Don't have an account? Create one!

Do u ever feel ashamed to admit MCR is ur fave band?

AuthorMessage
thedevilsnightmare
Jazz Hands
thedevilsnightmare
September 5th, 2007 at 07:36pm
if u have ever felt like u shouldnt tell ppl that u like MCR cuz they're now considered mainstream or "emo" then post ur feelings. I sometimes feel this way when Im asked who my fave band is. i know it may seem like
turning ur back on ur fave band but u cant help how u feel. and I a lot of the time feel ashamed to admit they're my fave band...
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
September 5th, 2007 at 07:40pm
No I most certainly do not, and neither should anyone else. Although I am aware that it's tougher for kids like yourself, seeing as how other kids can be physical about it.
Green Faerie
Salute You in Your Grave
Green Faerie
September 5th, 2007 at 07:43pm
It generally is looked down upon for the reasons you just stated. But I try to always be proud of whatever I like, because there's always a reason I like it.

Alot of people do see it as kind of 'Tame Rock' but to people who like pure pop music it seem's too heavy, Lol.

I have decided that I shall embrace my adoration of the band, because they are extremely talented and make fantastic music. : ) Although I don't think I would try and discuss my love of the band with 'Metal Heads' as I would probobly just get funny looks, Hehe. Then again as a Vegetarian, Metal Fan who's obsessed with Harry Potter, Disney films and is an adult I often get funny loks anyway, Hee hee.

xxx
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
September 5th, 2007 at 07:45pm
^ I am the ORIGINAL Metalhead and still proud to love MCR.
joy division.
Shotgun Sinner
joy division.
September 5th, 2007 at 07:46pm
I Think This Is areally Good Topic. Sometimes, When People ask what my fave band is, i do say MCR, but at school, if u wear lyk 1 item of black u get 50 kids shouting SWEDE! GOTH! EMO! GO SLIT YA WRISTS! and its a really big problem. When school kids ask me what my fave band is, i have to say 'I dont have one' and it makes me feel soooooooo guilty, coz i would NEVER turn my back on MCR. I think people should acept us as we are, and who cares what music we listen to?? its our choice and we can do what we want xxx plz send me a message if you feel the same xx
Neesa
Fabulous Killjoy
Neesa
September 5th, 2007 at 07:53pm
xFatalxAttractionx:
I Think This Is areally Good Topic. Sometimes, When People ask what my fave band is, i do say MCR, but at school, if u wear lyk 1 item of black u get 50 kids shouting SWEDE! GOTH! EMO! GO SLIT YA WRISTS! and its a really big problem. When school kids ask me what my fave band is, i have to say 'I dont have one' and it makes me feel soooooooo guilty, coz i would NEVER turn my back on MCR. I think people should acept us as we are, and who cares what music we listen to?? its our choice and we can do what we want xxx plz send me a message if you feel the same xx

i totally agree with everything you have said. if somebody who i know wont judge me asks me what my favourite band is then i will say MCR, but if it is anybody else i wont.
Malicia
Salute You in Your Grave
Malicia
September 5th, 2007 at 08:30pm
I won't feel ashamed.
MCR's the best and if someone doesn't like it that's not my problem.
asleep or dead.
Banned
asleep or dead.
September 5th, 2007 at 09:12pm
I'm so proud to be an MCR fan! If people don't like me because of the music I like then fuck them!
mirarle
Thinking Happy Thoughts
mirarle
September 5th, 2007 at 09:18pm
Well, in the world of music, it makes you less musically credible if you're a mcr fan, despite the emo stuff.
That's bs, really, since MCR fans I know knows a great amount about music even at such a young age. There's a lot of fangirls/boys that do ruin it for the fanbase, but I don't care.
I've had my urges when I didn't want to say they were, but Ive always said it. If they judged me from the one band that I like, then they probably weren't worth the time to start with.

And most MCR hate-message are stupid anyways. There has been little substantial argument against MCR since TBP.
Pixie-Gates
Awake and Unafraid
Pixie-Gates
September 5th, 2007 at 09:21pm
I am NEVER EVER ashamed to admit they're my favourite band. I don't admit it, I declare it.

Although my fellow metalheads instantly start hating me and feel obliged to offer a scientific dissertation as to why they think the band is crap, when I just shake my head and say "All your favourite bands in 10 years will be calling MCR one of their biggest influences."

People automatically dub me an emo, but I couldn't give a damn. I adore this band and if people are ignorant, it's not my problem. I know I'm right and that's all that matters. Cool
ThisWarIsOurs
Motor Baby
ThisWarIsOurs
September 5th, 2007 at 09:25pm
i could never feel ashamed
ive never been so proud to love 5 special people!!
i dont care what people think (even when they tease me for being an MCR fan)
i anything but ashamed (in a good sense xD)!!!!!!
gerardmabbitt.
Salute You in Your Grave
gerardmabbitt.
September 5th, 2007 at 09:28pm
I never feel ashamed.
I try to actually show that i'm a fan of them, even when i'm in class, i'll put my MCR bag on the table for everyone to see.
Very Happy
Suety
Awake and Unafraid
Suety
September 5th, 2007 at 09:55pm
I declare...with trepidation, but I never feel ashamed either.
I really should start caring less about what people with uninformed opinions think about MCR.
But if it's my close friends who knew me before MCR, I drone on and on Smile
jenni
Killjoy
jenni
September 5th, 2007 at 09:56pm
in my old high school, everyone listened to rap or country, so yeah I was afraid of admitting that i liked MCR...though now in college, people don't care and i love it so much more in college bc everyone likes everything!!! it's sooo awesome!
MCR Vampiress
Killjoy
MCR Vampiress
September 5th, 2007 at 10:02pm
I am Never and never have been ashamed to admiting i love this band! Sure i get the mick taken out of me sometimes but i just don't care anymore because its MY choice what i listen too, i just people wouldn't keep ashuming about people being emo because of listning to this band, although many people like that do it just sometimes bugs me when people steriotype me.

But i will never be afriad to hide the fact ... I LOVE MCR! <3
not so pretty.
In The Murder Scene
not so pretty.
September 5th, 2007 at 11:34pm
Everyone has either never heard of them or thinks they're emo. Today I wore my MCR shirt and someone said, I "worship the Emo Gods My Chemical Romance." Screw them. And my metalhead friend called them a bunch of fags. It's their loss.
Jyulin
Shotgun Sinner
Jyulin
September 6th, 2007 at 12:05am
Not at all ashamed. If other people don't like them, that's OK, but I have as much right to love MCR as they have not to.
the greatest coward.
Bleeding on the Floor
the greatest coward.
September 6th, 2007 at 12:32am
i am always so so so so so proud to be one of their dieheart fan, but it does annoy me when you tell people that u love them and they flip out about it.

first when you tell a mainstream prep and they say "OMG THEY ARE SO EMO"

and also when you tell a mainstream emo steryotype person and they call you a poser. that's the stupidest thing EVER.

but i'm not ashamed to love them. i just hate when people bitch about it.
souverian.
Demolition Lover
souverian.
September 6th, 2007 at 12:46am
nope im never ashamed. they are truly an amazing band (in my opinioon)
no one calls you emo at our school or make fun of you for liking a band.
i know a lot of guys and girls that like mcr and walk around declaring it and nothing happens to them.
alucard.
Jazz Hands
alucard.
September 6th, 2007 at 12:48am
i am not ashamed to say i love them. i say it all the time and people call me and emo but i just stare at them and laugh like i know something they dont. then they go all weird lol and walk away.
theyre getting used to me talking about them all the time now and theyre not caring as much as they used to..

haha im such a freak.
A FREAK IN FUCKING LOVE WITH MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE!!!

oh yeah.