Don't have an account? Create one!

Animal Testing/Abuse/cruelty

AuthorMessage
gia
Bleeding on the Floor
gia
July 5th, 2006 at 08:39am
Yes, I've watched it and my opinion still remains the same. As I have said, it is not a pleasure to see it, nor is it moral or anything. The problem is it's necessary in order to save many other lives. As someone has said before, they have to test it on something. And till now no one has come up with a better idea. Don't you think they'd test it on flies and roaches if the results were relevant? I have a dog that I've raised her since she was a few weeks old. Now she's almost a year and a half and I love her more than I can express in words. But if I had to choose between saving her life and saving millions of others, I'd choose the latter.

Oh, and before people start talking about the brutality of those people: my dad is a vet so I've met many people who work with animals. Most of them lose their patience really quickly because working in such a loud noise for hours and hours can make you really irritable. So they can easily become violent with animals.
Thnks fr th vnm
Demolition Lover
Thnks fr th vnm
July 5th, 2006 at 09:01am
gia:
Oh, and before people start talking about the brutality of those people: my dad is a vet so I've met many people who work with animals. Most of them lose their patience really quickly because working in such a loud noise for hours and hours can make you really irritable. So they can easily become violent with animals.

Thats not an excuse to become violent with an animal.
My mothers a dentist, and the noise of the drills can get annoying, but she doesn't rip out people teeth because of that.
You'd be just as thankful for your medicine if the drugs were tested on humans, or flies.
Yara; wtf...
Shotgun Sinner
Yara; wtf...
July 5th, 2006 at 12:56pm
Samberri:
WE DON'T HAVE TO USE ANIMALS.
Geez,
if the human race wasn't so cowardly.

You're saying we should use humans instead?
Well then, who decides what humans to use for testing?
Do we use retarded people? White people? Homosexuals? Asians? Men? Women? Do you think anyone will sign up to testings?

I'm for animal testing if it's for medical causes.

I don't buy make up or hair products if it's used on animals.
Thnks fr th vnm
Demolition Lover
Thnks fr th vnm
July 5th, 2006 at 01:05pm
--Yara--:

You're saying we should use humans instead?
Well then, who decides what humans to use for testing?
Do we use retarded people? White people? Homosexuals? Asians? Men? Women? Do you think anyone will sign up to testings?

I think that's the problem. No one wnats to be tested on. I know I wouldn't be first in line.
There's no way of choosing people. That's why we use animals.
scandalous.
Always Born a Crime
scandalous.
July 5th, 2006 at 01:50pm
r o c k s t a r:
I think that's the problem. No one wnats to be tested on. I know I wouldn't be first in line.
There's no way of choosing people. That's why we use animals.

Which is what makes animal testing so bad.
I'm sure if animals had a choice to be tested on,
They wouldn't sign up.
Thnks fr th vnm
Demolition Lover
Thnks fr th vnm
July 5th, 2006 at 01:55pm
Scandalous.:
Which is what makes animal testing so bad.
I'm sure if animals had a choice to be tested on,
They wouldn't sign up.

That's exactly how I feel.
I don't think they want to be eaten either, but people eat them.
scandalous.
Always Born a Crime
scandalous.
July 5th, 2006 at 02:00pm
Which is why I'm vegetarian.
We take advantage of the animals because they can't speak.
I'm pretty damn sure none of you would want to be kept in a shed,
Underfed, beaten, killed, && eaten.
Or put in a cage, burned, have chemicals shoved down your throat, be cut open, have electrodes in your brain...
Logic Is For Losers!
Joining The Black Parade
Logic Is For Losers!
July 5th, 2006 at 03:30pm
So you people are trying to tell me that it's ok to test things on animals, break the necks in the proccess, cause them years of pain, more likely death then anything, if it's for the good of mankind? That's sick.
Animals don't test on us for the good of their kind, do they? Animals have different genes then humans, drugs won't work the same on them as they would for us.
We've lived just fine in the past without testing animals.
Don't you think that it's wrong that we can't kick dogs and cats when they misbehave, but they can go test on animal, shove needles into them, and break their necks when they don't cooperate?
It's disgusting, harming animals is wrong, no matter who it's for.
Thnks fr th vnm
Demolition Lover
Thnks fr th vnm
July 5th, 2006 at 03:52pm
I use make-up that isn't tested on animals.
I don't know if it even is tested.
I take my chances in that case.
No, it probably won't kill me.
But you never know if it could cause someone to go blind, or get some sort of disease.
OMG it's Jennie :0
Motor Baby
OMG it's Jennie :0
July 5th, 2006 at 03:57pm
People do volunteer to be tested on animals because apparently it pays well.
When a drug in the UK was tested on humans and I think it killed someone and the rest of the testees ended up in hospital, more people volunteered. Why? Because they thought it payed well, they didn't care about the risks.
People volunteer all the time.
scandalous.
Always Born a Crime
scandalous.
July 5th, 2006 at 04:35pm
Logic Is For Losers!:
So you people are trying to tell me that it's ok to test things on animals, break the necks in the proccess, cause them years of pain, more likely death then anything, if it's for the good of mankind? That's sick.
Animals don't test on us for the good of their kind, do they? Animals have different genes then humans, drugs won't work the same on them as they would for us.
We've lived just fine in the past without testing animals.
Don't you think that it's wrong that we can't kick dogs and cats when they misbehave, but they can go test on animal, shove needles into them, and break their necks when they don't cooperate?
It's disgusting, harming animals is wrong, no matter who it's for.

Okay...
Animal testing is messed up, as Logic is for Losers! said in the quote.

I'd like to see a lot of you go and watch a monkey being experimented on.
If you do, note the panic he is in; note the pain as the men handle him like a toy they can just throw away when they're finished with it; note the way he struggles to escape from the punishment for something he knows nothing about. For something that has nothing to do with him, and most probably never will.

Try watching your dog be the one on the metal table. Watch the people pour chemicals down his throat while he whines and whimpers && doesn't get any comfort; just a slap and a sharp word for his pain.

Someone earlier said that the animals used are sometimes ones from lost animal shelters; dogs && cats that havn't been claimed. That could be your dog.

Why don't you put yourself in the animals' place?
Imagine being treated && handled roughly, chained up, put in restraints so you can't move.
See what desicion you would choose if the options were let a harmful, unknown substance be poured down your throat, or resist && be hit && beaten. Maybe even killed when they lose all use for you. When you're so mangled && messed up that there's nothing more to do to you.

Is it okay because it's for a cure then?
When you're in pain?
When you're suffering?
When it's your beloved pet?

There is no time when it is okay. Its cruel and selfish. It's abuse, && we can do something about it.
alex disappeared
Shotgun Sinner
alex disappeared
July 5th, 2006 at 11:02pm
I'm half & half.
I don't think we should test on animals for non-important reasons, then I say you shouldn't.
But, if you think you've found the cure for cancer or something, use the animal.
Kid__
Always Born a Crime
Kid__
July 6th, 2006 at 05:53am
If, let's say, 30-something animals are sacrificed to save millions of people and possibly other animals too, what's the big deal about it?
It's not just drugs for human use that are tested on animals. Drugs for animal use are tested on them too.
~*Lisa*~
Salute You in Your Grave
~*Lisa*~
July 6th, 2006 at 05:59am
i am all for animal rights
and i am against animal abuse
but i am for human life!
i am against like testing make up and such on them
but meds and treatments that will save a humans life
i am for
gia
Bleeding on the Floor
gia
July 6th, 2006 at 08:03am
Logic Is For Losers!:

Actually, we do have the same genes, they are just "arranged" differently. All species have a common origin, it has been genetically proven. There are just 20 aminoacids present in all living creatures, but the number of combinations is too big to count and is constantly increasing. So animals, especially mammals, have the same reaction to different substances as we do.
Sylvia.
Salute You in Your Grave
Sylvia.
July 6th, 2006 at 09:03am
I think someone else has already mentioned this, but isn`t there some kind of technology that could replace animal testing? Or has that not been invented yet?

Just curious.
gia
Bleeding on the Floor
gia
July 6th, 2006 at 01:58pm
Nope, there isn't.
Antichrist Superstar
Bleeding on the Floor
Antichrist Superstar
July 6th, 2006 at 02:12pm
I am against animal testing
i am a vegitarian
and i dont ( i try whenever possibal) not to use things not tested on animals
dfhsqwregffdhdfh
Shotgun Sinner
dfhsqwregffdhdfh
July 6th, 2006 at 02:39pm
Animal testing:

I would never test on animal unless its something good like the cure for caners Diabetes. stuff like that but would you ever hurt an animal i couldn't I couldn't even squash an ant i'm very protective over everything. Nothing near me or with me thats an animal will not be hurt.
scandalous.
Always Born a Crime
scandalous.
July 6th, 2006 at 03:05pm
I'm sorry, but that is one of the most contradicting things I've ever read.
"I love all animals and creatures. Nothing shall be harmed.
But I agree with testing on animals because it is for human use and nothing to do with the innocent creatures that don't even know why they're being punished."