Don't have an account? Create one!

Gerard, Ray, Mikey, Frank and Bob, you have to read this

AuthorMessage
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
June 1st, 2008 at 01:01pm
Green Faerie:
Tab as soon as I know dates i'll give them to you. Although my friends may give me very strange looks indeed when I first suggest that I wanna meet up with some fellow MCR fans off the internet. Lmao. Definately sounds like fun though.

Hubs said something along those lines when I called him from Chicago and told him about meeting up with Michele at the concert. He was like, "you're meeting up with people you met on the internet? Am I going to have to come up there and ID your body?" Hee. But Michele was fabulous, and I can't wait to meet you guys in August!!

So I had posted this in another area, because I am fed right the fuck up with all the negativity towards Anni and everyone who got the protest running.

psychochip:
And I think that it has been established that the point is, if you think people should march for a "more important" reason (AIDS, violence, racism, poverty, keeping the McGriddle Laughing ) then by all means get off your tushie and put together a march for it. Don't sit around telling others what to march for. If those causes are as important to you as this cause was to these girls, talk to them and get some how-to's because they just pulled off one hell of a great protest.

Look at how divided we are against our own. How quick we are to judge others and tell them that they aren't good enough -- that their ideas are misguided and not important enough, that they are young and immature for reacting in a perfectly legal way against something they feel strongly about. And just remember, when you put together your own march against whatever cause, a thousand people are going to tell you that you should have marched for something that *they* think is more important than your cause. Would you want all those people telling you that you are wrong and that your cause is not important? Or would you want them to encourage you and hope for the best for you and support you because at least you did *something*?

They just made a difference. Their voices were just heard by millions.

It makes me feel small, knowing I've never done anything that impactful.

What are you going to do now? Continue to berate them? Or get off your butt and do something? Or maybe, just maybe, you can at least just see the good that they did, and be happy for them, instead of trying to cut them down for what they *didn't* do. Because they just did more than any of us ever did -- and for that, I am insanely, amazingly proud of them.

So, in a nutshell: Your cause is better than theirs? Go do your own damn protest then, and STFU about the Daily Mail protest.
Little Miss Mental
Bleeding on the Floor
Little Miss Mental
June 1st, 2008 at 01:28pm
This was a good thing to say, and I really hope he COULD see it, all of them because what you said here was and IS true. Everything about them is said right here, they shouldn't be followed and stalked, it most likely drives them insane!! They are humans, they need space and tme to think without someone coming up to them and asking for a autograph...gosh, feelings simply can't be expressed in word alone, but this is one time is a time where tht rule is broken.
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
June 1st, 2008 at 01:28pm
I've met some my best friends on the internet. Tabs- your package is set for mail tomorrow.......
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
June 1st, 2008 at 02:25pm
^^ As have I. Presents YAY! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Oh, and BTW -- I officially reordered the mugs. Patrick (at my CBS) was like, 5 coffee mugs? That's a lot of coffee. I explained that they weren't all for me, and he said, yeah, sure....

So as soon as I get them, Deb and Jules and CJules, they'll be on their way to you. Loz and Karlie, I will probably give you yours when you are here to save $60 in postage. *kisses*
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
June 1st, 2008 at 03:17pm
psychochip:
And I think that it has been established that the point is, if you think people should march for a "more important" reason (AIDS, violence, racism, poverty, keeping the McGriddle Laughing ) then by all means get off your tushie and put together a march for it. Don't sit around telling others what to march for.
WIN!!! ILY Tabs In Love

wickedjulesesq:
I've met some my best friends on the internet.
psychochip:
As have I.

I have met ALL of my closest friends on the internet, including my best friend now and the one before her. If I didn't meet them there, I met them on line at shows.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
June 2nd, 2008 at 10:14am
bump - don't let the happy thread drop off the front page, you guys! Sad
Green Faerie
Salute You in Your Grave
Green Faerie
June 2nd, 2008 at 11:39am
psychochip:
So as soon as I get them, Deb and Jules and CJules, they'll be on their way to you. Loz and Karlie, I will probably give you yours when you are here to save $60 in postage. *kisses*

Yay! Mug! Hehe. Now at least I can explain to me friends the normalcy and importance of meeting up with someone off the internet to receive a coffee mug. Mr. Green I told them that I wanted to meet up with someone when I got with Florida, they assumed a guy and panicked, Lol. I love my friends alot, but they can be quite dense sometimes.

Hope everyone is having a nice day. I just watched Enchanted and think I tend to approach life the same way Giselle does when she first hits NY. I can totally see my tiara getting stolen by a not very nice old man. I'm still waiting for those around me to burst into song though... Ooh just got a Once more with feeling flashback. Sorry for my randomness!

MCR- I am really really curious about what kind of music the next album will contain. So if you can just record your thoughts and publish them i'd really appreciate it. Smile It doesn't even matter if they're as jumbled as mine are...
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
June 2nd, 2008 at 12:46pm
psychochip:
So as soon as I get them, Deb and Jules and CJules, they'll be on their way to you.
Yay - I can't wait!!!!
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
June 2nd, 2008 at 07:19pm
Hee. I was all like, fuck you Patrick, just order the damn mugs. And while you're at it, add all the Batman RIP tie-ins to my sub. Bitch. Very Happy

(this wasn't a bump. really it wasn't.)
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
June 3rd, 2008 at 07:33am
Good Morning! Hope everyone is well today..

Frank,

I think the Love Cats need to do a mini tour.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
June 3rd, 2008 at 02:15pm
^ ahaha they're referring to them as "newly formed" so...
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
June 3rd, 2008 at 03:24pm
hehehehe

So Guys,

Today my law partner and I realized we have listend to the Black Parade cd or a portion there of every day we have been in the office since we started our firm. It seems to heal all wounds, cure all ills and provide a backdrop for celebrations. Thanks!
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
June 4th, 2008 at 12:18am
^ Fucking rad!
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
June 4th, 2008 at 09:04am
When Trace and I went into business together, she didn't know who they were, so we schooled her. She has now gone to 3 shows, found the way to MSI and can name band members. Made me laugh, because she is a die hard Cheap Trick fan who followed them for many years and once "dated" the lead singer of I think White Snake.

She really likes TBP, trying hard to get her more into Bullets, whaddya gonna do.

Deb, I sent you the full story - still makes me squimish.
Morgaine.
Jazz Hands
Morgaine.
June 4th, 2008 at 02:53pm
Hey guys and gals!

Sorry been busy... and only now heard about the delay in TBPID shipping..... AAAGHHH *headdesk* okay okay so its only one week but Ive been counting the hours! Suppose I will have to watch LOTMS just a few more times ..... I miss you boys but I trust you are enjoying your time to yourselves!!!!!
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
June 5th, 2008 at 12:42am
Morgaine you've been missed - good to see you Smile

Frank I'll see YOU on Saturday Wink
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
June 5th, 2008 at 06:42am
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE DEBSTER! Many happy returns of the day, love.

Oh, I'm so jealous. I assume you're going to the tribute band show? I loved the Cure.

Frankie, knock her socks off!
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
June 5th, 2008 at 07:34am
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEB!

Guys,

I owe you one for allowing me to meet Deb. She is truly an example of someone being positive and giving something back. Individuals like Deb make this world a better place. Thank you for creating an environment that allows for the opportunity to meet good people doing better things!
Stewie G. Griffin
Motor Baby
Stewie G. Griffin
June 5th, 2008 at 08:00am
To Deb, a beautiful friend, surrogate mother, advice giver, MCR advocate, fantabulous writer, MCR Yoda, et al...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
<sings Monroeville stead of the Birthday song>

I heart you, and I hope you have a great day, whatever you get up to.
xoxo Nat Very Happy
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
June 5th, 2008 at 09:28am
Tab, Jules and Nat; you just made me cry. ILY guys so much. Thank you - those were the nicest birthday wishes I've ever received.

I am just doing a nice dinner with the fam - I am throwing myself a party next weekend (it would've been this weekend but I had two back-to-back shows to hit up instead.)

I want to return the sentiment: MCR, the year and a half since I discovered you has truly been one of the best years of my life. You are an amazing band and five of the most intelligent and caring guys ever to have graced the music scene. You inspire your fans - you make us want to pick our heads up in the morning with a smile and give the good stuff back to the world.

The current fanbase is peppered with loons, there is no doubt, but all I need to do is come to this board, and this thread in particular, to be reminded that there are also some of the finest human beings ever to walk the earth following you guys. I have made so many unique (in a good way) amazing and valuable friends here. I met my best friend here. Thank you, thank you, a million times thank you, and it's why we give so much back to you.

ILY MCR, and ILY thread!!!! xoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoox Deb