Don't have an account? Create one!

Abortions.

AuthorMessage
make some noise;
Jazz Hands
make some noise;
March 20th, 2009 at 10:52am
^ Thank you, that's what I was trying to get across. I wasn't comparing the two, it was a reply made to the statement "And why should they be affected? as you said they dont know the person at all"
I was simply stating that murders affect people that didn't personally know the murdered person, as do abortions. I wasn't in anyway COMPARING Caylee Anthony TO a fetus; obviously they're different. I was just trying to prove that even if you don't personally know the murdered person/fetus, it can still greatly affect you.
I personally think the root of the abortion contreversy is 'When Does Human Life Begin?'
if there was a solid, concrete answer to that question, there wouldn't be such a contreversy.
Some people say that life begins when the unborn child reaches "viability", the point where he or she can survive outside the womb. But viability used to be 30 weeks and is now 20. What's changed? Have babies changed? Have mothers changed? No, what's changed is the medical know-how of the doctors and the sophistication of the life support equipment available to them. Fourty years ago doctors didn't have all the high-tech medical equipment they have today, so babies who would have died back then can now be saved. So what is "viability" measuring? It is a measure of the state of medical science and technology in a particular place at a particular time; it does not tell us anything about the baby.

Read this article about when life begins.

tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
March 21st, 2009 at 07:59am
The only problem with that article is that it is written by a pro-life group, therefore it is biased towards pro-life. Type "pro-choice" into Google and you find thousands of articles that are biased to pro-choice. There are even testimonials from girls your age about why they had abortions. It's not black & white, and you can't expect one biased article to change the entire movement.

When I was in high school I read the story of Becky Bell, a 17 year old who died after a back alley abortion. Her pro-life parents are now pro-choice, saying that they would rather their daughter had a safe abortion and lived than a back alley abortion and died. There are a million stories, your article mentions 2. There are just as many stories on the other side of the debate.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
March 22nd, 2009 at 08:08pm
Corrupted Dreams:
If you don't want it, you can put it up for adoption. If you want to, you can even choose the family that adopts your child. There are a lot of different alternitives to abortion, alternetives that involve the child staying alive.
Can you please state ALL of the different alternatives to abortion? I can come up with keeping the fetus, and adoption. But please, if you have so many other alternatives, I'd love to hear them.

If I had a dollar for every time someone brought out the adoption card in the abortion discussions and painted it as being some wondrous life-saver of an option, I wouldn't need to work for the rest of my life.

Adoption is not ideal for everyone. Adoption is a possible alternative, yes - but that doesn't mean it's a possible alternative FOR EVERYONE. Just like the option of abortion isn't for everyone. If a woman can choose to put her unwanted baby up for adoption, then a woman can choose to abort her unwanted fetus.
x..touching_hands..x
Really Not Okay
x..touching_hands..x
March 26th, 2009 at 11:16am
Even with adoption, someone still has to carry out the entire pregnancy, which means taking time off school/work/uni, being ill, gaining weight and buying new clothes, their own fears and society's judgements - I agree with Mindfuck and I really don't think it's an option for everyone.

Also, what if the chances of carrying the child to term are very slim? Would you encourage someone to go ahead with an unwanted and ill-timed pregnancy and risk changing their entire life only to have the foetus still-born or miscarried?
Just Steph...
Motor Baby
Just Steph...
March 26th, 2009 at 12:52pm
Adoption isn't always a very good option either, because there are more children without parents than there are couple who want children but can't. Otherwise there wouldn't be any orphanages or foster homes.
Incognito.
Bleeding on the Floor
Incognito.
March 29th, 2009 at 03:59am
I think that abortions are completely up to the individual. It's not like the baby is born yet and if the pregnant girls knows she cannot be pregnant or that she won't be able to support surely it's better for both in the long run?
I know for a fact if a came home pregnant my parents would make me abort the pregnancy. If both mother and father are happy with terminating it surely that is what counts. It is a lot to go through with even if you are going to put it up for adoption they still have to go throught the pregancy.
pxieVAMPIREdust
Bleeding on the Floor
pxieVAMPIREdust
April 4th, 2009 at 12:52pm
Abortion is neither right nor wrong...
but, in the religious perspective it is unacceptable right?
because, [example] when you and your boyfriend had an intercourse without using condoms and such, and caused by the 'feeling'. after that, you'll be saying it's wrong right?
"don't add another mistake from a big mistake"
"and!in the first place, it was the couple's fault, not the baby's. why kill the innocent?'
"it's unlawful to kill someone, or something.whatever they may call it."
if it was a rape,by someone,let the suspect suffer not you, nor the baby,it was never the victim's fault.let the suspect suffer the consequences.
I think, it is better to have the baby adopted than to be sent to a tomb without even knowing the world.
but, it totally depends to the individual, but, when the baby comes up, it is your responsibility you need to consider when making options.
honestly, i've known friends that had abortions, and now, they have hunted by their conscience.

i really don't know.

don't get me wrong guys.
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
April 5th, 2009 at 05:04am
ok, just to ask about your opinion. If you had been adopted as a child and as a young adult you try to trace your birth parents. How would you feel when you find out you were the consequence of a rape? You were born out of pain, violence, misery and that there is a good chance that the genes you have are stemmed from evil. How easy will that be to reconcile with?
pxieVAMPIREdust
Bleeding on the Floor
pxieVAMPIREdust
April 5th, 2009 at 05:54am
Actually, that is not very easy, at all.
but, knowing the fact that, even though i am and was the consequence of a horrible nightmare, it's a good thing, that my 'mother' never aborted me. She let me be in a foster house, to be adopted by someone, because, she doesn't have the strength and money to build me up as hers.

it's one sign that, she wants me to see the world. Sure, I'll be angry, and be a rebel when i have traced my real parents. Depression will totally take place. But, as a matter of time for thinking, I can figure things up.

I will totally be angry as hell that, I may never accept them as real parents. But, when you are growing up, you will be learning and be growing. You'll understand almost everything in this world. Day by day.
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
April 5th, 2009 at 08:16am
I really don't think I would find it as easy to deal with. Knowing your father is a rapist and that you were essiental concieved out of hate and suffering.

I have stated my opinion on abortion before, until people can truly put themselves in that position and know how they will feel they shouldnt judge. What might be right fro you, is not necessarily right for others. Thats why the power of choice is such a wonderful thing.
pxieVAMPIREdust
Bleeding on the Floor
pxieVAMPIREdust
April 5th, 2009 at 09:39pm
^yes, it definitely is.
choices are created by your own will.
that's why abortion is either right or wrong, it depends in the situation you are in.
no face.
Awake and Unafraid
no face.
April 6th, 2009 at 12:19am
Thats wrong in itself, no person should be condemned if they're not ready for a child. Its not wrong to not want to have a child if it would put your whole life in turmoil. Even if its a married couple, maybe they both cant afford to raise a child or have careers they want to fulfill.

No woman should be condemned by her choice to terminate a pregnancy that will affect her life in a negative way.
questionable content
Always Born a Crime
questionable content
April 6th, 2009 at 03:05pm
Most people here seem to agree that a woman should have the choice of whether to terminate or continue a pregnancy. My question is, are there any situations where it would not be right to terminate one?
Just Steph...
Motor Baby
Just Steph...
April 6th, 2009 at 03:18pm
If nobody had abortions, the world would be even more over-populated than it already is and there would be more suffering children. Is that really what we want?
no face.
Awake and Unafraid
no face.
April 7th, 2009 at 04:56am
questionable content:
Most people here seem to agree that a woman should have the choice of whether to terminate or continue a pregnancy. My question is, are there any situations where it would not be right to terminate one?

No, in my opinion. Well if we really opened that up, I suppose when a woman is pregnant and she gets the "adoption parents" like in Juno then decides to terminate. I find that a bit unfair but its still not wrong.
Romantica.
Killjoy
Romantica.
April 28th, 2009 at 02:31pm
I have a 50/50 on it
But I lean more on against it.
If it's a teenage couple.
Had unprotected sex and ALL THEIR LIVES they knew
sex=babies then NO. The mother should not be allowed to have
an abortion. You had sex,you knew sex makes babies and now you
deal with it.
Can't support it? You should of thought of that.
You can't simply take away a life just because you weren't
thinking. You will bring that baby life. And if you still don't want it,then
put it up for adoption for a loving family to have.

But,if it's incest or rape,thats a different story.
What if a little girl is rapped,and cannot have the child,lets
say it will kill her if she has the child?
But most of the time,you can go to the hospital after you gotten rape
and they will give you "A Day After Pill" To kill the sperm and prevent
you from having that persons baby.

But I don't like abortions.
It's killing a human. Even tho it doesn't look like one,it is.

And plus,is a teenage girl is pregnant,and WANTS to keep the
child. NO ONE is to obligate her to have an abortion.
Her Body. Her choice. No one else. Not her boyfriends,fathers or
mothers. HER choice. [/size]
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
April 28th, 2009 at 02:41pm
so everyone who has sex and gets pregnant should be forced into keeping the baby. But if they say they were raped it's ok? Don't you think that'll force people into crying rape?

And if a teenager wants to keep a baby it's her choice. She can choose. But not for an abortion. Then the has no choice.

Hardly seems fair.
John St. John
Shotgun Sinner
John St. John
April 28th, 2009 at 02:44pm
But most of the time,you can go to the hospital after you gotten rape
and they will give you "A Day After Pill" To kill the sperm and prevent
you from having that persons baby.

As far as I know you can get morning after pills anyway, rape or not..

Can't support it? You should of thought of that.
You can't simply take away a life just because you weren't thinking.

Okay, people make mistakes. Everyone does. But do you realise how terrifying it is for say a teenage girl to find out she's pregnant? It must be horrible, to know that in 9 months time your whole life is going to change, my cousin got pregnant real early, and she told me afterwards that she didnt know how she was going to possibly bring this child up afterwards, and that it felt like her whole world was falling apart.

Is it fair to say you HAVE to bring this child up, because of a mistake? I dont think so.

Ive probably gone an abit too much here Neutral
Jenny.
Jenny.
April 28th, 2009 at 06:04pm
Well, I have a friend who is incredibly bright but enjoys drinking sometimes. Long story short, she's now pregnant with twins. She's having an abortion on Friday and I don't think there's anything wrong with her having an abortion. Her parents'd be furious and kick her out if she did keep the babies - why should she risk not having a roof over her head for these two monsters, as she sees them? Why should she put herself at jeopardy for two bundles of cells that she doesn't care about? The father doesn't want to know[and is a scumbag], so she'd get no support there. Her major exams are coming up, within the 9 month boundary - she wouldn't be able to take them if she had two babies to look after. She'd not get the qualifications and what would she do then?
mona disappeared.
In The Murder Scene
mona disappeared.
April 28th, 2009 at 06:25pm
^ simple, dont have unprotected sex. if shes smart, she would protect herself when she had sex. she should had thought about the consequences but in this case, i guess she didnt.
im not trying to judge her since i know nothing about your friend, but she should at least think about protection. that would probably teach her a lesson.