Don't have an account? Create one!

Animal Testing/Abuse/cruelty

AuthorMessage
Synyster
Salute You in Your Grave
Synyster
July 2nd, 2006 at 08:09pm
its just plain wrong. Medically, if there's no other way to test it I guess there's nothing else you can do really. Its still wrong though.
gia
Bleeding on the Floor
gia
July 3rd, 2006 at 08:23am
Scandalous.:
Wtf?
'It's natural, it's instictual'?
How is sewing a pair of rats together natural?
How is putting electrodes in a cat's brain instictual?
It's not survival.
Those animals are taken away from their habitats, dragged away from their innocent lives, and abused.
That isn't survival, that's abuse.
&& comparing it to a lion && a gazelle...?
The lion doesn't put the gazelle in restraints (sp?) && panic it into a frenzy before killing it slowly && painfully, does it.
It rips the gazelle's throat out.
That is natural, that is instictual.
The lion needs the meat.
We don't need the cosmetics.
It sounds horrible, but people are, sometimes, meant to die.
Of diseases, of illness.
It's called survival.
Heard of it?

Why does the lion kill the gazelle? Because it wants to eat.
Why does it want to eat? Because its self preservation instinct tells it to do wahtever it takes to survive.
Conclusion: the lion killing the gazelle is an instinctual act.

Why do we experiment on animals? Because we need to find out things to help ourselves. (Contrary to popular belief, most of the experiments are NOT carried out in order to develop new cosmetics. They are done to test reactions to different drugs).
Why do we need to find out these things? Because our self preseravation instinct tells us to do whatever it takes to survive.
Conclusion: Doing these experiments is, in essence, an instinctual act. Doing something instinctively doesn't necessarily mean "Rawr, acting like animals".

And scientists don't experiment on animals because they like torturing them. It's for a greater good.

Oh, and one more thing: People dying for various reasons is called survival? Since when? Shocked

I love people's reactions.
Let's not experiment on animals, it's cruel. Let's experiment on humans!....Oh, they don't want to!.......Well, let's just lay back and see what happens. So what if people are dying! So what if we'll never be able to cure the ilnesses that nowadays make millions of victims every year! At least we won't abuse the animals.
Hey, I have an idea: let's ban scientists from trying to find a cure for the bird flu! Wouldn't that be great?
electric soldier sam
Awake and Unafraid
electric soldier sam
July 3rd, 2006 at 01:23pm
gia:

Let's not experiment on animals, it's cruel. Let's experiment on humans!....Oh, they don't want to!.......Well, let's just lay back and see what happens. So what if people are dying! So what if we'll never be able to cure the ilnesses that nowadays make millions of victims every year! At least we won't abuse the animals.
Hey, I have an idea: let's ban scientists from trying to find a cure for the bird flu! Wouldn't that be great?

I don't get it.

We can test for cures and all that.
But why do we use animals,
when we're developing a cure for ourselves?

Who cares if we don't want to do it.
Just because the animal can't say "no", and have a regular life,
we use them?

Can someone point out WHY we can't use humans?
Besides the fact they don't want to be tested on?
Thnks fr th vnm
Demolition Lover
Thnks fr th vnm
July 3rd, 2006 at 01:44pm
Samberri:

Can someone point out WHY we can't use humans?
Besides the fact they don't want to be tested on?

Because scientists don't have labs where they reproduce humans to experiment on.
And I guess there's just no way of forcing a human into it, because humans have more rights than animals do. They can stand up and say, "Uh, I don't think I want you putting that electrode in my head."
scandalous.
Always Born a Crime
scandalous.
July 3rd, 2006 at 01:44pm
gia:
Why does the lion kill the gazelle? Because it wants to eat.
Why does it want to eat? Because its self preservation instinct tells it to do wahtever it takes to survive.
Conclusion: the lion killing the gazelle is an instinctual act.

Why do we experiment on animals? Because we need to find out things to help ourselves. (Contrary to popular belief, most of the experiments are NOT carried out in order to develop new cosmetics. They are done to test reactions to different drugs).
Why do we need to find out these things? Because our self preseravation instinct tells us to do whatever it takes to survive.
Conclusion: Doing these experiments is, in essence, an instinctual act. Doing something instinctively doesn't necessarily mean "Rawr, acting like animals".

And scientists don't experiment on animals because they like torturing them. It's for a greater good.

Oh, and one more thing: People dying for various reasons is called survival? Since when? Shocked

Ugh God, do I have to explain every single bit of my earlier post to you again?

News flash: People die of diseases all the time.
News flash: People die of illnesses all the time.
It is survival.
If you are old, weak and vulnerable, you are more likely to become ill than a young, fit, healthy person.
Survival of the fittest.
Geddit?

And as for the instictual testing...stuff.
I don't go out into the garden.
With a bottle of...I don't know. Bleach.
&& I don't go: "OH, I'm so curious as to what will happen if I pour the bleach down my cat's throat && all over his body. It must be my instinct to want to do this. Okay!" && I don't pour it on him, do I?

It's not instictual, its just picking on the weaker && more vulnerable species on this planet, && using them as our...well. Literally, our ginea pigs.
madame angst
Salute You in Your Grave
madame angst
July 3rd, 2006 at 02:04pm
r o c k s t a r:

Because scientists don't have labs where they reproduce humans to experiment on.
And I guess there's just no way of forcing a human into it, because humans have more rights than animals do. They can stand up and say, "Uh, I don't think I want you putting that electrode in my head."

It's the same way in the end. I think the only reason we test on animals is because they can't talk and say no.
I don't like animal testing when it's completely useless. I love animals, but If I were to be dying at an early age and there was a cure...
I think I would love to live. But then again, just like as the post before me, it would be natural if I died. Maybe I wasn't meant to live.
But so ya....things like these have been said many times.
madame angst
Salute You in Your Grave
madame angst
July 3rd, 2006 at 02:07pm
r o c k s t a r:

It's the same way in the end. I think the only reason we test on animals is because they can't talk and say no.
I don't like animal testing when it's completely useless. I love animals, but If I were to be dying at an early age and there was a cure...
I think I would love to live. But then again, just like as the post before me, it would be natural if I died. Maybe I wasn't meant to live.
But so ya....things like these have been said many times.
electric soldier sam
Awake and Unafraid
electric soldier sam
July 3rd, 2006 at 03:04pm
r o c k s t a r:

They can stand up and say, "Uh, I don't think I want you putting that electrode in my head."

Do you think the animals want eloctrodes in their heads?
Thnks fr th vnm
Demolition Lover
Thnks fr th vnm
July 3rd, 2006 at 03:09pm
Samberri:

Do you think the animals want eloctrodes in their heads?

No. I know they don't.
I was answering your question. Or at least trying to.
yourjustjealous.x
Salute You in Your Grave
yourjustjealous.x
July 3rd, 2006 at 07:47pm
I think It's wrong, If you wouldn't test your latest shampoo on your best friend, why would you test it on your Cat or Dog?
People don't treat animals with respect, they at least deserve a bit of our respect. even if it's not much.
Resignation
Bleeding on the Floor
Resignation
July 3rd, 2006 at 10:33pm
The way I see it, they /have/ to test it on /something/ to see how it's reacted to.

You wouldn't use a product if it made your dogs skin rot off, would you? You wouldn't use a shampoo that made your hair fall out, would you?

And they /can't/ test anything on humans first, because what if they need 50 test subjects and they all die? We can't reproduce as fast as other animals can.
Aishwarya in town
Awake and Unafraid
Aishwarya in town
July 4th, 2006 at 04:00am
Resignation:
We can't reproduce as fast as other animals can.
Still, the human population is consistantly growing.
ageha.
Bulletproof Heart
ageha.
July 4th, 2006 at 04:09am
But what happens if you release all those animals that haven't been tested on (just yet)?
They will probably get hit by a truck when they try to cross the road because they are so used to the cramped spaces they have been living.
gia
Bleeding on the Floor
gia
July 4th, 2006 at 05:09am
Trisha[Bandit]:
Still, the human population is consistantly growing.

Yes, the human population is growing and yet in the majority of the countries of the civilised world (and especially in Europe) the population is decreasing. The thing is, these labs and these scientists are in the civilised world. So, when so many countries have a negative natural growth, you don't exactly go and kill some more people, do you?

Now, let me tell everyone a little story: Until 1921, having diabetes was considered a death sentence. If you had this illness, all you could do was watch your body getting weaker and die a slow death. In 1921, Franklin Banting, a scientist, had an idea about a cure. He took his 2 dogs, and then another one. He made all of them become diabetic. He let the diabetes destroy the pancreas of two of them, and then extracted some substances from these pancreases. With the help of that substance, he created a medicine with which he injected the third dog and saw that the illness did not progress.
So he experimented on both himself and his assistant and saw it worked the same way. That medicine is now called insulin and it's the closest thing we have to a diabetes cure.

Conclusion: How many dogs died in the process? 2.
How many lives, both human and animal (yes, animals benefit from it, too) were saved? Millions and millions.
Don't you think sacrificing those 2 dogs was worth it?
gia
Bleeding on the Floor
gia
July 4th, 2006 at 05:24am
Scandalous.:
Ugh God, do I have to explain every single bit of my earlier post to you again?

News flash: People die of diseases all the time.
News flash: People die of illnesses all the time.
It is survival.
If you are old, weak and vulnerable, you are more likely to become ill than a young, fit, healthy person.
Survival of the fittest.
Geddit?

What if the person suffering from such a disease was someone you really cared about? Would you still say "Well, people die all the time". Would you ban them from taking medicine tested on animals, even though it would be their only chance of survival?

As far as survival of the fittest: We are the fittest.As I have said before, although we are physically the least equipped for survival, we have our minds that have helped us rule over the Earth. Even in the animal world, the same rules apply: the stronger ones use and abuse the weaker ones in order to protect their own interests. Because they can.
scandalous.
Always Born a Crime
scandalous.
July 4th, 2006 at 12:14pm
gia:

What if the person suffering from such a disease was someone you really cared about? Would you still say "Well, people die all the time". Would you ban them from taking medicine tested on animals, even though it would be their only chance of survival?

As far as survival of the fittest: We are the fittest.As I have said before, although we are physically the least equipped for survival, we have our minds that have helped us rule over the Earth. Even in the animal world, the same rules apply: the stronger ones use and abuse the weaker ones in order to protect their own interests. Because they can.

It's their descision if they take medicine or not.
I have no power over their decisions.
What made you think I would have?

&& sure, I'd be very upset if someone cared about died, but dying is part of life.
You have to deal with things, && from that you grow && learn && become a better person.
EMO_TEDDY
Jazz Hands
EMO_TEDDY
July 4th, 2006 at 04:43pm
i think that it is discusting how people treat animals and that it should be band however if they did not do it we would not have half the things we have today if you get what i mean!
electric soldier sam
Awake and Unafraid
electric soldier sam
July 5th, 2006 at 04:53am
Okay,
I'm about to give up on this.

Animal testing.
WE DON'T HAVE TO USE ANIMALS.
Geez,
if the human race wasn't so cowardly.
Logic Is For Losers!
Joining The Black Parade
Logic Is For Losers!
July 5th, 2006 at 04:59am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPtKOz2Zouo

Watch that video.
And once your done watching it, if you still support animal testing, then come to me, I'll bite your heads off.
Kid__
Always Born a Crime
Kid__
July 5th, 2006 at 06:45am
I watched that video and I still say I'm for animal testing for medical reasons. Without it many young children would die, many people would face slow and painful deaths, and the population of the earth would be much lower.
Sure you live and you will die one day, but no-one deserves to die slowly and painfully and if there is any way at all that it can be prevented, whether the drugs are tested on animals or not, I am completely for it.
And without animal testing the tablets that I need wouldn't be available. So in that sense I am grateful for the animal testing and I am glad that some animals were sacrificed to save many people all over the world.