Don't have an account? Create one!

Gerard, Ray, Mikey, Frank and Bob, you have to read this

AuthorMessage
gazelles.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
gazelles.
June 5th, 2008 at 02:29pm
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEB! Very Happy
Have an amazing time at the tribute show, and be sure to tell us all about it afterwards!

Boys, thank you for bringing so many wonderful people together (everyone in this thread, for instance) and inspiring them to do something. The bad ones will fade away soon enough, and then you'll just be left with the true fans -- not the people who have been there the longest, but the ones who care the most. You will always be remembered by those who you have helped, even when you're gone.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
June 5th, 2008 at 03:13pm
TY Julia! hug
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
June 5th, 2008 at 09:29pm
Deb, I hope your birthday was as lovely and wonderful as you are. You deserve it.

Boys: here's to a long-ass summer and me only getting to listen to you in the car. *sigh* TBPID! can't get here fast enough. It's the brightest part of the summer, besides my birthday. Thank you for giving me something to look forward to with such joy.
porcelinajune
Bleeding on the Floor
porcelinajune
June 5th, 2008 at 11:56pm
Hey Deb, hope you had an awesome birthday!!!!

Hope everyone else is doing good as well.

In case ya'll didn't see, Frank posted a new message on the Skelton Crew boards and hinted at a LM tour very very soon. Super excited and willing to travel if need be.

MCR: Thanks for making my heart smile every single day!
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
June 6th, 2008 at 06:32am
Thanks Tab and Porcelina hug and yep, saw it Very Happy
gazelles.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
gazelles.
June 6th, 2008 at 09:09am
I am so bloody excited for the Leathermouth tour! Thanks alot, Frank; now I'm all impatient. x] Just kidding, just kidding, but if you could announce it soon that would fucking ownn. I'm willing to travel too (provided my mother lets me, grrr >_>Wink, so pleeasseee don't play shows I can go to while I'm on vacation? I'm already missing MSI because of that, and I would hate to miss Leathermouth as well. By the way, expect to see me at a Reggie and the Full Effect show, and not just because you're there (though that's certainly part of it, hahah; not gonna deny it). I can't believe I never listened to them before -- they kick ass! Major kudos, Mr Dewees. You have an awesome band / solo project.
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
June 7th, 2008 at 10:07am
Page 2 guys!

Jules, thanks for working with me, we're connected here and MySpace. Just note, I don't do much on MySpace that often. I opened the page to keep in touch with Hero comic artists, the other board members, and our supporters, and such and I've only gotten around to adding 2. The other friends I have are pretty much all from here. Yeah, I'm lazy like that.

Speaking of lazy -- it's 10:30 and I just woke up. That is huge for me because I *never* sleep past 8. This last week, with the last day of school and so closing out my program and opening up my camp, has been brutal. I feel like I've been beaten with a baseball bat. But we're headed for "The Hollywood Studios" (it's offically been renamed from The Disney/MGM Studios) today with dinner at one of my favorite restaurants, the 50s Prime Time Cafe, as a nice "yay, you made it through the school year without killing anyone or setting anything on fire" party. So that's a good thing.

Frankie -- if you *do* the Leathermouth tour, please don't skip Florida *coughtlikeMCRdidcough*. I mean, I don't mind going to shows a thousand miles away, but I just did that, and don't really have the funds to do it again. And you guys can totally crash here if it's a budget thing. I've got like 3 couches and an air mattress. I don't even offer to let my family stay here (mainly because they would steal my shit), so that's like, an epic offer just there, just so you know. Send me a list, I'll have to get some veggie food from Publix, but it's no hassle. Really. lmfao
gazelles.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
gazelles.
June 7th, 2008 at 07:01pm
Frankie, please stop posting bulletins about the Leathermouth tour which has not been announced yet, everytime I see one I'm like "Cheese", and then I look at it and it's just linking me back to the message from you. I mean, geez. Not cool, man! I keep getting excited over nothing. Anyways, please announce it soon? And pretty pretty prettyyyy please don't play a show that I can go to while I'm on vacation (or you could like, swing through Vegas at any point from the 26th - 28th of June; that'd be cool). Razz I really want to see you guys! Reggie needs to announce his dates too.
This was totally NOT bump.
SATANS LIL HELPER!
Killjoy
SATANS LIL HELPER!
June 7th, 2008 at 07:17pm
so true
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
June 8th, 2008 at 08:14pm
So we went out yesterday, to the Studios for dinner and to hang out for a while. The parking lot was CRAMMED and we were like, what's going on? The Studios is never this full. So on the tram I looked over and saw like 10 of those Scions (the "toasters" ) all with "501st Leigon -- Vader's Fist!" all over them and we were like, shit, it's Star Wars Weekends! It's nuts on SWW. But we were determined to go and have a good time, so we stayed. Besides, I love the 501st. They're great people and do a lot of good. I know a few and am always impressed with what they do.

As we're walking down the main throughfare we stopped to look at the Times Guide to see when the shows were playing, and this lady with a thick southern drawl says, "I wouldn't go in there if I were you. It's disgusting. The last day that we're here and we have to be exposed to this shit. I'm getting my money back, I don't want my kid around those sickos." Hubs and I exchange glances because we're completely confused -- I mean, I know people can get kinda crazy with their Star Wars obsessions, but none of it's offensive. We brushed it off as her being insane and started walking towards the Tower of Terror -- and suddenly it dawns on us again as about 50 young men in red tank tops walk by -- Gay Days! Hubs and I just bust out laughing. Of course, neither of us care about Gay Days, it doesn't bother us in the slightest, but then we started enjoying watching all the closed-minded bigots all uncomfortable because there were so many gay people there. It was spectacular.

To tie this into the thread as to not be spam -- I was wearing an MCR shirt. We were standing in line for Rock-n-Roller Coaster and there were a few gay couples about 10 people up from us, one couple of which kissed. Not like all tongue and rude, but a little love peck, nothing more or less than any straight couple would do and no one would even notice. This lady in front of us turns to us and says, "Doesn't that just make you sick?" and I said, "No, not really." She looked at my shirt and said, "Oh, well of course not. You listen to fag music! It's sinful! You all will burn in hell!" I just shook my head and hubs butts in with a "See you there!" (Yay for hubs!) Intolerance is alive and well, sadly. I was quite proud to have my MCR shirt on that day, being that they are so outspoken about tolerance. It fit rather nicely, I must say.
gazelles.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
gazelles.
June 8th, 2008 at 09:59pm
Tabs, that's terrible (about the close-minded bigots, I mean). I hate the amount of intolerance in this world, particularly when it comes to sexuality. I just don't understand how people can hate someone over something that's not in that person's control. It's just so... gah, close minded and stupid. In the words of a certain Mr. Iero: Homophobia is gay. I love how outspoken all the guys are over issues like this.

I can't believe that lady called it "fag music". That's just so disrespectful. I'm loving what your husband said to her, though. x]
Stewie G. Griffin
Motor Baby
Stewie G. Griffin
June 9th, 2008 at 04:35am
Gerard,

I know this may be a long shot, but d'you fancy coming over to Blighty with your Missus in July for the Roundhouse gig? I'd love to see you at the side of the stage cheering her on! It would make my anniversary present that much better.
You can bring the rest of the guys too! Like one big group holiday; that is if Frank isnt doing the Love Cats or Leathermouth tours.
But anyway...think about it. Very Happy

xoxo Nat.
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
June 9th, 2008 at 09:57am
Good Morning,

Tabs, you are a kinder person than I! I would have smacked her back to Arkansas!

Frankie - I want a Love Cats CD and I love the architects!
x..touching_hands..x
Really Not Okay
x..touching_hands..x
June 9th, 2008 at 03:00pm
What a bigoted fool! I'm so glad that your hubby said what he did though, that was a nice touch. It's times like that when I'm prouder to be an MCR fan than ever. Fag music? Well fags, gays, dykes, bummers...you're all fine by me!

I had a Christian (I've nothing against them in general) tell me the other day that I was to blame for my mother's cancer and my sister's illness because they had embraced my 'goth lifestyle' in their home and I had brought spiritual darkness. The worst thing though, is that woman had children...*shudder*...

It's truly awful how ignorant some people can be.

Deb...tell me this quote from the Kerrang website belongs to you! It's had me in stitches all day! "While we're on the subject though, why don't you define for me what "emo" is in your mind, since you like to use the word as a weapon, and then tell me what the "dangers of emo" are? Is it the danger of being accidentally suspended from the barricade by one's studded belt? The danger of being poked in the eye by one's hair fringe?" That is you, right?
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
June 9th, 2008 at 06:27pm
x..touching_hands..x:
I had a Christian (I've nothing against them in general) tell me the other day that I was to blame for my mother's cancer and my sister's illness because they had embraced my 'goth lifestyle' in their home and I had brought spiritual darkness. The worst thing though, is that woman had children...*shudder*...

As a Christian, I will tell you that if I weren't so retardedly anal-retentive about my car (don't *even* get me started on the motherfucker that ripped off my hood ornament, speaking of burning in hell, because that person will, and I will pay to get front row seats to kick him in the nuts for a century or five), I would get one of those "Jesus, Save Me From Your Followers" bumper stickers and put it right next to this "Coexist" bumper sticker. The thing I hate the most about my faith is that, for all that we are supposed to live to "love one another" we do a lot of condemning and hating and fingerpointing and so on. I'm a big fan of the "let it be" school of thought, which my Wiccan friend pointed out is similar to her own "Be that it harm none, do as thou wilt" and I also like the Golden Rule, which is similar to "Whatever you do comes back to you threefold." Basically I just follow my own heart and leave it all up to God (or whoever) to sort out at the end.

Although I did have to explain karma to a kid today...God help me if his mom is a Jesus-freak Christian since I explained it more on the worldly level rather than the spiritual. Meh. I feel like as long as I can get the boys to put the seat down, the girls to love themselves as they are, and *all* of them know that there's more than just pop music in the world and that Han shot first, I feel like I've done something good for the future. Gotta train them young --- those little bastards will be working in my nursing home and paying into my Social Security.

To tolerance, respect, and nails in the tires of the wanker who ripped off my Honda logo.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
June 9th, 2008 at 11:15pm
x..touching_hands..x:
Deb...tell me this quote from the Kerrang website belongs to you! It's had me in stitches all day! "While we're on the subject though, why don't you define for me what "emo" is in your mind, since you like to use the word as a weapon, and then tell me what the "dangers of emo" are? Is it the danger of being accidentally suspended from the barricade by one's studded belt? The danger of being poked in the Crying or Very sadeye by one's hair fringe?" That is you, right?

ahaha yep guilty as charged

x..touching_hands..x:
I had a "Christian" tell me the other day that I was to blame for my mother's cancer and my sister's illness because they had embraced my 'goth lifestyle' in their home and I had brought spiritual darkness.

Crying or Very sad Lauryn - that evil little Godless bitch! I'd like to shove her head into a vat of holy water. How fucking DARE she? That sounds like one of those fuckers who were planning on informing Heath Ledger's father at the man's funeral that his son was going to fry for a movie role. What would Jesus do? He'd duck as the rocks were being tossed at your head, you soulless asshole[/endrant] Sorry for that Tongue
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
June 10th, 2008 at 01:15pm
bump <whistles, saunters off>
gazelles.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
gazelles.
June 10th, 2008 at 02:02pm
x..touching_hands..x:

I can't believe some people. Even if she thinks that, which is beyond our control, it is just absolutely and unequivocally rude to say so out loud. Though how anybody could think that at all is completely beyond me...

Boys, thank you for sending out a positive message out to the world that contradicts close-minded people like that lady. If everybody was more accepting of others different from themselves, the world would be a much nicer place.
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
June 10th, 2008 at 09:04pm
Oh, please, do *not* get me started on the kinds of people who have kids nowdays. I could give a litany of parental slights. I'm not going to clutter or spam, but I have a couple kids in camp now that I could use as shining examples of why people should be licensed to breed.

Jules and Mandy -- I am crafting replies, I am a crafty motherf'er just like the Wentz, only without the money and fancy hair. My personal time is down to like an hour a day for this week and next, so I promise I'll get to you soon. Give me a few days. Till then, I do love you both and thank you for being patient and understanding.

Boys -- it's been a rough couple of days and I am not kidding in the slightest when I say that my 30 minute sanity break (it's so insane I can't even take a full hour just now) is me and you in the backseat of my car. Naughty (Sorry -- I had to, it was too easy!) Seriously, I hide in my car and put my iPod on anything from Revenge, or Disenchanted/FLW/Heaven Help Us, and literally feel the stress leaving me. It's the best part of my day. Although jumping in the pool today was a close second....Very Happy Thank you for helping to keep me focused and sane.
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
June 10th, 2008 at 10:45pm
We love you buddy - no worries!

Hey Guys,

Sorry to hear about the Bled - because of you, I sent them $20.00!