Don't have an account? Create one!

Do u ever feel ashamed to admit MCR is ur fave band?

AuthorMessage
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
August 21st, 2009 at 10:38pm
Death Before Disco.:
"Do u ever feel ashamed to admit MCR is ur fave band?"

Never, but I'm ashamed that this is even a topic.

ps. learn to spell.
this thread was made 2 years ago. the OP hasn't been on in a year.
a touch of anarchy.
Shotgun Sinner
a touch of anarchy.
August 22nd, 2009 at 12:14pm
Yes, I am sometimes.
Plague Rat
Jazz Hands
Plague Rat
August 23rd, 2009 at 06:13am
Nope... : ]
Ronnie Radke
Killjoy
Ronnie Radke
August 23rd, 2009 at 12:42pm
No, not ashamed. Just sometimes I don't say I like them because it's not worth the hassle of what others say. Like, if I casually bring up I like them you get either, "OMG, they're so emo! Why do you listen to them?" or, "My Chem? Psh, you are SUCH a poseur." And my god, I just get tired of trying to defend them. But usually, I just laugh at whoever tries to insult. It's liuke they think I give a rats ass at what they have to say.
Skywalker
Salute You in Your Grave
Skywalker
August 25th, 2009 at 04:48am
Never Smile
squishy216
Killjoy
squishy216
August 26th, 2009 at 02:12am
With what they've helped me get through in my life, I'll never be afraid to admit that they're my favorite band. I gotten remarks like "omg they suck they should go kill themselves" and "they're music makes me want to kill myself" or other things like that, but I just shrug it off and say "hey, they don't have to be your favorite band, but they're mine."
Stupidsadistic;
Bleeding on the Floor
Stupidsadistic;
August 29th, 2009 at 04:27am
I've never been ashamed. Even when everyone I knew 'got
over' them I was like "Hey, fuck you. I'm not going to forget everything they've
done for me just because your sorry ass is embarrassed." So I own my nine
My Chemical Romance t-shirts & it's well known how much they mean to me.
To be honest, I think people have become a little afraid to talk shit about them
around me, much less to me. Good. Because honestly, they don't know shit
about what who they're talking of.

Proud My Chem Fan I am indeed.

My answer to "Why do they mean so much to you?" has never changed. It's always the same ol'
"Because they're my heroes."
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
August 29th, 2009 at 10:06am
IN PUBLIC:
It will, sometimes, because I dont want people to think that i'm just a teenie.
It takes to long to explain how much they mean to me, so I hardly ever give a reason, if anyone would ask.

Regardless, in society, full of posers, because im a teenage girl - there for, I only listen to MCR becuase their "hawwttt" -_-

Otherwise, if you know me - i'm very proud.

Contradictory though, I tend to wear tons of MCR merch and have a lot of school supplies with MCR on it.

I'm awfully weird.
FlatlineFlava
Fabulous Killjoy
FlatlineFlava
August 31st, 2011 at 12:46pm
No!! alot of people ask me who's mah fave band I go MCR. without a doubt. If they make fun of me (or get physical) I go "then u can go fuck urselves. I don't give a damn if u hate 'em. cuz I LOVE 'EM"
then go lmfao Twisted Evil then walk away
FlatlineFlava
Fabulous Killjoy
FlatlineFlava
August 31st, 2011 at 12:48pm
Michael Way.:
IN PUBLIC:
It will, sometimes, because I dont want people to think that i'm just a teenie.
It takes to long to explain how much they mean to me, so I hardly ever give a reason, if anyone would ask.

Regardless, in society, full of posers, because im a teenage girl - there for, I only listen to MCR becuase their "hawwttt" -_-

Otherwise, if you know me - i'm very proud.

Contradictory though, I tend to wear tons of MCR merch and have a lot of school supplies with MCR on it.

I'm awfully weird.

hey. weird is good. weird is really good.
Day Of The Dead
Salute You in Your Grave
Day Of The Dead
August 31st, 2011 at 02:27pm
I get a little uneasy and paranoid because I'm just a very paranoid person, but then I just think each to their own and if the person doesn't like it, they can suck it up!

No one had to agree they are good, people can call me an 'emo' or a 'teenie' but that's their opinion, and quite frankly, one I don't give a toss about Smile
cricket.
Patron Saint of Switchblade Fights
cricket.
August 31st, 2011 at 02:38pm

^^ this.

I love MCR for their music. I really do. Although everyone I've talked to on INO seems really cool and chill, people offline just tend to associate them with emo kids and overzealous teenies. I'm not in High School anymore, and I dress nothing like an emo kid, so it always surprises people when they find out I like them. Rolling Eyes

I have to admit though, when I get asked offline about my favorite band, I usually default to something else that gets a less negative reaction. Most of the time I don't want to deal with it offline; I can write/type a lot better than I can speak.
mar0o0ha
Bleeding on the Floor
mar0o0ha
August 31st, 2011 at 04:27pm
No way i will Never ever feel ashame i think every person should act as what he want to nevermind what the others want or expect we should never do something we hate just because someone would hate it
for me i do every thing i want never mind the others it's Me they should believe that they cant change me a bit I LOVE MCR
ShatteringFast
Killjoy
ShatteringFast
September 12th, 2011 at 07:44am
My general taste in music draws me to very pretentious crowds of music lovers. The Smashing Pumpkins, Nine Inch Nails and Porcupine Tree are probably my favorite artists, and the fanbases of those respective artists are full of snobs.

I never feel ashamed. I know what I hate, I know what I love when it comes to music. In fact, I openly talk about it all the time, no matter the artist(s). Usually when I mention MCR as being a very good and underrated band, I get glares and people telling me, "...dude...they're frickin gay..." Always ends with me defending the band and the person walking away saying, "Ok, ok, ok."

Annoying how closed-minded people can be. Many haters of this band are bandwagon jumpers who believe that judging a band by their singles only is a proper way to understand an artist. I'll be honest (and no offense towards those who love these songs), but I think that 'I'm Not Okay', 'Teenagers', 'Welcome To The Black Parade' and 'NaNaNa' are pretty awful songs. Unfortunately, almost every casual music listener knows of MCR through 'I'm Not Okay' or 'WTTBP', and that certainly is not a direct representation of what the artist is capable of. Most don't even listen to songs like 'Mama', 'The Jetset Life Is Gonna Kill You', 'This Is How I Disappear' or 'Our Lady Of Sorrows' before making their conclusion.
Finnick Odair
In the Cannibal Glow
Finnick Odair
September 15th, 2011 at 10:18am
People here can be very judgemental about your music taste, which I personally don't understand. What music you listen to doesn't define what kind of a person you are. But I normally don't talk about MCR with other people offline because it's a really personal thing for me. I don't really know why.
pitchforkred
Killjoy
pitchforkred
September 16th, 2011 at 10:31am
Not at all. I am actually very open about it.Most people would just say "yeah, they're good" but its like "No, they're not just GOOD, this band changed me".

But most people wouldn't ever think of me being a My Chem fan. I am really girly. So they are kind of surprised.
I have a Facbook banner of them too! haha
cyanide_zero
Killjoy
cyanide_zero
October 7th, 2011 at 08:30pm
No, never. Maybe if i was younger i may do, but i'm too old to give a damn anymore. Im a guy, 38 and straight but doesn't bother me if people think i'm gay. I find it funny actually, I like to be ambiguous to see peoples reactions.

I get some funny looks, though maybe i'm paranoid, and all kinds of weird comments about what the band are. I actually like people being shocked and/or disgusted in my choice of music. I feel like ok youre just confirming everything i already know... you're judgmental, insecure and arrogant and just listen to music you think makes you look cool, and i listen to music i like and am confident enough to not care what people think.

I just get a bit paranoid people look at me and think "oh he probably just likes the black parade cos it's more erm traditional rock"... cos i love all the albums. and they were my fav band before the black parade ever even existed.

And i don't really listen to classic rock... my other fav bands are the blackout, avenged sevenfold, bullet for my valentine, papa roach.

I dunno, maybe it's just in my head and nobody ever thinks that!
SevenShadesOfShit
Killjoy
SevenShadesOfShit
October 11th, 2011 at 07:31am
I have no life so I'm just raping all the topics on here.. >_>
Anyways, no, I never and will never feel ashamed of saying that I love MCR to death. But I can see why some would.
The metalheads call it fag music and the beliebers call it emo, and I couldn't give less of a fuck! Cause I know that they save lives and are wonderful guys, so what people say about them is uninteresting and boring to me, quite frankly.
When people say they hate MCR it actually makes me smile, becuase it makes me happy to know that I am nothing like them, and it makes me feel a little special ^^
summertime
Fabulous Killjoy
summertime
October 11th, 2011 at 12:32pm
I used to, because most kids are real snobs about MCR, and the ones who aren't all "Omg but they're so emo and gay" have only heard Teenagers and don't understand how the band can actually change people. Now I just find it amusing when people laugh at me for liking them, because when I ask them what they listen to it's always chart shit (at least I have some individuality!) Anyway, I've gotten to a point in my life where I don't care what people think - the only people who matter to me are like-minded. And like MCR say, what's the point of trying to be cool? Smile
SevenShadesOfShit
Killjoy
SevenShadesOfShit
October 11th, 2011 at 05:50pm
That's just it though, there is no point ^^
"I almost hate everything that's cool. I never wanna be cool" - Our dearest redhead