Don't have an account? Create one!

Rumors Thread

AuthorMessage
CrypticDrummer
Killjoy
CrypticDrummer
August 5th, 2010 at 05:25pm
None of us are trying to "cure our boredom." A lot of fans are genuinely concerned about what happened to Bob and where the band is going and there is absolutely nothing wrong talking about. Instead of talking to fans face to face (which for a lot of us, it is hard to find fans to talk to where we live) we're having a conversation on a messageboard. I'm not a huge fan of messageboards but considering all the stuff that has happened and the fact that a lot of people care about the band and are at least concerned with the future of it it's kind of offensive to say we're just doing it to cure our boredom.

The point here isn't to overanalyze but to merely offer an interesting discussion. Considering a lot of people feel alienated by the band or don't feel the same way about the band and their music as they once did I think it's comforting to know that we're not the only ones. Everyone who has taken the time to really think about this and post has made it extremely clear that we don't know what happened and we're just speculating at this point. We don't know what really happened but it's better to talk about it than to act like it never happened and everything is perfect. Let's try and keep this an intelligent conversation.
englishgothboy
Killjoy
englishgothboy
August 5th, 2010 at 06:15pm
Search and Destroy:
englishgothboy:
here we go again......analysing this just cures your boredom.......come October you will all be very happy..........
Does coming on INO to post cryptic things cure your boredom?

If I remember rightly you did this kinda thing on the old rumours thread too - have you got a source for getting some peoples hopes up by suggesting that they'll be happy in October?
englishgothboy November 4th, 2008 at 02:36pm:
new rumour is that the new cd is going to be out sometime sooner than you think

englishgothboy October 14th, 2009 at 11:35pm:
spring 2010 is the word on the street

Going on that track record I think I'll wait on an official announcement from the band or the label.

And maybe come October/whenever the album does come out a lot of fans will be pissed cos they don't like the new album - a lot of fans disliked TBP so it's not as if it couldn't happen again!

it is a rumours thread is it not?? surely i can cure my boredom in ay manner i see fit? Nice to see you keep such an interest in my posts. my sources are pretty sound and the cd was majorly delayed due to re recording the first version.

of course you do not have to believe anything i post but i hope i see you in October for an apology
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
August 5th, 2010 at 06:45pm
englishgothboy:
[it is a rumours thread is it not?? surely i can cure my boredom in ay manner i see fit?
Saying this is like the pot calling the kettle black according to what you just posted about US being bored. Please.

btw, we go through this EVERY time you post: nobody will believe you until you show us a sound source. proof or it never happened, just as i always say. Let us analyze what we want. If you don't like it or care to disprove it there's a little x in the right hand corner of your window, or a back button to send you to the previous page.
CrypticDrummer
Killjoy
CrypticDrummer
August 5th, 2010 at 07:37pm
lycia.:
englishgothboy:
[it is a rumours thread is it not?? surely i can cure my boredom in ay manner i see fit?
Saying this is like the pot calling the kettle black according to what you just posted about US being bored. Please.

btw, we go through this EVERY time you post: nobody will believe you until you show us a sound source. proof or it never happened, just as i always say. Let us analyze what we want. If you don't like it or care to disprove it there's a little x in the right hand corner of your window, or a back button to send you to the previous page.

Thank you.

englishgothboy, just drop it otherwise we're gonna have a bunch of people fighting over nothing and this thread will be closed.
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
August 5th, 2010 at 09:40pm
Tallulah; Schechter:
Michael Way.:

Thank you for your insight. Its cool though, I'm used to doing this.

Thats quite alright. I know you're used to it, but having seen your posts around the board and how worked up you get over the slightest thing, the sentiment still stands.

[

And, although I guess it 'proves your point' and whatever. I kind of... found that a bit offensive, and would have to disagree with you. I am in no way trying to initiate an argument, or turn the Rumors Thread into the Megan thread. :]
For most of this, i'd credit that I am an aries. I'm very agressive, not nessicarilly angry.
Second, my humor is obviously a lot different from the rest of yours. You guys, are very hard to joke around with (I mean INO as a whole, not just the mods or you).
Perhaps, you know, INO just isn't the place for me....

/sap post
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
August 5th, 2010 at 10:22pm
Michael Way.:
Second, my humor is obviously a lot different from the rest of yours. You guys, are very hard to joke around with (I mean INO as a whole, not just the mods or you).

/sap post

Oh shit I can so relate to you saying that.
But I think it depends which thread you go to because of the people in them.
This one thread I posted in, I didn't get along with anybody in it AT ALL, but in another everyone became my friend really fast.

Anyways... I think we should probably get back on topic...
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
August 6th, 2010 at 03:51am
Michael Way.:

And, although I guess it 'proves your point' and whatever. I kind of... found that a bit offensive, and would have to disagree with you. I am in no way trying to initiate an argument, or turn the Rumors Thread into the Megan thread. :]
For most of this, i'd credit that I am an aries. I'm very agressive, not nessicarilly angry.

/sap post

OK, lets get this sorted.

I never said you were trying to cause an argument.
I never said you were trying to take over the thread or make it a "Megan" thread.
I never said you were aggressive or angry.

You have completely taken my posts out of context and seem to be the one who wants to argue.

All I did was comment on your reactions to things, I think I did it in a nice/jokey way to make a point but to keep things civil.

My point was, that I have observed you in the past on the boards. You seem to take things to heart concerning the band and seem to get very upset/emotional/dramatic about situations that might or might not be happening. I have seen you analyse and over analyse things, comment on how worried you are about people (Mikey in one incident I remember) and genuinely seem upset about the band and their lives.

As Admin it is my job to make sure that the site runs well and that our members are happy and looked after and when I see someone who I think is highly strung and getting worked up over things, I feel its my job to say something. The breakdown of Bob's words was a prime exmple.

Suggesting you shouldnt be on INO is ridiculous and another example of you over reacting. I never meant that in the slightest.As for our senses of humour, I think most of us (all but especially the mods/admins!!) are pretty easy to get on with; we all have the same interests about the band, its just most of us dont get so emotional about it all.

Dont make this out to be something it isnt. I was offereing some friendly advice, and your response both times to me has been curt and in my opinion somewhat rude, but I let that go. Dont make a major issue out of this, there was no offence intended.

/spam

Hello EnglishGothBoy, I had a feeling you'd be back LOL Smile

/morespam

ok, so back to the rumours......
englishgothboy
Killjoy
englishgothboy
August 6th, 2010 at 07:34am
Thanks TS great post to clear the air........so back to the topic what are the latest rumours?
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
August 6th, 2010 at 02:43pm
Tallulah; Schechter:
Michael Way.:

It wasn't about you. It was about other people. simple as that. Smile

...What was the recent rumor, now?
StillNoUsername
Killjoy
StillNoUsername
August 6th, 2010 at 02:55pm
Well I think we wore out the diva rumor ha but I like the October thing! I'd reeeeally like to know your source Very Happy cuz I hope it's true.
Other than that I haven't heard much, except there's a new MCR shirt at hot topic that says "galactic destroyer," not really a rumor.
scarecrow.
Jazz Hands
scarecrow.
August 6th, 2010 at 04:25pm
Any hunches on who the new drummer might be?
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
August 6th, 2010 at 04:37pm
StillNoUsername:
Well I think we wore out the diva rumor ha but I like the October thing! I'd reeeeally like to know your source Very Happy cuz I hope it's true.
Other than that I haven't heard much, except there's a new MCR shirt at hot topic that says "galactic destroyer," not really a rumor.

I wouldn't want the album to be released in October because TPB was released in October.
(childish, i know, it's just i don't want two albums released the same month for some reason XD)
So November sounds better to me, because I really doubt September.
Search and Destroy
Search and Destroy
August 6th, 2010 at 04:50pm
englishgothboy:
it is a rumours thread is it not?? surely i can cure my boredom in ay manner i see fit? Nice to see you keep such an interest in my posts. my sources are pretty sound and the cd was majorly delayed due to re recording the first version.

of course you do not have to believe anything i post but i hope i see you in October for an apology
My point was that you thought it was grand to comment that people are trying to cure their boredom yet you were doing the same thing!

I do tend to remember all kinds of random things and your inside info comments are one of the things I remember about the old rumours thread.
You keep going on about your sources but you don't back it up. As Lycia said nobody will believe you until you show us a sound source & that's just the way it is. I'm not calling you a liar or anything just would like you to back it up since when you post you seem quite certain that these things will happen when you say they will.

I'll still be here in October all being well and if the record is released that month as you say it will be then fair enough but you'll be waiting a long time for an apology from me Wink
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rumour - James Dewees will be the new drummer for MCR

completely made up rumour in my head
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
August 6th, 2010 at 05:04pm
It's not that far to reach to bet October though. I mean, they said fall and October is smack bang in the middle of that.

In my opinion, that wouldn't so much be good sources as good predictions. Just my opinion, obviously. I just feel like anonymous sources have been thrown around so much in the past (most of the time with no truth behind) that using them now is a bit redundant. Either you state a rumour or you give a source.There isn't an in between in my book.

^ I've been thinking about James Dewees being the drummer a lot over the past few weeks. Totally plausible. I just want to know who it is. There's also the idea that they'll go without one for a while, and just use touring musicians for the live shows.
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
August 6th, 2010 at 06:35pm
Search and Destroy:

He was actually the first person to come to mind when thinking about a new drummer...
That'd be wicked cool if he did, though.
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
August 6th, 2010 at 06:50pm
Who drummed for them the other year when Bob had his wrists done? I still have baby brain so forgive me for not remembering. Or did they keep it quiet as to who it was or am I totally hormonal???

(Megan, read back over your post. It was directed at me. Hence my response. Please don't patronise me. Thank you.)
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
August 6th, 2010 at 06:57pm
^ It was Tucker from Thursday and a guy called Pete, who I believe was a friend of the band.
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
August 6th, 2010 at 07:16pm
Thanks Annie Very Happy
CrypticDrummer
Killjoy
CrypticDrummer
August 6th, 2010 at 07:56pm
murder tramp;:
Search and Destroy:

He was actually the first person to come to mind when thinking about a new drummer...
That'd be wicked cool if he did, though.

I doubt it would be Dewees. He's a good drummer but after having Bob in the band they're going to want a really solid drummer. Dewees is a decent drummer but he's more like Matt Pelissier in that sense and I just don't think he could fill Bob's shoes. He seems like a nice guy but I don't think he has the chops to do it. But hey, I'd love to be proven wrong.

I thought it was Tucker Rule from Thursday who was at least recording drums for the album just because I saw Zildjian cymbals on a set after Bob left the band. Bob uses Sabian, as everyone knows.

Cymbals: http://www.mychemicalromance.com/media/photos/gerard-singing

Drums: http://www.mychemicalromance.com/media/photos/drum-parts

This one still might be of Bob's though just because of the drum sticks...he was using American Classic rock sticks that had black tape on them.

In my opinion it's more likely they just got a session drummer like Dean Butterworth who played on Lies for the Liars after Branden was kicked out of The Used. Dean played for Morrisey so it wouldn't be shocking if he did record for them since Gerard and Mikey love Morrisey.

I doubt they have a new drummer at this point and if they do I doubt they'll want to announce it until the new album release date is announced (if that will even happen). Personally, I don't think they'll find anyone better than Bob.
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
August 7th, 2010 at 06:16am
I personally think they wll go for a session musician too. Im not basiing this on any fact, just simply an opinion. Dean BUtterworth does seem like a good choice, but then again either "Pete" or Tucker from Thursday would be choices too.

Only people I think would become part of the band in the future would be James or Cortez.