Don't have an account? Create one!

Gerard, Ray, Mikey, Frank and Bob, you have to read this

AuthorMessage
Innamorata
Awake and Unafraid
Innamorata
August 26th, 2007 at 09:48am
Gerard, get your shit in order. Then we'll talk. Wink

I also enjoy how in the title it has Gerard. Not MCR, yet Gerard. Woo.
art star.
Demolition Lover
art star.
August 26th, 2007 at 12:19pm
very true.
Alexface.
Salute You in Your Grave
Alexface.
August 26th, 2007 at 01:17pm
wouldn't it be cool if we sent these comments as a group, as fan mail all marked imnotokay.net to gerard or something? cos im sure he gets stacks of fan mail and theyre all the same: "gerard your hot" Gerard i love you" etc etc. but if all of these were sent together, it would be quite a nice surprise.
i mean, i know gerard probably doesnt get fan mail directly, but has someone else to read it, but hey. who else thinks that would be cool?
Cait.
Always Born a Crime
Cait.
August 26th, 2007 at 01:41pm
Beeblebrox:
I feel that whenever I post here, I always do it with the idea that should it ever be seen by any member of the band, I would feel ok with that. That anything I say here could not also be said to their faces. I think it keeps me level headed and honest.

Some people should take a leaf out of your book.

This is a nice thread Deb, I think it will help a lot of people.

Bre, I think the title has 'Gerard' in it based on the fact he's been getting the most shit from fans recently.
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
August 26th, 2007 at 01:49pm
I agree with the idea of this thread Deb and fully support all the comments you made.

In defence of PLOTB. Please remember NOT EVERYONE was bashing Gerard. There were a few people (a very few) who decided to try and sabotage the thread by posting and reposting and reposting their negative opinions.

Don't lump everyone into the same catergory....

for those of you not wishing to cause offense....

some taken.

Lulah
xoxo

oh and Gee, toothpaste is good for hickeys I hear Wink
Cait.
Always Born a Crime
Cait.
August 26th, 2007 at 01:59pm
Haaa. Yes, I think this is a wonderful thread, and those people you mentioned Lulah, are very welcome to post in here, like I said, I think this thread will help a lot of people, by getting everything off their chests and sharing with eachother their thoughts. So, we're sorry if it came across as 'lumping together' or accusing all PLOTBers, that was certainly not Deb's intention, I know that. This thread is for everybody who feels the same as Deb does.

I would like to give my input, but I think you guys have pretty much said it all. Wink
helena24
Fabulous Killjoy
helena24
August 26th, 2007 at 02:13pm
I agree with you 100% ^^
You're right tallulah, I'm not blaming everyone on the PLOTB thread and I'm sorry as well if it looked like it. I was actually pretty touched at how some people defend Gerard and the rest of the band over thereSmile
Faye Merci
Salute You in Your Grave
Faye Merci
August 26th, 2007 at 02:15pm
writerGrrl:
OMG I just thought of THE BEST idea! What if we were to add these into Draco Malfoy's project???

ha, the post i put in here is just a modified version of the letter i sent them. here's the original, though please, PLEASE do not steal anything from it:

"To My Heroes,

First of all, I would like to thank each and every one of you. Ray Toro, Frank Iero, Mikey Way, Bob Bryar, Gerard Way, and the crew. You're amazing, and an inspiration to all of your fans. Whether you sing or play an instrument, you're all equal when it comes to how grateful I am for finding you guys. You're all very beautiful and handsome human beings, and musical geniuses. You may not always have the highest opinion of yourself some days, and I want you to know that there are always people who will care about you. In your hardest and most difficult personal times, there will be a group of people who want you to feel better, even if we aren't a part of that close personal life.
We will always support you musically, and when you look out on the crowd as you play your shows, know that we're out there for you guys. If the least we can do is buy your cds and ruin our voices for a day to sing along to your music, then that's what we'll do, and I'll do it as long as I live. I'm not just supporting a band, I'm supporting the men who gave me my life back. I hope you know that when you feel alone, we're there for you guys to fall back on. You've supported us, helped us along. It may be cliche now to say that MCR saved my life, but it's true for many fans including myself. You stood there
and proclaimed that it was okay to be fucked up, that you would understand because you were just like us, and you saved us. And now we want you to know that we're ready to do the same, that we've got your back. Any time you feel like you're teetering on the edge of something horrible, we're waiting for you on the other side, no matter if you change your sound or your hair color or how you dress. The messenger isn't as
important as the message, but we hope you know that the message is there to save yourself too.

With all the love in my tiny black heart,

Madeleine Guy,
Dallas TX."
Faye Merci
Salute You in Your Grave
Faye Merci
August 26th, 2007 at 02:17pm
Innamorata:
Gerard, get your shit in order. Then we'll talk. Wink

yeah, i wish it was called MCR, you have to read this.

he doesn't own the band, or anything
Faye Merci
Salute You in Your Grave
Faye Merci
August 26th, 2007 at 02:18pm
Beeblebrox:
I feel that whenever I post here, I always do it with the idea that should it ever be seen by any member of the band, I would feel ok with that. That anything I say here could not also be said to their faces. I think it keeps me level headed and honest.

same here. i don't know who sees all of this stuff, so i support. just because it's on the internet doesn't mean you can get away with shit talking. so i write what i mean
pumpkinpiemuthafucka
Bleeding on the Floor
pumpkinpiemuthafucka
August 26th, 2007 at 02:21pm
personally i think even if they did get rid or PLOTB thread people would find another thread to rant on about their personal lives.
It gets annoying reading all the crap that goes on there sometimes,so i don`t bother with it now either.
helena24
Fabulous Killjoy
helena24
August 26th, 2007 at 02:21pm
That was beautiful Faye Merci, pretty much sums up my feelings for mcr.
Brain damage
Salute You in Your Grave
Brain damage
August 26th, 2007 at 02:30pm
Stewie.:
I was waiting for someone to say that! I dont even bother to attempt to go in the PLOTB Thread. It feels like everyone is against the band, and completely voilating their privacy. It's okay to know them to some extent, but when people are constantly following their every move and analysing them like a bunch of lab rats it isnt fair.

Nice one for saying that Deb.
x
kid from yesterday.
Bleeding on the Floor
kid from yesterday.
August 26th, 2007 at 02:34pm
Tallulah:
In defence of PLOTB. Please remember NOT EVERYONE was bashing Gerard. There were a few people (a very few) who decided to try and sabotage the thread by posting and reposting and reposting their hegative opinions.

Charity Burbage.:
[But I've to give recognition for those in the thread who actually backed the members up and defended them from the other weirdos - the ones who don't feel the need to jump on the gossip or I-hate-Gerard bandwaggon. They probably know who they are =) ].

Here's a personal thank you to all of the good 'uns then. Very Happy
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
August 26th, 2007 at 03:12pm
Happy Junkie:
that was certainly not Deb's intention, I know that. This thread is for everybody who feels the same as Deb does.
I agree with you Cait, and I think Deb was spot on correct for starting this thread, its what was needed after the fiasco of the last few weeks. My original comments were in no way directed at Deb. Besides, Deb is a legend. end of. Smile

It just makes me really sad that the reputation of a thread (and to a certain degree some of the posters there) has been tarnished because of the behaviour of some users. We all posted there happily for months, I made a great bunch of friends there. and now most people seem to look on the regular posters there as being obsessive weirdos because we wanted to know more about the people who created the music we all love.

These last few weeks have been the black days of the PLOTB thread. It was never a thread to bash band members. It makes me very sad that so many people here seem to think that that was the intention.Sad
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
August 26th, 2007 at 04:19pm
Innamorata:

It has that title because that's the title I copied from Cemetery Drive. It has that title because Gerard is the main one getting bashed to shit right now. But since that comment has been made a couple of times in here, I will try and change it to Gerard, Frank, Ray, Mikey, Bob, you have to read this, if I am able to do so. EDIT: DONE! Thanks for that feedback, you guys Wink

And Liv, I never meant to imply that there weren't sane posters on the PLOTB (that's why I said I'd made friends there - to give a shout-out to all the good ones; HUGS)
Morgaine.
Jazz Hands
Morgaine.
August 26th, 2007 at 04:36pm
BRAVO! for this thread! I love MCR (as a unit) so much and was very dissapointed with the turn the PLOTB thred took lately... I don't post much but am proud to say I never posted anything ugly and negative, it did get tiresome for me to read a precious few defending Gerard to the last - good on you guys - it is a FANsite after all! I wake up with an MCR song in my head every day and no I am not exagerating.. I still listen to all 3 albums all the time in my car - never has that happened with a band before.

I guess I just want to express my appreciation for this band and all the amazing people who keep bringing us amazing music and great shows and inspiring me every day to be who I am and not be afraid to speak my mind and help others whenever I can. LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
August 26th, 2007 at 04:37pm
Ba-bump
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
August 26th, 2007 at 04:41pm
keve'sLadyofSorrows:

And Liv, I never meant to imply that there weren't sane posters on the PLOTB (that's why I said I'd made friends there - to give a shout-out to all the good ones; HUGS)

I know you didnt Deb, my comments were never directed at you, we all became good friends there, it wasn't such a bad place, we know that better than anyone.

My comments were at the people who had only picked up the thread in the last few weeks. I hate being judged based on the actions of a few people.

Deb, thanks for making this thread. It was what was needed.

*much love*
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
August 26th, 2007 at 06:07pm
Bumpity bump bump bump bump