Don't have an account? Create one!

Age Difference.

AuthorMessage
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
July 23rd, 2009 at 01:55pm
true but its not just the difference in years that needs to be taken into condideration. for example, 4 year age difference, sounds reasonable for say 23 and 27, or 21 and 24, not for say 12 and 16 or even 15 and 19.
i wouldnt mind dating someone 5 years older then me, but it depends on how old i am at the time, like 15 and 20, thats bad. 17 and 22 isnt so bad.
Strfckrs Inc.
Salute You in Your Grave
Strfckrs Inc.
August 8th, 2009 at 09:26am
See in the end all that really matters is personal opinion
Some people will always look at an age difference & go 'I don't see the problem'
And others will freak out over it

I think as long as both of the people are above the legal age then it's not that bad
Of course a 20 year old with an 80 year old would seem a bit suss but who knows what goes on behind the scenes haha...some people can be genuinly attracted to someone heaps older or younger than themself (and I mean that in a void of paedophiles way)
a touch of anarchy.
Shotgun Sinner
a touch of anarchy.
August 8th, 2009 at 02:46pm
As long as they both consent to it, and are both over the legal age limit, its fine.
The Lunacy Phringe
Bleeding on the Floor
The Lunacy Phringe
August 11th, 2009 at 01:26pm
I'm 17, and my girlfriend is 14.
Yeah, a lot of people are gonna have a problem with that.
But still, we're not doing anything wrong. We're not having sex, and we're not going to, and I'm not gonna make her do anything she doesn't want to, so frankly I don't see the problem with that.
daremr_MCRmy
Killjoy
daremr_MCRmy
August 13th, 2009 at 08:35pm
Well, it depends. If he's in like 10th grade and you're in like 8th, yes, there's a problem with that, he'll most likely take advantage of you.
The Original Bob.
Demolition Lover
The Original Bob.
August 14th, 2009 at 12:21am
daremr_MCRmy:
Well, it depends. If he's in like 10th grade and you're in like 8th, yes, there's a problem with that, he'll most likely take advantage of you.
i don't see a problem with that. why would you assume that all guys in grade 10 would take advantage of you?
Alexface.
Salute You in Your Grave
Alexface.
August 15th, 2009 at 10:38am
daremr_MCRmy:
My last relationship was with a girl two years younger than me (16 & 14) and I never ever took advantage of her. Shifty2
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
August 15th, 2009 at 12:00pm
daremr_MCRmy:

I disagree. That's only a 2 year difference. I just left the 8th grade in June and my sister had a lot of friends in the 10th grade and I don't think they'd take advantage of me. Heck, they were a lot more mature than kids my age, so that would have actually been a better relationship in my opinion.

As far as my actual opinion on age difference goes... I think it depends on how much difference they have. But even that doesn't matter. My grandparents are 12 years apart and they have such a strong love that's lasted their whole lifetime. I think it may also depend on maturity and how well you get along with that person. Like what I said earlier about 10th graders as an example. I hope I made sense... oh well.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
August 16th, 2009 at 06:25am
daremr_MCRmy:
Older partner =/= sexual predator out to take advantage of you.
xxtoryxx
Killjoy
xxtoryxx
August 17th, 2009 at 09:45pm
in my opinion i think that limits definatly matter.
although my brother is daiting a 15 year old and he is 18
i no they wont do any thing and ahe is very muture
what i think is outragious is a 15 year old daiting some one more than 3 years older
Alexface.
Salute You in Your Grave
Alexface.
August 18th, 2009 at 08:38am
^ And why is it outrageous exactly?
K.K.
Bleeding on the Floor
K.K.
August 18th, 2009 at 10:29am
I wouldn't have a problem with a 16 old being together with a (-)28 year old.
With 16 you're legally allowed to be together with with anyone of any age older than you, and allowed to do anything with them that doesn't involve to physically/mentally hurt them.
Before that its definately too young to be in a relationship with someone more than 4 years older than you.
And I might just add that under 14 it's illegal to have sex, or to be 'intensively kissing' and touching and so on..
14-15 year olds are allowed to have sex and bla, but not with someone younger than 14 or older than 16.
K.K.
Bleeding on the Floor
K.K.
August 18th, 2009 at 10:30am
Sry, double post.
xxZalanortxx
Killjoy
xxZalanortxx
August 18th, 2009 at 09:40pm
Love is love. I find that the age difference of a couple doesn't truly matter when they care for one another. There was an ancient Japanese tradition, in which young boys from about 8-16 years old would often have a romantic relationship with their master, sensai, etc. that was often in their forties or fifties (think seventy to eighty in our time). It was not taboo, and was in fact accepted from the society and considered essential to mental, spiritual, and physical prowess. Throughout history, many cultures have had relationships with others that were far older than themselves. It was very common until about the late 1800's. I wouldn't recommend a relationship with someone with a tremendous age difference, but I don't see why the shouldn't.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
August 18th, 2009 at 10:32pm
It's weird to me that what people have a problem with is a girl dating an older guy, like that must mean they're sexually active, but if a guy is dating and older girl it doesn't matter. Girls actually mature faster than boys so a girl dating a slightly older guy, would actually be more, or just as responsible as him.
LunacyFringe
Killjoy
LunacyFringe
August 18th, 2009 at 10:50pm
^^ I agree. Recently people have been arguing the idea that girls mature faster then boys, but in all of my experience with kids my age and throughout my high school it really is true.

Im 15 and dated a guy at my school who was 18 for a little while. And really, I think we got along so well, and still do even though we are no longer together, is because we were pretty much on the same level mentally and emotionally. Ive also found the same thing with other older guys being on the same maturity level of those my age, and with guys my age being a lot more immature then the girls. I dont know why thats the way guys and girls are, but it is what it is.
Wandering_Soul
Jazz Hands
Wandering_Soul
August 26th, 2009 at 11:57am
Age difference doesn't matter as long as its within reason. When you are pushing 15+ years difference its a little creepy. Other than that if two people are in love they should be together. The whole laws regarding being 16 or 18 dont really matter anyways. It's nearly inpossible to get caught, and it wont stop the people anyway.
John St. John
Shotgun Sinner
John St. John
August 26th, 2009 at 01:38pm
When you are pushing 15+ years difference its a little creepy.

Well why? If there both over legal age then why is it creepy or wrong? =/ And why would you care that much about there love lives anyway?

The whole laws regarding being 16 or 18 dont really matter anyways. It's nearly inpossible to get caught, and it wont stop the people anyway.

Hm, I dont know. People get caught all the time, its in the news alot, And theres many cases of people that get caught which dont reach the media.
K.K.
Bleeding on the Floor
K.K.
August 28th, 2009 at 05:56am
xxZalanortxx:
Love is love. I find that the age difference of a couple doesn't truly matter when they care for one another. There was an ancient Japanese tradition, in which young boys from about 8-16 years old would often have a romantic relationship with their master, sensai, etc. that was often in their forties or fifties (think seventy to eighty in our time). It was not taboo, and was in fact accepted from the society and considered essential to mental, spiritual, and physical prowess. Throughout history, many cultures have had relationships with others that were far older than themselves. It was very common until about the late 1800's. I wouldn't recommend a relationship with someone with a tremendous age difference, but I don't see why the shouldn't.

So the 'master' was a man as well?
Disagree with me if you want, but I have little sisters (2,4 & 11 years old) and I think that's just seriously sick.
To have a romantic relationship with someone thats that much older than you is crap.

And just because the 'ancient Japanese people' (and the others) encouraged children to be involved with people way older than them doesn't make it right.

I consider it wrong to be romantically involved with someone when your under 10. To have crushes is okay, but to actually date is just stupid and childish.
//Feel free to disagree.
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
August 28th, 2009 at 07:34am
erm, I really don't think anyone is advocating relationships between children and adults. This is a thread about age differences not paedophillia. Zalanort was simply refering to an ancient custom where age difference was the norm.

I think you got the wrong end of the stick.