Don't have an account? Create one!

How you discovered mcr! (and is mainstream really that bad!)

AuthorMessage
MrsGerardWay
Killjoy
MrsGerardWay
December 8th, 2005 at 01:44pm
i hate poseurs!!! i have seen more of them in the town i live then newhere else....thats sad altho there are sum REAL fans
emurlee
Demolition Lover
emurlee
December 8th, 2005 at 01:48pm
Kurt:
i searched for simular music to story of the year... *poof* my chemical romance!

and mcr aint mainstream... if they would been... they would never play in night clubs and stuffs...

Maybe they're not mainstream in Sweden, but they sure are here (UK) and in the US. Confused
twizted_fate
Bleeding on the Floor
twizted_fate
December 8th, 2005 at 03:32pm
just before the second album came out my friend sent me headfirst for halos and ive been hooked ever since i went out and bought the first cd loved all of it got the 2nd album it was even better no i so cant wait for the third cd omg!!but ya ever since my friend introduced me to them ive been a huge fan
Intoxicated
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Intoxicated
December 9th, 2005 at 04:21am
i was watching channel v and i saw the helena video. i went to the computer and downloaded some songs and then i really liked them so i brought both albums Smile
XxBloodRedKissesxX
Killjoy
XxBloodRedKissesxX
December 9th, 2005 at 05:44am
I went through this really hard stage in my life, and became depressed, and i got into music like i killed the prom queen...etc, and so i then came to find MCR of this chicks message that she had posted on IKTPQ's main site...so i look 'em up and happened to like their style.
Jim/kurt.
Demolition Lover
Jim/kurt.
December 9th, 2005 at 08:20am
Poinsettia In Poison Rain:
Kurt:
i searched for simular music to story of the year... *poof* my chemical romance!

and mcr aint mainstream... if they would been... they would never play in night clubs and stuffs...

Maybe they're not mainstream in Sweden, but they sure are here (UK) and in the US. Confused

poor UK and US then.
Sweden is perfectly off... i can mecka music without mainstream stamps^^
audrey.
Always Born a Crime
audrey.
December 9th, 2005 at 08:40am
I first heard them because of my older brother (One thing I was thankful about) He was like "Audrey you should listen to this these guys are cool." So he played it.

My reaction: It sounded really noisy so I didn't like it, it was hurting my ears and my brother was singing which made it even worse.

Mainstream:I dunno what to say.
DKScully
Joining The Black Parade
DKScully
December 9th, 2005 at 09:09am
I discovered them because I have a friend who was totally obsessed...it was either like MCR or go freaking insane. I was already freaking insane, so I chose the first option. Smile
twizted_fate
Bleeding on the Floor
twizted_fate
December 9th, 2005 at 06:55pm
lmao
early.sunsets
Killjoy
early.sunsets
December 9th, 2005 at 08:16pm
My cousin got me into MCR. We were at a family birthday party, he saw I was bored, so he offered me his iPod. I listened to it, and he had a lot of My Chemical Romance songs on it. After that, I was addicted to the music Smile
twizted_fate
Bleeding on the Floor
twizted_fate
December 9th, 2005 at 08:32pm
lmao im addicted to it hehehe i listen to it all the time
Grapes
Killjoy
Grapes
December 11th, 2005 at 02:04pm
by a friend.. she sent me some songs and then i bought their cd Smile
Demolition_Lover
Fabulous Killjoy
Demolition_Lover
December 11th, 2005 at 06:15pm
My friend made me listen to them after I told her Gerard looked like a creepy fucker who is ugly and all into vampires and death. So I listened to them, loved it, loved Gerard's voice and now I think he's a sexy bitch who is all into vampires and death. Wink

Oh and this was waaaayy before they went mainstream, but for all those who discovered them because of their mainstream status.. that's fine with me. Smile
twizted_fate
Bleeding on the Floor
twizted_fate
December 12th, 2005 at 01:55pm
mainstream isnt always bad but sumtimes its just annoying dpending on the band that is mcr mainstream isn't bad but one thing that is annoying is all the preps that hear helena for example and automatically think they r the biggest mcr fans ever
MelancholyMurdress
Fabulous Killjoy
MelancholyMurdress
December 12th, 2005 at 04:11pm
my friend wouldn't stop shoving their music in my ears, and I've been hooked ever since. Simple as that.
twizted_fate
Bleeding on the Floor
twizted_fate
December 12th, 2005 at 04:18pm
lmao awwwmy one friend tried to do that with hedley but i didnt start liking them i still think they suck(which is my opinion)
MelancholyMurdress
Fabulous Killjoy
MelancholyMurdress
December 12th, 2005 at 04:24pm
twizted_fate:
lmao awwwmy one friend tried to do that with hedley but i didnt start liking them i still think they suck(which is my opinion)
Yea my friends try to get me into their music all the time. Mcr is the only band they succeeded on getting me into. And is it just me..or does it seem like we're the only two people on this message board. Haha I keep running into you. ^_^
twizted_fate
Bleeding on the Floor
twizted_fate
December 12th, 2005 at 04:27pm
lmao it seems like we are right now lol but hey we r getting good convos out of this so us running into each other isnt a bad thing LOL
MelancholyMurdress
Fabulous Killjoy
MelancholyMurdress
December 12th, 2005 at 04:29pm
No it's definatly not a bad thing. And since we're talking I guess I should introduce myself. Soo hi..I'm Melissa. lol
twizted_fate
Bleeding on the Floor
twizted_fate
December 12th, 2005 at 04:32pm
I'm Karen but ya we'll save more of the introductions for private message or sumthin(not trying to be mean just some people might be like it's the wrong topic for that blah blah blah) LOL what's your fav. video by mcr?