen HERE.
vicious.
Bulletproof Heart
vicious.
May 17th, 2007 at 05:36pm
i know a bunch of guys that like MCR...
Jacob
Joe
Merrek
Colby
Hayden
John
Patrick
Daniel
Andy
Kyle
Harris
Chile
.....Mason....
Sloan
MCR is so NOT a chick band
Darkened Angel
Salute You in Your Grave
Darkened Angel
May 19th, 2007 at 09:10am
Off the top of my head I know three guys that are into MCR, two of them just love singing their songs during third period (badly might I add) to annoy me.

MCR fans shouldn't be limited to stereotype, the music's meant for anyone who wants to listen or can relate.
AVENGED-ROMANCE-USED
Fabulous Killjoy
AVENGED-ROMANCE-USED
May 19th, 2007 at 09:17am
hey each to their own that my hubby loves them to he's not excactly that young but love's them and well so does my nephew's and i think the kid that say's they are for girl's is just confused right now maybe he was brought up that way it does rub off but also you be your own person gay bi straight whatever who care's as long as your happy.
have a happy one . cheers
Ami von Grimm
Banned
Ami von Grimm
May 19th, 2007 at 09:21am
most of the people who like mcr (that i know) are girls, yes, but i also know a lot of mcr-loving guys!
MCR FREAK
Fabulous Killjoy
MCR FREAK
May 19th, 2007 at 10:26am
They're Stupid

MCr is for guys && girls
XxDead DivaxX
Bleeding on the Floor
XxDead DivaxX
May 19th, 2007 at 10:29am
I argee with you on this one. Their are alot of straight guys out there who like MCR, my boyfriend does, and all of my cousins, the rest of my guy friends, heck even my science teacher likes MCR. Now that really says something! :mr green:
me and my stomach
Thinking Happy Thoughts
me and my stomach
May 22nd, 2007 at 06:31am
i know teenie girls who don't like mcr. haha.

and guys DO like mcr.

i'm not exactly a teenie. i just like MUSIC.
loki.
Bulletproof Heart
loki.
May 22nd, 2007 at 12:36pm
is there such a problem with liking good music??
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
May 22nd, 2007 at 03:45pm
^^Apparently
Egyptian_Blue
Killjoy
Egyptian_Blue
May 22nd, 2007 at 05:41pm
I don't personally know too many guys who like MCR, just my cousin, but when I went to a concert half of the people there had to be guys. And they weren't just there with their girlfriends, they were singing along to every song. So unless every guy there was really a girl in disguise, I'd say plenty of boys are just as MCR crazy as some of the girls.
Danger.Zone--
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Danger.Zone--
May 22nd, 2007 at 08:40pm
I just have a question its no homophobia!just so you dont hate me! but seriously.....

why do all these guy people like MCR( and bi)???

Not being rude
Quinnmobile.
Jazz Hands
Quinnmobile.
May 22nd, 2007 at 08:54pm
There are many guys who are crazy about MCR, not just gals...
I agree with Egyptian_Blue, if you go to an MCR concert, half of the human beings there are men/boys whatever you wanna call it.
God.
That guy should get his head out of his ass...
+ MCR is a stoopendus band and ANYONE can like them.
Age.
Sex.
Race.
whatever.
They are for everyone..even aliens would like em.
Geoff Rickly
Banned
Geoff Rickly
May 22nd, 2007 at 09:18pm
Then show me a band that mostly guys like.
the_Saminator
Thinking Happy Thoughts
the_Saminator
May 22nd, 2007 at 09:30pm
Freddie Mercury!:
Ok, so in Spanish class a few months ago I was wearing one of my MCR shirts. A kid has the nerve to walk up to me and say "My chemical romance is for girls, what are you, a fag?" and i replied with "You're half right." (I told people i'm bi but im actually gay) and he said "Ew dude that's gross", "Whatever you wana think, but MCR is for anybody who likes their music. There are plenty of guys, straight, who like 'em just like I do." he said "Their fanbase is all girls who like to think they're bisexual vampires." so I said "First off, am I a lebian vampire? No. So shut up. Second, instead of telling me what kind of music I should like to fit your standards, why don't you take a shower." said...me. Then he just says "Oh whatever, MCR is still wicked gay." And my last words were "Actually, they're kind of depressive..."

But still. That was all MCR Fan stereotypes. Little teenage emo/goth girls. There ARE straight guys out there that like this band. They don't sing about love and bunnies and happy magical rainbow worlds with ponds of lime jello and gumdrop castles. No. Thats not MCR. My Chemical Romance is a BAND who makes MUSIC for EVERYONE. UGHH.

STEREOTYPES BLOW AND SUCK AT THE SAME TIME!!!!

Dude, he's a friggin' @$$ my big bro who's 25 yrs old and completely straight likes them, not as much as I do, but he still likes 'em.
the_Saminator
Thinking Happy Thoughts
the_Saminator
Freddie Mercury!:
Ok, so in Spanish class a few months ago I was wearing one of my MCR shirts. A kid has the nerve to walk up to me and say "My chemical romance is for girls, what are you, a fag?" and i replied with "You're half right." (I told people i'm bi but im actually gay) and he said "Ew dude that's gross", "Whatever you wana think, but MCR is for anybody who likes their music. There are plenty of guys, straight, who like 'em just like I do." he said "Their fanbase is all girls who like to think they're bisexual vampires." so I said "First off, am I a lebian vampire? No. So shut up. Second, instead of telling me what kind of music I should like to fit your standards, why don't you take a shower." said...me. Then he just says "Oh whatever, MCR is still wicked gay." And my last words were "Actually, they're kind of depressive..."

But still. That was all MCR Fan stereotypes. Little teenage emo/goth girls. There ARE straight guys out there that like this band. They don't sing about love and bunnies and happy magical rainbow worlds with ponds of lime jello and gumdrop castles. No. Thats not MCR. My Chemical Romance is a BAND who makes MUSIC for EVERYONE. UGHH.

Dude, he's a friggin' @$$ my big bro who's 25 yrs old and completely straight likes them, not as much as I do, but he still likes 'em.
the_Saminator
Thinking Happy Thoughts
the_Saminator
Freddie Mercury!:

the_Saminator
Thinking Happy Thoughts
the_Saminator
May 22nd, 2007 at 09:31pm
My bad about that ^^^^ my computer is ghey.
apocalypse suite.
Jazz Hands
apocalypse suite.
May 22nd, 2007 at 11:03pm
Freddie Mercury!:

I'm so glad that you came out & said all of that, because I've been thinking it for so long. So many friends of mine who do not fit the classic "MCR fan stereotype" love them so much. I just hope that MCR fans don't let the stereotypes bother them because after all, we're in it together and we all get it, and it doesn't matter if other people don't. Stereotypes suck, and all we can do is try to change them. Thank you again for posting this.

And PS, a HUGE thumbs-up for putting that guy in his place. I salute you. =)
My-Radical-Toe-Dance
Killjoy
My-Radical-Toe-Dance
May 22nd, 2007 at 11:05pm
Silverfox0990:
I have 3 outrages guys in my class who listens and is obssessed about MCR,I don't think there's something wrong with guys liking My Chem...

some guys just don't like it because they don't want other people to think that they're gay...they listen to rap instead...

haha i think guys who listen to rap are gay LOL and I mean the whole bland rap that you can't understand a word they say except the every second word being fuck