Don't have an account? Create one!

The MCR London protest. Who's going?

AuthorMessage
Jenny.
Jenny.
May 23rd, 2008 at 03:31pm
^Agreed.
I was having a mini-argument on YouTube with someone who supports it....He thinks that MCR would be proud of him, and that he'd die a martyr, and join the black parade.
Neutral
Toki
Really Not Okay
Toki
May 23rd, 2008 at 03:43pm
Those youtube video are not genuine.
If you go onto the profiles of people writing support comments on how they're "doing it for MCR", you'll see that their not MCR fans at all, they're just going to great lengths to make it seem realistic, and that's what sickens me.

I went on one guy's profile and his music list was:
Music: Belle & Sebastian, The Doors, Bauhaus, The Cramps, The B-52s, Johnny Cash, Depeche Mode, AC/DC, Mull Historical Society, Trashcan Sinatras, The Smiths/Morrissey, The Dubliners, Dead Kennedys, Led Zeppelin, Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Misfits, Rage Against The Machine, Beastie Boys, De La Soul, N.W.A., Dio, Black Sabbath, Rory Gallagher, Joy Division, Iggy Pop, New York Dolls, White Stripes, Yes, Lloyd Cole (+/- Commotions), Cat Stevens, Jimi Hendrix, Van Halen, Talking Heads, Tom Tom Club, Megadeth, Agent Orange...

No mention of MCR.

Also I've noticed that the ones who have actually made the videos have added loads of other MCR vids to make it seem as though they are fans.
Don't let all their tactics fool you.
They've thought this through and my guess is that they want "emos" to fall for this and actually kill themselves. They're doing this for laughs
gazelles.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
gazelles.
May 23rd, 2008 at 04:05pm
^ I think that pisses me off just about as much as if the videos were genuine, because that's just fucking heartless. Suicide's not a joke, and the fact that they actually WANT "emos" to kill themselves is appalling. I can't believe there are people out there who would actually wish that on another human being. Sometimes human beings as a whole just fucking disgust me.
mental_scottish_lass
Joining The Black Parade
mental_scottish_lass
May 23rd, 2008 at 04:13pm
People who feel mcr would be proud need a good kick up the ass, on one youtube video Gerard way clearly says we are not a cult and suicide is not a good thing. This is getting serverly out of hand and people should just quit with the whole suicide Mcr love the fans not the dead bloody bodies of fans.....mcr WILL come to a nasty end if this suicide bullshit doesnt stop, they have no control no matter how much they yell to stop there is always going be one smart arse who says they'd die for mcr so stop and think ...its starting to piss me off !!!!
Toki
Really Not Okay
Toki
May 23rd, 2008 at 04:16pm
I Am A Graveyard.:
^ I think that pisses me off just about as much as if the videos were genuine, because that's just fucking heartless. Suicide's not a joke, and the fact that they actually WANT "emos" to kill themselves is appalling. I can't believe there are people out there who would actually wish that on another human being. Sometimes human beings as a whole just fucking disgust me.

I know, I seriously think those people ought to be locked up...it's disgusting.
And I really hope that they're removed quickly before any damage is done, because they've made it so realistic that people are even believing in it
Scartist
Jazz Hands
Scartist
May 23rd, 2008 at 04:32pm
I think it's too late to have them removed, it's spread too far and if one would get removed, 5 other people would upload it again.

I think the only thing we can do is to tell everyone that the organizers of the protest strongly disagree that.
Toki
Really Not Okay
Toki
May 23rd, 2008 at 04:41pm
then we've got to make sure this doesn't spread and that the press don't get hold of it
Wake The Sun.
Killjoy
Wake The Sun.
May 23rd, 2008 at 05:31pm
Maybe the organisers could send an email out about it all, seeing as there's the mailing list?
Toki
Really Not Okay
Toki
May 23rd, 2008 at 05:41pm
hmm could do, but then the view numbers of the videos are going to go up..
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
May 23rd, 2008 at 06:56pm
I Am A Graveyard.:

It's doing shit to us as the organisers.
I mean, fuck.
I could be responsible for their deaths.
I don't want that. I don't want anyone to die.

Edit: 520 participants.
jared leto.
Awake and Unafraid
jared leto.
May 23rd, 2008 at 07:31pm
I think this is a great idea. Srsly, we gotta stand up for our rights and mcr's. Its obvious that people honestly can't stand those labeled as emo. Srsly. There's the anti emo riots in mexico, now the daily mail... Its quite annoying actually. People just have to leave us fans and mcr alone..
P.s. I maybe in the states,!ut I support u all in london.mcr,gerard,frank,mikey ray and bob all saved my life and I just want them to know that.
P.s.s. Sry if my typing is sucky. I'm on a cell phone because I'm on vacation...
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
May 23rd, 2008 at 07:56pm

You seem to be getting noticed, and you should really let people know that what those videos stand for, you do not.

On another note, I am so proud of all the participants!
520 already?!
And think of all the people who haven't sent an e-mail, but still show up!

You're making a difference.
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
May 23rd, 2008 at 07:57pm
I know.
I'm just scared to put a message out in the danger that the video get more publication.
I will discuss it with the other organisers tomorrow.
Sonny Moore.
Fabulous Killjoy
Sonny Moore.
May 23rd, 2008 at 08:07pm
Shit. Fucking shit.
Whoever put out those videos is fucking disgusting.
What if some messed up kid sees that and takes it seriously? What if a bunch of them do?
That sick fuck will be responsible for their deaths.
earth2themorgue
Bleeding on the Floor
earth2themorgue
May 23rd, 2008 at 08:09pm
those videos are fucking disgusting. the majority of comments i read were saying how stupid these videos are so i dont know if anyones actually believing it. i dont think even the people who made the videos believe it, its just some sort of sick joke or their trying to sabotage the protest.
these idiots have just fucked up the whole thing. which was probably their intention anyway.
i dont understand why some haters are so against it. like fine, they dont have to agree and they can think the protest is stupid but just leave it at that. theres no need for them to get involved and try and mess it up for us. i just dont understand the mentality of these stupid people. its so fucked up.
Mass Hysteria
Killjoy
Mass Hysteria
May 23rd, 2008 at 09:04pm
Why does everyone care what The Daily Mail thinks so much?

I don't think the band would be too keen on this.
gazelles.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
gazelles.
May 23rd, 2008 at 09:22pm
^ I would say it's not so much about the Daily Mail as it is the media as a whole. Put yourself in the guy's position -- you've been in a band for 7 long years, working non stop and bringing a message about life, encouraging kids to get help if they have problems. And then shitty journalists take one look at the way you dress, listen to maybe one song, and write an article saying that you promote self-harm and suicide, and that you're dangerous to kids of today. How do you think that would feel, when you've been trying to do the exact opposite for 7 long years?

The media has completely disregarded everything My Chem has ever stood for, just because of the way they dress and because their songs deal with some of the darker things in life. They have worked fucking hard to help people, and the media just takes that all away from them with one article, and suddenly they're being demonized. I don't know about you, but I would think, for the guys, that that's offensive. It's particularly not fair to them, and it's not fair to us, as fans of the band.
Mass Hysteria
Killjoy
Mass Hysteria
May 23rd, 2008 at 09:31pm
I understand all that. I just don't see what the protest is trying to do. Is it in support of MCR? Or emos? Or what? Because people are seeming to think it's going to be a load of emo kids turning up and killing themselves.* And I know that is false, but still. It doesn't help protect the band very much from the media, in my opinion.

*i'm not saying that was the intention of the protest, obv.
gazelles.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
gazelles.
May 23rd, 2008 at 09:46pm
^ The purpose of the protest is to peacefully inform the Daily Mail that they are wrong about what they do, that MCR does save lives (and by extension, not to stereotype), and that we are not going to put up with their shit. It's also a bit of a protest against self-harm, but mainly it is to protest the way My Chem is villafied by the media.
Toki
Really Not Okay
Toki
May 23rd, 2008 at 10:12pm