Don't have an account? Create one!

Age Difference.

AuthorMessage
Radio Saturday
Salute You in Your Grave
Radio Saturday
November 5th, 2007 at 05:13pm
My parents are twelve years apart, so larger age difference never seemed that weird to me. And older guys and younger girls makes sense on a evolutionary.biological level because guys remain... um... yeah. if you have population problems, bear it in mind.

In my opinion, if you're over the age of consent, it's your own damn business. I don't find really old guys (60+) going with younger girls (18-20s) all that weird, just because it's been going on for a long time. And, frankly, if the guy's that old, he probably realizes that the girl is with him for some other reason, like money or brains.

But I'm a month from my 18th birthday (yeah, I know what it says over there) and I'm... not really dating, but, shall we say, "hanging with" a 20-year-old guy. We haven't run into any problems yet.
Lady Wicked
Killjoy
Lady Wicked
November 5th, 2007 at 05:34pm
i think its bs that people younger that 18 cant date 18+ ppl. i mean ya its kinda wrong if your 18 and dating a 14 yr old- yes their should be limitations- but i think that it should be allowed for a 16 yr old to date a 18 yr old
Anguis
Killjoy
Anguis
November 5th, 2007 at 08:06pm
I don't think that it's weird if a 50 year old is married to a 40 year old person but I don't think that 18 and 14 together are normal. And that's because 14 is still a child, they don't really understand what their doing yet and they're just developing and learning to know themselves but an 18 year old person should already act like a grownup. Or something like that.

In my country people who are at least 16 years old are allowed to date someone who's 18 or more and I think that's very reasonable.
Your.Guardian.Angel.
Jazz Hands
Your.Guardian.Angel.
November 6th, 2007 at 12:44am
Anguis:

In my country people who are at least 16 years old are allowed to date someone who's 18 or more and I think that's very reasonable.

Yes, of course. That's totally understandable! I agree completely with that!
JadeTiger712
Motor Baby
JadeTiger712
November 7th, 2007 at 12:59am
I think if the person is under 18 there should be a limit. Like no 14 year olds with 20 year olds. And then around at about 16-17 I think any more than a 5 year difference is a not right.
xthe_patientx
Killjoy
xthe_patientx
November 8th, 2007 at 03:06am
ive been with older guys, but thats just me, never gotten in trouble, idk
love has no age! unless ur five with a fifty yr old lol
ClaireBear016
Killjoy
ClaireBear016
May 8th, 2009 at 02:02am
i think if your 18 or over then you should be able to date anyone you want no matter the age... as your both adults

when your 16 i say a couple of years doesnt matter though... but if your under 16 then better to stick with people your own age
BRETTage-MCR4eva
Banned
BRETTage-MCR4eva
May 8th, 2009 at 05:16am
i think it might be ok...but it depends on how big the difference is in age...if its like 10 years then depending on the age...if its just like 1 years difference it doesnt really matter but my mom and dad have like a 4 year difference and i dont really care...
BOINGage-MCRmy
Banned
BOINGage-MCRmy
May 8th, 2009 at 05:30am
i think that it doesnt matter if your both over the age of 16.

if your 14 with a 18 year old,
yeah its only for years,
but the 18 year olds gonna want more than the 14 year old.

but if your 17 with a 21 year old,
thats not wrong
you can both get the same form a relationship cause
theres no boundaries form the law.

but thats my opinion...
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
May 8th, 2009 at 12:11pm
Ghostgirl191:
do you think that the number of years that stands between people in a couple matter? do you think that maybe there does need to be limits?
No, but I'm also not going to deny that the sight of a couple 30 to 40 years apart isn't going to make me scoff disgustedly at them. As long as both parties are 18 or over, it's really no one's business but their own. In the case of minors, I personally don't see anything wrong with them dating young adults. I've always dated guys at least four years older than myself. I draw a shorter line of acceptability, however. If the kid is 14, the young adult really shouldn't be any older than 20, in my opinion.
questionable content
Always Born a Crime
questionable content
May 8th, 2009 at 12:59pm
^ I think 14 and 20 would still set the younger person up for abuse, though.
Personally, I believe that if a person is under the age of consent (usually 16 or 1Cool, they should not be with someone over the age of consent, unless it is a two year or less age difference.
gerardgrl23
Killjoy
gerardgrl23
May 9th, 2009 at 09:53pm
i agree and i thought it was said that you could date someone over 18 if your 16, as long as there is no sexual contact.

is it illegal for same sex couples?
MiDesfileNegro
Thinking Happy Thoughts
MiDesfileNegro
May 10th, 2009 at 04:11am
Here in the UK there isn't any law restricting at what age people can date others - that seems really strange to me... There's an age of consent, which is 16, but once you reach that you can date/sleep with whoever the hell you like. It only becomes illegal if you're sleeping with someone who's under the age of consent (a minor) - then you're known as a paedophile, if you're an adult, and if you're only just above the age of consent yourself then it's classed as statutory rape (the idea being that according to the law, the minor is not old enough to be able to make an informed decision to consent).
demon dean
Always Born a Crime
demon dean
May 10th, 2009 at 05:04pm
i think when it comes to age in a relationship, what should matter most is maturity. if a fifteen year old has the ability to connect with a 17-18 year old, why shouldn't they be able to persue a relationship with oneanother? i think it all boils down to how well you connect with the person and how much feeling you have towards them.
if people are willing to date people older/younger then they are, who are we to judge what they can or cannot do?
if you're willing to take a chance against the law, i don't think anyone should stop you.
questionable content
Always Born a Crime
questionable content
May 10th, 2009 at 08:11pm
"if you're willing to take a chance against the law, i don't think anyone should stop you."

But it's against the law?
The same maturity but a different age is one thing, but when one person is underage (and therefore the relationship is illegal) it's completely different. Jail time is a very real thing.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
May 10th, 2009 at 11:58pm
phobia.:
if you're willing to take a chance against the law, i don't think anyone should stop you.
If you apply that to the 15 year old dating the 18 year old, you'd have to apply to everything else as well. A statement like that is pretty much all or nothing.

Should pedophiles get away with sexually abusing children because they just chose to take a chance against the law?
Should people murder others for the sake of it just because they want to take a chance against the law?

How about stealing? Trespassing? Assaulting? Animal cruelty? The list goes on.
K.K.
Bleeding on the Floor
K.K.
May 13th, 2009 at 12:03am
I've heard of a 29 year old man falling in love with a 15 year old, and the other way around.
D'you think that's okay, if they mantain boundaries??
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
May 13th, 2009 at 09:58am
^What do you mean by "maintain boundaries"? If you're talking about sex, then I would hope he would obey the law in this instance and abstain from sex with the girl.

You can't stop two people - one above the age limit, one below the age limit - from being in a romantic relationship if there's no sex involved because technically they're not doing anything wrong.
Kailey_kills
Killjoy
Kailey_kills
May 14th, 2009 at 05:19pm
i dont think if a 16 n 18 yr old if its like 30 yr old its wrong just my oppinion
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
May 15th, 2009 at 11:05am
tear:
I've heard of a 29 year old man falling in love with a 15 year old, and the other way around. D'you think that's okay, if they mantain boundaries??
No. I find that age difference to be too vast between an adult and a minor. Once she's 18, then fine. The likelihood of any "boundaries" being maintained is slim to none; they're going to have sex, unless they're Quakers.