Don't have an account? Create one!

Age Difference.

AuthorMessage
Rhys Webb
Awake and Unafraid
Rhys Webb
September 30th, 2007 at 07:04am
age should matter when you are 16 and the person you are with is 21 -- that is just unacceptable.
but if you are 21 and the person is 26... there really shouldn't be that much of a problem considering both are legal, and sometimes... girls show a kit better maturity then boys.
gerardmabbitt.
Salute You in Your Grave
gerardmabbitt.
September 30th, 2007 at 05:08pm
Yeah, i think only a couple of years is okay.
Some girl in my class, is 14 also and her boyfriend is almost 20.
Which, i don't think is okay.
I don't like that age difference.
UndyingSoul.
Really Not Okay
UndyingSoul.
September 30th, 2007 at 10:15pm
Again, I dont think its the gap that matters. I think its the age of the youngest in the couple. If a couple is 20 years apart then thats fine, but if the younger end of the relationship is 13 and the older is 33, then thats just wrong. Wait until your an adult. And by an adult I mean at least 18, not just an "adult" in spirit.
Rouge
Killjoy
Rouge
September 30th, 2007 at 10:59pm
If ur 15 going on 16 and ur hubby is 34 going on 35 I think theres a problem.
But if the age difference is only by 2 or 5 years whats the problem people huh?
I just hope i dont eat my words someday
All_You_Need_Is_Love
Joining The Black Parade
All_You_Need_Is_Love
September 30th, 2007 at 11:15pm
Rouge:

The problem is that a thirteen year old dating an eighteen year old comes along with many issues. Pressure, dependency issues, sex, maturity. etc...,

I would be hard pressed to find a single thirteen year old who could have a mature, proper relationship with somebody much older.
David Vengeance
Motor Baby
David Vengeance
September 30th, 2007 at 11:32pm
All_You_Need_Is_Love:
Rouge:

The problem is that a thirteen year old dating an eighteen year old comes along with many issues. Pressure, dependency issues, sex, maturity. etc...,

I would be hard pressed to find a single thirteen year old who could have a mature, proper relationship with somebody much older.
very true!
in my opinion thats why once you are old enough like 20 or so then i think the 5 or so age difference isnt a big deal
ThisWarIsOurs
Motor Baby
ThisWarIsOurs
October 1st, 2007 at 05:57pm
All_You_Need_Is_Love:
Famous_last_wordz:
personally i dont think age matters
if you love someone then that should be enough

So you would date a thirty-five year old and see nothing wrong with that?

no what i meant was if your 15 dating a 35 year old then it would be abit er... i dont think it would be right until the 15 year old wast a bit older.
i didnt mean it the way you put it!
what i was saying was that age doesnt matter if the ages are like 18 and 28. not like 20 years apart!! i would probably say up about 10-15 years is as high as i would go. but thats just me (i think 10 years mostly) because when you get older the age gap becomes smaller so there nothing wrong with it!
i mean i wouldnt yet because i havent found a guy im comfortable with yet but in the future maybe. not saying i dont like guys my age cause i do. believe me!!!
XCyanideSuicideX
Fabulous Killjoy
XCyanideSuicideX
October 1st, 2007 at 06:40pm
well my friend always dates guys that are up to eleven years older
then her she has sex with a twenty eight year old guy and she is 15 going
on sixteen i yell at her all the time cause i think that it is wrong that
is pretty much like a child melester. its disgusting
Neesa
Fabulous Killjoy
Neesa
October 1st, 2007 at 08:08pm
i think that if you are under 20 then you need to keep the age gap to a minimum. but if you are over that age then it really is up to you who you date. i don't mean go crazy and date someone 30 odd years older than you. but then again if it is true love, don't let anyone stop you.
there is a 11 year gap between my parents and they are perfectly happy together.
Doodles
Demolition Lover
Doodles
October 1st, 2007 at 08:25pm
I think people dislike age difference when you are younger because if you're dating someone older than you then people think straight away that means you two are having sex, which most people believe is wrong, and it usually is. Especially if one of the people in the relationship is under 16, then that's illegal. I think if you're doing nothing wrong then, you can't help who you fall inlove with. If the person who is older is respectful of the younger person then it can work.
When you get older age differences seem to go away. It just doesn't seem like such a big deal.
All_You_Need_Is_Love
Joining The Black Parade
All_You_Need_Is_Love
October 1st, 2007 at 08:31pm
Doodles:
I think people dislike age difference when you are younger because if you're dating someone older than you then people think straight away that means you two are having sex, which most people believe is wrong, and it usually is. Especially if one of the people in the relationship is under 16, then that's illegal. I think if you're doing nothing wrong then, you can't help who you fall inlove with. If the person who is older is respectful of the younger person then it can work.
When you get older age differences seem to go away. It just doesn't seem like such a big deal.

It's not just about sex, it's about maturity and experiences and what you want out of a relationship.

The things a thirteen year old wants out of a relationship are vastly different from the things an eighteen year old wants out of a relationships.
Things that are socially acceptable for an eighteen year old (i.e.; making out, sex, etc...,) are not acceptable for a thirteen year old.

The reason age differences begin to seem like less is because in a way, they do become less. Five years... think of a thirteen year old, now think of an eighteen year old. Five years... think of a thirty-three year old, now think of a thirty-eight year old.
Those differences (maturity, experiences, etc...,) DO become less as you age.
UndyingSoul.
Really Not Okay
UndyingSoul.
October 1st, 2007 at 10:08pm
lostkitten:
i think that if you are under 20 then you need to keep the age gap to a minimum. but if you are over that age then it really is up to you who you date. i don't mean go crazy and date someone 30 odd years older than you. but then again if it is true love, don't let anyone stop you.
there is a 11 year gap between my parents and they are perfectly happy together.

I agree 100%
Captain Jack Wonka.
Shotgun Sinner
Captain Jack Wonka.
October 2nd, 2007 at 01:59pm
Age doesn't matter if you're both legal.
I think that's why age gap isn't in the rules, but instead, what's in the rules is that both should be of legal age.

That's my point of view.
All_You_Need_Is_Love
Joining The Black Parade
All_You_Need_Is_Love
October 2nd, 2007 at 08:27pm
Gerard Wonka.:
I think that's why age gap isn't in the rules, but instead, what's in the rules is that both should be of legal age.

That's my point of view.

Even an eighteen year old and a fifity-five year old?
UndyingSoul.
Really Not Okay
UndyingSoul.
October 2nd, 2007 at 09:33pm
All_You_Need_Is_Love:
Gerard Wonka.:

That's my point of view.

Even an eighteen year old and a fifity-five year old?

If they are both adults then I think its fine. Though 18 and 19 are iffy because even though you are legally an adult, you are still a teenager at the same time. For me it would be like 20+.
All_You_Need_Is_Love
Joining The Black Parade
All_You_Need_Is_Love
October 3rd, 2007 at 04:30am
So once somebody hits twenty, they are done growing up? They've experienced life and are not going to have any major changes? A twenty year-old and a fifty year-old would be a positive relationship?
gerardmabbitt.
Salute You in Your Grave
gerardmabbitt.
October 3rd, 2007 at 06:08pm
Yeah, when you are an adult, the ages don't seem that bad, but if you are a teenager, it sounds different when the ages are really far apart.
Becky
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Becky
October 4th, 2007 at 12:03am
I think that it depends on the circumstance. like if you are already 18 and not to be with someone a little older then i guess its okay. but if ur like 14 and are with someone that is older than 18 there is something wrong. just ask urself why they cant find soemone there own age?
annaaloves
Bleeding on the Floor
annaaloves
October 11th, 2007 at 10:27pm
for me if depends on the age range of the couple
say someone who was 15 or 16 went out with someone 5-10 years older than them then its a bit wierd but when its someone who is 22 and is going out with a 32 year old then thats not as bad because they are both adults.
UndyingSoul.
Really Not Okay
UndyingSoul.
October 11th, 2007 at 11:30pm
All_You_Need_Is_Love:
So once somebody hits twenty, they are done growing up? They've experienced life and are not going to have any major changes? A twenty year-old and a fifty year-old would be a positive relationship?

It depends on the couple. Ive seen relationships like that work out great, and the two be madly in love. Ive also seen 20 year old girls marrying 50 year old men for their money. It all depends on the people. But if a 20 year old and 50 year old are madly in love then I say go for it.