Don't have an account? Create one!

The MCR London protest. Who's going?

AuthorMessage
earth2themorgue
Bleeding on the Floor
earth2themorgue
May 23rd, 2008 at 02:39am
Lovesick Melody.:

out of all the articles i've read about the protest, this is definately my favourite.
im so proud of you guys and the amount of positive media coverage this is getting is great.
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
May 23rd, 2008 at 02:57am

^^
That was one of the main headlines when I looked at the site. <3
earth2themorgue
Bleeding on the Floor
earth2themorgue
May 23rd, 2008 at 03:03am
^ really? thats amazing. not to mention the fact that its not even a london paper. this protest is making international headlines. fucking amazing.
jessie.
Salute You in Your Grave
jessie.
May 23rd, 2008 at 04:19am
I am so proud of everyone i keep saying it,
but fuck! what you guys are going to do is amazing!
please please dont let some immature people with too much time on their hands aka those youtube losers get in the ways of putting our message across
if people come just looking for trouble i think the best thing to do is just completely ignore them that way they will get the message that this isnt going to be a riot/mass suicide or whatever and then hopefull they will leave....

EDIT/ THE INDEPENDANT NEWSPAPER!!

Its a broadsheet newspaper in Britain <3
Blanche
Killjoy
Blanche
May 23rd, 2008 at 04:29am
You're so amazing guys! I'm proud that I am a member of the MCRmy. All the hungarian fans will be with you in soul!
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
May 23rd, 2008 at 04:36am
I read that newspaper link avril! this is fucking amazing...it's working...it's going to work! there are actually media on OUR side. I can't believe the news of this protest has travelled so fast...well done well done...show them that we're not just 'emo' kids. We do things professionally.

i'm so proud of everyone who's supporting this protest.
it's useless to be cynical about things like these, as have some responses been to this protest...nothing gets done when you're cynical. Sometimes it's worth taking some risks and see the unexpected.

and check this out
channel V's caught on
earth2themorgue
Bleeding on the Floor
earth2themorgue
May 23rd, 2008 at 07:03am
^^ yeah channel V posted something about it a couple of days ago which really surprised me especially seeing as how channel V is usually pretty slow when it comes to news.
Mrs.Halloween
Salute You in Your Grave
Mrs.Halloween
May 23rd, 2008 at 07:21am
that article from the independant was awesome :]
i don't even care about all the negative comments people are coming out with on kerrang.com etc
cause you have to think of it as, those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind Smile.

goddamn, dudes.
i want to be on a plane over to london next week >.<

oh, and, i wasn't sure if anyone had reported those two idiotic videos on youtube, so i went ahead and flagged them.
these are the comments i included in the reports [respectively]

I'm not sure if you've been contacted about this video yet, or if you are aware of the peaceful protest that is being organised for 31st May, in London, against the Daily Mail and other ignorant journalism against MCR. All the information about the protest can be found at www.whatthefrank.co.uk and this video does not represent what the organisers of the protest stand for. I have no idea who the owneer of the youtube account 'MCRsuicidecult' is and i don't know if this video has been made as a satire but we [the organisers of the protest] would like it to be removed from youtube. It implies that the protest will be a violent one, which it will not be and it also encourages self harm in the 'emo' culture.
I think there is another one of these videos as well, which i will flag also, but it would be very much appreciated if both these videos were taken off youtube and the account 'MCRsuicidecult' was deleted as it condones suicide, and hate towards the Daily Mail, which is not what the protest is supposed to be about.

Regards, Natalie Biernat.

and

I flagged another video for the same reasons.
The information regarding the true intentions of the protest that is being organised [and is wrongly depicted in this video] is supplied in the comment I included in the last video I flagged.
This video encourages self harm and suicide and the organisers of the protest want this to have nothing to do with them. It is a disgusting video, implying that the participants of the protest against the daily mail on 31st of May are planning on taking their lives.
We would appreciate it if this video was removed also.

Regards, Natalie Biernat.

[sorry for my gigantic post]
jessie.
Salute You in Your Grave
jessie.
May 23rd, 2008 at 07:43am
You've done a good job there Smile

Well i've got my chemical romance as my alrert thing on google and this positive article was posted 40 mins ago

LINK
Mrs.Halloween
Salute You in Your Grave
Mrs.Halloween
May 23rd, 2008 at 07:59am
'emophobia' rolling on floor
ahah.
aw, that's a good one; i haven't heard that before.
jessie.
Salute You in Your Grave
jessie.
May 23rd, 2008 at 09:33am
Mrs.Halloween:
'emophobia' rolling on floor
ahah.
aw, that's a good one; i haven't heard that before.

Daily Mail are emophobics! Smiley
gazelles.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
gazelles.
May 23rd, 2008 at 09:34am
I love that article in the NZ paper, though it is getting a little bit old, hearing all the papers calling us "emos". Ah well, that's the media for you, and at least they're on our side. Lmfao @ Idolater's comment about how they were worried this "trend of eyeliner free peace might inspire the band to go nu rave". xD

Yeah, proof that Gerard doesn't approve of the protest, please? You can't just make statements like that and expect people to believe 'em without proof.
Junkett
Jazz Hands
Junkett
May 23rd, 2008 at 10:07am
These are great days to call ourselves MCR fans. Keep up the great work guys, it will all turn out well. Keep the peace.
jessie.
Salute You in Your Grave
jessie.
May 23rd, 2008 at 10:14am
Letters to Cleo:
These are great days to call ourselves MCR fans. Keep up the great work guys, it will all turn out well. Keep the peace.
Scartist
Jazz Hands
Scartist
May 23rd, 2008 at 11:26am
Good news: the second video is now removed (by the user).
Bad news: the first one is not. I flagged it too, but it usually takes a while before YouTube takes flagged videos down.
inactive account
Demolition Lover
inactive account
May 23rd, 2008 at 11:31am
^^^ so have i
Jenny.
Jenny.
May 23rd, 2008 at 11:32am
^ More bad news.
The video has been copied.
There is at least one other copy on someone else's account.
I've flagged it, but there's likely to be more
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J_8eHeMWUc
inactive account
Demolition Lover
inactive account
May 23rd, 2008 at 11:35am
^its pathetic! , i think its best if we just ignore them now
Jenny.
Jenny.
May 23rd, 2008 at 11:44am
^ Have you seen the comments?
There are people commited to commiting suicide.

Is there something like Disturbance Of Peace or something that's an arrestable offence?
Because tbh, I don't want a ton of teenagers slashing their wrists on me.
Mrs.Halloween
Salute You in Your Grave
Mrs.Halloween
May 23rd, 2008 at 11:45am
there's at least four or five of these videos going round youtube and it's seriously making me so upset, because certain people are choosing to twist everything we're attempting to stand for, and people think that's what we originally organised this protest for. there's a lot of mixed messeges and this really needs to be squashed.

i'm really so annoyed that people are jepoardising our safety and our reputation by being so stupid as to say we're going to have a 'mass-suicide' after the protest.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=s9Rt9N4U9aw
this is one of the videos, with the other main ones under related videos, i think.

ugh.
some people.
>.<