Don't have an account? Create one!

Do u ever feel ashamed to admit MCR is ur fave band?

AuthorMessage
Dead and Gone
Killjoy
Dead and Gone
September 7th, 2007 at 05:25pm
No, never. Even though everyone calls them emo. I don't give a shit about it. I'm proud of being a fan)
mcrobsessive1
Killjoy
mcrobsessive1
September 7th, 2007 at 05:27pm
Dead and Gone:
No, never. Even though everyone calls them emo. I don't give a shit about it. I'm proud of being a fan)
god everyone calls me emo but i dont give a flying rats a**e really
Blood__Lust
Fabulous Killjoy
Blood__Lust
September 8th, 2007 at 01:34am
I like being called emo. It used to make me depressed, but now I know that when people call you emo, goth, punk or whatever, they think your offended. But they're just clarifying that your an original and not a clone. XP
The Original Bob.
Demolition Lover
The Original Bob.
September 8th, 2007 at 02:48am
i say mcr. i dont give a shit about what they say, they call me emo, goth or depressed pyscho girl anyway, why should they care, and im PROUD to be addicted and obssessed with mcr, its who i am.
if people dont like that, well good for them. i for one don't give a flying shit.
MCR 4 ever
Killjoy
MCR 4 ever
September 8th, 2007 at 03:42am
not really, in my school its kinda weird. its not really stereotypical. see i just started a school completely new, im not telling my grade though...cause im not that old. and even though people immeadatly dub you, me, and everyone around us "emo" you know what you are indisde and that matter the most. somthing i found weird is in woodshop i had mcr on my binder, and this prep was talking about them to me. i didnt like her, never liked her since the third grade. but that only proves you can be ANYONE and like ANYTHING whithout being judged. and if you do get judge, screw them. we dont deserve that, and no one should ever be ashamed to love and die for MCR
Agent J
Fabulous Killjoy
Agent J
September 8th, 2007 at 05:21am
The people around me don't care that I like MCR, so all's good with me.
loki.
Bulletproof Heart
loki.
September 8th, 2007 at 07:13am
most of my friends like them and the ones that dont never say that they dont like them, so they're cool.

but i say i like them anyway, because there is probably like 10 REAL emo/goth/punk kids in my school. all the rest are preppy emo, which just makes me want to puke. or rip their hair out.
all the other kids are like, well, i dont even know how to describe them........sorta punk/metal kinda kids. but they're ok too.

back to the question: no. not at all. i wear my merch loud and proud. :]
Butters
Salute You in Your Grave
Butters
September 8th, 2007 at 08:41am
nope
fun ghoul
In a Bullet's Embrace
fun ghoul
September 8th, 2007 at 09:36am
never. even though some of my classmates tease me of being over addicted,
I don't care. They can just fuck themselves
Veeolin
Jazz Hands
Veeolin
September 8th, 2007 at 04:32pm
Sometimes I do.

But not because I'm ashamed of My Chem themselves.

Right now, there's just a lot of 'fans' who are beyond idiotic, and I'm afraid of being grouped with the, "LOLZ YAHZ I LUV MCR OMGZ GERALD IS SO HAWT!1!!!11 lOL LETTZ GO BE EMO TOGEHERZ AND SING WLCUM 2 TEH BLCK PARADEZ."

That's what I'm ashamed of.
dear time traveler
Motor Baby
dear time traveler
September 8th, 2007 at 04:47pm
^I am ashamed of that as well.
I don't want to seen as someone like that. It's common for someone who doesn't know a lot about MCR (at least where I am) to think I am some idiotic teenie who only likes the band for their looks, and not the actual music. Which is certainly not the case at all.
I will admit to anyone that My Chemical Romance is my favorite band, whether they like them or not. It's my choice, not theirs.
RREGRET
Fabulous Killjoy
RREGRET
September 8th, 2007 at 08:51pm
yes, pretty often.
Veeolin
Jazz Hands
Veeolin
September 8th, 2007 at 10:08pm
Generally I admit it.

We did have one of those 'get to know each other' assignments in English, and I sort of covered up and said my favorite band is 30 Seconds to Mars instead of My Chem.

Though, that wasn't so much that I was ashamed of loving MCR, but because we had to explain why our favorite artist was our favorite artist, and I didn't feel much like opening up and explaining the depth of what MCR stands for and how much they mean to my English teacher.

30STM means a lot to me to, but it's easier to explain away loving them by hiding behind all the symbolism rather than going into some kind of emotional depth.
Bleeding Dry
Bleeding on the Floor
Bleeding Dry
September 8th, 2007 at 11:42pm
They tell me to go slit in a dark corner anyway, so I say MCR and proud of it. It upsets me when they change words to their songs just to piss me off, but I say MCR anyway. Now all the teenies pretend they liked them first, and Im like whatever. They can tell me the words to TBP but cant remember the song.
addictedto_mychem
Joining The Black Parade
addictedto_mychem
September 9th, 2007 at 12:54am
Nope, I'm not ashamed at all. When people ask me, My Chem is the first band I say <33
Meeshell
Awake and Unafraid
Meeshell
September 9th, 2007 at 01:12am
nope.
IMxNOTxOK
Fabulous Killjoy
IMxNOTxOK
September 9th, 2007 at 05:25am
ive been accused of being emo a couple times but im still very proud of liking them
absolutly NOTHING can change that
ppl laugh at me when i wear their stuff but i just tell them to f#*k off and get a life
i understand that everyone likes different things but im getting really feed up with ppl talking shit about them 24-7
personally i think those ppl have no life if all they can do is talk about how terrible they r IN MY FACE!
i think the next person that does that im gonna go off on
ppl these days r so f**king ignorant it drives me crazy
they cant even appreciate wat these ppl do
it pisses me off cause its definatly alot harder than anything they r gonna do in their little life
but anywayz im ALWAYZ proud to admit it but ill never be able to explain to ppl why unless im very close to that person
everyone would laugh at me as if there wasnt one band that meant something special to them
>.<
The Collision
Salute You in Your Grave
The Collision
September 9th, 2007 at 06:50am
Never! People can go to hell if they talk shit about them. And if MCR is just not their thing, I respect that. But I am proud to ba an MCR fan!
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
September 9th, 2007 at 06:17pm
i never feel ashamed to say My Chemical Romance is my favorite band. even if kids call me emo, i won't really care because they do it anyways.
OHnoherewego
Killjoy
OHnoherewego
September 9th, 2007 at 06:55pm
i've never been ashamed of anything i listen to.
i might get the occasional eye roll when i start singing a random mcr tune, but you'd be surprised how many people really enjoy their tunes. most of people i know (all in their 20's/30's) actually (altho sometimes grudgingly) admit to liking their music and respecting them as muscicians, cause they're just fucking good. regardless of what people deem about their image, musically they kickass.

either way, you shouldn't feel the need to hide anything about yourself just cause you think people will give you a hard time.
once you get out of high school you realize that the only opinion that really matters about trivial things like that is your own. Smile

p.s. i didn't mean to sound patronizing at the end...but it's true!