Don't have an account? Create one!

How you discovered mcr! (and is mainstream really that bad!)

AuthorMessage
Echoes of Lost Hope
Salute You in Your Grave
Echoes of Lost Hope
November 1st, 2005 at 01:14pm
also i didn't see their helena video until late june
fallen_angel
Bleeding on the Floor
fallen_angel
November 1st, 2005 at 02:58pm
i was in my cousins room one day just browsing through his rather rubbish cds when i saw bullets. i asked him what it was cause i'd never heard of them before and i can remember him just saying

"ugh...just some crappy cd someone left over",

he said i could have it, cause it was rubbish. then i played it and the first track came on. i was like

"what the hell?"

and dare i say it.. but my obsession started when track 2 started, then i grew to love romance aswell ... so thats how i discovered them

and i really dont like mainstream for some weird reason, but i think its better for a band to go mainstream, because it creates many devoted fans. we can always kill all the teenies. teenies make me giggle te he te he
~RAGE*n*LOVE~
Killjoy
~RAGE*n*LOVE~
November 1st, 2005 at 03:12pm
I was talking to my friend online one day and for some reason we started talking about what music we were listening to at that exact moment

she said she was listening to MCR and when i asked who that was she told me i "would soon know"- that was her exact words

then the next day at school she handed me a cd and that was it....

so i gotta thank her
satan's rainbow
Motor Baby
satan's rainbow
November 1st, 2005 at 05:08pm
i'd say it twas mtv playing helena video every night between 9:30 and 12:30 sooooooo i have to say if it wasn't for them going at least a bit mainstream i wouldn't have heard them!!~the shock!! the horror!!~
razorbladekisses00
Jazz Hands
razorbladekisses00
November 1st, 2005 at 07:55pm
I heard the song Helena on TV and on the radio.. then i bought their 2nd CD or actually my boyfriend did.. then he bought me thier first one.
Im Not A Fool! Fool.
Salute You in Your Grave
Im Not A Fool! Fool.
November 2nd, 2005 at 06:30am
i was in bali..... it was the day after the recent bombings, (oct 1st '05) and we couldnt leave the resort, so i watched MVT in the hotel room, and Ghost of You came n and i was like "COOL!" and it was on like, 50 times a day, (popular song) so it really grew on me. and i find it disappointing that all the britney fans and shit are finding them cool. i mean, its only cuz they reckon Gerard is hot, not cuz THEY CAN PLAY MUSIC! i just wish i had discovered them b4 all they did.
MyCheckersAreLost
Joining The Black Parade
MyCheckersAreLost
November 2nd, 2005 at 07:31am
My friend asked if i wanted to a concert with her and i said yes.. And it turned out to be mcr.. I listened to them and now i can't get their songs out of my head ;D The concerts in 12 days...

I don't mind about them being mainstream... Who cares if their mainstream?! As long as they play great music..!
SendMyResignation_x
Killjoy
SendMyResignation_x
November 2nd, 2005 at 04:55pm
I saw the original video from I'm Not Okay (I Promise) on a music channel and instantly loved them
rhythm_melody_harmony
Killjoy
rhythm_melody_harmony
November 2nd, 2005 at 05:21pm
actually, i overheard many people talking about some "Helena" song, and i downloaded it, and i fell in love with it instantly
Evil_Joan
Killjoy
Evil_Joan
November 2nd, 2005 at 05:51pm
Honestly? I found Bullets at a yard sale and thought the CD looked pretty cool, so i bought it. And then they got more "mainstream" and i bought their most recent album once i heard I'm Not Okay. So yeah.
ieroXrocks
Killjoy
ieroXrocks
November 2nd, 2005 at 08:11pm
i had no clue bout mcr till my friend told me, prob cause helena....what a hoe
iDancewithWolves
Thinking Happy Thoughts
iDancewithWolves
November 2nd, 2005 at 08:45pm
i first heard about mcr was in the AP magazine. the article was about frank and at the same time i got a $100 gift card to F.Y.E from my cousin.
i went and bought all the CDs that i wanted and i had like $20 left, soo i was like
*hey that guy frank from the AP magazine sounds pretty cool and his bands seems amazing and something that ill like, let me buy it and check it out*
soo i bought "I Brought You My Bullets You Brought Me Your Love"
as soon as i popped it in my CD player i FLIPPED and FELL IN LOVE WITH THEM.
and when "Three Cheers For Sweet Revenage" came out, i was like "DRIVE ME TO THE MALL"
i dont like possers. i have alot of them in my skool. all they talk about is music music and music. im like "SHUT THE FCUK UP" but then i just stopped listening to them. soo now im like watever.
MyBrutalRomance
Thinking Happy Thoughts
MyBrutalRomance
November 3rd, 2005 at 09:10am
i first discovered MCR when i saw thier Im not okay video...and at first,i thought "who are these idiots?,dumbasses!" but when i went to school later that month my frend was singing Helena and i heard it and it was catchy and i asked her what band sang that? and she was like "My Chemical Romance..they rock!!" and i was like "ok they sound ok!" then she sed dat i should watch their new video Helena she recommended it bcoz it was nice!!! then when i watched it i got the Last Song Syndrome!! i was singing it everyday and thats where i got obsessed and i've asked my seatmate at class if she knew MCR and she sed yes and she was like "I like Gerard Way" and at that moment when she sed dat the obsession started with Gerard Way and with MCR!!!! and i regretted wat i sed last last last last last month!!!!! [look whose the dumbass now?!? LOL!!!] hahahahhahahahahaha...GO MCR YOU ROCKS MY SOCKS EVERTIME!!!!!!!! woo hoo!!!
[.x.]EpHeDrInE[.x.]
Killjoy
[.x.]EpHeDrInE[.x.]
November 3rd, 2005 at 07:23pm
The first time I discovered MCR:
1. I saw "Helena" on TV and was like glued to the screen because of the music and pretty dancers. =P
2. My friend played the beginning of "I'm Not Okay (I Promise)"
3. I fell in love after that. Hehe.
pleasure.
Bulletproof Heart
pleasure.
November 3rd, 2005 at 08:18pm
I probably found out about then around may/june 2005.This girl on my softball team was talking about them, I really didn't pay attention to her because she's pretty annoying.A couple days later I saw Helena, from then on I was hooked. I live in a small town so I didn't really hear about them until 3 cheers came out.I got 3 cheers a couple weeks later. I just got love/bullets last weekend because I couldn't find it anywhere, I love it.The whole mainstream thing sucks because all the stupid fucken teenies and preps.The way I see it is if they didn't go mainstreem I would've never heard of them.
LADYoverkill
Killjoy
LADYoverkill
November 5th, 2005 at 08:32am
I knew of them for quite a while, but was never really interested in them... they got popular over here earlier this year (2005) with I'm Not Okay and I still didn't really like them. I only got into them when my boyfriend and I were watching Helena for about the 5th time. He got me into them. I'm not bothered by the whole 'mainstream' thing. It just means their music is available in NZ! The other bands I like are hard to find in this shithole Razz
Becky has a rainbow.
Always Born a Crime
Becky has a rainbow.
November 5th, 2005 at 06:14pm
I can't remember how long ago it was but it basically went like this...

I was on my friends friends blog (at this time i was very nieve and had no idea about stuff...i had just found greenday) and i saw her list of bands...i started trying out all the bands. I saw mcr and i found their album on itunes...i sampled all of it again and again(obsession starts) then i found their website...watched their videos heard some songs...bought album...etc
after that its like i bought whatever i could find of theirs...i found stuff out bout them...
And you are....?
Bleeding on the Floor
And you are....?
November 5th, 2005 at 06:19pm
I wouldn't say that mainstream is all that bad, although I don't like ti when they get TOO mainstream. If that makes any sense. Had I not heard INO, I would not have heard of them at all when I did. So I guess I might be kinda contradicting myself there somewhere, but I understand it, so...
chillpill
Always Born a Crime
chillpill
November 5th, 2005 at 06:24pm
Well.. I listened to Helena and I wanted to know why they made the song. I soon found out about their late grandmother, and I felt so sad about it. So, I started listening to their other songs, and then I got addicted to them.
Becky has a rainbow.
Always Born a Crime
Becky has a rainbow.
November 5th, 2005 at 06:25pm
oh yeah and i 4got 2 say i don't mind them getting mainstream...as long as a band sticks to what they're best at then you should like the band for their music and not the people that listne to them