Don't have an account? Create one!

Age Difference.

AuthorMessage
Taste_of_Stale_Air
Killjoy
Taste_of_Stale_Air
October 12th, 2007 at 12:11am
I think age limits with dating shouldn't matter, as long as it isn't for the wrong reasons. Unless you're under 16 and they're like 20+.
But if you're under 16 and they're over 18, laws about sleeping together are sensible.
I know I've probably repeated what others said, but i only read a few posts.
Mandi4MCR
Killjoy
Mandi4MCR
October 13th, 2007 at 11:47pm
anyone that thinks that age matters is pretty much stupid. my mom and her boyfriend are lke 12 years apart, and they love eachother so much. and i have never seen her more happy, not even when she was with my dad. and they do everything together. they have a healthy relationship and they get along great. also if you love somebody nothing should come in the way of that. NOTHING!!!!!!!!!1
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 13th, 2007 at 11:49pm
I think once you're over the age of 16, maybe 18, then age differences don't matter so much.

But if you're something like 14, and with a 35 year old - something about that isn't right to me.
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
October 16th, 2007 at 05:48am
Atchoo.:
I think once you're over the age of 16, maybe 18, then age differences don't matter so much.

But if you're something like 14, and with a 35 year old - something about that isn't right to me.

^ well its clear that that kind of age difference is just plain wrong, but there should be ang age bracket, for example, ages [16-20] something like that, something that has REASONABLE limits.
because like i said you cant help who you're attracted to, but if you're like 45 hitting on 13 year olds, then somethings wrong with you, but a smaller age limit shouldnt be a problem.
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 17th, 2007 at 08:53pm
^^ A 45 year old should know better than to progress a relationship with someone who is 13.

Plus, I can't see how they'd be attracted to them as it is.
It's a completely different level of maturity or emotionally.
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
October 17th, 2007 at 10:33pm
F i a:
^^ A 45 year old should know better than to progress a relationship with someone who is 13.

Plus, I can't see how they'd be attracted to them as it is.
It's a completely different level of maturity or emotionally.

well some guys might use the law (if it was changed) as an excuse to be with someone way to young, child molesters like to manipulate things
Your.Guardian.Angel.
Jazz Hands
Your.Guardian.Angel.
October 18th, 2007 at 06:40pm
I...think that so long as the two are honestly in love and thus happy what should the age difference matter... I mean, Im 17 now but before I was I dated an 18 year old and she was such a wonderful person; but at the same time I have also fallen in love with a 13 year-old-girl (that was when I was 16, so, yeah...)... Age shouldn't matter at all...People shouldn't be judged by who they love and the age difference between the two...It's upsetting really...
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 18th, 2007 at 06:57pm
Sometimes when you're that young though, you don't truly know what love is.
Mandi4MCR
Killjoy
Mandi4MCR
October 18th, 2007 at 08:42pm
yeah well maybe they do know what love is and my mom and her bf have a huge age differense. and there isnt an age you have to hit before you know what love is! thanks tho!
Your.Guardian.Angel.
Jazz Hands
Your.Guardian.Angel.
October 18th, 2007 at 09:45pm
F i a:
Sometimes when you're that young though, you don't truly know what love is.

Y'know, this is so true...But it's always frustrating to hear people doubt one's affection for another... Sure some people may not know what love is at the teenage years and such, but I find it easy to believe that during those awkward years the feelings felt are greater than that any adult could feel...It's like the begining of something so new and strong...and by the time you're an adult it could feel like the same old feelings, so much duller than before...
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 19th, 2007 at 05:58pm
I_luv_Gerard_03:
yeah well maybe they do know what love is and my mom and her bf have a huge age differense. and there isnt an age you have to hit before you know what love is! thanks tho!

I don't think you quite understood my point.
I'm guessing and hoping you're mum isn't 13.

That's around the age group my comment was targeted at.
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
October 22nd, 2007 at 12:25am
Your.Guardian.Angel.:
I...think that so long as the two are honestly in love and thus happy what should the age difference matter... I mean, Im 17 now but before I was I dated an 18 year old and she was such a wonderful person; but at the same time I have also fallen in love with a 13 year-old-girl (that was when I was 16, so, yeah...)... Age shouldn't matter at all...People shouldn't be judged by who they love and the age difference between the two...It's upsetting really...

right, but it honestly has nothing to do with love, usually, you've got to be with someone before love, not always, but usually thats the case. this thread is about the fact that maybe the age limitation is to strict. when you're young you dont date someone because you're in love, you date them because you like them and want to get to know them better.
Berylla
Motor Baby
Berylla
October 22nd, 2007 at 10:35am
people make age differences too big of a problem. let the two figure out for themselves whether it works out or not.
but i have to admit, there are limits. i heard a thirteen year old girl in my school was dating a guy who is twenty-one.
im very sorry, but thats just wrong.
age difference also doesnt seems such a big problem when you grow older.
like, 21 and 29 already sounds different and more acceptable.
Thunderbuns.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Thunderbuns.
October 22nd, 2007 at 11:10pm
I don't think it matters.
Every relationship I've been in has had an age difference of one to two years, but that's just because I was always one of the youngest in my grade, so all the guys were older.
However, now my boyfriend's younger by exactly seven months.
Makes no difference.
We love each other, so age should not, and does not, matter.
The only time I think you should question it is when one person's 25 and the other is 85.
I know there are some cases of actual love in that age difference, but for the most part, it's not real.
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
October 23rd, 2007 at 06:10am
^well even then the 25 and 85 one doesnt matter because their both of age so its fine. but what about a 15 year old and an 18 year old? its only 3 years, and my parents are 3 years apart. i just think that when you turn 16 you can date anyone within..idk...a 4 year age group
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 23rd, 2007 at 01:37pm
Is there anyone who thinks age difference doesn't matter, regardless of your age, whether you be 13 or 30?
Thunderbuns.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Thunderbuns.
October 23rd, 2007 at 02:44pm
Ghostgirl191:
^well even then the 25 and 85 one doesn't matter because their both of age so its fine. but what about a 15 year old and an 18 year old? its only 3 years, and my parents are 3 years apart. i just think that when you turn 16 you can date anyone within..idk...a 4 year age group

I know they're both of age, it's just that a lot of times the younger party is only "in love" with the older party for monetary reasons.
If you're actually in love with the person, then more power to you.
And I don't know about anywhere else, but in Kentucky, when you turn 16, you can date anyone 21 and younger.
At 18, it's 16 and up.
I really don't have a problem with age difference.
Like I said, I've always had at least a slight age difference in my relationships.
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 23rd, 2007 at 04:19pm
Here in England, once your 16, you're free to date and marry who you wish to do so.
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
October 24th, 2007 at 10:11pm
^ that sounds nice. maybe i should move to england, i usually like older guys anyways (not like grandpa old, just a few years older than me)
lady gaga.
Salute You in Your Grave
lady gaga.
October 24th, 2007 at 11:49pm
I dont think that age diffrence matters. I mean 15 and 17 isnt bad but if its like 13 and 18 then thats kinda of weird...