Don't have an account? Create one!

Wait... why is MCR for girls?

AuthorMessage
asshole.
Jazz Hands
asshole.
May 22nd, 2007 at 11:07pm
i think people get the impression that only girls like MCR because it is the girls that typically go on message boards like this and are absolutely in love with my chem.
most guys i know are more chill about bands they like.
but they all still go to the shows, because i always see a lot of guys at the my chem shows that i've been to.
UnchArtEd schrEI
Jazz Hands
UnchArtEd schrEI
May 22nd, 2007 at 11:13pm
no i Don't think so here in philipines there are lots of boy MCR fan,,,,,,, including me
fun ghoul
In a Bullet's Embrace
fun ghoul
May 25th, 2007 at 01:53am
MCR is not just for girls.
All of us..boys and girls...can be fans if we wanna be
malibu.
In the Cannibal Glow
malibu.
May 26th, 2007 at 04:13am
Guys can like MCR if they want.
Theres nothing wrong with that.
That guy is waaay weird.
river phoenix.
Salute You in Your Grave
river phoenix.
May 27th, 2007 at 09:11am
Nine Volt Heart:
MCR are quite visually appealing. Girls are stupid and will latch onto pretty much anything if it's even slightly good looking. So they attract many, many more girl fans than guy fans. It's like 100 girl fans to every 1 guy fan or something. So from an outsiders point of view, it looks like te fanbase is made up of only girls.

Girls are stupid? Forgive me if im reading this wrong, but that is a complete stereotype.
Freaxx
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Freaxx
May 27th, 2007 at 09:36am
MCR is for everybody!!!!!! One time I was talking to my friend about this guy that I liked and saying that he liked a lot of good bands like MCR, Fall Out Boy ect. then she said "aren't those bands for like....girls" then I went on forever saying that anyone can listen to that music and it's not just for girls.
Glitterlust
Salute You in Your Grave
Glitterlust
May 27th, 2007 at 09:47am
I don't see why guys shouldn't listen to the music just because its stereotyped as just being for girls. Music is for everyone, so i agree that the stereotyping needs to stop.
the.reaper.wore.pink
Motor Baby
the.reaper.wore.pink
May 28th, 2007 at 06:06am
Solitary-Smile:
Nine Volt Heart:
MCR are quite visually appealing. Girls are stupid and will latch onto pretty much anything if it's even slightly good looking. So they attract many, many more girl fans than guy fans. It's like 100 girl fans to every 1 guy fan or something. So from an outsiders point of view, it looks like te fanbase is made up of only girls.

Girls are stupid? Forgive me if im reading this wrong, but that is a complete stereotype.

Wow. That's sexist. It just so happened that females are more vocal about their being a fan. Besides, in my country, MCR is a guy thing. My friend even asked me why my Ipod is full of MCR songs and I asked him, why what;s wrong? He told me MCR is for guys. I just replied, "Well, my past haunts me sometimes."
I tell people that i used to be a guy...lol. nobody buys it though.

P.S. I'm straight and born a girl ok
Brain damage
Salute You in Your Grave
Brain damage
May 28th, 2007 at 11:35am
i think that they have just as many guys fans as girls but girls usualy sign up for things like this (INO) but not guys:p
water cooler romance
Jazz Hands
water cooler romance
May 28th, 2007 at 12:06pm
Actually there has always been this problem. If there's a band of guys and some guy listens to their music he's always gay. At least some morons think like that. It's wrong but you can't help it very much. Just tell that you can listen to whatever you want.
fxmous-lxst-words
Joining The Black Parade
fxmous-lxst-words
May 28th, 2007 at 12:20pm
EVERYONE CAN LIKE MCR!!! i mean how can u blame them they're basically the greatest band to walk the earth...Very Happy
xXDitaVonSantiXx
Joining The Black Parade
xXDitaVonSantiXx
June 2nd, 2007 at 07:11pm
that's bullshit if some one says MCR is for girls and fags cause My Chemical Romance is for everyone. From Dudes, to Chics, to even blood thirsty Vampires so who ever says that My Chem is only 4 chics and fags I'll go and spit in thier faces and say DAMN YOU!!
vichy
Jazz Hands
vichy
June 2nd, 2007 at 07:46pm
lotsss of boys i know love my chemical romance! and they are most defiantley NOT gay...i know this from experience! Wink
styles.
Awake and Unafraid
styles.
June 2nd, 2007 at 08:03pm
Oh my god !
I hate sterotypical people...it really bugs.

Damn im angry now Mad
Simbaaaaa.
Joining The Black Parade
Simbaaaaa.
June 2nd, 2007 at 08:07pm
thats really stupid. anyone can like MCR no matter what their orientation is.
Very stupid.
Albus Severus
Joining The Black Parade
Albus Severus
June 2nd, 2007 at 08:27pm
MCR is for girls cuz Gerard is our generation's Donny Osmond (physically, of course). Or so my mom told me.
ReadyFreddie.
Bulletproof Heart
ReadyFreddie.
June 2nd, 2007 at 08:37pm
Freddie Mercury!:
Ok, so in Spanish class a few months ago I was wearing one of my MCR shirts. A kid has the nerve to walk up to me and say "My chemical romance is for girls, what are you, a fag?" and i replied with "You're half right." (I told people i'm bi but im actually gay) and he said "Ew dude that's gross", "Whatever you wana think, but MCR is for anybody who likes their music. There are plenty of guys, straight, who like 'em just like I do." he said "Their fanbase is all girls who like to think they're bisexual vampires." so I said "First off, am I a lebian vampire? No. So shut up. Second, instead of telling me what kind of music I should like to fit your standards, why don't you take a shower." said...me. Then he just says "Oh whatever, MCR is still wicked gay." And my last words were "Actually, they're kind of depressive..."

But still. That was all MCR Fan stereotypes. Little teenage emo/goth girls. There ARE straight guys out there that like this band. They don't sing about love and bunnies and happy magical rainbow worlds with ponds of lime jello and gumdrop castles. No. Thats not MCR. My Chemical Romance is a BAND who makes MUSIC for EVERYONE. UGHH.

STEREOTYPES BLOW AND SUCK AT THE SAME TIME!!!!

I AGREE! I am a straight male, and I think MCR is the best band in the world! Thankfully, there are some other straight guys in my school that have MCR merch!

MCR IS NOT JUSTFOR GIRLS- MCR IS FOR EVERYONE! STRAIGHT, BI, OR GAY, RICH OR POOR, ANY RACE OR CREED IN THE WORLD- MCR is there!

STEREOTYPES BLOW AND SUCK AT THE SAME TIME!!!!
xXDitaVonSantiXx
Joining The Black Parade
xXDitaVonSantiXx
June 2nd, 2007 at 08:51pm
Dude, that was beautiful!!! I Fucking agree.....4fucks sake MCR is the best and if you sterotype then you seriously are a dumbass....besides MCR is FOR EVERYONE!!!!!!
sea king
Always Born a Crime
sea king
June 2nd, 2007 at 09:11pm
I think some guys are afraid to like an all-guy band, because they think people will call them gay. That is the case a lot of the time, too. In my opinion, guys should be like how lots of girls are with music; not judging bands by who's in them.
the_Saminator
Thinking Happy Thoughts
the_Saminator
June 2nd, 2007 at 09:27pm
My-Radical-Toe-Dance:
Silverfox0990:
I have 3 outrages guys in my class who listens and is obssessed about MCR,I don't think there's something wrong with guys liking My Chem...

some guys just don't like it because they don't want other people to think that they're gay...they listen to rap instead...

haha i think guys who listen to rap are gay LOL and I mean the whole bland rap that you can't understand a word they say except the every second word being fuck

Dude, that is so true *high fives*