gia
Bleeding on the Floor
gia
June 30th, 2006 at 03:55pm
Samberri:

Does the animal have AIDS?
(Seriously, can animals get aids?
No? Yes?)

In the living world, the same aminoacids are codified the same way. This means that DNA transported from one species to another will act the same way. Consequently, if we deliberately move cells with HIV from a human to an animal, it will work as it does in the human body: it will cause AIDS. So, yes, we can make animals get AIDS.

rox_my_sox:
Secondly, see your point of view but I doubt that people will continue testing on animals until they become extinct or endangered.

Drugs and different other products are mostly tested on rodents. Trust me, they will never become extinct. Ever. A female rodent can give birth to dozens of babies EVERY MONTH! We are more likely to become extinct before they do. And that's a fact.
electric soldier sam
Awake and Unafraid
electric soldier sam
June 30th, 2006 at 04:00pm
Let's go to that website,
shall we.

Oh yeah,
your right,
lets do that to the animals because WE want something, and WE can test it on THEM.
Now let's go be cowards and wait 'till they find out whatever from the animals.

I'm sorry, it's totally right to abuse them like that.
Really, let's rip their organs and burn them.
Just so we won't end up the same way.
[/SEVERE sarcasm]

I agree with what "new jersey" said.
The animal does not need the cosmetics.
">freak on a leash<" thanks for telling me.

gia
Bleeding on the Floor
gia
June 30th, 2006 at 04:46pm
Samberri:

It's called survival. It's not pretty, it's not moral, but it's natural, it's instinctual. A lion killing a gazelle is not a pretty sight, is it? But the lion needs to survive so it will do whatever to achieve this final goal, although this means it has to attack an animal that doesn't stand a chance.
I really love animals and I'm against cruelty towards them, but, in this case, I think it's a necessary evil. Let's face it: only with our physical abilities, we would never survive. So we have to use our mind and everything it can create in order to avoid our extinction. And we do it instinctively.
electric soldier sam
Awake and Unafraid
electric soldier sam
June 30th, 2006 at 04:47pm
gia:
Samberri:

It's called survival. It's not pretty, it's not moral, but it's natural, it's instinctual. A lion killing a gazelle is not a pretty sight, is it? But the lion needs to survive so it will do whatever to achieve this final goal, although this means it has to attack an animal that doesn't stand a chance.
I really love animals and I'm against cruelty towards them, but, in this case, I think it's a necessary evil. Let's face it: only with our physical abilities, we would never survive. So we have to use our mind and everything it can create in order to avoid our extinction. And we do it instinctively.

I know what survival is.

Thats for the lion to eat.
But testing is not for the animal (in most cases)
It's for the humans.

Thnks fr th vnm
Demolition Lover
Thnks fr th vnm
June 30th, 2006 at 04:52pm
Why should we get another heart, just to survive?
You don't see deer out in the woods getting transplants, so why should we use harmless animals to do testing on, so we can get a few more years out of life?
Kid__
Always Born a Crime
Kid__
June 30th, 2006 at 04:55pm
r o c k s t a r:
You don't see deer out in the woods getting transplants, so why should we use harmless animals to do testing on, so we can get a few more years out of life?

Human civilisation has developed the technology to do these things, so why not? It's lifesaving. If it was one of your kids, or a member of your family or a friend, I'm sure you wouldn't make a fuss over it and the animals wouldn't be given a second thought.
gia
Bleeding on the Floor
gia
June 30th, 2006 at 04:58pm
r o c k s t a r:

There's this little thing we all posses called self preservation instinct. That's the reason why we do it. Thanks to it, we'll do pretty much anything to get not a few more years, even a few more HOURS.
gia
Bleeding on the Floor
gia
June 30th, 2006 at 05:02pm
Samberri:
It's for the humans.

It's for the lion's benefit. And, in my analogy, humans were the equivalent of the lion, and the gazelle the equivalent of animals tested. We are the predators, they are the prey. We do it for our benefit, just like the lion, or any other living creature on earth does everything for their own benefit. That was what I was trying to say.
Thnks fr th vnm
Demolition Lover
Thnks fr th vnm
June 30th, 2006 at 05:11pm
Starr:
r o c k s t a r:

Human civilisation has developed the technology to do these things, so why not? It's lifesaving. If it was one of your kids, or a member of your family or a friend, I'm sure you wouldn't make a fuss over it and the animals wouldn't be given a second thought.

I'm sure if I was faced with something like that, then yes. Of course I probably wouldn't make a fuss. But where I stand, right now, I don't see a reason for it.
I don't believe in being hooked up to a machine either. But that's another case.
gia
Bleeding on the Floor
gia
June 30th, 2006 at 05:18pm
r o c k s t a r:

I'm sure if I was faced with something like that, then yes. Of course I probably wouldn't make a fuss. But where I stand, right now, I don't see a reason for it.
I don't believe in being hooked up to a machine either. But that's another case.

So, animals shouldn't be sacrified in order to save people's lives. Unless the people in question are important to you. That's a case when animal testing is ok. Is that what you're trying to say?
Kid__
Always Born a Crime
Kid__
June 30th, 2006 at 05:19pm
r o c k s t a r:

Exactly. If you were in that situation, you would have no problem with it, so think about the hundreds or thousands of people who are in that situation everyday. That's why they don't have a problem with it.
electric soldier sam
Awake and Unafraid
electric soldier sam
July 1st, 2006 at 12:54am
gia:
Samberri:
It's for the humans.

It's for the lion's benefit. And, in my analogy, humans were the equivalent of the lion, and the gazelle the equivalent of animals tested. We are the predators, they are the prey. We do it for our benefit, just like the lion, or any other living creature on earth does everything for their own benefit. That was what I was trying to say.
You,
you just stop.
Because I already went over that.
The lion NEEDS to eat that gazelle.
We don't NEED to test on the ANIMALS.
We have ourselves for that.
samantha connolly
In The Murder Scene
samantha connolly
July 1st, 2006 at 01:03am
I always thought I was pro-animal testing,
but I read a story where it told what happens to the human body when boiled
I guess it was hard for me to read about it,
and compare it to animals.
I gues I just am thinking,
are animals really there for humans to use,
like I always thought.
I'm in a questioning period.
lshdfjKH
Star Crossed Lover
lshdfjKH
July 1st, 2006 at 01:42am
No. I believe that animals are here to live, just like us.
because if they weren't.
Would they have had instincts of survivel & do anything to stay alive?
& form families, & relations?
I don't think they would.
If they were ment just to serve us.
They'd just sit there. Taking up empty space.
Not living, & scurring around.
Animals have just the same amount to live here as we do.
That's my belief.
gia
Bleeding on the Floor
gia
July 1st, 2006 at 05:02am
Yeah, people who test drugs on animals and the ones who authorise these tests are real devils. They are so awful: they've tested different substances on animals and discovered drugs for diabetes, heart and lung conditions and other serious illnesses, thus saving millions of people. How dare they!

My grandma suffers from serious heart condition and some of the drugs she needs were tested on animals. Now blame me for caring more about her life than for the life of the animals sacrified for those drugs! I'm such a horrible person for loving my grandma more than those animals, aren't I?
Thnks fr th vnm
Demolition Lover
Thnks fr th vnm
July 1st, 2006 at 04:21pm
gia:
So, animals shouldn't be sacrified in order to save people's lives. Unless the people in question are important to you. That's a case when animal testing is ok. Is that what you're trying to say?

Sorry, no. I didn't mean for it to sound like that.
I meant in like an emergency-panicy situation, of course I would want someone I love to be saved. It's like instinct.
I would just prefer for medical/non-medical experiments to be performed on humans. If humans are the ones benefiting from them, why is it that the animals have to suffer? My beliefs will always be there.

It's so hard for me to explain this without getting so far off topic. And it makes me feel like you don't think I don't care about others families.

And gia, no...that does not make you a bad person for caring about your grandmother more than some animals.

PERCY
Motor Baby
PERCY
July 2nd, 2006 at 12:09am
I hate people testing on animals for things like shampoos, conditioners, soap, drinks and crap like that. It's stupid.

As for medical reasons...i suppose if they breed rats or something...no i shouldn't say that lol...
gia
Bleeding on the Floor
gia
July 2nd, 2006 at 04:48am
r o c k s t a r:

I would just prefer for medical/non-medical experiments to be performed on humans. If humans are the ones benefiting from them, why is it that the animals have to suffer? My beliefs will always be there.

Experiments have been performed on humans. But just think for a moment: who are the ones willing to risk their health or even their lives by permitting experiments on themselves? The ones who desperately need money, the homeless, the ones ones who can't even afford food for themselves or for their families. So is sacrificing these people who don't have any other choice any more ethical than sacrificing animals?

Also, if we caried experiments on humans, we would pretty much exterminate our own species. Few mamals in the world have such a long gestation period (9 months) and even fewer need so much time in order to get to maturity and be able to reproduce. Yet humans usually give birth to 1 or 2 babies, whereas many other mamals give birth to dozens of cubs. Conclusion: if we started killling people for experiments, the world population wouls drp dramatically and it would take a very long time for us to recuperate.
scandalous.
Always Born a Crime
scandalous.
July 2nd, 2006 at 11:25am
gia:

Wtf?
'It's natural, it's instictual'?
How is sewing a pair of rats together natural?
How is putting electrodes in a cat's brain instictual?
It's not survival.
Those animals are taken away from their habitats, dragged away from their innocent lives, and abused.
That isn't survival, that's abuse.
&& comparing it to a lion && a gazelle...?
The lion doesn't put the gazelle in restraints (sp?) && panic it into a frenzy before killing it slowly && painfully, does it.
It rips the gazelle's throat out.
That is natural, that is instictual.
The lion needs the meat.
We don't need the cosmetics.
It sounds horrible, but people are, sometimes, meant to die.
Of diseases, of illness.
It's called survival.
Heard of it?
Thnks fr th vnm
Demolition Lover
Thnks fr th vnm
July 2nd, 2006 at 05:57pm
gia:
Experiments have been performed on humans. But just think for a moment: who are the ones willing to risk their health or even their lives by permitting experiments on themselves? The ones who desperately need money, the homeless, the ones ones who can't even afford food for themselves or for their families. So is sacrificing these people who don't have any other choice any more ethical than sacrificing animals?

Erm, nope. I know for a fact that no one would want to be the experiment. All I'm trying to say is that neither would the animals. They don't line up and wait for the next experiment to be performed on them. And I know humans wouldn't either.
I know rodents multiply like crazy, really, I do. But I don't see why they have to be the ones who suffer, and then die... for the benefits of humans.