Embarrassing Concert Moments.

AuthorMessage
randomer
Jazz Hands
randomer
March 26th, 2008 at 10:00pm
maryaxe:
khelda:

LOL i laughed so much at this one! Aww thats ashame, but its great that the band really do care about their fans and they know who their real fans are. And lol at the boxer shorts story XD!

hahaha yeah it's funny now, but at the time, oh man. And no matter how hard I try, I do something I shouldn't in front of him all the time

I have tons of embarrassing stories with the Pumpkins (well, mostly Billy), probably because I go to more of their shows than anything else.
These weren't at concerts, but they still had to do with him.

In 2000, they were doing a signing in Philadelphia for the release of Machina. I didn't have my car at the time, I was a freshman in college and we couldn't have cars on campus. So my mom decides to be awesome and take me to it.
She suffered through 7 hours of waiting in line with me. Doors opened and I was a nervous wreck, it was my first time even being in the same room with the band. Everything goes fine and well and as I'm talking to Billy as he's signing my stuff, I asked for a hug. He's like oh sure honey and stands up to hug me. My mom goes to take a picture and their then-bodyguard puts his hand in front of the camera.

My mother is not so pleased with this.

So she stands there and yells at Earl, who is about 6'6" and at least 300lbs. About how that was rude and etc, etc, etc.

The whole time, I'm standing there looking at my mother like I don't believe this shit. Out of the corner of my eye I see Billy look at my mother, looks at Earl, back at my mom, back at Earl and then looks at me. And I must have looked completely mortified because he promptly burst into laughter. I don't think he knew what to make of it. I had to practically drag my mother out of tower records.

A few years later, I dropped my book as I went to hand it to him at a book signing. I said "oh fuck" which I totally didn't mean to say out loud. He laughed as soon as the words came out of my mouth. So I didn't feel as retarded.

But I definitely felt dumb a few nights after that, I almost spilled an entire glass of wine all over him at his (former) girlfriend's art gallery opening. Hey, I wasn't expecting him to be standing right behind me.

Shocked your right lol you do have lots of Smashing Pumpkin stories! I loved reading though your post...at least you know that you will be a memorable fan to the band/Billy lol im sure none of them could ever forget you.

Sorry for being a noob but whos Earl? Is he like MCR's version of Worm?

Do you have any more Smashing Pumpkins gigs/signings planned yet? If you do, you have to post up how it goes and if everything goes well for a change. *crosses fingers* no more embarrassing Billy moments lol
maryaxe
Joining The Black Parade
maryaxe
March 26th, 2008 at 11:32pm
khelda:

Shocked your right lol you do have lots of Smashing Pumpkin stories! I loved reading though your post...at least you know that you will be a memorable fan to the band/Billy lol im sure none of them could ever forget you.

Sorry for being a noob but whos Earl? Is he like MCR's version of Worm?

Do you have any more Smashing Pumpkins gigs/signings planned yet? If you do, you have to post up how it goes and if everything goes well for a change. *crosses fingers* no more embarrassing Billy moments lol

It doesn't bother me anymore. Sometimes my friend and I joke that Billy has nightmares about me Wink lol And it gives me really funny stories to tell after the fact and it ensures I will never forget the things I've been to.
Billy is just so incredibly nice, though part of me thinks it's because he may find me amusing. Because aside from doing things I shouldn't, my mouth tends to run faster than my brain. I'm a pretty honest person, so I just treat him and the rest of the band like normal people, so my chance for a really embarrassing fan-girl moment is very slim.

I'm not sure who Worm is (that's probably bad of me), but Earl is their former bodyguard. He worked for them before the band broke up in 2000.

I don't have anything planned any time soon. My friend and I were offered tickets for two shows abroad, but neither of us can take the time off to be flying down to Central America or Mexico. But I have been told they may be coming back this way, so perhaps this summer.

To kind of make up for all the stupid things my friend and I both do, we made them a gift basket that we had given to them before a show. We handmade everything specific to what each member was interested in. They loved it, so at least for a while they may remember us for something good Wink Laughing
poison_heart
Killjoy
poison_heart
April 1st, 2008 at 01:16am
It happened to me in my first AFI concert, I was in first line and Davey was looking right to me during "File 13" but I didnt knew the lyrics so I was just saying random words...and it didnt work!
I was so embarassed!

And the other was on my first show ever (Simple Plan) I wasnt even in general admission, and suddenly Minority started playing before any band entered and all the lights were on.
I decided to stand over my seat and sing it loud, acting it as Billie Joe does.....then security came to pull me down... and everyone was like WTF is wrong with you? Even my sister critiziced me
It was pretty crazy. Sad Embarassed
eslizard
Salute You in Your Grave
eslizard
April 3rd, 2008 at 01:11am
the worst thing thts ever happend to me was that i fell asleep at a- no, 2- concerts.
the first one was a backstreet Boys concert when i was 8, and the other a N*Sync concert when i was 9.

the BSB was because the weather was awful and the show didnt start till about 10, i fell asleep about 11... but for an 8yr old who is used to sleeping at 9, i think that was okay. but apperantly some ckicks (who are about 16 at the time) were making fun of me. who makins fun of someone half their age?

then the n*sync concert i didnt even want to go to, but there was an extra tic, so i went. i was asleep before the first song ended, and woke up just as the last song started (of course, i had to catch bye, bye, bye; my least fav song at the time)

but yeah... im probably one of the only people who can sleep through concerts
tattooed lovers.
Motor Baby
tattooed lovers.
April 3rd, 2008 at 06:04pm
Everyday:

lmao. I almost fell asleep at a concert.
Tehe It was during Saosin, and I was dehydrated, tired, etc. and was almost falling asleep/passing out. It was horrible. ...but I was by the speakers, so I woke up..
the rise and fall
Killjoy
the rise and fall
April 4th, 2008 at 06:26pm
Well, my first concert...God, this is really really embarassing...It was at the state fair, and we were gonna be there a long time and it was hot and i have these overall shorts that i absolutely love....they're really comfy, but lets just say i didnt quite fit in. Smiley i felt like i was four years old >< so i bought a t-shirt and put it right on, to hide them. NEVER doing that again, no matter how much i love my overall shorts.

and then, at a Brand New concert, I was right up front, but to the side. So i had a lot of room, and I had a spot right on this fence. I could see the drummer really well, and I just got caught up in the moment. I was swaying and jumping and no one around me was, and I think I moved the fence a couple times. I looked ridiculous, but I had FUN!!! XD
the rise and fall
Killjoy
the rise and fall
April 4th, 2008 at 11:17pm
Everyday:
the worst thing thts ever happend to me was that i fell asleep at a- no, 2- concerts.
the first one was a backstreet Boys concert when i was 8, and the other a N*Sync concert when i was 9.

the BSB was because the weather was awful and the show didnt start till about 10, i fell asleep about 11... but for an 8yr old who is used to sleeping at 9, i think that was okay. but apperantly some ckicks (who are about 16 at the time) were making fun of me. who makins fun of someone half their age?

then the n*sync concert i didnt even want to go to, but there was an extra tic, so i went. i was asleep before the first song ended, and woke up just as the last song started (of course, i had to catch bye, bye, bye; my least fav song at the time)

oh, i've fallen asleep too. at projekt revolution, when HIM came on. it wasnt even late yet. i just didnt know the band, and they were playing slow stuff...plus it was hot and i had been walking around all day and had gotten little sleep the night before. so yeah, i fell asleep right on the floor, off to the side. kinda funny actually
Misty-Acidic
Killjoy
Misty-Acidic
April 5th, 2008 at 07:32am
for me it would be falling off the stage after I got invited on to like do the lead singers hair Very Happy

it was a local band gig

but it was sooooo embarrasing lol
Easy Mac
In The Murder Scene
Easy Mac
April 7th, 2008 at 09:34pm
^bahahaha that's funny

I'm going to get me and my friends noticed at the Paramore concert, so I'm going to embarrass myself there, but I'll never see the people there again, so I don't really care XD

and I can't remember if I already said this, but at Fall Out Boy, my friends Katie and Kayla were waiting by the side of the stage after Gym Class Heroes were done to see if we could meet them, and after we were standing there for like 3 minutes, it was kind of quiet, and my friend Kayla yells "Oh my god! It's Pete Wentz!!" and points and everyone runs over and looks, and when they didn't see him everyone stared at us. lol
it was like the best night ever even though I did so many dumb things.
I might post the rest when I say about the dumb things I do at Paramore XD
xxkeeponlivingxx
Killjoy
xxkeeponlivingxx
April 8th, 2008 at 12:58am
ooh many awkward moments XD
ohkay starting with the HCT in texas w/ fob headlining...
i was outside during the intermission getting some icee lemon crap and this girl wearing pink randomly went up to me and was like "omg ur shirt is sooo hot! it has pete wentz's face on it!!!!!!"
and her shirt said "mrs. wentz" on it. mine? had all the band members, i still have it
she was just gushing over how SEXY pete was (she was what, 11?) and i was like "um, i come here for the music..." and she gave me this weirdass look
and during dance dance, these chicks were trying to get andy's attention and i was like, "wait everyone, one, two three! WE LOVE U ANDY!!!"
i was the only one who said it, the other three chicks were like wtf is this bitch doing? she doesnt even live in texas!

ohkay moving on to MCR concert in hawaii (where i DO live)
i was there with my friends bri and jaime and we were in the 2nd row for the first few songs, but jaime was being squished to death so she got pulled out. and she dd have a phone, so i had to get pulled out as well. anyway we went from the mosh over to the side, where everyone was just standing there, and we were jumping and screaming lyrics and shit...
and when helena came, i was copying the dancers in the vid to the best of my ability (which isnt much) and i got some stares. but the REAL bad one was during sleep

because of nemesis, whenever i hear the guitars come in, i do a karate kick. well, i ended up kicking this chick in the small of the back and she just glared at me while i ignored her XD
and in famous last words, i was rolling on the ground and someone tried to pick me up and i was like "no, no i LIKE it down here!"
and those are the only two concerts i have went to besides plain white t's TOMORROW in the concert w/ 40 people...but i only know 8-10 of their songs *cringes
ryane clowe.
In a Bullet's Embrace
ryane clowe.
April 10th, 2008 at 02:37pm
ok, so this is sort of embarrassing, but at my mcr concert....
they went into Hang 'em High and i had been listening to "the devil went down to georgia" too much....
and i got all excited because i thought they were going to do a cover of it.
rofl. stupid right?
and hang 'em high is one of favorites. oops.
xDD
xLadyxOfxSorrowx
Killjoy
xLadyxOfxSorrowx
April 10th, 2008 at 07:58pm
When I was like 11 years old, my dad dragged me to a Crosby, Still, Nash, and Young concert or something. I've never liked that music, and these people in the row behind me were smoking pot out in the open, the people next to me were drunk and one tried to feel me up (my dad punched him), and some lady in front of me was like a retired hippie and was smoking ALL these cigarettes. I broke down crying after an hour I was so miserable... T.T Retarded of me much?
Mr.Armstrong
Awake and Unafraid
Mr.Armstrong
April 10th, 2008 at 09:06pm
i went to warped tour when i was around 17
and i was crowd surfing, and someone grabbed my boob
>__< omg the most embaressing thing ever
James Dean Bradfield
Killjoy
James Dean Bradfield
April 12th, 2008 at 07:19pm
I saw Linkin Park back In January with my sister and because I need to act my age now and be the 'sensible older sister', (yeah right) we decided to get seats.... WAY back in the nosebleed seats.....

But we were near to the stage.. so got a good view though...

I was wearing these really stupid boots, that I can't seem to walk in.. and I had to got to the toilet.. as I came back to my seat I stumbled and seemed to float through the air... forwards to the row of seats in front of us,landing stretched across them

Luckily the people in the seats were standing.. or else I would have landed on them Embarassed

I couldn't get up as I was wedged in the seats.. and my sister had to pull me out... the people in the seats just turned around and looked at me to wonder where the heck I'd fell from.

Only good thing was Chester took his shirt off at the end and we got half naked Chester running round the stage in front of us.

Needless to say, the bruises lasted a fair few days Oops
dfgdfgsdfh
Bleeding on the Floor
dfgdfgsdfh
April 12th, 2008 at 09:53pm
dude. mikeyway threw q-tips at me.
Norrel
Jazz Hands
Norrel
April 13th, 2008 at 01:05am
Ehh, I think the most embarrassing thing I've done at a concert, was at Cobra Starship concert.

They started plaing Snakes On A Plane/Bring It and up till that point I had been screaming every single line of every song they were playing, and for some reason when Gabe breaks into the first line of the song, I screamed out the first line from another song of theirs. I felt so stupid... its even on the video I was taking Dx

I don't think anyone else really payed attention though hopefully ._.
Easy Mac
In The Murder Scene
Easy Mac
April 20th, 2008 at 12:56am
I told you I would be here XD

At the Paramore/Jimmy Eat World concert we were sitting at table during JEW because we didn't reall know the songs that well, and I was like screaming and stuff. I was the only one back there screaming and jumping. haha my mom told me to go back to the pit if I'm gonna do it. I also screamed at random times when nothing was happening. my flashing ring got peoples attention, too.
some drunk guys was watching me and my friends. haha
and when we were standing in line, my mom wanted to see some girl's shirt. and it was something she shouldn't have read. I was kind of embarassed then. that's pretty much it.

oh and when i was jumping and stuff, I almost fell. heh
I_Dyed_Gerards_Hair
Joining The Black Parade
I_Dyed_Gerards_Hair
April 20th, 2008 at 05:34am
at my MCR concerts we were kind of late and halfway through the MSI set.

anyways we couldnt see our seat numbers and so i was standing there freaking out cos 2 dudes were sat where i thought i was supposed to be. so i was hyperventilating and shit cos i thought i was gonna get kicked out nad miss it, and i was like 'shit shit shit'. and then i asked a guard where i was supposed to go and she pointed me in the direction id jst come from, and i was all...'yeah i was jst there that seat doesnt exist'

turns out the chavs had jst sat in my seat and i was right besides htem freaking out.

that was embarressing.

adn also my friend and i were running up and down the aisles screaming the songs on the PA before the concert. really loud, adn really bad

best night ever
I_Dyed_Gerards_Hair
Joining The Black Parade
I_Dyed_Gerards_Hair
April 20th, 2008 at 05:43am
aalllso during that gig when it had all gone quiet my dad decided to shout really loud

'whens Billie Joe coming out? this support group is crap' and that was hlafway through the MCR set.

i wanted to die.

and me and my friend were the only ones singing and jumping in the area where we were [maybe people seated near the back dnt feel the need to be excited] and our voices were all raspy from shouting and screaming so during sleep we were kind of going higher nad lower..like jjjUUUUst sllEEEeeeEEEppP
randomer
Jazz Hands
randomer
April 20th, 2008 at 08:18pm
Everyday:

lol ive slept through a concert before, the band was called 911...i dont think anyone will really remember them. They were a really cheesy boy band:

...but who could blame me falling asleep Razz

Neutral My mum is dragging me to a Backstreet Boys gig next month lol! Hopefully I wont fall asleep :p