Don't have an account? Create one!

Age Difference.

AuthorMessage
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
October 25th, 2007 at 04:37am
^ yeah i know what you mean.

but as far as the law goes with the issue, how do you guys feel about that? is the law to strict? or not strict enough?
X_meese_X
Fabulous Killjoy
X_meese_X
October 25th, 2007 at 06:50pm
I think it should be monitored more. In my opinion, an eighteen-ear-old who makes out with a thirteen-year-old is not that far a cry from a pedophile who goes around tricking girls (or boys) into sex.

I don't think it should be outlawed to date someone older than you , but I think it should be looked at more closely, so that the current laws are not broken.
Fantasma
Demolition Lover
Fantasma
October 25th, 2007 at 08:53pm
I know this girl who is the same age as I am but she is dating a guy over 20 years old. In my opinion that`s quite, well, I find it a bit disgusting. I mean I have nothing against people loving and caring about each other, but this girl is like under age and the guy is like able to get himself drunk with powerful alcohol. ._______.
Teach me to live
Bleeding on the Floor
Teach me to live
October 26th, 2007 at 02:12am
i don't think that age matters unless it is a huge amount of difference
guiltfeeder
Killjoy
guiltfeeder
October 26th, 2007 at 02:14am
^ I agree. But, if the difference is too big, I don't like it. Why? Because of the parents. Some parents don't agree with that.
Teach me to live
Bleeding on the Floor
Teach me to live
October 26th, 2007 at 02:22am
true.. but there are some cases where there is a big difference.. like 10 years.. where the parent likes the person
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
October 26th, 2007 at 06:03am
X_meese_X:
I think it should be monitored more. In my opinion, an eighteen-ear-old who makes out with a thirteen-year-old is not that far a cry from a pedophile who goes around tricking girls (or boys) into sex.

I don't think it should be outlawed to date someone older than you , but I think it should be looked at more closely, so that the current laws are not broken.

i definetly agree with that, it does need to be monitored more. i dont like the fact that the law tells us who we can and cant date, but i do at the same time, its clear that they do it for our protection from pedophiles, but at the same time, i get told all the time by older guys that they thought i was older because i look older and i act a little more mature, so i know that some of the older guys that like me arent pedophiles.

but what do you guys think the politions, or law makers, whoever they are, do to adjust the law to a more reasonable standard? or do you think its fine the way it is?
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
October 26th, 2007 at 10:29am
guiltfeeder:
^ I agree. But, if the difference is too big, I don't like it. Why? Because of the parents. Some parents don't agree with that.

When you become an adult, you aren't expected to listen to what your parents say about your relationships. As an 18 year old, if I wanted to date a 30 year old, my parents may not like it, but it would be my choice. And there's nothing they can do about it.

Just because your parents may not agree with it, it doesn't mean that's the final word on it.

But, going by your profile age, your 12 years old... so I can understand why you would want to listen to your parents' advice.
Kimberley.
Really Not Okay
Kimberley.
October 26th, 2007 at 10:38am
i personally don't think age difference is a huge issue
unless its say, a 14yr old with a 20yr old... i just think, what does a 20 year old want with someone so young? they should be with someone own their own physical/mental/emotional level
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 26th, 2007 at 02:54pm
In my opinion, I think once you're over... maybe 18, date anyone of any age of 18 and over (and maybe slightly under... no less than 16).

But, I think a relationship is more likely to work if you're around the same age.
Let's face it.

A 20 year old and a 60 year old aren't likely to have much in common or the same views because they were born in different time period.

I know sometimes it work, and good for them, I'm not judging.
I think a relationship is more likely to work if the age gap is smaller.
hoodsey
Jazz Hands
hoodsey
October 27th, 2007 at 07:27am
Unapologetic Apathy:
i personally don't think age difference is a huge issue
unless its say, a 14yr old with a 20yr old... i just think, what does a 20 year old want with someone so young? they should be with someone own their own physical/mental/emotional level

thats like 6 years......some older people but if you like an older person not just coz u wanna sleep with them or anything. some people say its bad having age differences like that but not everyone knows what the person who you like/go out with is like
Alecks.
Motor Baby
Alecks.
October 27th, 2007 at 08:12pm
If some guy who's 18 is hitting on you and your 13 I dont care how pretty you are something is wrong with the guy. No 18 year old is in there right mind to date a 13-year-old. Its just wrong.
notOK1219
Killjoy
notOK1219
October 28th, 2007 at 04:29am
I am 26 and my husband is 33. but if you are 16 or younger you have no business dating anyone 18 or older. any guy who is 18-21 if you are a younger girl and they are hitting on you, they only want 1 thing!! until you are out of school dating someone older like that isn't worth it anyway!!
synesthesia cure
Killjoy
synesthesia cure
October 31st, 2007 at 01:40am
GUYS... of course it doesn't matter if you love the other person...

i'm seriously in love with gerard, and we're ...what...18 years apart... but I DON'T CARE In Love
Jesse Lacey;
Awake and Unafraid
Jesse Lacey;
October 31st, 2007 at 02:35am
You should be [i] careful [\i] is all. Like, a 40 year old and a 14 year old is kind of friggin ridiculous. He could be her dad, for god's sake (or his mom)!

But 17 and 20; I mean, 3 years. Big whoop.

I guess it just depends on what amount of precaution you are taking. Not like carrying around a rifle, but someone who is way older than you is probably much wiser and experienced in the dating game. You just have to be careful.
Jesse Lacey;
Awake and Unafraid
Jesse Lacey;
October 31st, 2007 at 02:40am
Ghostgirl191:
^ yeah i know what you mean.

but as far as the law goes with the issue, how do you guys feel about that? is the law to strict? or not strict enough?

The law is to strict. I believe that there are only certain situations where the government has the right to stick it's butt into your love life (like rape, incest, violent, offensive crimes like that). Age difference is not one of them. If you are old enough to fight for our country, then you are old enough to decide who you love. But then again, that's just me Very Happy
ciara.
Crash Queen
ciara.
October 31st, 2007 at 08:22am
All_You_Need_Is_Love:

Even an eighteen year old and a fifity-five year old?

that's disturbing...
though... they're free to choose.
broken toy soldier.
Salute You in Your Grave
broken toy soldier.
November 2nd, 2007 at 06:14pm
so long as you're doing it for the right reasons[like, I actually like this person for themselves]... its alright. But the whole pedophilia and "I like my girls/boys to be young" is wrong. and really dirty too.
sayaprayer
Killjoy
sayaprayer
November 2nd, 2007 at 09:11pm
i think that age is only a number.
but in certain cases like those hollywood guys who are 80 years old
with 20 year old girls is rediculos (sp?)
i mean they could go do it, it just wouldn't be me dating a grandpa.

for teens like think differently
like if you were 13 and someone else was 18 or 19 it seems bad
but, if you were 23 and someone was 28 or 29 it's not really bad atall.
i guess when it comes to teenagers you still have alot to experience
and your growing up and stuff so it seems pretty wrong to date
someone 6 years older than you.
but really to me it doesn't matter.
Senia.x7
Jazz Hands
Senia.x7
November 5th, 2007 at 12:23pm
Numbers a number, 23yr old men + 86yr old women, 18yr old women and 37yr old men - doesn't really matter I suppose, as long as y'know how to handle the situation. As cliche as it may sound, depends on maturity (and love) in my opinion. My 33yr old mum was dating a 21yr old, and their relationship screwed over (glad it did really), mainly due to his ability to like.. not. grow. up.
& other relationships I know are aye okay, just depends xD