Don't have an account? Create one!

Wait... why is MCR for girls?

AuthorMessage
To The End;
Salute You in Your Grave
To The End;
February 27th, 2008 at 05:29pm
yeah, basically all my friends that are guys like mcr and they're not gay.
NachaCyanide
Thinking Happy Thoughts
NachaCyanide
February 27th, 2008 at 09:15pm
Here in chile I Saw a lot of boys in the show :B, but in general, we are a LOT of girls, 4524582 more than boys XD
MyChemislife994
Killjoy
MyChemislife994
February 27th, 2008 at 09:25pm
My Chemical Crooner:
Ok, so in Spanish class a few months ago I was wearing one of my MCR shirts. A kid has the nerve to walk up to me and say "My chemical romance is for girls, what are you, a fag?" and i replied with "You're half right." (I told people i'm bi but im actually gay) and he said "Ew dude that's gross", "Whatever you wana think, but MCR is for anybody who likes their music. There are plenty of guys, straight, who like 'em just like I do." he said "Their fanbase is all girls who like to think they're bisexual vampires." so I said "First off, am I a lebian vampire? No. So shut up. Second, instead of telling me what kind of music I should like to fit your standards, why don't you take a shower." said...me. Then he just says "Oh whatever, MCR is still wicked gay." And my last words were "Actually, they're kind of depressive..."

But still. That was all MCR Fan stereotypes. Little teenage emo/goth girls. There ARE straight guys out there that like this band. They don't sing about love and bunnies and happy magical rainbow worlds with ponds of lime jello and gumdrop castles. No. Thats not MCR. My Chemical Romance is a BAND who makes MUSIC for EVERYONE. UGHH.

STEREOTYPES BLOW AND SUCK AT THE SAME TIME!!!!

=0 you are my best friend!!!

and your right, MCR is for anyone. even a (straight) gangsta dude at my school likes them!

and dont let anyone hurt your feelings or get you upset/mad about what they think about you. fuck them!
Brenny Boo
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Brenny Boo
February 28th, 2008 at 08:37am
Thats just wrong!Guys can also like mcr.I only know a few but they're most likely posers.But I know that there are guy fans out there!Gay or straight
Toki
Really Not Okay
Toki
February 28th, 2008 at 03:56pm
In my experience, in real life I've known much more guys who like MCR than girls.
Nearly all of my guy friends like MCR, whereas only a few of the girls do.

I think that there's a misconception that guys don't like MCR, because guys just can't be bothered to get on the internet and spend all their time posting on forums. That's why the MCRmy seems to be made up of only girls. Guys aren't too bothered in getting all the info about the band, they care mostly about the music and maybe a few other random facts about the band, but not many will actually devote their time into messageboards.

And when I go out, I always see loads of guys wearing MCR shirts.
looserkid._.p
Joining The Black Parade
looserkid._.p
March 1st, 2008 at 07:24am
just wanna share this..
my buddy borrowed my iPod then saw that i had all mcr songs then said to me that mcrs for girls..
after bout 2 weeks he cant last a day without hearing drowning lessons..
savannah's gone.
Bleeding on the Floor
savannah's gone.
March 1st, 2008 at 07:36am
^^
wow.
now that i tthink, it was a guy that introduced me to MCR in the first place
mastermind.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
mastermind.
March 1st, 2008 at 03:45pm
im a guy.
i have a rad girlfriend.
and i love MCR.

sterotypes are stupid. end of discussion.
by the way, this would also make a great tee shirt for frank to make.
patrick wolf
Salute You in Your Grave
patrick wolf
March 9th, 2008 at 08:59am
in real life i don't know that many girls that really like them that much
i think its coz girls get more "fangirly" and i don't really count that as being a "fan"
Switchblade Saint
Salute You in Your Grave
Switchblade Saint
March 9th, 2008 at 09:14am
Ja'mie King:
in real life i don't know that many girls that really like them that much
i think its coz girls get more "fangirly" and i don't really count that as being a "fan"

'fangirly' is an interesting statement. im guessing u mean being romantically or sexually intersted in the band member/s, which i dun think is wrong. as long as u actually do listen to and appreciate their music too, without which u dun qualify (imho anyway) as a 'real fan'. i mean there r plenty of singers whomm i think are friggin hot, but i dont count myself as their fan as i dont listen to em.

so 'fangirl' is not a dirty word, and is not QUiTe equal to teeny, altho it runs a close risk Razz
StarGirl.
Jazz Hands
StarGirl.
March 9th, 2008 at 11:50am
I know way more guys who like My Chemical Romance!! Sterotyping is so bad, I swear I get called a emo everyday. I couldn' care less whether I'm a goth or an emo, I'm ME fuckers!!
sinking feeling
Thinking Happy Thoughts
sinking feeling
March 9th, 2008 at 11:57am
actually i go to one of the preppiest school in the world, and every guy is a jock and is too school for school, so i dont know ANY guys (straight or gay) who like MCR....but i hate sterotyping (even though i just kinda did by calling everyone at my school a jock) i get called emo and cutter all the time but i really could care less what ppl think of me.
Patrick Martin Stump
Motor Baby
Patrick Martin Stump
May 16th, 2008 at 07:20am
My *STRAIGHT* boyfriend loves My Chem.
My *STRAIGHT* best male friend loves My Chem.

I fucking hate stereotypes.
malibu.
In the Cannibal Glow
malibu.
May 16th, 2008 at 07:32am
Most of their fanbase is made of girls, but still. That's a bloody rude thing to say. "/
JadeTiger712
Motor Baby
JadeTiger712
May 16th, 2008 at 12:22pm
My little brother like MCR and my friend's cousin like them to
Gerard Way Jr
Killjoy
Gerard Way Jr
May 16th, 2008 at 12:31pm
Crap, does that make me a lesbian vampire...?
J/k, but seriously, this is getting obnoxious. Perhaps this person confuses MCR for The Jonas Brothers. Just listening to MCR, I can't imagine that they're only for guys, girls, or teenagers, or whomever. They're for everybody--this is just another one of those ignorant and annoying teens who don't have anything better to do.
Jenny.
Jenny.
May 16th, 2008 at 12:40pm
MCR aren;t just for males Smile
I have a lot of male friends who like/love the guys XD
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
May 16th, 2008 at 01:25pm
All I got to say is that when I look inside myself I know I am 100% straight and that I will forever love MCR.

Its not hard for me to say that I'm the biggest male MCR fan in my school. There are two other guys who like them, and they both happen to be gay, but they're not obsessed. I really don't give a fuck. Nor do I about how others think of me. I live my life the way I want to and am quite happy. And because of this, even thought I fit into alot of gay steryotypes (take tons of Art Classes, am in Theatre, like MCR ect) people pretty much accept me for who I am, and know I like chicks.
inactive account
Demolition Lover
inactive account
May 17th, 2008 at 10:15am
ya know what you should have done to that asshole!?
picked him up and throw him out of a window Wink
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
May 17th, 2008 at 02:52pm
Hey but did you guys ever notice how many girls there are here. I wouldn't be surprised if its 10 to 1 girls vs guys........much less straight guys. Not that theres anything wrong with that!