Don't have an account? Create one!

Wait... why is MCR for girls?

AuthorMessage
Amanda Young
Bleeding on the Floor
Amanda Young
May 15th, 2007 at 06:55am
I don't think they are just for girls, but alot of people on this site tend to be female, Why??? Very Happy
we're pretty. odd.
Always Born a Crime
we're pretty. odd.
May 15th, 2007 at 07:08am
My Chemical Romance is a "pussy gay guys band".
My friend, Jackson, he copped a tun of shit for liking them.
He just generally thought they were sweet.
Until he started to pretend he hated them.
Pretty hard when you have a pic of them glued to your maths text book. xD
sparrowxstarfall
Fabulous Killjoy
sparrowxstarfall
May 15th, 2007 at 07:35am
i have quite a few guy fiends who like mcr, so yeah, you go dude!
Metallic Princess
Bleeding on the Floor
Metallic Princess
May 15th, 2007 at 10:34am
i know many guys who love mcr and it's sooo normal. why people think so? it's so stupid!
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
May 15th, 2007 at 11:03am
Freddie Mercury!:
A kid has the nerve to walk up to me and say "My Chemical Romance is for girls, what are you, a fag?" and i replied with "You're half right."

There ARE straight guys out there that like this band. They don't sing about love and bunnies and happy magical rainbow worlds with ponds of lime jello and gumdrop castles. No. Thats not MCR. My Chemical Romance is a BAND who makes MUSIC for EVERYONE. UGHH.

First of all, Freddie, you are very brave for telling that kid you are bi (even if you're not.) That couldn't have been easy, and I am proud of you Smile

Second of all, of COURSE there are straight guys who like MCR. My son is straight - he turned me onto the band. He will even wear a tee shirt or hoodie to school with their logo on it. I've asked him: he says the kids in his school don't really hassle anyone about MCR, like I've been hearing from you guys that they do. I'm glad to hear that from him, but very sorry for you all Sad

And lastly: your comment about rainbows and gumdrops made me LOL
BethanyBRUTAL
Thinking Happy Thoughts
BethanyBRUTAL
May 15th, 2007 at 11:40am
Kick IT for me!
Its Not Just For Girls - I know tons of lads who like mcr!
xXtRaGIc_AffAiRXx
Jazz Hands
xXtRaGIc_AffAiRXx
May 15th, 2007 at 11:43am
Charlene:
I don't think they are just for girls, but alot of people on this site tend to be female, Why??? Very Happy

yeah the boards really are overly female, ive wondered why toooo lol
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
May 15th, 2007 at 12:02pm
Because boys have cooties.

The end.
Dejan_Revenge!
Fabulous Killjoy
Dejan_Revenge!
May 15th, 2007 at 12:11pm
I aint depressed and i aint gay, but i just love My Chemical Romance. And if someone wants to call me gay / emo fag they just go ahead i cant care less Smile
XJulietLovestheBeatX
Thinking Happy Thoughts
XJulietLovestheBeatX
May 15th, 2007 at 12:32pm
My friend, Noah, is really into hardcore straight edge stuff and when I told him I was into MCR he made fun of me but then I burned a CD for him with MCR songs on it and he was like "Who was that on track 4?" and when I told him it was MCR he was all "wow, I never knew they were so good" and now hes a HUGE MCR fan. I think that people say they dont like them when they haven't even heard any songs except for the singles. Its like saying you don't like broccoli when you haven't even tried it.
tennant.
Full of Ephedrine
tennant.
May 15th, 2007 at 01:40pm
They are my mates boyfriends fav band! And he's straight!
addictedto_mychem
Joining The Black Parade
addictedto_mychem
May 15th, 2007 at 05:14pm
damned after all.:
Because boys have cooties.

The end.

LOL that's fucking awesome.

Anyway, why the hell do people think that only one type of people can like a band? Or only girls can like MCR? That's rediculous. And no one's gonna tell me who I can like or not like to listen to.

Kudos to you Freddie for sticking up for yourself and MCR.
mcr_4ever
Joining The Black Parade
mcr_4ever
May 15th, 2007 at 05:26pm
THAT GUY IS SOOOOOOO DUMB CUZ FIRST OF ALL I KNOW PLENTY OF STRIGHT GUYS THAT LOVE MCR AND ALOT OF FANS THAT ARE GIRLS ARE NOT ALWAYS EMO/GOTH I'M CONSIDERED A PREP...............AND I HAPPEN TO BE A GIRL
mirarle
Thinking Happy Thoughts
mirarle
May 15th, 2007 at 05:29pm
Freddie Mercury!:
Then he just says "Oh whatever, MCR is still wicked gay." And my last words were "Actually, they're kind of depressive..."

Haha, you're awesome.

Anyways, I know guy MCR fans, I've seen quite a lot of them on absolutepunk (I lurk there). I know about the stereotype because the journalist and mags are always mentioning MCR fans as 'black swarms of screaming teenage girls', totally ignoring the guys and non black wearing peopel there (that's slowly changing though, thankfully). It doesn't help, and I think it even makes some guy (and girls) embarrassed for liking them because other people who read these mags will judge based on that, which is stupid imo.

But, glad to hear you're an outspoken fan. Smile There should be more fans like you.
death_comes_ripping
Motor Baby
death_comes_ripping
May 15th, 2007 at 06:54pm
i have male friends who love MCR
SATANS LIL HELPER!
Killjoy
SATANS LIL HELPER!
May 16th, 2007 at 01:21am
ive got brother who likes MCR and a kind of guy friend who likes them i don't know why people keep on saying only girls like them its just dumb
SINATRA
Bleeding on the Floor
SINATRA
May 16th, 2007 at 03:07am
FANGIRLS. Obviously. I feel a bit silly saying it, but hey, even though I'm 20, I get a bit fangirl now and again. I mean, for me, it's always been about the music, but their good looks can't be denied.
Bayonetta.
Bleeding on the Floor
Bayonetta.
May 16th, 2007 at 03:48am
Yeah, the sad thing is that all the endless fangirls squeeing and swooning at anything MCR related has set up the stereotype. If i were i guy, i'd probably be kinda reluctant to get into a band if i saw girls squealing about some guy named 'Gerald Wayne' and ranting on about how hot he is.

I think it's a real shame that guys are being persocuted and made to feel ashamed by liking MCR. It makes no sense whatsoever.
But good on ya for sticking up for yourself. I think, maybe, if more guys who like MCR would do the same instead of getting embarrassed some guy might actually think 'Hey, maybe it's okay to like this band and it's not just for girls.' and more and more guys would listen to them. I know i must sound incredibly naive right now but, hey, it could happen.
Gerard Arthur Way.
Demolition Lover
Gerard Arthur Way.
May 16th, 2007 at 04:02am
MCR is not just for girls. My brother likes them, my brothers friend also like them.. they even went with me to the concert.

there's NOT just girls who like MCR.
Blue_Demon
Motor Baby
Blue_Demon
May 16th, 2007 at 04:14am
Venom Dried Bones.:
FANGIRLS. Obviously. I feel a bit silly saying it, but hey, even though I'm 20, I get a bit fangirl now and again. I mean, for me, it's always been about the music, but their good looks can't be denied.

Nothing wrong with being a fangirl, everyone here has to admit that the guy's are goodlooking, and they probably do have there gay fan's too.
But the band create music for whoever wants to hear it, not because they are gay... Though considering that one is married, one is engaged and the other three have girlfriends I think it might be hard to queeze in a boyfriend in there too.