Don't have an account? Create one!

How you discovered mcr! (and is mainstream really that bad!)

AuthorMessage
~Amber~
Motor Baby
~Amber~
August 3rd, 2005 at 07:30pm
lol well i like to think so but bands will come bak... its a buissy buisness and besides i usually have to drive 4hrs to see em.. except for the nezt gd concert on 45 min yess lol
Pameleah
Joining The Black Parade
Pameleah
August 3rd, 2005 at 07:31pm
i always have a three hour drive to any concert venue.
oh well this isnt the point of thistopic
~Amber~
Motor Baby
~Amber~
August 3rd, 2005 at 07:32pm
yea really lol k we'll let other ppl post
circa leena
Salute You in Your Grave
circa leena
August 3rd, 2005 at 07:34pm
yeah im going to see green day in less then a month woot woot! i know this girl in my school, stephanie, and she admitted the only reason she likes mcr is because gerard is hot and she wants to get with him.
~Amber~
Motor Baby
~Amber~
August 3rd, 2005 at 07:45pm
gah.... thats scary and like it would happen god... teenies everywhere Mad
Shorty;
Salute You in Your Grave
Shorty;
August 3rd, 2005 at 07:48pm
very true. i agree. We can't escape them..
serene dream
Salute You in Your Grave
serene dream
August 3rd, 2005 at 07:50pm
i found them thanks to kerrang! Very Happy they had £2 off 'you brought me...' and me being cheap and open to knew bands (kerrang gave them a raving review) i went and bought it Very Happy so happy i did

mainstream isnt that bad...without it some people wouldnt have heard half the bands they love now. Yes it attracts unwantes attention but they can never escape it.

also this is in the wrong forum i shall move it for you Very Happy
~Amber~
Motor Baby
~Amber~
August 3rd, 2005 at 07:51pm
right no matter wt band or artist there will always be teenies stalking them *shivers*
Schmickles
Killjoy
Schmickles
August 3rd, 2005 at 08:17pm
Channel surfing the music stations!
I heard "I'm not okay (I promise)" late last year on TV and I had that song stuck in my head for about a week!
T0XIC L0VE x3
Killjoy
T0XIC L0VE x3
August 3rd, 2005 at 08:23pm
1. I was at my cousins Broc's house... and we were online and we were looking at the different band names and we saw 'My Chemical Romance' i was omg. Lets watch their vedio and thats how it started.

2. I though their vedio was awesome!! But i thought all their songs sounded alike until i really listened to the Lyrics and i love them

3. I was a little upset.. but i was expecting it.
~Amber~
Motor Baby
~Amber~
August 3rd, 2005 at 08:24pm
<same wiv me... uno it will happen
[MCR_revenge]
Killjoy
[MCR_revenge]
August 3rd, 2005 at 08:24pm
1. my friend introduced "drowning lessons" to me.
2. my reaction was to buy there i brought u my bullets u brought me ur love cd.
3. it sux that there mainstream
[MCR_revenge]
Killjoy
[MCR_revenge]
August 3rd, 2005 at 08:28pm
hehe other ppls answer were long mine was kinda short Laughing
chemically_romanced_2005
Jazz Hands
chemically_romanced_2005
August 3rd, 2005 at 09:16pm
[quote="Pameleah"]hi sweethearts
i just want to ask you all how you all encounted this band for the first time and 2. your first reaction ? and 3. are you dissapointed they have gone into the mainstream?

I was in CA a few weeks ago and saw them on MTV2.

My first reaction was "Whoa! That guy (Gerard) is beautiful!" That made me want to start listening to the music and fell in love with the music.

Not really, because that's how I heard about them, isn't it?
oidojieajo
Joining The Black Parade
oidojieajo
August 3rd, 2005 at 10:41pm
I heard "Demolition Lovers" maybe two years ago, but I didn't know who it was. But then, about a year ago, I heard "I'm Not Okay" and after that, I really liked the song so I went on the 'net to hear some other songs. I came to discover that I really liked the musicality of the different parts and how they fitted together. I also fell in love with Gerard's additude in his lyrics and voice.
Then, what really pushed me off into the deep end with my fasination with My Chem. happened on my birthday back in febuary, because that was the day that the video for "Helena" premiered. After that, I just couldn't get enough of their music.
And a little over two months ago, I saw them play at Warped, and they are one of my favorte bands to see live.
guns_go_bang_bang
Thinking Happy Thoughts
guns_go_bang_bang
August 3rd, 2005 at 11:22pm
1. I first saw the video for Im Not Okay(original video) about 6-7 months ago and pretty much fell inlove with them!
2. I loved them pretty much imediatly, after i heard them i wanted to know about them then about a month an a half after i got to go see them on ToC
3.I dont like the whole mainstream thing! thats why i have stopped watching mtv i only watch mtv2 and mtv hits, but i guess they were destined to get big at one point, even if its with a bunch of lil teenies who only watch mtv and wear abercrombie(sorry if your one of those!)
XxPoisoned_CookiexX
Demolition Lover
XxPoisoned_CookiexX
August 4th, 2005 at 12:30am
1. on the radio, 1year and a month ago.
2. I automaticly loved it, fell in more love with it when I found out they were from NJ Razz
3. I just don't want Preppy kids starting singing them after calling people "goths" cause of the Helena vid.. and dont want Teenies.!
MyWordsAreLackingHonestyX
Thinking Happy Thoughts
MyWordsAreLackingHonestyX
August 4th, 2005 at 01:11am
1. I'm pretty sure it was when the 2nd album first came out, I was in Sam Goody and they were stalking the shelves with them, I had recognised the name so I bought the C-D.
2.When the first song started playing through my headphones, I fell inlove. They were, and still are, the best C-D in my large collection.
3.It didnt bother me that much because as they get popular, there still doing the same music but there getting more people to listen to the music and love it. Not everyone will go and buy the C-D so seeing them on TV lets them hear MCR. But I hate the teenies. DIE TEENIES!!
OMGz AMY!
Bleeding on the Floor
OMGz AMY!
August 4th, 2005 at 02:01am
yess i am new... shoot me

1.i was sick one day ...sometime in march i think(2005) and i dont have any other music channels but mtv and vh1 so i woke up to mtv and this video came on and what do ya know? its mcr "im not okay(i promise)"...
2.i remember thinking omg they are so awesome and as i listened to the lyrics of the song i thought woah they really get me!and the obsession started...
3.i wasnt that dissapointed cause if it werent for mtv i would have never heard them! but it did dissapoint me when this girl who copied me all the time started to like them when she found out i did and the only song she had heard was "helena" and like a month earlier she told me she liked avril lavine *shudders and shivers and all that* but i dont really beleive in all of that "o i was there very first fan! so im the only one who can like them" stuff.so..yah

ps: how the ...f- do u get an avatar on this thing?
Unknown Angel
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Unknown Angel
August 4th, 2005 at 02:53am
1. I remember watching Fuse late one night awhile back (I always do that, Power Fuse rocks) and saw "I'm Not Okay", funny video. I never heard of them before then which makes me feel cheated and stupid.
2. I thought "I'm not okay" was good, they got my attention with it but I wasn't in love until Helena.
3. I'm kinda shocked, I was watching MTV and saw Helena on TRL at #2 and thought "What the fuck? When did this happen?" I mean it was already playing for awhile on Fuse before MTV got their hands on it. But it doesn't bother me, just kinda took me back. The boys deserve it even thou they have to run for their lives from teenies.