Don't have an account? Create one!

Animal Testing/Abuse/cruelty

AuthorMessage
Diana_a7x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Diana_a7x
December 25th, 2007 at 07:15pm
dark.sian:
tbh i'm against it but if its for things like medication to cure cancer and that well maybe its not so immoral

hmm :/
and decidedly undecided Smile

Maybe
Diet Coke
Killjoy
Diet Coke
December 29th, 2007 at 08:13pm
DIE! DIE! DIE!:
i-promise:
animal testing is fucking sick

it can't be humane.
i would like to see you be happy strapped up in a motherfucking cage with fucking make up plastered on your face,

if you react to it, don't worry we will just throw you out and do the same thing to your brother.
they are real. they do have feelings. they feel pain, and they hurt.

messed up cunt if you think thats right

Ok dude, thats all good. So when your parents start withering away from cancer/related disease, I suppose they will just have to suffer instead of being treated without all of the wonderful medical adancements we have recieved from animal testing...afterall, it's sick, why should we let humans use what animals have DISGUSTINGLY suffered for...

For serious kid, life is about sacrifices. We still can't do everything we want to do in medicine without animal testing, so for the good of mankind, we still do it. We arn't here to look our for a few animals we have bred for the purpose of serving us, not when our own kind is contracting new diseases every day.

what so you think its ok?

there are other ways of doing it.
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
December 29th, 2007 at 10:03pm
I do think it's ok. Not for cosmetics, but for saving lives. There are other ways of doing it, but alternatives don't cover every area of the medical field, we arn't advanced enough as a people to be able to use all alternatives, and when there is one, we usually do use it. Those acceptions often have to do with cost, as scientists arn't granted a whole lot of money, and alternatives can get costly, when they are even avalible. I am for anything that can save the life of someone I love.
never coming home.
Bleeding on the Floor
never coming home.
December 29th, 2007 at 10:17pm
i-promise:
DIE! DIE! DIE!:
i-promise:
animal testing is fucking sick

it can't be humane.
i would like to see you be happy strapped up in a motherfucking cage with fucking make up plastered on your face,

if you react to it, don't worry we will just throw you out and do the same thing to your brother.
they are real. they do have feelings. they feel pain, and they hurt.

messed up cunt if you think thats right

Ok dude, thats all good. So when your parents start withering away from cancer/related disease, I suppose they will just have to suffer instead of being treated without all of the wonderful medical adancements we have recieved from animal testing...afterall, it's sick, why should we let humans use what animals have DISGUSTINGLY suffered for...

For serious kid, life is about sacrifices. We still can't do everything we want to do in medicine without animal testing, so for the good of mankind, we still do it. We arn't here to look our for a few animals we have bred for the purpose of serving us, not when our own kind is contracting new diseases every day.

---Sorry for the long quote. I am completely against animal testing. I mean so you kill a few animals and then you think that you have the cure for cancer, it's because people are different from animals that it may not work on the human race. Humans aren't the only kind of beings suffering from terrible diseases. You don't see testing on humans for animal diseases. So animals don't have the same rate of intelligence, I don't think that that's any reason to torture them for another's well being.
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
December 29th, 2007 at 10:29pm
People and animals are different, but every major medical breakthrough we have ever encountered (besides pennicillian) has been thanks to animals testing.

If your against it, you must also think those advances are immoral, and they should be taken away, afterall, they were given to us thanks to an animals suffering.

I personally don't care, I would kill a hundred puppies with my bare hands if it cured my uncle of cancer, and that's the truth. I know a lot of people with close dying relatives that agree with me 100%. Animal testing has helped us live well past the lifespan of what...40 or 50, and kept us healthy instead of ending up near death when we get the chicken pox. It's saved dying children. Sacrifices need to be made: that's just how the world works. I think if the outcome is worth it, those sacrifices were not made in vain.
never coming home.
Bleeding on the Floor
never coming home.
December 29th, 2007 at 10:44pm
DIE! DIE! DIE!:

I personally don't care, I would kill a hundred puppies with my bare hands if it cured my uncle of cancer, and that's the truth. I know a lot of people with close dying relatives that agree with me 100%. Animal testing has helped us live well past the lifespan of what...40 or 50, and kept us healthy instead of ending up near death when we get the chicken pox. It's saved dying children. Sacrifices need to be made: that's just how the world works. I think if the outcome is worth it, those sacrifices were not made in vain.

---I don't think that the life of one is worth the life of a hundred. What is it that makes humans and animals so unequal? I'm sure that a lot of people would agree with you but I bet many people will always be against it no matter what may happen. Sure maybe it has extended the life span but when I get a cold, I don't usually take any sort of medicine and I'm fine in a very near time. If life relies on sacrifices, then why aren't humans sacrificing their own safety for others?
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
December 30th, 2007 at 12:30am
humans sacrifice themselves enough (See 9/11 and all the wars in the history of the world)
I don't think there is an animal species in the world that looks at other species as equal to them, sorry. We are humans, and while we can be kind to other species, we look after our own kind first, because our loved ones that we have grown so fond of are worth more to us then a creature of lower concious and intelligence then us. It may seem heartless, but I WOULD chose my fellow man's health over an animals, especially if it's one that is close to me. I don't know if you had had someone close to you, perhaps that has raised or taken care of you die or be near death at this moment, or have some sort of mental problems, but if you did you would probably be very grateful for medicine. When it comes time for your body to start failing you, I am quite sure you would also chose to be treated, and it's very very VERY probable that your treatment came from animal testing.
never coming home.
Bleeding on the Floor
never coming home.
December 30th, 2007 at 01:17pm
DIE! DIE! DIE!:
humans sacrifice themselves enough (See 9/11 and all the wars in the history of the world)
I don't think there is an animal species in the world that looks at other species as equal to them, sorry. We are humans, and while we can be kind to other species, we look after our own kind first, because our loved ones that we have grown so fond of are worth more to us then a creature of lower concious and intelligence then us. It may seem heartless, but I WOULD chose my fellow man's health over an animals, especially if it's one that is close to me. I don't know if you had had someone close to you, perhaps that has raised or taken care of you die or be near death at this moment, or have some sort of mental problems, but if you did you would probably be very grateful for medicine. When it comes time for your body to start failing you, I am quite sure you would also chose to be treated, and it's very very VERY probable that your treatment came from animal testing.

---I actually see your point with the sacrifices. I guess that it is highly appreciated by other humans of what some others are willing to do for them. Though we do look after our own species first so do other animals. I am very grateful for the medicine that has come from animal testing but I still can't help to think about the helpless animals that have died and suffered for humans involuntarily.
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
December 30th, 2007 at 01:37pm
I think a lot of people feel that way, or at least those people who have a good idea just how many animals die. I sort of take an Indian approach on it I guess. I look at those animals as heros, and as weird as it sounds, I wish I could thank them for being forced to save the human race as it goes.

Ah, creepy.
I guess I can support something and not like it at the same time. I don't like the idea of violence, but I feel like as long as the medical field is both underdeveloped and underfunded, until we can rightfully use every alternative out there, this is the only way to go.
The Taste for Blood
Salute You in Your Grave
The Taste for Blood
January 3rd, 2008 at 04:07pm
AGAINST IT!
It’s horrible and inhumane. We are animals as well what gives us the right to torture them?
I can understand testing for cancer cures and such but even then the test subjects should be treated with care, and should be loved to the end of their lives.
chemicalsatthedisco
Jazz Hands
chemicalsatthedisco
January 3rd, 2008 at 04:45pm
no no no not good. dont nononononono i dont think we should test on animals. nononononono badbadbadbad
chemicalsatthedisco
Jazz Hands
chemicalsatthedisco
January 3rd, 2008 at 04:49pm
its sick. and inhumane. i dont care. its inhumane. except when they use rats and shiz. but other than that. its sick. period, its sick.
Harlequinn
Salute You in Your Grave
Harlequinn
January 7th, 2008 at 09:43am
i HATE animal testing!!
i wrote a very long research paper and there are plenty of other ways to go about testing products (theres even something recent that is actual human skin grown in a lab) so it's completely unnecessary. It's inhumane and sick. nothing should ever be put through that much pain and torture PERIOD
eepshyes
Shotgun Sinner
eepshyes
January 7th, 2008 at 10:23am
Saii:

Like what?
I would kill a million puppies if it meant it would cure my sister. No matter how sick you think that sounds, my sister's life is MUCH more important then their's.

ChemicalsAtTheDisco:
its sick. and inhumane. i dont care. its inhumane. except when they use rats and shiz. but other than that. its sick. period, its sick.

Seriously? How can you value one species over another? What you just said makes no sense to me.
I have a pet rat, and I love her very much. She's actually really cute. Not that I'm saying I wouldn't kill her to cure a disease, but still. Your post is just kind of confusing.

And for those of you saying that we're animals too; you're right. We are, technically. But animals like dogs and mice don't have the reasoning power that we do. It's wrong to test on humans because it can not only be physical torture, but it can be emotional as well. Animals don't get the feelings that we do. I'm not implying that this justifies testing for cosmetics and the like, but I do think that a human life is infinitely more important then any animal's.
watchmen
Devil's Got Your Number
watchmen
January 7th, 2008 at 06:07pm
against it.
there are many alternatives that don't cause ANY harm to ANY one.

mankind has become too technolically advanced to still be testing on animals.

it's inhumane. and that's all i'm going to say.
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
January 7th, 2008 at 06:10pm
Rorschach:
against it.
there are many alternatives that don't cause ANY harm to ANY one.

mankind has become too technolically advanced to still be testing on animals.

it's inhumane. and that's all i'm going to say.

No, there really arn't. Those in existance are often expensive and unreachable for most scientists on their grants. We still have a long way to go before we can start saving lives 100% without sacrifice. Read old posts.
Girl Anachronism
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Girl Anachronism
April 13th, 2008 at 11:18am
I just wanted to add this because I knew it didn't belong in the veggie/vegan thread (where I was going to put it until I realized, 'wait, isn't their and animal testing thread?' lol) and I didn't know if anyone knew.... so here goes:

I recently read in a news paper clipping that they are finding out a way to use chemical etc. testing on cells (like skin cells) instead of animals, and seeing the reaction they have to them and seeing if it works. IDK, it made me happy and I thought it was pretty cool, wish I had the clipping though, I think my teacher threw it away...... Sorry I don't have the clipping or the exact words. Sad
skitty.
In the Cannibal Glow
skitty.
April 13th, 2008 at 11:55am
i think animal testing for any reason at all is sick
I mean, animals have feelings to!
how would you like it if i stuck some needles into you?
i agree that it helps test things
but animals have different reactions to some stuff then we do
so something that saves a rat may kill a human
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
April 16th, 2008 at 06:16am

I think shock tactics work (Do not click if sensitive.)

^^
I thought that was an effective advert.

And that was very mild to what else I saw when I was searching for a picture. Just looking through those images is enough to make me feel sick. I won't even mention what I saw. :[

I am against it. Completely.

I am going to use the 'treat others as you want to be treated.' Animals feel, they can be scared, happy, sad, excited etc. Why are we doing this to them then?

Are we so superior that we can take other animals lives to save our own?

MyMetalProphetMuse
Motor Baby
MyMetalProphetMuse
April 16th, 2008 at 03:43pm
for and against...I think we should get rid of using chemicals to cure ourselves...just eat healthy and excercise...maybe if we didn't rely on chemicals to heal us, we wouldn't need to test the drugs on animals. For: why dont' we do roach testing instead of animal testing?