Don't have an account? Create one!

How you discovered mcr! (and is mainstream really that bad!)

AuthorMessage
Watch Anime
Killjoy
Watch Anime
October 9th, 2005 at 08:05pm
I had heard of them a long time ago, never got a chance to check them out though because we didn't have the internet at the time and I was too young to buy the CD anyway. I had completely forgot about them actually until "I'm Not Okay" started coming on T.V. and it was all a-buzz. I got the CD, loved it. Got the first CD, loved it. The rest is history I suppose you could say.

So.. it's un-determined really.
reinvent love.
Bulletproof Heart
reinvent love.
October 9th, 2005 at 08:15pm
i was on luanch cast listening to greenday, and the helena came on, it was like, proly 6 months ago.
reinvent love.
Bulletproof Heart
reinvent love.
October 9th, 2005 at 08:17pm
actually, it was when helena came out, but i dont know when it was.
lynda is nonexistant
Bulletproof Heart
lynda is nonexistant
October 9th, 2005 at 08:20pm
Moose caca.
BugzyGThug
Killjoy
BugzyGThug
October 9th, 2005 at 08:30pm
I heard of My Chem about two or three years ago. I was in New York for a three day show of one of my fav bands (MSI) and one of the nights My Chem opened for them. I thought they were awesome, and after the show I walked up to them (Gerard, Mikey & Ray) and told them how awesome they were. Then I walked away, and went to their stand and bought 'I brought you my bullets' and loved it. Been a big fan ever since.

Mainstream sucks because i like going to shows in small places on like South St. and shit, and thats kinda hard to do when the band plays retarded huge places because of all the fans they have after being on Mtv. It also sucks because I then have to deal with stupid "teeny boppers" at shows screaming in my ears because they think a band member is hot.
But it's kinda good for the band because then they get what they want. But personally, it annoys me because of what I have to put up with for seeng a band that I like.
Poise and Rationality
Fabulous Killjoy
Poise and Rationality
October 9th, 2005 at 09:32pm
1. I heard people talking about them a lot, and I was really bored one day and was checking the top 100 lists on iTunes, and 'Helena' was number 30, so downloaded it and fell in love instantly. I downloaded "I'm Not Okay' a few weeks later, then bought Bullets, and then Revenge.

2. I thought they were really good, and were unlike anything I was listening to at the moment (I was going through my 'Kelly Clarkson' Stage. Bleh) I felt like I could relate more to their songs then any other band.

3. I really have no problem with mainstream. I mean some of it is really crap, but I'm not going to listen to a band just because their mainstream. Yes, teenie boppers who only listen to Top 20 songs and who think one of the band members is hot annoy me just as much of the rest of you. Trust me, I deal with that everyday. But I really can't blame a band for wanting to go mainstream. I can't think of any bands that aspire to not to be heard on the radio, or what not. So no, it really doesn't bother me all that much.
reinvent love.
Bulletproof Heart
reinvent love.
October 9th, 2005 at 09:35pm
i love kelly clarkson. well, i at least like the video/song behinf these hazel eyes. the guy is hawt!!
And you are....?
Bleeding on the Floor
And you are....?
October 9th, 2005 at 09:52pm
Maybe I'm the only one, but if I were to be in a band, I wouldn't really want to be all mainstream and everything. I would not want a very small following, though. It wouldn't happen anyway because pretty much all of the bands that go mainstream are all or mostly guys unless they are poppy. Yea I don't know if that makes sense, but it does to me. ??
reinvent love.
Bulletproof Heart
reinvent love.
October 9th, 2005 at 09:58pm
dudE i seriously didnt know reliant k was christian, it plaed right after i watched im not okay, and i liked them, so i looked them up...wow.
And you are....?
Bleeding on the Floor
And you are....?
October 9th, 2005 at 10:07pm
i only know about them because my friend was talking about them, and i listened to the marylin manson song, and then be my esape came on t.v. theyre coolios.
Poise and Rationality
Fabulous Killjoy
Poise and Rationality
October 9th, 2005 at 10:35pm
Heh, I didn't know they were Christian either. Same with BarlowGirl.
Poisoned Puppet.
Joining The Black Parade
Poisoned Puppet.
October 9th, 2005 at 10:53pm
I saw it on MTV I heard Helena and I fell in love with the band.

.::Music::.
j8m7h7
Fabulous Killjoy
j8m7h7
October 30th, 2005 at 01:55am
Oh um I have this channel on my T.V it's channel 213 on my T.V and it plays nothing but music videos and it played Helena and I saw it and my first thought was "OMG I love these people!" and I listened to more music by them and I really really really loved it!
stfu.
Salute You in Your Grave
stfu.
October 31st, 2005 at 05:52am
Ok I had heard this song Helena on Fuse one day and i was like damn there good! and then MY obsession started
Very Happy

And the mainstream part dont know what that means but does it mean like famous no i dont care if their famous or like unfamous loss of words there! lol
smoke em
Bleeding on the Floor
smoke em
October 31st, 2005 at 05:54am
i know im a bit late...but..

i was on limewire...just looking around coz my brother JUST downloaded it..and then in everything i typed in i saw "Helena" by My Chemical Romance and i got angry about it coz it kept popping up....

then i watched the MTV awards and i saw a sample of it and then i was like 'hey thats cool.." so i downlaoded it..

and so my obsession began...
sadie goes moo
Always Born a Crime
sadie goes moo
October 31st, 2005 at 12:13pm
Okay, so i found out bout mcr in 2003 when my friend got there first album, i heard gerard i was like "wowers. he's so sexy voiced" so i got there 1st cd. in 2004 when they released sweet revenge i got it in july (yes, before they had released it over here Smile ) and was shocked by how much Gerards voice had change. still as sexy as the 1st cd. but, peeps over here hav never herd of mcr :O
I'm on the radio!!
Salute You in Your Grave
I'm on the radio!!
October 31st, 2005 at 12:18pm
when american idiot was released by greenday i started watching Kerrang! and one day I'm Not Okay came on and i loved it! so i got their album
gerard_way_fan
Killjoy
gerard_way_fan
November 1st, 2005 at 12:38pm
well 5 months ago my cousin brother brought over his cds and i saw their first cd in his cd case. so i decided to listen to them and i LUVED them! and he told me they had a second cd out and i decided to buy that one and listen to it! and it just so happens that I LOVE 'EM TO DEATH NOW! lol. but yeah...my cousin brother helped my discover them SO I THANK 'EM!
Echoes of Lost Hope
Salute You in Your Grave
Echoes of Lost Hope
November 1st, 2005 at 01:14pm
In february 2005 when i was in my lab class at a career center I attended for business classes, we had to learn this program called "excel" and my teacher let us listen to some music on our computers if we brought our own headphones so we could stay motivated. Well one of my friends suggested for me to go to mtv.com and listen to mtv2 radio so I did. The song "I'm Not Okay (I promise) came on and when i heard it I stopped what I was doing and sat with awe as I listened. It was such an honest, powerful anthem and i was completely blown away. I turned to my friend Mike and i was like "dude, did you hear this song yet? it's fucking awesome" and he said yeah he has their cd and that they're one of his favourite bands. I thought "my chemical romance" was a very...interesting band name and I tried to remember it so I could tell my best friend. But when I got home to call her I forgot their name and the name of the song. I heard it again in march and told her about it and she was like "yeah I know them. I love their song helena. I saw their video" so yeah I heard them before she did, but she saw them before I did. I got her the cd for her birthday and she recommended that I buy it for myself. I did in June when I got money for my graduation from my grandparents. I bought both of their cds. And I've been a fan ever since.