Don't have an account? Create one!

Do u ever feel ashamed to admit MCR is ur fave band?

AuthorMessage
Jenny.
Jenny.
October 22nd, 2007 at 02:13pm
no, never

if they wanna label me emo,then they're just twats and they don't deserve me giving a shit about them.
Lifeisbutadream1993
Killjoy
Lifeisbutadream1993
October 23rd, 2007 at 12:09am
I'm not ashamed but I'm a very shy person, so if someone in class asks my what my favorite band is I say I don't have one because I'm scared of people's reactions. I'd rather not have twenty other kids yelling "EMO" at me. And no, I don't think MCR is emo, but other people seem to. So, even though it feels like you're turning your back on your favorite band, I know that I love them.
takezo kenzei.
Awake and Unafraid
takezo kenzei.
October 23rd, 2007 at 10:12am
I say that I love them and that they are the best band I know, but sometimes when I say it, people get that " ohh, what a surprise"-look and I hate it, i admitt. but people have to stop judging you by the music you listen to!
cause the first thing people say to me when i say MCR, they just " Oh, EMO".

Gosh.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
October 24th, 2007 at 10:39pm
Well let's see:

I have a Gerard sticker on the BACK of my phone, infinite MCR screensavers which I interchange on the FRONT of it; every computer I use sports an MCR screensaver, I generally walk around with an MCR hoodie on, Virgin can log my purchases there as being 98 percent MCR related, and I talk about them on average about every 9 seconds, so I'm gonna have to go with "No" LMAO
melancholy_duck
Fabulous Killjoy
melancholy_duck
October 24th, 2007 at 10:45pm
im never ashamed of it, i do get bullied because of it but im just proud to not have become a sheep like the rest of modern society my age. so hell no.
Sid
Salute You in Your Grave
Sid
October 24th, 2007 at 10:55pm
I'm never ashamed to admit it but I usually get raised eyebrows followed by 'Oh I thought you were more hardcore than those pussies,'.

And I'm like...STFU
paisleygrl
Killjoy
paisleygrl
October 24th, 2007 at 11:55pm
I'm NOT ashamed! Cause I love them...they are the BEST thing EVER! When I started listening to them I first loved it...now....I CAN"T LIVE WITHOUT THEM!!!!! So kiss my ass stupid cheves 2 Guns
LostMyFear_ofFalling
Joining The Black Parade
LostMyFear_ofFalling
October 28th, 2007 at 07:35am
I'm definitely never ashamed to tell people I love MCR. I just get really angry when they immediately label me as emo, or the music as emo, or call me a poser just because I don't really dress "emo" so how could I possibly like that band?
Murderscene.
Fabulous Killjoy
Murderscene.
October 28th, 2007 at 11:33am
nope,no way!
the reactions i get from people are kinda dissapointing though:
1) "omgg ewww emo much"
2) "like omgg they're my favourite band gerald is sooo hawt"

i basically never get a "oh cool me too" answer *sigh*
blablabla12345667
Salute You in Your Grave
blablabla12345667
October 28th, 2007 at 11:44am
No!! Heck no!!
Nobody asks anyway. [but then, it's pretty obvious].

Would you be ashamed to admit you sleep in a bed? Would you be ashamed to admit you know how to eat? Would you be ashamed to admit you have been/go to school? Would I be ashamed to admit MCR are my favourite band? It's a fact of life Very HappyVery Happy

I don't care if people look at me and think I'm a teenie [well...nah stuff them]. I don't care if people think I'm emo. I don't care about anyone who thinks they have to label me for sticking by my favourite band.

Short rant over Very HappyVery Happy
S-I-N I S-I-N
Fabulous Killjoy
S-I-N I S-I-N
October 29th, 2007 at 01:19am
No...
I'm proud to admit I'm a fan.
the sharpest lives.
Shotgun Sinner
the sharpest lives.
October 29th, 2007 at 02:26am
I'm not ashamed to say they are my favorite band, but I don't appreciate the "eww's" and "they sucks's" i get from most people for loving an amazing band.
Stop!
Bleeding on the Floor
Stop!
October 29th, 2007 at 09:19am
im not ashamed, but i dont really talk about them to other people, only myself. thats because none of my friends really like them and my form class is all into like rap music... which is really annoying because i personally dont like rap, and everyone just gives everyone shit about anything and everything... so yeah. i still love them<3
stitches
Fabulous Killjoy
stitches
October 29th, 2007 at 09:39am
not really. i dont think it has ever occured to me how huge they've become as a band. in my mind, they're still like the underdogs that i'm rooting for, i guess i often forget how successful they really are.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
October 29th, 2007 at 05:34pm
Well it sorta sucks to be young, I remember that. Other kids just go out of their fucking way to alienate one another for the pure hell of it. As an older person, most people who approach me about the band are curious to learn more. I said MOST. There are a few who think I'm ridiculous, but fuck them!

Don't get me wrong, I do still care what other people think, but I've become a lot stronger in the face of it, thanks in no small part to these dudes. How could I be ashamed of admitting that I love the very thing that helped to find so much strength within myself, that I never would've believed I had?

I feel sorry for the people who HAVEN'T found something like that for themselves. Then there's the community that we have here; some of the most amazing people I have ever met come from this fandom. That can never be a bad thing.
DAMAGECONTROL
Joining The Black Parade
DAMAGECONTROL
October 29th, 2007 at 05:41pm
I don't feel ashamed. Most people in my school likes MCR or bands that are quite similar to MCR, so I have no problems with telling people that MCR is my favorite band. Even though there's some people that calls me emo and stuff like that just 'cause I like MCR and 'cause I wear black and things like that. But I don't care. My Chemical Romance is one of my favebands and I don't give a shit about what other people think about them.
frank'smyhero_22
Jazz Hands
frank'smyhero_22
October 27th, 2008 at 11:07am
never.... i punched every people in our class that said to me that MCR stinks... specially boys....
playground eyes.
Awake and Unafraid
playground eyes.
October 27th, 2008 at 11:24am
Hell No. I don't know anyone at my school who likes/knows MCR!!! But I don't care about their stupid comments when I tell some pplz that MCR is my fave band (LOVE!). I don't care about their opinions. They might think they know everything and they might think that annoying me about it will change my mind but they're wrong. Nothing they could say can stop me loving MCR. As if I could ever be ashamed of those five guys.
xox.
Gerard Arthur Way.
Demolition Lover
Gerard Arthur Way.
October 27th, 2008 at 11:30am
I have never been, and I'm not ashamed at all.
People can have their opinion and they can judge me all they want;
I won't care. I don't care.
I would be really happy to stand in front of the whole world and scream
that My Chemical Romance is my favorite band.
That would make me feel really good actually.
Chemical Princess
Killjoy
Chemical Princess
October 27th, 2008 at 12:49pm
No,Never would i be ashamed when people ask me about my favorite band some say ooh they are ok obviously they do not know who they are and a girl actually asked me whether my chemical romance is a song mostly no one knows about mcr,many think im emo not because of mcr only because of the eyeliner and black nailpolish that does not mean im emo.