Don't have an account? Create one!

Gerard, Ray, Mikey, Frank and Bob, you have to read this

AuthorMessage
gazelles.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
gazelles.
May 26th, 2008 at 01:54pm
I can't even begin to comprehend why there are people who are attempting to get kids to kill themselves.
Boys, I'm sorry that you have to put up with this kind of shit, even indirectly through your fanbase. I like to imagine that you're proud of us as a group for standing up for what we believe in (namely, you), but I don't pretend to understand what goes on in your heads. Know that, at any rate, you've inspired us to not take anybody's shit, and we cannot thank you enough for that.

That message you posted on the website is amazing, even if it may not have been written out directly by any of you. Things like that make me so proud to be a fan of this band.

Frankie, a Leathermouth album / tour would be awesomeness x 50 billion + 1.
porcelinajune
Bleeding on the Floor
porcelinajune
May 27th, 2008 at 01:37am
^^^^^^

Frank, I too second the wish for a Leathermouth album.

Hope everyone had a nice relaxing Memorial Day weekend. Just in for a quick hello.

MCR: Thank you for being muscians and five regular amazing guys and not "rockstars" living the stereotypical rock n' roll lifestyle.
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
May 27th, 2008 at 05:54pm
Hello all, we just got home from our lovely trip. We decided to say piffle on it all and went to the beach. Hubs was just in Ft. Lauderdale, but we went together this time, and it was a lot of fun. His best friend is still in town and they are working on a video game together, hubs is writing it and helping with some level design, but his friend is doing all the programming. It's pretty good so far, it's coming along and looks really nice. I know I'm not a video game expert by any stretch of the imagination, but it's colorful and shiny.

We hit Las Olas and the beach, which was gorgeous, and had a great time. Turns out we got there in time for my friend's comic con, he sponsored a convention about 20 minutes from where we were staying, so I took a day to go to the con and ran into a ton of my friends and had a blast. It got me out of the house and hanging with people I love, giving the menfolk time to work on the game. I got some great artwork -- not that I really have any room left in my comic book room to display it, sadly -- and their main celebrity guest was Brian O'Halloran, who was Dante in the Clerks films, so of course I had to go and say hi. And -- get this -- one of their other guests, hand to God, was Chris Crocker, the guy that did that "Leave Britney Alone" video. Seriously. I have no idea why the hell he was a guest at a comic book convention, unless they were going for the shock value and novelty. It was insane. Personally, I preferred Seth Green's spoof, but that's just me.

In board news, it looks like I missed out on some not-so-fun with the protest? Meh. I really hate that there are assholes in the world that exist solely to shit on others' happiness. It's like, listen, man, it doesn't concern you. You go and do what you want to do, and give them the same consideration.

Ray -- I wore my T.Oro shirt yesterday when we were putzing around a mall somewhere near where we were, and seven times I was pulled aside to ask where I'd gotten it (thank you Deb!!) and how lucky I was to have seen you guys' show. It was like reliving it each time. Know that you are very, very loved. In Love
Mrs.Halloween
Salute You in Your Grave
Mrs.Halloween
May 28th, 2008 at 08:10am
since you guys were talking about the leathermouth album coming out, i dunno if you've seen this, but i thought i'd post it anyways:

[sorry it's fuzzy, Paint fucks up everything i screen cap]

it's been on the s//c store page for a while now, but the expected date used to be june or july, i think, but they must have moved it back to october.
Dx.
whyyyy?!
frank if you're reading this: what the hell, man!?
we've been waiting so long for it.
get it together!!
xD.
i kid.
seriously though. how long's it been? i thought this bitch was gonna be with us a year ago!

edit: and i saw the toro shirts on the mychem store the other day.
o.O
if it's possible to fall in love with an item of clothing, then i think i did.
...and then i heard somewhere that they're not shipping them internationally.
jesus wept.
gazelles.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
gazelles.
May 28th, 2008 at 09:11am
I think Frankie must have decided that he wants the record as birthday gift. x] Who knows, maybe there will be a Leathermouth version of "Happy Birthday" as a hidden track or something. Tehe

That's awful about the international shipping thing. I don't see why they wouldn't, though. We've always been able to get other stuff from the store internationally. I notice they're not selling the "Mikey Fuckin Way" shirt online, hahah. I wonder why?
ilovegerardway78
Killjoy
ilovegerardway78
May 28th, 2008 at 09:38am
I'm so glad that u posted this too if Gerard ever read this i would want to say that i appreciate all the work he and the band does and i hope this band stays together for eternity

I love u guys with all my heart - Suzi MacKenzie
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
May 29th, 2008 at 08:18am
I Am A Graveyard.:
That's awful about the international shipping thing. I don't see why they wouldn't, though. We've always been able to get other stuff from the store internationally. I notice they're not selling the "Mikey Fuckin Way" shirt online, hahah. I wonder why?

International shipping is INSANELY expensive. I've shipped Loz a thing or two and it was almost $30 to send it. I finally understand why the British tourists bring empty suitcases and buy more suitcases while here to take all their stuff back home. It's cheaper to pay airplane overage charges than it is to pay shipping, sadly enough. Not that I'm complaining, mind you, our economy is shit at the moment so if they want to pump thousands of dollars into it, hey, I'm all for it. I love British tourists. They're so cute. They ask for the "loo" and the "chemist" and then hand their wallets over because they can't figure out American money. They are adorable. Could do without the Speedos at the beach tho'. *shudder* Nobody looks good in a Speedo.

Speaking of Loz -- August! WHEE! 2 1/2 months! *SO excited*

Boys -- two viewing parties for TBPID! already booked at my house! Big screen and surround sound....oooooh......shiny.......
Green Faerie
Salute You in Your Grave
Green Faerie
May 29th, 2008 at 08:53am
Woot! one long afternoon in front of me *reclines* I'm going to finish my book, which I don't really want to do because I know a character's going to die and I don't want them to = Lame.

Since this is an international board I just thought i'd celebrate that i'm going out of Europe for the first time in my life. Smile My friends are booking a holiday for me to go to The Shiny USA in August. Yay! If you guys could just pass the word around and make everyone be nice to me, i'd appreciate it. Hehe.

MCR- Why my friends couldn't have chosen to go to the US when you were touring I can't guess. I'm thinking it's because they hate me. Smile Oh well. Love you guys and I can't wait to watch TBPID! I know it's going to be amazing, like a mini concert whenever I want. *sigh*
gazelles.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
gazelles.
May 29th, 2008 at 02:02pm
Nooo, this is not allowed to be at the bottom of the first page!

And yeah, I know, international shipping costs an arm and a leg. =/ As I live in Canada, anything we ship from the US is considered "international". One time, I ordered a pair of Converse shoes, and they charged me almost $60 in fees... which, of course, I didn't know until after I'd waited several weeks to finally get the shoes. Naturally, I then found out I ordered it in the men's size instead of the women's size, so they were huge and I had to send them back. >_> Never, ever again.

Can't wait for TBPID!. I have a countdown going (only 26 days), though I certainly wouldn't mind if it arrived a bit earlier. You know, we pre-orderers like early deliveries. Razz

Boys, my friend Kristen & I think you should go play a Beatles-style rooftop set at the protest against the Daily Mail. Just a thought. ;]
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
May 29th, 2008 at 04:00pm
Cool new G interview

FYI Thread: the LM shirts run VERY small; my medium looks like it would fit a six-year-old LOL

Speaking of LM:

Mrs.Halloween
Salute You in Your Grave
Mrs.Halloween
May 29th, 2008 at 05:05pm
awhh deb...you know just how to please me. xD.
i almost pissed myself when i saw that this morning.
i've replayed it at least ten times.
jesus, frank.
i honestly wish i could scream like that.

talking about shipping: $27 dollars to ship my latest s//c order, internationally!!
and maybe that doesn't seem like a lot [well, to me, who's broke all the time, it does!], but after the previous shipping on blue collar distro being a mere...well, i can't actually remember, it was around $10 anyways!
fuck me, dude; i could buy two shirts for that moolah!
as long as it gets to me some time soon...i shant be complaining any longer!
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
May 30th, 2008 at 07:18am
Canada should not be considered international. We are on the same continent. I don't even think they check IDs much at the border (I don't remember going though a checkpoint the one time I went, but it was a long time ago, now with heightened security you might have to) but seriously, it should not cost $20 to ship a box of candy (THANK YOU CJULES! YOU ROCK MY WORLD) or $60 for a pair of shoes. That's just insanity.

At least paying $30 to ship stuff to Loz, I'm paying for a trip over an ocean after all. But it's still nuts. I don't even want to think about how much it will be to send coffee mugs. Loz may just pick hers up when she's here. Maybe Karlie too. Hey, Karlie, you coming to FL when you're in the US?
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
May 30th, 2008 at 07:20am
Tabs,

I just wanted to thank you again -- you are amazing - I apologize that I have not yet sent what I promised. You are on my list for the weekend!
gazelles.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
gazelles.
May 30th, 2008 at 08:59am
Tabs, I totally agree! I've never understood why Canada has to be charged ridiculous amounts of shipping when all they're doing is shipping it across land, but who knows. >_> And yeah, you need a passport or ID + birth certificate to get across the border now.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
May 30th, 2008 at 10:05am
Way to go Frankie:

Green Faerie
Salute You in Your Grave
Green Faerie
May 30th, 2008 at 03:43pm
psychochip:
At least paying $30 to ship stuff to Loz, I'm paying for a trip over an ocean after all. But it's still nuts. I don't even want to think about how much it will be to send coffee mugs. Loz may just pick hers up when she's here. Maybe Karlie too. Hey, Karlie, you coming to FL when you're in the US?

That's the plan! Although the heat may just kill me. Smile I am looking forward to it alot. I get to leave Europe! Yay! It's going to one expensive holiday but one i've wanted to do my whole life.

Any woohoo to Frank! I voted a couple of weeks ago as soon as I realised it existed. I hope he wins. I'd be nearly as excited as when Ray won third place in Kerrangs sexiest poll last year. SmileSmile Frank is amazingly sexy though isn't he? *swoon* He is making me get a serious crush on guys with tattoos. Jamia is one lucky girl. Mr. Green
x..touching_hands..x
Really Not Okay
x..touching_hands..x
May 30th, 2008 at 05:16pm
Karlie you should let me know what dates you are going to be in FL, cause me and Tabitha are going to meet up, and it would be awesome to meet up with you too Very Happy

I'm so excited! This is my first holiday in ages too! I haven't even seen my family in Spain for a couple of years because I haven't been able to afford it...at this point, I'm very grateful to the Student Loan Company!
x..touching_hands..x
Really Not Okay
x..touching_hands..x
May 30th, 2008 at 05:16pm
Double post Embarassed

My Chem - I have made a beautiful sign that says 'I am not afraid to keep on living' on one side and S.O.P.H.I.E on the other...and I'm going to show the world how proud I am to be an MCR fan tomorrow.xxxxxx
Green Faerie
Salute You in Your Grave
Green Faerie
May 30th, 2008 at 05:26pm
x..touching_hands..x:
Karlie you should let me know what dates you are going to be in FL, cause me and Tabitha are going to meet up, and it would be awesome to meet up with you too Very Happy

I'm so excited! This is my first holiday in ages too! I haven't even seen my family in Spain for a couple of years because I haven't been able to afford it...at this point, I'm very grateful to the Student Loan Company!

Will do. Smile I think at the moment it's going to the first couple of weeks of August, although i'm not to sure yet. Will let you know.

Ahhh the SLC, I miss them... They did my little bank account so much good every four months. Smile

MCR: TBPID! is so close I can taste it. I got paid today, Yay! So I shall choose to spend as much as I can on lovely treats, whilst saving some for my first holiday in about 7 years!
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
May 30th, 2008 at 08:26pm
^^ Oh, we are so getting all of us together if you're both here at the same time. It sucks that I'll have to sit out of any rides you guys want to go on if we go to Disney (me + 3 are free, so write that out of your budgets, that's on me, but I'll still be on restrictions from the surgery in August. Cross your fingers that I might be able to do some light stuff, maybe not Rock-n-Roller Coaster, but some of the smaller, not so intense ones) but I'll still go and we'll have a blast!

I AM SOFA KING EXCITED ABOUT THIS YOU GUYS!! Both of you here at the same time? Holy shit but you have to come over and we'll get pizza and watch TBPID! on my giant teevee and jump around like crazy people!! Well, I won't be able to jump up and down quite yet by then, maybe I could just spin around in circles until I throw up. Maybe we could do up some margaritas or something. This is going to be so AWESOME!

However, ladies, I need to know the dates that you will be here so that I can request time off from work. So as soon as you know, please pass on the info.

I am so hosting a third TBPID! party and it's going to rock. My neighbor is going to hate me drowning out his shitty music three different times but fuck if I care. Think of it as I'm trying to inspire him to listen to better music.

Boys? Any chance any of you will be in Florida the first few weeks of August? Because you know you're all totally invited too if you want to come over and rock out with kick-ass fans. You can hang out and read comics if you want. (a girl can dream.....)