Wait... why is MCR for girls?

AuthorMessage
xXDitaVonSantiXx
Joining The Black Parade
xXDitaVonSantiXx
June 2nd, 2007 at 09:59pm
I agree anyways who the fuck want's to hear songs about other peoples mama's
and asses
and about how much money you own....well 50 cent is broke cause he isn't even worth a dollar oh back to MCR their lyrics are understanable and they don't showoff the money they have!!!! thier real musicians!!!!!!1
Adorkable.
Motor Baby
Adorkable.
June 2nd, 2007 at 10:06pm
Yea, I mean, you do see a majority of MCR fans out there that are female, but like said in earlier posts, that's teeniebopper magazines' fault. Just because there are so many teenie girls out there who are only interested in Gerard, people think that MCRs main fanbase is girls.
xXDitaVonSantiXx
Joining The Black Parade
xXDitaVonSantiXx
June 2nd, 2007 at 10:16pm
Your right I finally got out that shit, cause if you just love one dude in a band then
your not being a true fan cause the bands music is more important then the dudes looks!!!! The mags are pissing me off even more they talk about Gerard's hair alot and I heard he hates talking about that subject......they don't respect the musicians!!!!
Adorkable.
Motor Baby
Adorkable.
June 2nd, 2007 at 10:19pm
I know! There isn't a single real musician in any of those mags, except when they put in MCR.

Really, I think we should "shoplift and burn" teenie mags...right Gerard? Very Happy
xXDitaVonSantiXx
Joining The Black Parade
xXDitaVonSantiXx
June 2nd, 2007 at 10:28pm
If your talking to me I'm seriosly with you....but let's Spit on them after!!

my friends and I wrote complaint letters to J-14 cause they were like " We want our dashing dark man back with black hair not white" I was like Bullshit you know...it's like What do you know about them!!!I just wanna scream that in their faces do you?
The White Violin
Salute You in Your Grave
The White Violin
June 3rd, 2007 at 01:43am
Freddie Mercury!:
Ok, so in Spanish class a few months ago I was wearing one of my MCR shirts. A kid has the nerve to walk up to me and say "My chemical romance is for girls, what are you, a fag?" and i replied with "You're half right." (I told people i'm bi but im actually gay) and he said "Ew dude that's gross", "Whatever you wana think, but MCR is for anybody who likes their music. There are plenty of guys, straight, who like 'em just like I do." he said "Their fanbase is all girls who like to think they're bisexual vampires." so I said "First off, am I a lebian vampire? No. So shut up. Second, instead of telling me what kind of music I should like to fit your standards, why don't you take a shower." said...me. Then he just says "Oh whatever, MCR is still wicked gay." And my last words were "Actually, they're kind of depressive..."

But still. That was all MCR Fan stereotypes. Little teenage emo/goth girls. There ARE straight guys out there that like this band. They don't sing about love and bunnies and happy magical rainbow worlds with ponds of lime jello and gumdrop castles. No. Thats not MCR. My Chemical Romance is a BAND who makes MUSIC for EVERYONE. UGHH.

STEREOTYPES BLOW AND SUCK AT THE SAME TIME!!!!

Clap Clap Punk Hail Hail Hail Hail

i think that says it all...
Burning Friend
Banned
Burning Friend
June 3rd, 2007 at 02:18am
Before Revenge came out, my best friend, his sister and I saw My Chem play in Virginia. The crowd at that show had to have been 85% guys. Go to a show now, and only half the crowd or so, sometimes less, is male. There hasn't been that drastic of a change in the band. Of course their music has improved and changed, but all band's music does. So what's the deal? My geuss is some teenie magazines thought it'd be a bright idea to scratch up a photo and fake article about a 'new band' they saw on MTV that morning. Without doing enough research to figure out there are not a new band, but actually an experienced band with a decent amount of true fans that just made their first 'big' record, they get a handful of girls to like the band without even hearing their music, but because one of the members is somewhat good-looking. Thus, a stereotype is born. Some (many rude and stupid) kids think that because their dumb old sister who saw the band photo and just started liking them thinks they are cool (or in reality, 'cute'), that the band is for teenies. The real fans are the girls and boys who didn't judge the book by it's cover, and stayed true to themselves by loving the band for the reason the band should be loved: the music. Stereotypes are wrong, and a lot of the time they are 100% lies.
hairlikeray
Joining The Black Parade
hairlikeray
June 3rd, 2007 at 08:41pm
you shouldve got up and knocked him out, i know i would
Quinnmobile.
Jazz Hands
Quinnmobile.
June 3rd, 2007 at 08:45pm
st.switchblade:
Before Revenge came out, my best friend, his sister and I saw My Chem play in Virginia. The crowd at that show had to have been 85% guys. Go to a show now, and only half the crowd or so, sometimes less, is male. There hasn't been that drastic of a change in the band. Of course their music has improved and changed, but all band's music does. So what's the deal? My geuss is some teenie magazines thought it'd be a bright idea to scratch up a photo and fake article about a 'new band' they saw on MTV that morning. Without doing enough research to figure out there are not a new band, but actually an experienced band with a decent amount of true fans that just made their first 'big' record, they get a handful of girls to like the band without even hearing their music, but because one of the members is somewhat good-looking. Thus, a stereotype is born. Some (many rude and stupid) kids think that because their dumb old sister who saw the band photo and just started liking them thinks they are cool (or in reality, 'cute'), that the band is for teenies. The real fans are the girls and boys who didn't judge the book by it's cover, and stayed true to themselves by loving the band for the reason the band should be loved: the music. Stereotypes are wrong, and a lot of the time they are 100% lies.

wow.
You made a great point there.
I agree tottaly with everything you said.
The media does blow things out of preportion.
They make people look how they want them to look or sound.
It's terrible how some people just like them because they are good-looking.
I think those people need to stop being so superficial and get to know them by listening to their music.
Shit....fuck teenies.
asshole.
Jazz Hands
asshole.
June 3rd, 2007 at 09:35pm
nine volt heart.:
MCR are quite visually appealing. Girls are stupid and will latch onto pretty much anything if it's even slightly good looking. So they attract many, many more girl fans than guy fans. It's like 100 girl fans to every 1 guy fan or something. So from an outsiders point of view, it looks like te fanbase is made up of only girls.

That's why I never admit I'm an MCR fan to a guy. How embarassing.

hun, if you cant admit that you are a fan, maybe you shouldn't be one in the first place.
sure, there are tons of teenies and young female fans, and that is because my chem are now a part of the TRL world.
but the fanbase doesn't make the band.
the music is driven by the same things it was originally driven by.
If you cant accept that and are still embarassed to tell people you are a fan, you are in fact more superficial than those teenie girls themselves.

elitism isn't very becoming of a music fan.
deathwish
Fabulous Killjoy
deathwish
June 3rd, 2007 at 09:40pm
nine volt heart.:
MCR are quite visually appealing. Girls are stupid and will latch onto pretty much anything if it's even slightly good looking. So they attract many, many more girl fans than guy fans. It's like 100 girl fans to every 1 guy fan or something. So from an outsiders point of view, it looks like te fanbase is made up of only girls.

That's why I never admit I'm an MCR fan to a guy. How embarassing.

wow. you have no right to bash on teenies because you are infact just as bad, if not worse.
What kind or "fan" is embarassed to say they are a fan of a certain band. thats just pathetic.
ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Really Not Okay
ACCOUNT INACTIVE
June 4th, 2007 at 02:56am
^^ Agreed. and i totally agree with the point Freddie Mercury! is making Smile
sick of sin.
Salute You in Your Grave
sick of sin.
June 4th, 2007 at 03:45am
i agree wiv u too!!
Butters
Salute You in Your Grave
Butters
June 4th, 2007 at 04:38am
THATS HORRIBLE! i reckon you should have punched that dude right in his STEROTYPICAL face. don't like that one bit.....
skystiles.
Banned
skystiles.
June 4th, 2007 at 09:56am
Female fans are the most vocal. I see lots of male fans on absolutepunk...
PAPERHEART
Killjoy
PAPERHEART
June 4th, 2007 at 11:51am
I agree for fuck sake mcr are NOT for girls although more girls than boys like them but if your a boy and listen to mcr your 'Gay' .
Its ANNOYIONG!
stitches
Fabulous Killjoy
stitches
June 4th, 2007 at 11:56am
yeah i guess it's pretty stereotypical. being an mcr fan myself i've often committed such stereotypical judgement i just automatically assume that mcr would appeal more to girls than boys. that may be why mcr isn't really taken that seriously at times. but it's awesome that guys like mcr! just that for every guy that likes mcr there's probably ten girls who do.
glitter geek.
Shotgun Sinner
glitter geek.
June 4th, 2007 at 12:18pm
I try to stay away from that kind of stuff.

Stereotyping, racism, homophobia.... etc.

It's like saying that white guys can't rap. (I'm actually an Eminem fan...)

It's just not true.

The same goes for music, to be honest, I don't find MCR that attractive anymore.
vee4gee
Motor Baby
vee4gee
June 4th, 2007 at 12:52pm
When I saw MCR live there were TONZ of girls and TONZ of boys...Its not a one sex band...That sounded funny but you understand what I mean
skystiles.
Banned
skystiles.
June 4th, 2007 at 04:08pm
do what Gerard says, the next time those tools give you shit.