Don't have an account? Create one!

Do u ever feel ashamed to admit MCR is ur fave band?

AuthorMessage
omg stfu
Demolition Lover
omg stfu
September 16th, 2007 at 06:58am
Yes, this fandom is an embarrassment.
Aunt Marie
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Aunt Marie
September 16th, 2007 at 07:38am
I'm not ashemed on it, but sometimes I am, but I feel bad evreytime I'm denying it, coz ppl around me has a different impression on me.
Lightning Zap
Motor Baby
Lightning Zap
September 16th, 2007 at 10:45am
thedevilsnightmare:
if u have ever felt like u shouldnt tell ppl that u like MCR cuz they're now considered mainstream or "emo" then post ur feelings. I sometimes feel this way when Im asked who my fave band is. i know it may seem like
turning ur back on ur fave band but u cant help how u feel. and I a lot of the time feel ashamed to admit they're my fave band...

I have never felt too ashamed to call MCR my favourite band. To me it doesn't matter whether a band has 5 fans or 5 million fans, as long as their music is good... and MCR's music is ace!
Jealousy;
Killjoy
Jealousy;
September 16th, 2007 at 10:58am
no i'm not asmed of it at all but it really is annoying when you say i like mcr and then people say, "ohh eeeemooooo."
Goodnight Nurse
Salute You in Your Grave
Goodnight Nurse
September 16th, 2007 at 11:38am
wow I never though about it really... I'm not ashamed to say that MCR are my favourite band but then again I can not be bothered with all the controversy that goes along with the whole "Mainstream" and "emo" stuff.

Its like
"Yes my favourite band is My Chemical Romance"
"EWWWW YOU EMO!!!"

I just can't be bothered with shallow people who get all worked up and start to harass you. That's just what really annoys me

One other thing i can't stand is people who only like one song and believe that they know everything about them and thinks its 'cool' to change the words to suit them and sing it all day long Disgust

I'm happy now that i have gotten that off mi chest Very Happy
PinkRibbonScars
Killjoy
PinkRibbonScars
September 16th, 2007 at 11:38am
Not ashamed
AT ALL

I'd write MCR on my face and walk around town like that [:

But then again.. some people get bitched about just cuz of the music they like...

:S
Emily Strange
Killjoy
Emily Strange
September 16th, 2007 at 02:21pm
Nope.... never feel ashamed! It's up to the individu to like whatever they like...You can't tell them what to like or what to avoid!
ever_after
Killjoy
ever_after
September 18th, 2007 at 01:18pm
Well to be totally honest, I used to be a bit ashamed (back then when i actually cared). But now everyone has this stupid perception that I'm "emo" so I just ignore them and funnily enough, they've stopped annoying me for liking MCR.
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
September 18th, 2007 at 01:25pm
I don't care what anyone thinks about my music. Music gets me through the day. I do, however, hit pause if someone comes in and I'm listening to MCR because I can't afford to offend anyone and you have to admit they have some offensive lyrics. (It's really not professional to talk business to someone while listening to "Our Lady of Sorrows" or "Mama" "Wink) I might be able to get away with it at my job at comic conventions, especially now that Gerard's got his own book, but I don't know if I'd push it.

At my age and in my line of work if someone hears that I love MCR it's either "Hey, that's my kid's favorite band too!" or "Aren't you a little old for that?" (*shudder*) My answer is "You are never too old, or too young, for music that makes you happy."
Fillup
Killjoy
Fillup
September 18th, 2007 at 06:23pm
I have never be ashame to say My Chemical Romance is my favorite band
FAKE
Thinking Happy Thoughts
FAKE
September 18th, 2007 at 06:31pm
I love saying mcr are like my fav band just so i can laught at peoples reactionsXD
Ambulance
Killjoy
Ambulance
September 18th, 2007 at 07:07pm
I'm not ashamed to say they are my favourite band. I not easily ashamed, embarrased, bemused anything. The thing that annoys me though, people suddenly think they are better then me or something because I like MCR. I find it pathetic. People make fun of me for liking them, but it's a friendly kind of taunting, my friends. It's not like someone is gonna beat me up for liking a band. But there faces, I feel like saying, "Do you have a problem with me?" Grrrr. You got the rant.

Giving You A Cake To Apologise
Duncan// =]
Torosaurus.
Always Born a Crime
Torosaurus.
September 18th, 2007 at 07:19pm
I am never ashamed to say that they are my fav band.
Although when I hear people say that they are emo, I say what I think about it and try to make them think they aren't emo because they are not. I just always have my own opinion for everything. It's me. I will never be ashamed to say that they are ma heroes.

Yay for MCR
mer von d
Thinking Happy Thoughts
mer von d
September 19th, 2007 at 07:05am
no fucking way Very Happy
stef_againstracism
Killjoy
stef_againstracism
October 8th, 2007 at 03:42pm
NO WAY!!! why should I be ashamed? I love them and wouldn't say anything else if someone asked me.
lessthanthree.
Always Born a Crime
lessthanthree.
October 8th, 2007 at 10:25pm
I'm definetely not ashamed, because if I was, I wouldn't have written Merci Pour Le Venin on all my school stuff. And there aren't really any MCR-haters in my school, 3 people in my school even have MCR t-shirts (YES, I am one of those 3 people).
Kemmel
Killjoy
Kemmel
October 8th, 2007 at 10:30pm
Well I'm a 21 year old bloke, and yes although most of my fellow peeps don't mind I do get a few odd looks when I play em on the jukebox in my local.

But I enjoy their music, love their live show to bits and just ignore the whole labelling bullshit. Most of my mates that see beyond the whole "OMG THEY'RE SO EMO GRRR!" phase are the older ones who actually have a blind bit of sense.

Roll on London O2!
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
October 8th, 2007 at 11:08pm
NEVER be ashamed to admit that MCR is your favorite band. They're something to be proud of! The next time someone shoves you and calls you "emo," calmly ask them what they mean by that. Explain to them that MCR's message is positive, about standing up for what you believe in. It doesn't ALWAYS work (some people are determined to be assholes no matter what anyone does) but sometimes it DOES, and think of how great you'll feel if you ARE able to change someone's mind.

It's not quite the same thing, but I had to convince my parents and friends that I wasn't just "behaving like an obsessed teenager." As an adult fan, it was difficult to be taken seriously by those around me. Once I was able to make them understand WHY MCR is so special, and what positive changes they have helped to foster in me, they became fans too (not like myself, but enough so that they'll at least ask a question and listen with interest, rather than checking their watches, eyes glazed over, when I mention the band.)
map_of_the_world
Thinking Happy Thoughts
map_of_the_world
October 9th, 2007 at 08:53am
Lightning Zap:
thedevilsnightmare:
if u have ever felt like u shouldnt tell ppl that u like MCR cuz they're now considered mainstream or "emo" then post ur feelings. I sometimes feel this way when Im asked who my fave band is. i know it may seem like
turning ur back on ur fave band but u cant help how u feel. and I a lot of the time feel ashamed to admit they're my fave band...

I have never felt too ashamed to call MCR my favourite band. To me it doesn't matter whether a band has 5 fans or 5 million fans, as long as their music is good... and MCR's music is ace!

Yeah, thats the same with me and I agree with what you said.
normal's overrated.
In The Murder Scene
normal's overrated.
October 9th, 2007 at 10:12am
NEVER!!!