Don't have an account? Create one!

How you discovered mcr! (and is mainstream really that bad!)

AuthorMessage
ferris wheel ablaze
Killjoy
ferris wheel ablaze
November 14th, 2005 at 07:18pm
My friend used to live in New Jersey while My Chemical Romance was just beginning to start out as a band, but they were underground. I was visiting her on the week of her birthday, and we decided to go to their concert, and took her word for them 'being really good.' I went to the concert with her, and it was fucking awesome; I`ve been hooked on ever since. =}
Video Kid
Shotgun Sinner
Video Kid
November 14th, 2005 at 07:22pm
Yahoo.com. I would watch music videos on there and I used to skip over them because they kinda scared me and it "wasnt my type of music." coughwusscough
monroevillecemetery
Joining The Black Parade
monroevillecemetery
November 15th, 2005 at 09:41pm
I remeber that moment so well.
It was like in feburary.
I was watching videos on Yahoo when all of a sudden this guy with black hair was just standing there and singing. I knew he was going to be an important part of my life. But I didn't know what my mom would think so I looked at the band name and song. Closed it and waited till later. Later on I saw the video and I was in love. It was the best video I had ever seen. And Gerard sounded so amazing!! The lyrics were beautiful the video was beautiful and Gerard being beautiful was an extra 10 points. Wink I don't know its like when you see some things you know they're going to be important to you. Or that you will like them. Something like that. Something that just fits with everything. Smile
Red_of_a_Rose
Jazz Hands
Red_of_a_Rose
November 15th, 2005 at 10:10pm
we were at the park and my friend forced me against my will to listen to them. She made me listen to "you know wat they do to guys like us in prison" and at the end u know when there is that girlish laughter it made me laugh so hard i fell off a swing backwards. It kinda hurt. Oh well.
I'llgodownwithmyfriends
Killjoy
I'llgodownwithmyfriends
November 15th, 2005 at 10:41pm
it was in dec 2002 and i was doing a report for school on drug and chemicals and what it does to people. and i saw something about mcr and checked it out and then i listened to vampires and i dont like it that their mainstream now its weird
[My Paper Heart<3]
Jazz Hands
[My Paper Heart<3]
November 19th, 2005 at 10:15am
my bro got their CD when they supported taking back sunday and he said i would like them ... and i did!!!!!!!! now they r my fav band ... u guys rock!
MCR_LOVER
Killjoy
MCR_LOVER
November 19th, 2005 at 10:40am
It was sometime last year in the month of Januray,

I was sitting in my room bored to death flipping through the channels with nothing better to do. I see this music video on MTV (I don't have MTV2). When the video was done I was like "THIS VIDEO IS SO FUCKING AWESOME! GOD DANMIT! I DIDN'T BOTHER SEEING THE NAME OF THE BAND! By the way it was the "I'm Not Okay" music video. So the next time I see this video the first thing I'm gonna do is see the name of the band so I don't keep punching myself. When I see the video I read the name My Chemical Romance and I was like "FINALLY I KNOW THIER NAME!!!!!". And I loved them ever since. It was the music not the name but I like the name they chose.
--xsarahx--
Thinking Happy Thoughts
--xsarahx--
November 19th, 2005 at 10:52am
Ppl on GSB had the cover of Three Cheers for their avas
Freddy
Always Born a Crime
Freddy
November 19th, 2005 at 03:33pm
my friend was all pissed off about them cos she hates them so i left helena on to piss her off and ended up loving it.. then i bought the album and looved the rest of it!!
Merciful__
Jazz Hands
Merciful__
November 20th, 2005 at 12:53pm
i was flicking through the music channels and i saw the "i'm not ok" vid, and i thought it was amazing!i want out a week later and bought the album, much to the dislike of my mom. But i listened to it and loved it! Very Happy
And you are....?
Bleeding on the Floor
And you are....?
November 20th, 2005 at 01:23pm
Last december I was watching music videos around 6 in the morning, and Im not okay came on. I went to school and told my friends "Hey, I saw this awesome band this morning." And told them what the video was about. Then Sarah said, "Oh, that's My Chemical Romance. They are really awesome, you should hear some more of their songs." So I stole my other freind's cd and I loved them. And ever since then, they have been one of my fave bands... Well, now they are my favorite.
miss_lexus
Really Not Okay
miss_lexus
November 20th, 2005 at 09:00pm
this guy, whos actualy a prick unfortunately, showed me the light of mcr. sent me thank you for the venom. and got hooked. then saw im not ok and jus loved the tune.
unleash.the.bats.x
Motor Baby
unleash.the.bats.x
November 20th, 2005 at 09:14pm
I was at friends house and she introduced me to the used. Then i got into them and heard they were really great friends with my chemical romance and they sounded alike. So one day when i was in CA i heard im not okay on the radio and they said it was my chemical romance. The song was stuck in my head so i just bought the cd. I fell in love with the cd and then got the first.
unleash.the.bats.x
Motor Baby
unleash.the.bats.x
November 20th, 2005 at 09:17pm
Red_of_a_Rose:
we were at the park and my friend forced me against my will to listen to them. She made me listen to "you know wat they do to guys like us in prison" and at the end u know when there is that girlish laughter it made me laugh so hard i fell off a swing backwards. It kinda hurt. Oh well.

lol. thats bert mccracken
he does it constantly on the used's second cd, 'in love and death'
And you are....?
Bleeding on the Floor
And you are....?
November 20th, 2005 at 09:18pm
That was really bert? Haha, I thought it was Frank for some odd reason...
Vany
Joining The Black Parade
Vany
November 22nd, 2005 at 09:12am
it's bert... when i heard he sang the backvocals of you know i sat silent next to the cdplayer and tried to hear him... and i really heard him... but i was like nearly falling off the chair b/c i didn't remember that gerard's singin as well Laughing

first time: after i became a fan of the used i read a lot about mcr and eventually i listened to them too

first reaction: i was grinning and then rocking ^^

mainstream: i don't know... probably it's great for them, but i'd hate when everybody from my school would talk about it...

i just hope the concert tickets won't rise!
gerardwaywannabe
Motor Baby
gerardwaywannabe
November 24th, 2005 at 11:18am
Encounter : Well , that was 1.00 a.m something and I was studying for my exam with my TV on . And the channel I picked is MTV . When I was writing , the video Helena was showing .

Reaction : Ugh , OMG ! Whom is that creepy voice ? What a weird song and look at the freak's white face ! Is he a man or what ? That's what I thought at first but then, I really like Helena wakes up and the dancng umbrellas . So I watched the video a couple times and begin to like it so much that I listen to I'm Not Okay and The Ghost of You . I tried to find the CD but can't really find it anywhere , though .

Mainstream : My friends don't know who is MCR . I hate it when they know Greenday instead of MCR . But well , Greenday made more history than MCR and MCR is only new so that is not weird . Razz
TessaAutomatica
Salute You in Your Grave
TessaAutomatica
December 2nd, 2005 at 02:32am
My uncle worked at eyeball records
and he is like my favorite person in my
family. he told me about them
and bought me a copy of
"I Brought You My Bullets,
You Brought Me Your Love"
Jim/kurt.
Demolition Lover
Jim/kurt.
December 6th, 2005 at 02:45pm
i searched for simular music to story of the year... *poof* my chemical romance!

and mcr aint mainstream... if they would been... they would never play in night clubs and stuffs...
Probable Victim
Killjoy
Probable Victim
December 7th, 2005 at 01:46am
Ummm....
My friend moved and her brother like them, but he had gone to college, so she gave all the "shitty" (seriously what she said) to me.
I lurved it. Twas my new obsession.
The mainstream-ing-iz-ation (hah.) is kinda irritating, but okay, I suppose.