Don't have an account? Create one!

Embarrassing Concert Moments.

AuthorMessage
Quinnifier.
Awake and Unafraid
Quinnifier.
March 9th, 2008 at 11:54pm
at my second mcr concert i was in the pit and i fell and no one was helping me up and it was scary and embarrassing Oops
randomer
Jazz Hands
randomer
March 16th, 2008 at 10:17am
InsaneInsomniac:

I'm going to overlook the fact that they stated it wasn't a performance in the ads and say I loved your story! The band has such a great sense of humour. Can't wait to see them in April!!!!

XD yeah im so glad i didn't say to any of them something like "...so what acoustic songs are you going to sing?" which I was tempted to ask. But to be fair...i didnt see the advertisement till after the show and in my university they advertised it as an acoustic session.

lol im glad you enjoyed reading my LONG, DRAGGED OUT story. Yeah they are so funny!

Shocked you like We Are Scientists too! cool! ...i always seem to find We Are Scientists fans where i dont expect. I can't wait for April either Very Happy which 1 are you going to? Did you go to any of the instore signings/ACTUAL acoutic sessions? I was supposed to but on the morning of it i then realised i couldnt go anymore because of my mum Mad lol wasnt in a good mood for a week lol i feel sorry for my friends having to put up with me then.

Their new album is brill! Can't wait to buy it tomorrow Very Happy

EDIT:
Oh ive thought of another embarrassing concert moment ...but i promise its alot shorter than the other one XD

I bought acouple of seated tickets for the We Are Scientists gig last time they were in my city, but i bought them off ebay.

The tickets were unreserved balcony seats so i decided to queue for hours in the cold and rain so i could get good seats. My friend and I pick our seats (front row centre) so i was really happy. A band came onstage, my friend had never heard of We Are Scientists ans she turns to me with a puzzled face and says "THIS is We Are Scientists?!?!?" so i said that it wasn't and that it is the support act. My eyes are watering with laughter because the support act is so rubbish and cheesy and nothing like the band ive paid to see! I cant stop laughing and crying lol i then got alot of funny stares off people.

I say to my friend that im really confused why such a cheesy act is supporting We Are Scientists. We look at the tickets again and are really confused. We try to work out if theres different rooms in the venue and if we maybe went to the wrong room.

Then the cheesy support act then says inbetween songs "...we are so honored to be supporting JAMES BROWN." Shocked we then realise that the gig isnt supposed to be till the next night. I then had to walk out, find a manager to explain what had happened and get them to write on the tickets so we could actually get in the following night. I still get laughed at, to this day, because of that.

What makes it worse is that their were so many signs that we werent at the right gig. Firstly, everyone queuing were my mum and dads age lol, the gig was at a carling academy so the name of the band/person perfoming was in big red letters on the front of the building etc.
randomer
Jazz Hands
randomer
March 16th, 2008 at 10:20am
Paradox:
Some asshole threw cake at me and started laughing
and when I asked Jimmy from MSI for a picture he said "Fuck off - I'm not Gerard!"
all at Projekt Revolution.

horrible
I wish I could forget it

Sad i didnt realise Jimmy was so horrible to fans. I was going to wait after 1 of their UK gigs to try to meet them...i dont think i'll bother anymore.
tattooed lovers.
Motor Baby
tattooed lovers.
March 16th, 2008 at 03:43pm

When Meriwether came on as the first act of the night for Saosin, I said, "Wow! Aren't they amazing!" and stuff like that to my sister. Then she said, "DO THEY HAVE A CD? IF NOT I DON'T CARE." lmao. thank god we were by the speakers, and I don't think anyone heard. (but it's still bad because we were by Steve.)
I looked so out of place. Everyone there looked like a stereotypical emo kid. (no offense to anyone there, of course.)
randomer
Jazz Hands
randomer
March 16th, 2008 at 08:35pm
machine gun baby.:

When Meriwether came on as the first act of the night for Saosin, I said, "Wow! Aren't they amazing!" and stuff like that to my sister. Then she said, "DO THEY HAVE A CD? IF NOT I DON'T CARE." lmao. thank god we were by the speakers, and I don't think anyone heard. (but it's still bad because we were by Steve.)
I looked so out of place. Everyone there looked like a stereotypical emo kid. (no offense to anyone there, of course.)

lol awww!

I know how you feel, im into music anything between indie and metal but i dont dress as an "emo" or "indie kid" or "mosher" etc so i usually feel out of place at alot of gigs. People always seem surprised that im into decent music lol.
ATTACK
Bleeding on the Floor
ATTACK
March 21st, 2008 at 02:30am
Uhmm
At Projekt Rev. I had been in the pit all day so when MCR's set was over I went up and sat with my mom and friend in the seats. I fell asleep through like two or three of Linkin Park's songs. I woke up and looked around to see like three people staring at me like I was crazy.

Anddd at an A7X concert I got pushed down and somebody was standing on my hand and I was screaming bloody murder for like two minutes until some guy looked down, saw me screaming 'GET THE FUCK OFF MY FUCKING HAND!!' and pushed the person away. That sucked. :[
Then the whole crowd got pushed down again and some dude was standing next to me and helped me up. And didn't let go of my hand. O.o
I was standing there holding his like 'Uhhh... uhhh. Is he gonna let go or something?' and yeah...

They aren't that embarrassing but to me they were like 'AGHH.' moments.
Hayley Williams
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Hayley Williams
March 21st, 2008 at 08:58am
Hayley Williams:
Haha, when I went to see MCR, the support act "The Getaway Plan" were walking around, so we were like, hey lets go get their autographs & a photo.
So we go up to them, and we start talking & then my friend goes;
"Do you like my rainbow suspenders?" & the guitarist is like;
"Uhm- yeah,, they're uhm cool suspenders.."

& so we are all like, wow that was awkward and then all of a sudden shes like;
"I LOVE THE GETAWAY SHOW!!!!" & everybody went silent and looked at her and I elbowed her and whispered in her ear: "It's 'The Getaway Plan' idiot!!"

Oh to add onto this.
My friends and I met the guitarist (Clint) again at an instore and I asked him if he remembered us.
& He said
"YES your the Rod Laver/MCR girls. The ones with the friend that had rainbow suspenders?" LOL and my friend Sarah was all "Yeah,The Getaway SHOW.. sorry about that dude" and he just laughed.

Paradox:
and when I asked Jimmy from MSI for a picture he said "Fuck off - I'm not Gerard!"

horrible
I wish I could forget it

ouch.
harsh
Hayley Williams
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Hayley Williams
March 21st, 2008 at 09:02am
ignore
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
March 21st, 2008 at 11:04am
i once fell asleep on the barricade during The Academy is. My friends tease me about it to this day.

And Jimmy was probably joking with you because he is a doll.
Pixiesan
Motor Baby
Pixiesan
March 21st, 2008 at 04:22pm
The-Liar-Is-You:

And the singer looks really like Green Day singer...[can't remember his name XD].

Billie Joe Armstrong? XD

I used to be a hardcore Green Day fan.

Anywho...

I went to a gig for a UK band called Superhero, and I sat on the stage and I was drumming (note-I can't keep a beat to save my life) on the stage, and at the end the lead singer (Tim) started laughing. "Nice drumming. I recommend lessons" (Note his Irish accent)

I went to a Brad Paisley concert (I like country music--sue me) wearing an MCR tshirt. Nobody knew who they were. lmfao

At said Brad Paisley concert, my brother was cracking up during the Redneck 12 Days of Christmas, and after everyone calmed down and stopped laughing, he (drunkenly) screamed "THAT WAS FUNNY!"
Nutella With Forks
Motor Baby
Nutella With Forks
March 21st, 2008 at 04:51pm
Madonna Addolorata:
The-Liar-Is-You:

And the singer looks really like Green Day singer...[can't remember his name XD].

Billie Joe Armstrong? XD

I used to be a hardcore Green Day fan.
"

YES!!
Very Happy

I have since embarrassed myself in front of that band...

They were in a battle of the bands, and all the bands were in the crowd (it was pretty small).
They announce the winner, which was them [WOO!].
I start screaming and go "I FUCKING LOVE REEF STAINED!"
Then this fine male specimen turns around and I'm all 'aww crap'.
The bassist...
Tehe
ohaybill
Killjoy
ohaybill
March 22nd, 2008 at 03:03pm
khelda:
Paradox:

horrible
I wish I could forget it

Sad i didnt realise Jimmy was so horrible to fans. I was going to wait after 1 of their UK gigs to try to meet them...i dont think i'll bother anymore.

That made me never want to see them in concert ever.
ohaybill
Killjoy
ohaybill
March 22nd, 2008 at 03:13pm
When I first saw MCR, my mom kept screaming about Gerard's bald spot, and I could hear her ALL THE WAY IN THE FRONT OF THE PIT.
She was sitting in the seats. And I know Gerard heard her tooo..............
randomer
Jazz Hands
randomer
March 22nd, 2008 at 06:22pm
Garry Way.:
When I first saw MCR, my mom kept screaming about Gerard's bald spot, and I could hear her ALL THE WAY IN THE FRONT OF THE PIT.
She was sitting in the seats. And I know Gerard heard her tooo..............

LOL! That is pretty embarrassing, but atleast your mum wasnt standing beside you when gerard heard. I could so imagine my mum doing soming like that, but she'd probably comment on his teeth instead, she always comments on peoples teeth for some reason.

...Does he really have a bald spot! I have never noticed, but i think he could pull off being bald Smile lol.
maryaxe
Joining The Black Parade
maryaxe
March 22nd, 2008 at 11:08pm
I was in the front row at a Smashing Pumpkins show this past summer, and I passed out.

Which normally wouldn't be terribly embarrassing except that it was in the middle of Thirty-Three during the acoustic set. right in front of Billy, whom my friend told me was intently watching the whole time. And as soon as I was pulled over the barrier, I was telling the head of security "I'm okay" haha he was like um no go to the medic, no discussion
(he's so awesome though that he told venue staff to set up a place for me to sit up front so I could watch the rest of the show because I'm a "regular" at SP shows.)

After the show, Billy asked what happened to me and if I was alright and I was like eh yeah I'm okay now and I don't really want to talk to about it Embarassed hahaha I was so embarrassed.

Whats worse, a week later at another show, the guitar and bass player were like oh hey how are you feeling since the last show? Which again wouldn't be so bad except they weren't even on stage when it happened! so somebody must have told them about it.

The band and crew still make fun of me. jerks. lol

------------------

OH yes and 2 weeks before that I was at another SP show and Billy is doing a guitar solo right in front of us. And I'm trying to figure out why the light appears to be hitting him weird and creating strange patterns. So I lean over and say to my friend "do you see that?"
she says "see what?"
"the weird pattern on billy hip...what it that from?"
"i don't know"

so I'm now concentrating because it's making me insane. So now I'm leaning over the barrier slightly to get a better look, staring more intently. Trying to figure out if it's light coming from a certain place or a weird shadow or something...

...and then I realize what it is.

it's his black and white striped boxer shorts showing through the white linen pants he has on.

So I'm like oh.god, I look up and he's staring right at me. So he totally caught me as I was staring at his crotch.

I make an ass of myself regularly in front of him it seems, now that I think about it....
randomer
Jazz Hands
randomer
March 23rd, 2008 at 05:50pm
maryaxe:
I was in the front row at a Smashing Pumpkins show this past summer, and I passed out.

Which normally wouldn't be terribly embarrassing except that it was in the middle of Thirty-Three during the acoustic set. right in front of Billy, whom my friend told me was intently watching the whole time. And as soon as I was pulled over the barrier, I was telling the head of security "I'm okay" haha he was like um no go to the medic, no discussion
(he's so awesome though that he told venue staff to set up a place for me to sit up front so I could watch the rest of the show because I'm a "regular" at SP shows.)

After the show, Billy asked what happened to me and if I was alright and I was like eh yeah I'm okay now and I don't really want to talk to about it Embarassed hahaha I was so embarrassed.

Whats worse, a week later at another show, the guitar and bass player were like oh hey how are you feeling since the last show? Which again wouldn't be so bad except they weren't even on stage when it happened! so somebody must have told them about it.

The band and crew still make fun of me. jerks. lol

------------------

OH yes and 2 weeks before that I was at another SP show and Billy is doing a guitar solo right in front of us. And I'm trying to figure out why the light appears to be hitting him weird and creating strange patterns. So I lean over and say to my friend "do you see that?"
she says "see what?"
"the weird pattern on billy hip...what it that from?"
"i don't know"

so I'm now concentrating because it's making me insane. So now I'm leaning over the barrier slightly to get a better look, staring more intently. Trying to figure out if it's light coming from a certain place or a weird shadow or something...

...and then I realize what it is.

it's his black and white striped boxer shorts showing through the white linen pants he has on.

So I'm like oh.god, I look up and he's staring right at me. So he totally caught me as I was staring at his crotch.

I make an ass of myself regularly in front of him it seems, now that I think about it....

LOL i laughed so much at this one! Aww thats ashame, but its great that the band really do care about their fans and they know who their real fans are. And lol at the boxer shorts story XD!
Holly Way
Jazz Hands
Holly Way
March 23rd, 2008 at 07:49pm
ok, so i dont know if these are just supposed to be embarassing moments that happened at concerts or if my own personal experiences while im on stage count, so heres my story!!

------------------------------------

I was in a band a few years back we did mainly covers because we were young couldnt write very good music anyways i played keyboard and backup vocal. but my band let me sing lead for one song. "Time Of Your Life" ~ Green Day. and i was really excited so i had been practicing for the past few weeks and i was really good. We all got to the bar that we were preforming at, it was my turn sing i was doing the last song. It was going really well and at the beginning of the second verse i forgot the words and i was like in my head "OH SHITTT!!!!!" i couldnt remember so my band just kept playing the same line over and over till i remembered. it took like 30 seconds but seemed like forever.

Anyway that was kind of embarassing but a great experience!!!!

i have never forgot the lyrics to that song since that day (go figure)
Strfckrs Inc.
Salute You in Your Grave
Strfckrs Inc.
March 24th, 2008 at 07:34am
I say the most embarrassing thing I did was not eat at all on the day of the last MCR concert I went to...nearly died in the mosh

I kept leaning on randoms to stay standing...worst mosh experience ever, I was overheating & of course crying & oh man...it was terrible

BUT the good part was that I got a Mikey smile...he looked straight at me & I smiled & he smiled back! *dies*
maryaxe
Joining The Black Parade
maryaxe
March 24th, 2008 at 03:19pm
khelda:

LOL i laughed so much at this one! Aww thats ashame, but its great that the band really do care about their fans and they know who their real fans are. And lol at the boxer shorts story XD!

hahaha yeah it's funny now, but at the time, oh man. And no matter how hard I try, I do something I shouldn't in front of him all the time

I have tons of embarrassing stories with the Pumpkins (well, mostly Billy), probably because I go to more of their shows than anything else.
These weren't at concerts, but they still had to do with him.

In 2000, they were doing a signing in Philadelphia for the release of Machina. I didn't have my car at the time, I was a freshman in college and we couldn't have cars on campus. So my mom decides to be awesome and take me to it.
She suffered through 7 hours of waiting in line with me. Doors opened and I was a nervous wreck, it was my first time even being in the same room with the band. Everything goes fine and well and as I'm talking to Billy as he's signing my stuff, I asked for a hug. He's like oh sure honey and stands up to hug me. My mom goes to take a picture and their then-bodyguard puts his hand in front of the camera.

My mother is not so pleased with this.

So she stands there and yells at Earl, who is about 6'6" and at least 300lbs. About how that was rude and etc, etc, etc.

The whole time, I'm standing there looking at my mother like I don't believe this shit. Out of the corner of my eye I see Billy look at my mother, looks at Earl, back at my mom, back at Earl and then looks at me. And I must have looked completely mortified because he promptly burst into laughter. I don't think he knew what to make of it. I had to practically drag my mother out of tower records.

A few years later, I dropped my book as I went to hand it to him at a book signing. I said "oh fuck" which I totally didn't mean to say out loud. He laughed as soon as the words came out of my mouth. So I didn't feel as retarded.

But I definitely felt dumb a few nights after that, I almost spilled an entire glass of wine all over him at his (former) girlfriend's art gallery opening. Hey, I wasn't expecting him to be standing right behind me.
ATTACK
Bleeding on the Floor
ATTACK
March 24th, 2008 at 10:40pm
lol I just remembered the first time we went to go see MCR.

Bree had to use the bathroom while we were waiting in line, and that meant walking all the way across the parking lot to use the porta-potty that was left for some construction workers.

She used it, and as we were walking back towards the line, a tour bus was cutting through the people spilling into the street, they were all screaming until they realized that there's no way MCR could be in it. It passed by us and we just kinda stopped and stared, then decided to follow it.

There were about five other people that came to see who got out, and after about ten minutes, Muse came out. I was the only person who even recognized them, so I started jumping up and down, screaming and waving. The other people around us just kinda stood there looking at me like I was a lunatic and the band didn't even wave back, Matt might of smiled a little, but that might of been the fact that the sun was in his eyes. But still. Blah. It left me a little disappointed and yeah, embarrassed. Bree still teases me to this day that I should've at least screamed out one of their names or something.

(It was funny because Bree didn't believe that they were really Muse until they got out on stage. Even funnier, she referred to Matt as an 'Unimportant Midget' because he was trailing behind the other guys, and because he was short.)