Don't have an account? Create one!

Lyn-Z Pregnant.

AuthorMessage
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
January 14th, 2009 at 05:20pm
Tallulah; Schechter:
To be fair, Gerard looks more pregnant than Lyn-z at the moment.
Frank's the father? Or are you calling Lyn-Z a man. Or maybe Bert McCracken...
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
January 14th, 2009 at 05:23pm
See Lycia, this is exactly why this thread is totally ridiculous.

Maybe I'm hormonal...
meh.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
January 14th, 2009 at 05:28pm
Tallulah; Schechter:
See Lycia, this is exactly why this thread is totally ridiculous.

Maybe I'm hormonal...
meh.
Are you calling me ridiculous? I detest this!

Nah.

I think we need to all be nice noww. I'm sorry for saying that Gerard's baby would be no special snowflake.
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
January 14th, 2009 at 05:29pm
You're too soft.
You've lost it girl.

*leaves for now and rubs bleeding eyes*
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
January 14th, 2009 at 05:32pm
I'm no tootsie roll. Just a tootsie popppppppppppppppp.
Jenny.
Jenny.
January 14th, 2009 at 06:07pm
Stop being odd, you two. *pats*
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
January 14th, 2009 at 08:55pm
I haven't read every page, but am I the only one who thinks that if both Gerard and Lyn-Z stay in their bands that it might kind of suck to be that kid?
I mean, obviously they aren't going to go straight back to touring as soon as the baby is born, but down the road what will happen?
Does this mean that one, or both of them is going to settle down permanently?
Mass Hysteria
Killjoy
Mass Hysteria
January 14th, 2009 at 09:08pm
I don't really see why people are being all "stop hounding them, this is creepy, it's just a baby, etc" over this ... surely this is good news for the couple, and it's human nature to be happy for someone when they have good news? I don't know, that's how I see it. I think people are just happy for them, and there's nothing wrong with that.

And I agree, i think Gerard's the one with the baby weight at the minute XD
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
January 14th, 2009 at 10:30pm
The Reverend:
I don't really see why people are being all "stop hounding them, this is creepy, it's just a baby, etc" over this ... surely this is good news for the couple, and it's human nature to be happy for someone when they have good news? I don't know, that's how I see it. I think people are just happy for them, and there's nothing wrong with that.

I agree. i think that it's okay to be excited/happy/joyful over someone having a child. it's perfectly normal. even if you don't know them personally it's still okay.
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
January 15th, 2009 at 02:43am
That isn't my main beef. It's all the 'They'll be amazing parents' etc that really gets to me. I mean, How do you know? No one here knows them. Not one of you. So how can you say they will be the best parents ever. Before someone jumps down my throat, that is not a criticism of Gerard, I don't think he's fat/lame/retarded/whatever.*

Also, people are so excited about this baby, not just a passing 'oh that's nice', it's more like 'oh my god this baby is going to be the second coming!'. Of course it's fine to be happy for them but 22 pages about their parenting skills and trying to spot baby bumps is not normal. That's what's annoying me.

Perhaps I'm wrong but i expected more from MCR fans.

*delete as applicable.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
January 15th, 2009 at 09:26am
The Reverend:
I don't really see why people are being all "stop hounding them, this is creepy, it's just a baby, etc" over this ... surely this is good news for the couple, and it's human nature to be happy for someone when they have good news?
I think the issue is with the constant baby bump stalking, the in-depth analyses of what sort of parents they are going to be, and the pressure being put on this child to be amazing because his/her parents are deemed so by the fanbase. To state that you're happy for them because they're excited about it is sort of a one-shot deal, you know? Not a twenty-two pager. That's what Livvy was trying to say. I'm pmsing too, Livs; I'm just armed with chocolate and caffeine at the moment LOL

And with that...

Eponine:
am I the only one who thinks that if both Gerard and Lyn-Z stay in their bands that it might kind of suck to be that kid? I mean, obviously they aren't going to go straight back to touring as soon as the baby is born, but down the road what will happen?
Lord knows it's been done before, and will continue to be done - they'll figure it out. Kids actually don't realize their lives are "abnormal" until some other kid tells them so - food for thought there.

For the first I would say twelve or thirteen years of the kid's life, s/he doesn't give a rat's ass where s/he is, as long as his/her parents are with him/her. I can say this authoritatively as a parent with a bit of an unconventional lifestyle myself, even though Kenny and I strove for the most normalcy possible. After that, the kid starts to develop desires of his/her own, places it s/he wants to be, people s/he wants to see, etc. - s/he starts breaking away from his/her parents slowly.
HarleyHostility
Killjoy
HarleyHostility
January 15th, 2009 at 01:44pm
Idk. I guess I'll never get over the Bert and Gerard thing. Gosh I miss them. But I don't think it will be hazardous if they have a baby due to their bands. I think it'll be fine, Gerard would never let any harm or misfortune come to his child. Blah I'm getting teary thinking about it, I wanted himmmm =[
Mass Hysteria
Killjoy
Mass Hysteria
January 15th, 2009 at 01:56pm
I suppose you're right, in that sense. I haven't seen anything too alarming, but then I haven't been here for the whole 22 pages. I suppose what I mean is there is a difference between those who are simply happy for them and wish them well, and those who are over the top with it. And i'm definitely the former lol.

They should have done what Mike from Green Day did. He didn't announce he was even having a kid until it was born XD.
Xmusic_monsterX
Jazz Hands
Xmusic_monsterX
January 15th, 2009 at 02:50pm
Not announcing it probably would have been the smarter thing to do. I mean, if i were them, the only people i would have told would be my family and the members of the bands... but then again, i'm only a teenager, so i'm not exactly an expert... Very Happy
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
January 15th, 2009 at 02:55pm
The Reverend:
They should have done what Mike from Green Day did. He didn't announce he was even having a kid until it was born XD.
Well, I think in this case, they sort of had no choice, because the pregnancy took Lin off tour - that's why the announcement came from the MSI camp.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
January 15th, 2009 at 05:42pm
Deb:
Lord knows it's been done before, and will continue to be done - they'll figure it out. Kids actually don't realize their lives are "abnormal" until some other kid tells them so - food for thought there.

For the first I would say twelve or thirteen years of the kid's life, s/he doesn't give a rat's ass where s/he is, as long as his/her parents are with him/her. I can say this authoritatively as a parent with a bit of an unconventional lifestyle myself, even though Kenny and I strove for the most normalcy possible. After that, the kid starts to develop desires of his/her own, places it s/he wants to be, people s/he wants to see, etc. - s/he starts breaking away from his/her parents slowly.

Lot's of kids have parents that both work full time, or one of them travels a lot, but I don't know many that with parents that are both traveling constantly.
They really wouldn't get a chance to be together as a family. The kid would always be with one or the other. Like, it would go from being on the road with Gerard, to then being on the road with Lyn-Z, when would s/he have a chance to be with them both and just have family time? And depending on when they decide to go back to touring. Would they do it while the kid was still a baby, a toddler? It seems like, if both of them stayed with their bands the kid would have a very unstable life. Also every kid is different. You can't say that all kids up to 13 don't care where they are. I know plenty of kids below that age who love where they live and don't want to move. And I know others who had constantly traveling parents, who have said that they hated it. I'm sure Gerard and Lyn-Z will do their best and love the child (of course) but it's sure going to be difficult.
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
January 15th, 2009 at 05:53pm
*headdesk*
Mass Hysteria
Killjoy
Mass Hysteria
January 15th, 2009 at 06:09pm
Deb:
The Reverend:
Well, I think in this case, they sort of had no choice, because the pregnancy took Lin off tour - that's why the announcement came from the MSI camp.

Ah, I see. Fair play then
yelyahwilliams
Tragic With a Capital T
yelyahwilliams
January 15th, 2009 at 07:07pm
Eponine:

Lot's of kids have parents that both work full time, or one of them travels a lot, but I don't know many that with parents that are both traveling constantly.
They really wouldn't get a chance to be together as a family. The kid would always be with one or the other. Like, it would go from being on the road with Gerard, to then being on the road with Lyn-Z, when would s/he have a chance to be with them both and just have family time? And depending on when they decide to go back to touring. Would they do it while the kid was still a baby, a toddler? It seems like, if both of them stayed with their bands the kid would have a very unstable life. Also every kid is different. You can't say that all kids up to 13 don't care where they are. I know plenty of kids below that age who love where they live and don't want to move. And I know others who had constantly traveling parents, who have said that they hated it. I'm sure Gerard and Lyn-Z will do their best and love the child (of course) but it's sure going to be difficult.
rolling on floor rolling on floor
this thread amuses me. infact more so than the argos catologue launch shirts we gotta wear to work next week and that IS saying something Tehe rolling on floor
end of.

-joins in with lulah-
*headdesk*
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
January 15th, 2009 at 07:08pm
The Reverend:
Deb:
The Reverend:

Ah, I see. Fair play then

Regardless, With what Linds wears, it be a bit hard to hide a nine-month bump.

Although perhaps if they didn't tell us we wouldn't be talking like we are. File