Don't have an account? Create one!

Embarrassing Concert Moments.

AuthorMessage
Glitterlust
Salute You in Your Grave
Glitterlust
January 21st, 2008 at 07:00pm
at the 02 show, we were standing at the barrier and before the band came on there was all these tech guys running round seting things up. one of them looked EXACTLY like bob, and cos he had hurt his wrists he wasn't playing that night. But there had been rumours going round the queue that he was doing sound for them.
thinking it was bob i kinda fangirled XD
i didn't start jumping up and down or anything but i kept saying really loudly to my sister and friends 'oh my god it's bob!!!!!!!'
it wasn't bob.
i just embarrassed myself in front of a lot of people near me x]
and if you were the guy standing next to me to the left of the stage (i was wearing a david and goliath 'cookie monster' t-shirt) sorry i was screaming in your ear the whole concert x]
Easy Mac
In The Murder Scene
Easy Mac
January 22nd, 2008 at 05:49pm
^ ha

I have posted here before, but I just remembered some more lol

Me Katie and Kayla were like on the side of the stage-not on it but on the floor beside it(does that make sense?) anyway Gym Class Heroes were just getting done and were about to come off stage so we were back there waiting. we thought they would come out and like every time a person would walk out i started screaming thinking it was one of them, but it never was lol and people stared at me

and then later Kayla yelled "OMG it's Pete Wentz!" and everyone started like screaming and stared at us. he wasnt there she only did it becuase her and Katie like him the best

sorry for this long post
randomer
Jazz Hands
randomer
January 24th, 2008 at 10:21pm
^^lol some of the stories on this thread are brill!

EDIT: just read over it and realised how long it is....the summary is in bold and underlined lol.

I dont know if my story counts but a band called We Are Scientists came to my university last month...it was advertised as an acoustic session by the uni but it was more like a stand up comedy act and they didn't play even 1 song :S....anyway i dont know if the story counts but it was deffinately embarrasing lol

*Warning this story is long so feel free to ignore lol*
Everything else is just so you can understand what im on about better, and what the situation is like...put i rabble on alot.

To put you in the picture, a band i like called We Are Scientists (WAS) came to my University's Union (Strathclyde uni in scotland) and i heard about them coming to do an "acoustic session/gig" only afew days before they came. The tickets were free, so when i tried to get some there were none left but the guy was really nice and said if i want to go to the show, i should just find him earlier on the day of the show and he would make sure i got in.

The show WAS were doing was on a thursday at 12pm in the afternoon, so i try to convince just atleast 1 person to come but they either said that they didnt like the band or it will cut it fine for work or they didnt want to miss the maths lecture that afternoon lol. So it meant that i was going to have to go alone but i didn't care, i also had to miss a test i was supposed to have but i didnt care about that either.

Anyway, i forgot to ask the guy who was going to get me into the show how early i needed to get to the show before so i could get in so i decided t obe really safe and see him at 9:30am. When i got to his office he said he managed to get acouple of tickets for me...so i had pleanty of time to spare alone and hadnt had anything to eat that day yet...i decide wonder around the union for awhile then find the pack lunch area so i could have an early lunch before the show. Im not allowed to eat my own luch in the union's cafe thing and they have a sign saying go to level 5 with pack lunch....There is no level 5 ...it goes from level 4 to level 6 . Sorry for dragging this out but basically i couldnt find it so decide to wait outside the room WAS were performing (on level 8 ) as i had no where to go. Ate my lunch, then was just messing about on my phone then 2 of the band members walked out the lift and past me...i was in shock, (i dont know why as it is the 8th floor so they have to use a lift aswell and i was standing outside super early). I ask to have a photograph with them but i just got a blank/puzzled look, they found it hard to understand my accent but i did get a picture with them [url]http://file042b.bebo.com/8/large/2007/12/06/20/4069169972a6303620967l.jp g[/url] Keith (lead singer) also agrees to sign my album and is nice but seems uncomfortable/scared of me lol.

Waited outside the room till 11:30 when they let us into the room. I go and get a seat at the right at the front, and im the ONLY ONE sitting on my row. It made me look even more sad and stalker like (i could see it in Keiths eyes lol).

When i was sitting there before the band came onstage i started chatting to the people behind me (which was a good thing as the show didnt even start till much later) and i said to them "is that Max the new WAS drummer 6 rows back from you?" and they didnt know. The guy looked like he was in a pissed off mood so i decided not to go up and find out. I then started talking about how i met Frank from MCR acouple of weeks before and he signed the back of my engraving...and that i made 1 up of Keith but changed my mind to not to show him (because i didnt want to look like a stalker and i didnt like the engraving i done)....They asked to see the one i done of Keith, but i could see Max staring at my picture and i was then deffinate that the guy was Max.

I dicide to go upto Max "the new drummer". The girl that ive been chatting to said she would take a picture for me if it was Max.
[url]http://file042b.bebo.com/8/large/2007/12/06/20/4069169972a6303621131l.jp g[/url] It was Max and he was reallly nice once i started speaking to him but then i said to him "so are you now officially We Are Scientists new drummer?" Max said "pretty much, yeah." I find out acouple of days later he is NOT the new drummer but the new guitarist lol i got the 2 new members mixed up lol.

Max says to me about seeing the picture i done of Keith so i go an get my engraving so he can see it properly and he says "Do you want to meet Keith and you can give it to him? There would be a great pace on the tour bus for it" but i said no as i didnt want Keith to see it (as i didnt like it and i didnt want to scare Keith more lol). Once i stop chatting i went back to my seat then i could see other people in my section of the audience going up to him to speak to him and shake his hand because of me. I was the only one who noticed he was part of the band.

The show starts (but no songs are played, it was like a fake lecture and is just jokes al the way through and get volenteers up onstage throughout it). It comes to the last part of the show and Chris the other member of WAS says he can mind read the volenteer is Max to get his "Mind Read" so everyone at my side of the audience starts laughing because i have ruined the joke as i blew Max's cover by speaking to him...The Keith and Chris were backstage when i spoke to Max so looked very confused why everone was laughing lol.

Max sits back in the audience once the thing is finished with him. Once the show was finished i left the room and was standing by the lift to leave and Max rushes towards me and asks me to follow him. He then says Keith wants to see my picture and that i was to wait afew minutes.

At this point i was like "oh, no, this is going to be so alkward" lol, Keith comes out but it isnt just Keith who comes out but this huge white shoulder camera thing on another guy's shoulder and im getting filmed....i couldnt even speak, this part is a blank...i have no idea what i said and im dreading that its going to be part of a DVD or a tour diary on youtube or something.

So the summary of my really dragged out embarrassing gig moment was:
Keith (lead singer) now thinks im a stalker, i said to the new GUITARIST/keyboardist "Are you officially the new DRUMMER" lmao...and i am probably going to be on We Are Scientists youtube page in a video me making a fool of myself.

Oh also i think Keith thought i must of had something rong with me because me leg kept shaking and going to jelly when i was speaking to him before the show because i was so nervous lol.
hairlikeray
Joining The Black Parade
hairlikeray
January 25th, 2008 at 12:09am
khelda:

EDIT: just read over it and realised how long it is....the summary is in bold and underlined lol.

I dont know if my story counts but a band called We Are Scientists came to my university last month...it was advertised as an acoustic session by the uni but it was more like a stand up comedy act and they didn't play even 1 song :S....anyway i dont know if the story counts but it was deffinately embarrasing lol

Everything else is just so you can understand what im on about better, and what the situation is like...put i rabble on alot.

To put you in the picture, a band i like called We Are Scientists (WAS) came to my University's Union (Strathclyde uni in scotland) and i heard about them coming to do an "acoustic session/gig" only afew days before they came. The tickets were free, so when i tried to get some there were none left but the guy was really nice and said if i want to go to the show, i should just find him earlier on the day of the show and he would make sure i got in.

The show WAS were doing was on a thursday at 12pm in the afternoon, so i try to convince just atleast 1 person to come but they either said that they didnt like the band or it will cut it fine for work or they didnt want to miss the maths lecture that afternoon lol. So it meant that i was going to have to go alone but i didn't care, i also had to miss a test i was supposed to have but i didnt care about that either.

Anyway, i forgot to ask the guy who was going to get me into the show how early i needed to get to the show before so i could get in so i decided t obe really safe and see him at 9:30am. When i got to his office he said he managed to get acouple of tickets for me...so i had pleanty of time to spare alone and hadnt had anything to eat that day yet...i decide wonder around the union for awhile then find the pack lunch area so i could have an early lunch before the show. Im not allowed to eat my own luch in the union's cafe thing and they have a sign saying go to level 5 with pack lunch....There is no level 5 ...it goes from level 4 to level 6 . Sorry for dragging this out but basically i couldnt find it so decide to wait outside the room WAS were performing (on level 8 ) as i had no where to go. Ate my lunch, then was just messing about on my phone then 2 of the band members walked out the lift and past me...i was in shock, (i dont know why as it is the 8th floor so they have to use a lift aswell and i was standing outside super early). I ask to have a photograph with them but i just got a blank/puzzled look, they found it hard to understand my accent but i did get a picture with them [url]http://file042b.bebo.com/8/large/2007/12/06/20/4069169972a6303620967l.jp g[/url] Keith (lead singer) also agrees to sign my album and is nice but seems uncomfortable/scared of me lol.

Waited outside the room till 11:30 when they let us into the room. I go and get a seat at the right at the front, and im the ONLY ONE sitting on my row. It made me look even more sad and stalker like (i could see it in Keiths eyes lol).

When i was sitting there before the band came onstage i started chatting to the people behind me (which was a good thing as the show didnt even start till much later) and i said to them "is that Max the new WAS drummer 6 rows back from you?" and they didnt know. The guy looked like he was in a pissed off mood so i decided not to go up and find out. I then started talking about how i met Frank from MCR acouple of weeks before and he signed the back of my engraving...and that i made 1 up of Keith but changed my mind to not to show him (because i didnt want to look like a stalker and i didnt like the engraving i done)....They asked to see the one i done of Keith, but i could see Max staring at my picture and i was then deffinate that the guy was Max.

I dicide to go upto Max "the new drummer". The girl that ive been chatting to said she would take a picture for me if it was Max.
[url]http://file042b.bebo.com/8/large/2007/12/06/20/4069169972a6303621131l.jp g[/url] It was Max and he was reallly nice once i started speaking to him but then i said to him "so are you now officially We Are Scientists new drummer?" Max said "pretty much, yeah." I find out acouple of days later he is NOT the new drummer but the new guitarist lol i got the 2 new members mixed up lol.

Max says to me about seeing the picture i done of Keith so i go an get my engraving so he can see it properly and he says "Do you want to meet Keith and you can give it to him? There would be a great pace on the tour bus for it" but i said no as i didnt want Keith to see it (as i didnt like it and i didnt want to scare Keith more lol). Once i stop chatting i went back to my seat then i could see other people in my section of the audience going up to him to speak to him and shake his hand because of me. I was the only one who noticed he was part of the band.

The show starts (but no songs are played, it was like a fake lecture and is just jokes al the way through and get volenteers up onstage throughout it). It comes to the last part of the show and Chris the other member of WAS says he can mind read the volenteer is Max to get his "Mind Read" so everyone at my side of the audience starts laughing because i have ruined the joke as i blew Max's cover by speaking to him...The Keith and Chris were backstage when i spoke to Max so looked very confused why everone was laughing lol.

Max sits back in the audience once the thing is finished with him. Once the show was finished i left the room and was standing by the lift to leave and Max rushes towards me and asks me to follow him. He then says Keith wants to see my picture and that i was to wait afew minutes.

At this point i was like "oh, no, this is going to be so alkward" lol, Keith comes out but it isnt just Keith who comes out but this huge white shoulder camera thing on another guy's shoulder and im getting filmed....i couldnt even speak, this part is a blank...i have no idea what i said and im dreading that its going to be part of a DVD or a tour diary on youtube or something.

Keith (lead singer) now thinks im a stalker, i said to the new GUITARIST/keyboardist "Are you officially the new DRUMMER" lmao...and i am probably going to be on We Are Scientists youtube page in a video me making a fool of myself.

Oh also i think Keith thought i must of had something rong with me because me leg kept shaking and going to jelly when i was speaking to him before the show because i was so nervous lol.

HOLY CRAP!!!!! im so gonna do something like that one dayVery Happy Clap Dance Dance well done!!
randomer
Jazz Hands
randomer
January 25th, 2008 at 07:16pm
hairlikeray:

HOLY CRAP!!!!! im so gonna do something like that one dayVery Happy Clap Dance Dance well done!!

Ha ha! thanks for having the patience to read through my incredibly long post lol.

...i ALWAYS do something embarrassing when it comes to this band (We Are Scientists) lol like at the last proper gig of thiers i went to (not the one i talked about above because it was just a free show thing were they didnt even sing) i queued in the pouring rain for hours so i could get good seats (my tickets were unreserved balcony seats) once i get in, i got front row, centre seats. The support act comes on and then my eyes start to water because i was laughing so much. The support act was awful and cheesey...my freind had never even heard of We Are Scientists (WAS) and asked if this was WAS. i said no, i dont know why these people are supporting them because We Are Scientists are an indie/rock band.

We look around at the rest of the audience and 99% of them are the same sort of age as my parents (not the sort of age group i would expect to be at a WAS concert). I asked my friend "is there more than 1 room, could we be in the wrong room???" We look back at the tickets and still cant see anything wrong. Then the cheesey support act says "It is such an honor for us to support JAMES BROWN." lmfao we look back at the tickets and eventually realise that i got the date of the gig wrong lol and the WAS gig wasn't till the following day! I then needed to go to the manager and explain what i done so i could get back in with my tickets when WAS were going to be playing...she signed my tickets and they laughed at me lol.

What makes this story worse is that not only were all the audience the same age as my parents, kept staring at the tickets not noticeing it was a different date on it and that the support act was a totally different genre and said they were honored to be supporting James Brown...but the fact that it was at the Glasgow Carling Academy so in big red letters on the front of the building it said "JAMES BROWN" lmao...i have no common sense at all, no wonder everyone was so shocked that i actually got into university lol.

I am going to see the same band again (WAS) in april which im excitede about...but also dreading because something embarrassing WILL happen to me!
Hayley Williams
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Hayley Williams
January 27th, 2008 at 06:33am
Haha, when I went to see MCR, the support act "The Getaway Plan" were walking around, so we were like, hey lets go get their autographs & a photo.
So we go up to them, and we start talking & then my friend goes;
"Do you like my rainbow suspenders?" & the guitarist is like;
"Uhm- yeah,, they're uhm cool suspenders.."

& so we are all like, wow that was awkward and then all of a sudden shes like;
"I LOVE THE GETAWAY SHOW!!!!" & everybody went silent and looked at her and I elbowed her and whispered in her ear: "It's 'The Getaway Plan' idiot!!"
randomer
Jazz Hands
randomer
January 27th, 2008 at 01:25pm
Hayley Williams:
Haha, when I went to see MCR, the support act "The Getaway Plan" were walking around, so we were like, hey lets go get their autographs & a photo.
So we go up to them, and we start talking & then my friend goes;
"Do you like my rainbow suspenders?" & the guitarist is like;
"Uhm- yeah,, they're uhm cool suspenders.."

& so we are all like, wow that was awkward and then all of a sudden shes like;
"I LOVE THE GETAWAY SHOW!!!!" & everybody went silent and looked at her and I elbowed her and whispered in her ear: "It's 'The Getaway Plan' idiot!!"

Rofl! i coudnt stop laughing when i read this one...i got funny stares from my family Shifty2 lol.
Faye Merci
Salute You in Your Grave
Faye Merci
January 30th, 2008 at 11:27pm
During my third mcr concert i was dirty dancing to prison with this drunk chick and i hear laughing, i look up and worm is taking a picture and laughing his ass off.

XD

i hope i made them all laugh.
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
January 31st, 2008 at 05:54am
I think my friend purposely embarrased himself at MCR Sydney Nov 30th. We were getting patted down by security & when it was his turn, he goes, "oh! so is this some sort of club? *dances & arms in air*" He got patted down all the way between his legs & from head to toe. idiot!
Switchblade Saint
Salute You in Your Grave
Switchblade Saint
February 1st, 2008 at 11:12am
hairlikeray:
ehh, i've only been to an MCR concert but I sang the wrong lyrics during The Sharpest Lives and Sleep
But i loved that day In Love

HAhaha i know how u feel. I sang the wrong lyrics to Mama - i belted "& rite now they're building a coffin ur size" in place of "im writing this letter & wishing u well". what made it more embarassing was that Gerard held out the mike for us to sing, but few ppl were expectg it (jus 1 of those moments) so i was practically the only 1 singing that. so, yeah, some were probly rolling their eyes & thinking, "she's not a real fan!"

gosh, that memory (9 Dec 2007) is still wrapped in a golden glow. it was drizzling lightly, too. so poetic.
Switchblade Saint
Salute You in Your Grave
Switchblade Saint
February 1st, 2008 at 11:16am
Laura FTW.:
^^ahahaha!!
Parents are so embarrassing!

Once, I took my mom to an MCR show (she likes them too) and she met a sound guy who worked at the venue and she told him to go tell Gerard not to cuss because she doesn't like it and she doesn't want her daughter (ha! I'm 18, btw) hearing those kinds of words.
Shocked Gerard only cussed when the song had a cuss word in it. Shocked

When I went to PR, Gerard told the crowd to take off their shirts.
Well, I was right in front of him and I wasn't really thinking clearly and started to take my shirt off (I'm a girl, btw) and Gerard was like, "O_O Uh...only the guys take their shirts off...the GUYS!"
It was pretty embarrassing.

Why, did he see you start to take ur shirt off? LOL maybe he thought, "ohmygosh that girl over there is taking me seriously...i'm so in trouble" hahahaha
Lina Envy
Joining The Black Parade
Lina Envy
February 2nd, 2008 at 04:44pm
Hehe. At PR, I stood on the chair I was -supposed- to be sitting in, then started jumping. Oh yeah, that went well. I fell backwards over the chair, got my hand caught in between the two seats, and everyone around me was like "Oh my god are you okay?!" and I'm just sitting there on my butt laughing hysterically because it didn't hurt at all. So I'm like, "Dude, I'm totally fine. That was fucking awesome!" and then I get back up and go to my seat and tried to stand up on it again but my mom wouldn't let me. >.<
robot pie
Joining The Black Parade
robot pie
February 3rd, 2008 at 01:22am
at a smashing pumpkins concert I was standing with my friend in the crowd and I was wearing sparkly blue leggings and this sort of scary guy behind was staring at me. So then my friend decieded it would be funny if I screamed "I'M NOT WEARING ANY PANTS!!!!" so i did and he stared at my ass.... then all throughout the concert i messed up a lot of the lyrics, but it was still realllllyyy fun.

then when I saw MCR at Projekt Revolution during Mama Gerard started playing with himself and moaning VERY loudly, while I thought it was pretty sexy and was enjoying it.. my dad on the other and (who was standing right next to me) was like EWW WTF?
InsaneInsomniac
Killjoy
InsaneInsomniac
February 4th, 2008 at 03:13pm
khelda:

I'm going to overlook the fact that they stated it wasn't a performance in the ads and say I loved your story! The band has such a great sense of humour. Can't wait to see them in April!!!!
InsaneInsomniac
Killjoy
InsaneInsomniac
February 4th, 2008 at 03:21pm
I'm not from the UK or States, so I have a new level of embarassing moments that can only happen in a scene as small as my country's.
I started working as a pro bono music journo and was sent to a music festival to cover the acts. There is one headliner 'Cutting Jade' and a new band called 'Lava Rocks'. Problem is, the frontmen look like brothers.

So, I'm ambling along through the tents looking for a beer when I bump into this tall blonde guy. I say to him - Dude, you're in the Lava Rocks - Loved your set.
He looks at me and replies - actually, I'm in Cutting Jade.
Cue me tracking down the beer tent and hiding.

There are also so many foot-in-mouth moments that i'd rather forget. And I'm not even a teenie!
smith
Shotgun Sinner
smith
February 5th, 2008 at 12:54pm
Some asshole threw cake at me and started laughing
and when I asked Jimmy from MSI for a picture he said "Fuck off - I'm not Gerard!"
all at Projekt Revolution.

horrible
I wish I could forget it
x-MCR-rock-x
Really Not Okay
x-MCR-rock-x
February 5th, 2008 at 04:07pm
Dude, that's nasty about the cake.

Also that was fuckin mean of Jimmy. He better have been joking.
thankyou4thevenom8
Killjoy
thankyou4thevenom8
February 5th, 2008 at 10:14pm
ummmm well at the sacramento concert in dec 06 i was singing and crap and all the sudden it got all quite and i farted on the person behind me. at the killers concert i caught the drumstick but another guy did to and he swung at me but luckly im short so it went over my head then he saw it was a 13 year old kid and gave me a $50 pokerchip and i was like allrite plus i got the drumstick. then at the project rev. concert my het flew off like 12 times and on the lady in front of me and she got pissed so then i screemed helena in here ears. ps. wats ROLF mean comment on my page
starktreks
Devil's Got Your Number
starktreks
February 6th, 2008 at 02:53pm
at the paramore gig i was being thrown around a little bit in the pit and this random guy walked upto my friend sammy and pulled her skirt up! i was like "yo, dude, you do that again, you'll be having words with my fist, mkay?"

lulz. not really embarrassing but yeah.
cyanide1316
Bleeding on the Floor
cyanide1316
February 7th, 2008 at 11:31pm
at projekt rev i was in the open area, not the close-up one but that far away one cuz i was too poor to buy expensive tickets. But anyway, i was standing on the rail trying to get as close as possible and was screaming the lyrics to placebo and mcr. there was some random chick who came up and started shouting placebo lyrics with me, but during mcr nobody else around me was singing. everyone was just sitting there all chill and i was screaming my guts out.....