AuthorMessage
the original JULES
Demolition Lover
the original JULES
October 31st, 2007 at 09:34am
Please don't start stating silly stuff.
Oprah is not a world leader.
Neither is TV.
That is considered spam. And all spammed threads lead to locking.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
October 31st, 2007 at 10:44am
EndlessSacrifice:
I'm rather fond of Roman emperors Nero and Caligula. Both equally insane, both living on as a legend nearly 2000 years after their deaths. I think that's pretty impressive.

They've got nothing on the more recent ones (eg. Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Hussein, the list goes on...), purely as a result of how technology has changed over time.
I mean, they wouldn't have even dreamed of doing some of the things that can be done today by 'evil' world leaders.

Nero wasn't that bad though was he?
From what I remember from History last year, he was pretty good for a while, and then went crazy, but as for deserving the title of 'most evil world leader', I didn't think he went that far.
But then again, I could be mistaken, because as I said this is only what I remember from history last year.
genresR4losers
Motor Baby
genresR4losers
October 31st, 2007 at 07:34pm
Alx_Aoide:
^Technically, Oprah's not a world leader, but could you please explain why you think she's evil?

um...cause she's just like the US government just on different issues... she buts into everyone else's business and puts it all over the tv when no one wants to hear about it in the first place...

other than that, she's going to other countries to try to impove standards over there when there are things that can be done in the US to fight the causes that she's helping all over the world.

i was just making a joke, but a serious respose to the question that this thread is asking??? hitler

is that better?

is that better?
sparklinggrey
Jazz Hands
sparklinggrey
October 31st, 2007 at 08:55pm
genresR4losers:
Alx_Aoide:
^Technically, Oprah's not a world leader, but could you please explain why you think she's evil?

um...cause she's just like the US government just on different issues... she buts into everyone else's business and puts it all over the tv when no one wants to hear about it in the first place...

turn off the fricken television mate

ooh, and that other contries se comes into is mine, south africa. how can you say that there's things to be done in the US? You guys are spending millions of dollors on a war. So maybe you should rather use that money to solve some of those stuff your talking about. The USA is paradise for any African. AIDS, crime, abortion, rape, malaria is stuff we have to deal with on a level you can't imagine. So yeah. Oprah should lose some weight. But I'd like to see you get off your fat bump and do something before critizing others.

or like i said you could just turn off the fricken television. dammit.
dom howard.
Banned
dom howard.
October 31st, 2007 at 09:23pm
brokenwings:
the thing about Hitler is that if you took his rule before 1938, when he really started persecuting the Jews he was actually a good leader and did great things for Germany, but after that...

im not trying to condone it AT ALL but i just thought it was worth mentioning.

I learnt today he was a messgner boy in the trenches during WW1 0__o

I think Hussein was pretty bad and got what he deserved.
UndyingSoul.
Really Not Okay
UndyingSoul.
November 1st, 2007 at 04:30pm
asha molly.:
EndlessSacrifice:
I'm rather fond of Roman emperors Nero and Caligula. Both equally insane, both living on as a legend nearly 2000 years after their deaths. I think that's pretty impressive.

They've got nothing on the more recent ones (eg. Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Hussein, the list goes on...), purely as a result of how technology has changed over time.
I mean, they wouldn't have even dreamed of doing some of the things that can be done today by 'evil' world leaders.

Nero wasn't that bad though was he?
From what I remember from History last year, he was pretty good for a while, and then went crazy, but as for deserving the title of 'most evil world leader', I didn't think he went that far.
But then again, I could be mistaken, because as I said this is only what I remember from history last year.

Nero persecuted Christians. I don't think it was as many people as the Holocaust, but it was a lot. He was the guy that put Christians in the Colosseum and everyone would come and watch them get torn to shreds. I think Nero and Hitler have quite a lot in common.
genresR4losers
Motor Baby
genresR4losers
November 1st, 2007 at 06:58pm
sparklinggrey:

turn off the fricken television mate

ooh, and that other contries se comes into is mine, south africa. how can you say that there's things to be done in the US? You guys are spending millions of dollors on a war. So maybe you should rather use that money to solve some of those stuff your talking about. The USA is paradise for any African. AIDS, crime, abortion, rape, malaria is stuff we have to deal with on a level you can't imagine. So yeah. Oprah should lose some weight. But I'd like to see you get off your fat bump and do something before critizing others.

or like i said you could just turn off the fricken television. dammit.

okay... i know that the US is spending millions of dollars in other countries for no apparent reason... that's what i was saying... and i'm sorry that your country is so bad, but i think that before you can try to solve the harms of another place, you should first deal with the harms in your own country.

as for turning off the TV... it's never on... i'm just so bloody tired of hearing everyone else talk about it.

and as for getting off my fat bump and doing something about it.... i am... granted i'm not doing anything major scale, i'm just one person... but i'm doing what i can... so... why don't you take your own advice and not criticize other people...
ChildVision
Really Not Okay
ChildVision
November 4th, 2007 at 03:19am
well i do agree that hiltler was deff the worst but.
King henry the 8th was pretty bad, he killed basically anyone who didn't agree with his 'new' religion
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
November 4th, 2007 at 10:51am
I think that these leaders probably weren't even bad people before they got their power.
But, as the saying goes, 'went mad with power'. Sad

genresR4losers
Motor Baby
genresR4losers
November 5th, 2007 at 04:44am
^yeah... i definately agree with that. i believe that most leaders that have gone "astray" had good intentions when they first came to power. but i think that people are generally hungry for power, and when presented with that opportunity, most choose to take it. Now, this by no means excuses the deeds of those such as Henry VIII, Hitler, Stalin, etc. it's just a slight view into the mindset.
misa misa.
Shotgun Sinner
misa misa.
November 8th, 2007 at 04:15am
F i a:
I think that these leaders probably weren't even bad people before they got their power.
But, as the saying goes, 'went mad with power'. Sad

"power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely"

the similarity with must of these leaders is that they were dictators and in having ultimate power were able to carry out such atrocities. many people probably hold similar beliefs as these leaders did but only these leaders hadf the power to act on them. for example, Jews were persecuted and disliked all over Europe by many different people but Hitler and the power and the drive to come to his so called "Solution" and commit genocide
gia
Bleeding on the Floor
gia
December 3rd, 2007 at 04:08pm
Seriously, I believe Goerge Bush is worse that any other world leader in history, orat least modern history.

Being was born and raised in a former communist country in the middle of the former eastern european block, I was told many times by my parents, grandparents and other people about the horrors they had to go through during the regime. And I must say that although the "evil" leaders we are familiar with in modern history (like the communist dictators or Hitler) have done things so dreadfull it's hard to even think about them and the wounds they have inflicted on the entire world's conscience are to remain open for many generations to come, at least they did it because they actually believed that what they were doing was not wrong, they were just acting according to their own beliefs (for example, Hitler really believed that the people whom he sent to die actually deserved it, he thought he was heping create a "pure race"

However, Bush knows that what he is doing is wrong, but he doesn't care, he'll do anything as long as it brings him profit. He's started a war just to get his greedy hands on the oil.
gia
Bleeding on the Floor
gia
December 3rd, 2007 at 04:12pm
NotOkay22:
I think Nero and Hitler have quite a lot in common.

they are the 2 world leaders who were actually considered the antichrist in their time
doctor.
In The Murder Scene
doctor.
December 3rd, 2007 at 07:43pm

Stalin definately gets my vote on this one. As many others have said, Stalin was just as evil as Hitler but managed to cover it up far better.

In some ways, I think it's shocking that children don't learn about Stalin (as well as Hitler) at school. What he did was just as bad and, things like that, should definately not be forgotton.

genresR4losers
Motor Baby
genresR4losers
December 3rd, 2007 at 10:51pm
what about the ancient rulers like Diocletian? he was notorious for persecuting the Christians. He is actually known in Church history as one of the worst, if not the worst emperor for persecution of Christians.

but what about this? technically, one person may be held "responsible" for the actions of many. but take this into consideration. hitler may have made the orders that caused the Holocaust as did Stalin in Russia, but the actions of their followers are what caused the majority of the problem. There is no doubt in my mind that they are the most evil of the rulers, but don't forget that they aren't the only ones that committed these horrible acts.
Nobodys_Waiting
Killjoy
Nobodys_Waiting
December 5th, 2007 at 06:44pm
EVIL!
poopiepeople
Fabulous Killjoy
poopiepeople
December 6th, 2007 at 04:18pm
You guys talk about Hitler, Stalin and Pot Poti and their concentrations camps, genocide and work camps.. But what about the Armenian Genoicide, or the interment of the Inuit, Japenese and some Native Americans in the US and Canada? What about Mao's Red China? They were all pretty bad, and yes Hitler was far worse, but these tragedies deserve some eye openers.
Star Ashes
Fabulous Killjoy
Star Ashes
December 11th, 2007 at 12:19pm
i consider it to be... Adolf Hitler... or Saddam Hussein because they both abused human rights.. Hitler saw it fit to not kill all the blue eyed blonde haired people, and kill the rest... sickening.. he abused people too much in a most horrific way... Saddam Hussein: he also abused human rights, he killed someone and the brother of the deceased man was forced to write a letter of congratulations to saddam on this act. he had to sons... one is more known than the other the one most known is Uday, he had an aide that got his two front teeth ripped out by Uday's henchman and the man isn't allowed to wear dentures or false teeth because he alywas has to remember what he did... fortunatley Saddam and both his sons are dead... his sons died in the 2003 invasion and saddam was hung... im glad... Hitler killed himself and im glad he did that too
Mitch
Salute You in Your Grave
Mitch
December 13th, 2007 at 03:35pm
Choosing one absolute evil man is pretty hard. Everyone has a different opinion and death tolls alone can't constitute evil.

Sure, Hilter did cruel things to Jews, but have you ever talked to a Holocaust denier? They are adement supporters of him and deny the death toll. Its estimated that 10 million people, including the 6 million Jews, were killed during his government (1933 - 45). 1 million alone were killed in Auchswitz, which was open for 3 years. 1370 People would have had to been killed per DAY to reach that quota. Or look at what he did for the nation of Germany? He pulled them out of the depression entirely, saving the country from being broken off bit by bit and thrown to the dogs of imperialism.

Stalin killed about 50 million people. 30 million were political, or he just didn't like them (he was paraniod szchizophrenic). 20 million were from the Great Ukrainian Famine. People could argue that he didn't kill out of evil. He was just crazy and negligent.

Muted Scream:
don't forget about Stalin, Hirohito, General Aidid, and even McCarthy.

Agreed. Those guys fucked up a lot of people.
Mitch
Salute You in Your Grave
Mitch
December 13th, 2007 at 03:42pm
poopiepeople:
You guys talk about Hitler, Stalin and Pot Poti and their concentrations camps, genocide and work camps.. But what about the Armenian Genoicide, or the interment of the Inuit, Japenese and some Native Americans in the US and Canada? What about Mao's Red China? They were all pretty bad, and yes Hitler was far worse, but these tragedies deserve some eye openers.

We didn't kill any, and the interment was for the 'good of the country". We weren't trying to gas them or starve them. 200 000 Japanese Canadians had land taken, were interned, or were deported. 8 000 Austro-Hungarians were interned in WW1. There were very few casualties, and the people who did die suffered from health issues or commited suicide.

I agree about the Armenian Genocide and Mao's Red China. But every. single. genocide. can't be seen as the worst thing ever. I agree, they deserve to be recognized. Rwanda, Somolia, Sierra Leone have all had issues with genocides (and child soldiers) but the best thing that can be done is bring awareness, and hopefully an end, to it.