Don't have an account? Create one!

The MCR London protest. Who's going?

AuthorMessage
water-cooler-romance
Killjoy
water-cooler-romance
May 23rd, 2008 at 10:30pm
MCR would never want any fan or anyone hurting themselves. Good luck to everyone on the peaceful protest, wish i could be there but i'm too far away.
souverian.
Demolition Lover
souverian.
May 23rd, 2008 at 10:43pm
heartagram.:

I'm not getting the drift here.
So are these people actually going to physically hurt the protesters or is at all some silly hoax?
I just cant comprehend why someone would do that.

Stay safe, guys. Keep it peaceful no matter what.
Toki
Really Not Okay
Toki
May 23rd, 2008 at 10:45pm
^ think it's just an internet thing really, a hoax.
They're obviously a bit fucked up though
we are invincible.
Killjoy
we are invincible.
May 23rd, 2008 at 10:48pm
I am SO proud of you guys. You're getting media coverage here in NEW ZEALAND for Christ's sake. And Perez Hilton, hahah.
earth2themorgue
Bleeding on the Floor
earth2themorgue
May 23rd, 2008 at 11:54pm
edited to remove some references.
transmission
Shotgun Sinner
transmission
May 24th, 2008 at 12:32am
I just realized the protest might not work. There's no way that a bunch of us (Who are all very pissed off, and have raging hormones, and hardly any sense of the laws, and regulation for many of our feelings) could just decide to do a peaceful protest without anyone getting hurt. We are all too passionate about our cause to have things run totally smoothly, and have no one get so pissed off, something gets fucked up. Sure, there are plenty that work. For example: In the 70's, when protests were being held, most everyone was stoned.....So yea. And much more recently, with the writer's strikes, and stagehand strikes, strikes for world peace and environmental issues, people were more organized, and much more mature.
I think that the idea of a protest is amazing, but we have much more research, and planning to do before all of us can pull one off successfully. Nothing can be just "Oh, I know basically what we have to do, and this is an outline of what should happen" No, things don't work well like that. You have to know exactly what the rules are, exactly what to tell people to do, and act like, and all that jazz.
Perhaps doing another protest, for another cause would help ours much more. Maybe doing something for the millions dying of aids in Africa would be much more impressive that a bunch of MCR fans doing a protest against one little shitty fucking magazine. I'm sure the boys would be much happier with that. We would get more positive media attention. I can already see the CNN headlines now "Emo teens are complaining again" We have to think on a broader scale. Something that is much bigger than all of us. If we don't I have a feeling that it's just going to continue to be a cyber war forever. Insensitive dickheads saying all "Emo kids" hurt themselves and listen to My Chem. Then we retaliate and get into NME. Big fucking deal. NME means shit to all the people of the world. Just one magazine, from on little place on the entire earth. Yes, it's impressive for just us, but I don't want it to be impressive for just us. I want it to be impressive for ANYONE. Besides, NME has nothing better to write about. There's not much to talk about when all you can talk about is stuff in the scene.
If we want anyone to take us seriously, we need to think BIGGER. Not just ourselves and our problems but everyone else, and ALL of our problems. I think that would prove much more.
In addition to this, we all need to start getting ourselves more educated. Buy yourself a goddamn dictionary, and some good books, and start sounding professional.
The reason why I'm saying this is not because I'm mad, it's because I want to make an impact with you all. I want to start cracking down, and doing something worth while. We want to change the world. We could, you know. Anyone who sets their mind to it, and just looks straight at their goal can.
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
May 24th, 2008 at 04:52am
I'm sorry Hope but i totally disagree. Protesting is all about getting your message out there and having your voice heard. Not every protest has to be on a global level. I am proud of the young people who have organised this and have no doubt it will remain peaceful. There is likely to be a huge police presence so there shouldn't be any problems. I'm so fed up with the negativity.
Mrs.Halloween
Salute You in Your Grave
Mrs.Halloween
May 24th, 2008 at 05:00am
thanks Tallulah :]

and PC Load Letter?, we have done a lot of research on the protest.
when myself and The Rumor first started up the website, we did shitloads of research on peaceful protesting and how we could make this thing as successful and smooth-running as possible.
there's a whole section on the whatthefrank website about certain laws and complying with them, and how we want people to act on the day.
we also have a couple of leaders roped in that have knowledge and experience with the law, and have been contacting the police on how many will be participating in the protest.

i really don't know if there is much more we could do to make this thing safer or more successful.

the only thing i really see standing in our way are those god-awful parody videos on youtube.
they've all been flagged, and youtube really needs to take them down.
but still, i don't think that's going to stop us, it's not going to stop the hundreds of people who are supporting the protest for legitimate, true reasons, y'know.
Green Faerie
Salute You in Your Grave
Green Faerie
May 24th, 2008 at 05:07am
Okay that encyclopedia entry REALLY annoyed me. I cannot understand what they want. If nobody kills themselves then they acheive nothing. So... If people actually kill themselves that would please them?? I can't believe that, even from the twisted mentalities that have made those videos.

This protest is so ingrained into my subconcious that I was dreaming about it last night, I woke up thinking of coach times. Too much, my brain needs to get a grip. Smile
Jenny.
Jenny.
May 24th, 2008 at 06:58am
Hopefully, we can just convince the people.

I think we'll have to send out an email.
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
May 24th, 2008 at 07:30am
Yep. It's important that we don't EVER fire up at any hoaxes or rudeness against our peaceful protest. We are not angry, we are not seeking revenge. We are just going to show them our point of view and togetherness.

PEACEFUL protest.

we're smarter than they think, remember Razz

you guys who are protesting- you represent the rest of us fans. Don't let us down! & emphasise PEACEFUL to everyone whom you see on the day.
Jenny.
Jenny.
May 24th, 2008 at 07:33am
^ We will Very Happy

TasteItTV are out...
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
May 24th, 2008 at 07:34am
^ damn! I've always liked TasteItTV...i didn't think they'd be the type of oppose it.
Jenny.
Jenny.
May 24th, 2008 at 07:34am
^ They're not opposing it.

They just don't think they could make it.
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
May 24th, 2008 at 07:36am
^ oh ok i must have misunderstood what you said. That's good then!
Bess Houdini
Fabulous Killjoy
Bess Houdini
May 24th, 2008 at 07:53am
PC Load Letter?:
I just realized the protest might not work. There's no way that a bunch of us (Who are all very pissed off, and have raging hormones, and hardly any sense of the laws, and regulation for many of our feelings) could just decide to do a peaceful protest without anyone getting hurt. We are all too passionate about our cause to have things run totally smoothly, and have no one get so pissed off, something gets fucked up. Sure, there are plenty that work. For example: In the 70's, when protests were being held, most everyone was stoned.....So yea. And much more recently, with the writer's strikes, and stagehand strikes, strikes for world peace and environmental issues, people were more organized, and much more mature.
I think that the idea of a protest is amazing, but we have much more research, and planning to do before all of us can pull one off successfully. Nothing can be just "Oh, I know basically what we have to do, and this is an outline of what should happen" No, things don't work well like that. You have to know exactly what the rules are, exactly what to tell people to do, and act like, and all that jazz.
Perhaps doing another protest, for another cause would help ours much more. Maybe doing something for the millions dying of aids in Africa would be much more impressive that a bunch of MCR fans doing a protest against one little shitty fucking magazine. I'm sure the boys would be much happier with that. We would get more positive media attention. I can already see the CNN headlines now "Emo teens are complaining again" We have to think on a broader scale. Something that is much bigger than all of us. If we don't I have a feeling that it's just going to continue to be a cyber war forever. Insensitive dickheads saying all "Emo kids" hurt themselves and listen to My Chem. Then we retaliate and get into NME. Big fucking deal. NME means shit to all the people of the world. Just one magazine, from on little place on the entire earth. Yes, it's impressive for just us, but I don't want it to be impressive for just us. I want it to be impressive for ANYONE. Besides, NME has nothing better to write about. There's not much to talk about when all you can talk about is stuff in the scene.
If we want anyone to take us seriously, we need to think BIGGER. Not just ourselves and our problems but everyone else, and ALL of our problems. I think that would prove much more.
In addition to this, we all need to start getting ourselves more educated. Buy yourself a goddamn dictionary, and some good books, and start sounding professional.
The reason why I'm saying this is not because I'm mad, it's because I want to make an impact with you all. I want to start cracking down, and doing something worth while. We want to change the world. We could, you know. Anyone who sets their mind to it, and just looks straight at their goal can.

We have a winner. I agree with you completely.
jessie.
Salute You in Your Grave
jessie.
May 24th, 2008 at 10:29am
Tallulah; Schechter:
I'm sorry Hope but i totally disagree. Protesting is all about getting your message out there and having your voice heard. Not every protest has to be on a global level. I am proud of the young people who have organised this and have no doubt it will remain peaceful. There is likely to be a huge police presence so there shouldn't be any problems. I'm so fed up with the negativity.

Seconded.
x..touching_hands..x
Really Not Okay
x..touching_hands..x
May 24th, 2008 at 10:44am
Look, obviously people are going to try and scare us away from this, using the same shock tactics that The Daily Mail uses to shock and scare it's readers.

But at this point, we have made a decision, and now I think it's important that we have enough faith to stick to that. If we give up now, no-one will know the difference between the fake videos and the real message. In my mind, it's more important that we see this through properly now than ever.
Green Faerie
Salute You in Your Grave
Green Faerie
May 24th, 2008 at 10:58am
x..touching_hands..x:
Look, obviously people are going to try and scare us away from this, using the same shock tactics that The Daily Mail uses to shock and scare it's readers.

But at this point, we have made a decision, and now I think it's important that we have enough faith to stick to that. If we give up now, no-one will know the difference between the fake videos and the real message. In my mind, it's more important that we see this through properly now than ever.

I agree. With all the media attention this protest has been given, if people back out or if it isn't done properly it will just belittle the message, or the people giving it. I think people will be ready to meet this protest with ridicule. I for one would love to see it be an amazing success, because in my opinion that would be the best way to show these people how serious these "Kids", "Emos", "14-15 year old girls" can be.

The amount of planning alone that has gone into this day should show people that the organisers are trying to raise a real issue and deserve recognition not ridicule.
Jenny.
Jenny.
May 24th, 2008 at 10:59am
x..touching_hands..x:

Clap
Thank fuck! Exactly.