Don't have an account? Create one!

Middle-School Romance

AuthorMessage
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
August 12th, 2008 at 01:57am
MyChemicalCourtney:
If both people are mature enough they could do the whole "Adult" relationship stuff. I mean Im 13 and Im going out with my 15 year old best friend.
How would they know they are mature enough though? They might perceive themselves to be mature, when in actual fact they may not be according to others.
Most 13 year olds like to think of themselves as mature, but from an adults perspective - they pretty much aren't.
I'm not saying they can't date - they can - but sometimes I think younger people kid themselves about being mature just so they can justify their relationship(s).

And people my age are not exempt from this either. My friends and I really don't see ourselves as being that mature when it comes to relationships, even though we date adults. I think relationships are more about learning than about being mature enough to be in one.
Spirit of Jazz.
Motor Baby
Spirit of Jazz.
August 12th, 2008 at 08:59am
i'm 13 and i don't think there's really a point to dating in middle school. i guess i'm biased because most of the guys in my class are grade a+ scumbags in my opinion, but i just dont see the point.
xxWolvenPrincessxx
Joining The Black Parade
xxWolvenPrincessxx
August 14th, 2008 at 08:22am
I think that it CAN be legit but it depends on who it is, some people just don't have the mentality in middle school to fall in love and some just can't handle the heartache of a break -up yet.
Bleeding Dry
Bleeding on the Floor
Bleeding Dry
August 29th, 2008 at 01:35pm
-Does it really qualify as something serious?
-At what age does someone become entitled to having a boyfriend/girlfriend?
-When has it gone too far?
-Pros and cons

I think it qualifies as a relationship, because this is the age people start developing. Hey, if we didn't make the mistakes until we were 30, we would just be pushing the maturing boundary futher backwards. And where does that get us?

At whatever age that person is fully mentally developed. And its weird today, I know some people who are four years older than me, and are about seven years younger than me mentally.

I think maybe having sex at that age is pushing it too far. If you don't truly understand the concept of "love", which you probably wont before experiencing a number of different relationships, then you will probably end up regretting it later in life.

Pros-
You get experience that you can use in later, more serious relationships
You can find the things you like and dislike in a person from a relationship point of view
Find what turns you on and off
Earn maturity

Cons-
It is easy at that age to get wrapped up in all the "drama", and not focus on enjoying and sharing something beautiful with the person you love
It is far too easy to let other people get involved because it seems important at that age
School is one of the worst things that can happen to a relationship in my opinion.
demolitionloversmway
Thinking Happy Thoughts
demolitionloversmway
September 3rd, 2008 at 04:35pm
i think it depends on the two people.
I have friends who have actually had relationships at that age and really cared about one another emotionally, physically, and mentally
and ive had other friends who "are in a relationship" meaning they like the other person and talk to them in math class.
i don't think its impossible, i think you can love and have a special relationship with someone at any age, but that young i dont think it happens too often.
river phoenix.
Salute You in Your Grave
river phoenix.
September 4th, 2008 at 04:58pm
I think they are feeling "love" of a sort in the very young cases (remember when you were five years old, and told everyone you were marrying your best friend because you loved them so much - you genuinely did love them, just not in that way), and maybe in older cases, but in between the ages of around 8 to 12, you have the whole playground politics issue going on. Any attempts to have a boyfriend/girlfriend at that age are possibly just to gain street cred. However, it may also have someting to do with the fact that your hormones havn't really alerted you to the possibility of "love" yet - you think that all relationships, including adult ones, are about seeming mature, and your head just won't see anyone as an actual, proper, "love". As you get older and puberty kicks in, maybe there's a trigger that kind of alerts your body to start looking for a potential mate; to start looking for love.

Litlle personal theory there, other people may have different experiences which contradict that.
magii_mcrmy
Killjoy
magii_mcrmy
September 30th, 2008 at 08:58pm
I think if you are not in 7th grade yet there is about a .0001% your relationship is serious. If you are not in high school but in 7th or 8th I would give it about a .01% chance your relationship is serious. Once you get to high school it's plausible.
magii_mcrmy
Killjoy
magii_mcrmy
September 30th, 2008 at 08:59pm
and it pisses me off when kids that age go ON AND ON AND ON about their non-existent relationship problems.
Darkromance
Banned
Darkromance
October 7th, 2008 at 06:19pm
I don't really think it means anything because most of the time (like 99%) a midde school romance involves two people who just want a boyfriend or girlfriend and pick the most attractive one that they have good social relations with. Those kinds of romances aren't true. ANd most people are to immature in junior high, anyway. They're horny, or they're just morons. And maybe when two people really would like eachother, a lot of times it fades away eventually.

Although, there have been times when people have met their future spouses in school. SOmeone who my mother knows met her husband when she was 14. i think she had a kid with him(not sure), but they divorced.
Darkromance
Banned
Darkromance
October 7th, 2008 at 06:20pm
Also, on Maury there was this couple where the husband complained that the lady wasn't keeping herself up (makeover episode). They said that they met eachother in the 8th grade.
MCRAreSuperHeroes
Killjoy
MCRAreSuperHeroes
November 3rd, 2008 at 02:59pm
Hey, im just a kid and even though i KNOW I haven't fallen in love yet i think that having a relationship is a really nice way to get comfortable with things and find a way round things.
Being a teenager has its difficulties and it is good to have someone really close who can help you through it and you can relate too.
Hey, you can help them too!
girl interrupted.
Salute You in Your Grave
girl interrupted.
November 4th, 2008 at 05:03pm

I'm in year 9, I'm 14 next week.
I've been with my boyfriend for almost two years.
I think that counts as fairly long.
I'm not counting on marrying him. I don't know if I'd want to,
without ever having known anything else.
I don't believe that love is governed by age, so to be honest,
I think it's better that you have a little bit of a teenage romance,
because if you don't, I think you'd probably feel a bit regretful sometimes.
But that's just my opinion. (:
Incognito.
Bleeding on the Floor
Incognito.
November 13th, 2008 at 03:00am
My best friend (we're 14) has been going out with her boyfriend for 2-and a half years
they are definately serious about one another other (it's so cute)
DemolitionLover1
Killjoy
DemolitionLover1
November 14th, 2008 at 04:45pm
i dont think it qualifies and a serious relationship because they're too young to understand what love is
i think if you have a girlfriend/boyfriend that young it's just as a fun thing. they want to know what it is like and so they just go out with someone.
i think if you're looking for a serious relationship, i think 16 is a good age. or maybe even 18. i think 6-8 graders relationships are just ridiculous
Richey Edwards.
Demolition Lover
Richey Edwards.
November 14th, 2008 at 05:02pm
Well, honestly, who are we to say that a middle-schooler cant know what true love is? We dont know what they are feeling.
John St. John
Shotgun Sinner
John St. John
November 14th, 2008 at 05:22pm
WiltedRose:
Well, honestly, who are we to say that a middle-schooler cant know what true love is? We dont know what they are feeling.

Who's to say Beastality and peadophilia isnt true love?

We don't always know what they truly feel.

If you make a point like that it can go a lot of ways.

That was only an example btw, I dont think beastality or peadophilia is true love.
Marilyn Monroe
Awake and Unafraid
Marilyn Monroe
November 14th, 2008 at 06:30pm
I think that their is a slight possibility of teenagers actually experiencing that true love, because aparently 1-5 % of people marry their high school sweetheart.

It's not common, but it can happen. When it happens to you, it happens to you. No one else can understand how you feel about your boy/girl friend except for you.
drink ourselves dry.
Crash Queen
drink ourselves dry.
November 14th, 2008 at 10:43pm
love is love.
no matter how old/young you are.
i'm from australia, so i don't go to middle-school.
but atm i'm at high school.
i know alot of people who have been dating for years.
they've even considered marriage with that person.
they're growing up, leave them be.
we accept adults in relationships, and trust that they are mature and are able to handle the ups and downs of dating.
so why not do that with people who are growing up?
they're learning, they're loving. what's wrong with that?
it makes them happy.
i love seeing my friends with their boyfriend/girlfriends.
they're alot more happier, and seem to do alot more well in school.
its a great thing to have, to be honest.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
November 15th, 2008 at 02:42pm
ok I have had like 3 boyfriands and one girlfriend. Before I went out with my first real boyfriend I had this friend of mine and he messed with me alot cuase I really liked him at the time, and he took advantage of that and hurt me in so many ways. Well then the first guy after him that liked me was an almost 18 year old guy. We were together for about 7 months, he made my life hell. I was in eigth grade when we were going out and ity just got ot this piont where it was like he was controlling my life and I was simply miserable. Finally I broke it off. I had never felt so great in my whole life, I had my freedom back.

I went out with some friend of mine for two weeks then had a girlfriend who I met online (on here to be exact) and I seriously learned alot about relationships and etc. Well I had given up on love, then I met my last boyfriend. I really fucking loved him, he made me the happiest I've ever been. Then one day I was just upset and didnt know what to do and I was just being stupid and I ended it. Ever since we've been just very dysfunctional. And it hurts cause I really freaking loved this guy. Alot of people don't understand why I'm so upset, alot of people thought I was to "good" for him or whatever. But he was everything that I like and just the way that we were when we were together is the thing that like I would dream about.

So in a sense in my experience, dating in middle-school kinda got me this foundation, I now know what true love feels like, even if i lose it. My parents always tell me I'm not allowed to date till I'm 16, but I'm kinda glad I did it when I was younger cause I learned alot and even though I went through alot of pain when I was with my last boyfriend, I still have all those memories from when I was the happiest I have ever been
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
November 15th, 2008 at 02:46pm
accessorised bones.:

they're learning, they're loving. what's wrong with that?
it makes them happy.
i love seeing my friends with their boyfriend/girlfriends.
they're alot more happier, and seem to do alot more well in school.
its a great thing to have, to be honest.

I agree with them doing better in school, when I was with my last boyfriend we would always talk about the future, and for once I could see a future for myself and I was all excited cause I was hoping it would be with him. Everyday, I couldn't wait to get to school so I could see him and having him supporting me just made me want to do better so that way our lives together could be better. And it was the same for him, he's really smart he was just never motivated to do very well in school, last year he had about a 2.6 GPA, now he has about a 3.4 GPA, so...