Don't have an account? Create one!

Aliens.

AuthorMessage
Yara; wtf...
Shotgun Sinner
Yara; wtf...
May 30th, 2006 at 09:53pm
today i feel: o.O:
My dad (a pastor, mind you) said something very profound to me the other day...

"If you were God, would you create a boundless universe with life on only a tiny speck in the cosmos?"

My answer: Hell no!

There's bound to be life out there.

I don't believe in your god. I don't believe that "god" put mankind here.
Maybe Big Bang happened somewhere else in the universe, maybe not?
If not, then we are the only intelligent life form out there.
Leonardo DiCaprio
Crash Queen
Leonardo DiCaprio
May 31st, 2006 at 02:32pm
Aliens aren`t real. why would God create aliens?

he didn`t.
kinney.
Bulletproof Heart
kinney.
May 31st, 2006 at 02:35pm
maybe not aliens but i have no doubt of life in other unexplored areas of the universe.
no one's been there so who has proof?
Torosaurus.
Always Born a Crime
Torosaurus.
May 31st, 2006 at 04:18pm
I think we are not alone, but i hope they are not aggressive.... so i believe a little bit in aliens...
lshdfjKH
Star Crossed Lover
lshdfjKH
May 31st, 2006 at 07:09pm
When you actually get down to thinking about space.
& how big & infinite it is.
You just know that there has to be other life.
Somewhere out there, anywhere out there.
We can't be the only ones in this infinity.
Yara; wtf...
Shotgun Sinner
Yara; wtf...
May 31st, 2006 at 07:11pm
Cut My Wrists:
Aliens aren`t real. why would God create aliens?

he didn`t.

hrfhiewfhuihfrf

To these "aliens", WE are aliens.

It's not like god decided that "aliens" are stupid and shouldn't exist.

But then again, I don't believe in god. Or aliens.
Bloodraine
Jazz Hands
Bloodraine
June 1st, 2006 at 06:36am
Aliens exist.
You'd be fool to think they don't; our universe is vast beyong anything your brain can comprehend. We are but one of millions upon millions of galaxies out there, and to the person who was talking about the big bang happening 'somewhere else in the unvierse', well, the big bang theory is about the creation of the entire universe. So, the big bang happened everywhere, because if it didn't there would be no universe as a starting point.

Anyway, back to the point, our universe is gigantic. Out of those millions, trillions of galaxies, do you really think the milky way is the only one that can sustain life?. I'll leave that up to you.
cocaine.
Shotgun Sinner
cocaine.
June 1st, 2006 at 07:01am
is there an echo in here...?
matfew churlz sanduz
Shotgun Sinner
matfew churlz sanduz
June 1st, 2006 at 07:09am
Jules:
I don't really know where I stand on this topic.
I think that there must be some sort of life on other planets, or elsewhere.
But then I don't think they're the stereotypical aliens.

I don't think they're green and glow and whatever else.
I think there must be something else out there. I mean, we certainly cannot be the smartest life form in the universe. Look at George Bush
badkitty709
Killjoy
badkitty709
June 1st, 2006 at 03:33pm
there has to be something out there.
<3 Nimrod and Gerard
rockpapersuzi.
Always Born a Crime
rockpapersuzi.
June 1st, 2006 at 03:38pm
This is a very interesting debate. :]

I still think there is extraterrestrial life.
However, Yara made a good point in her response to my comment about God. Not everyone believes in God. But I am going to continue believing what my dad said:

"If you were God, would you create a boundless universe with life on only a tiny speck in the cosmos?"

:]
lshdfjKH
Star Crossed Lover
lshdfjKH
June 1st, 2006 at 06:27pm
^ you think of it thatn way, eh?
Well, my church has said that aliens do not exsist.
How/why do they know this?
Well they said, that if God did create other lifeforms out there.
Wouldn't he had stated it in his word? (the bible)
Innamorata
Awake and Unafraid
Innamorata
June 1st, 2006 at 06:49pm
I don't believe that aliens exist at all. In my opinion, we are the only intelligent life form in the universe.
Bloodraine
Jazz Hands
Bloodraine
June 1st, 2006 at 07:18pm
MyOwnImmortality:
I don't believe that aliens exist at all. In my opinion, we are the only intelligent life form in the universe.

Ignoring all scientific and logical evidence, can you really say that?

The universe is bigger than your mind could ever begin to comprehend. Like I have said, we are one of billions, trillions of galaxies out there. Do you really, for one second think this is the only galaxy capable of sustaining life?
Hubert Cumberdale
Always Born a Crime
Hubert Cumberdale
June 1st, 2006 at 08:56pm
Our world is very self-centered.
We think we're it, but I would bet my life we aren't.
This universe is so big that we might never find life on other plantes,
but that sure as hell doesn't mean it's not there.
soleil vs the dark.
Awake and Unafraid
soleil vs the dark.
June 1st, 2006 at 08:59pm
You know what would be funny?
If there were aliens, wondering if humans existed. :]
But I believe in aliens.
I mean, humans & animals are the only two living things in this universe that I know of. Living as in speaking, moving, etc.
So there has to be something more out there, in the rest of the universe.
Innamorata
Awake and Unafraid
Innamorata
June 2nd, 2006 at 04:58pm
Bloodraine:

The universe is bigger than your mind could ever begin to comprehend. Like I have said, we are one of billions, trillions of galaxies out there. Do you really, for one second think this is the only galaxy capable of sustaining life?

I don't doubt that there MAY possibly be, another life forms in other galaxies; but let's be reasonable here. I don't think there are any alien life forms that have the same intelligence as us and can build UFOs or stick anal probes into our buttocks. Sure, there could be new found species possibly but aliens? No.
Bloodraine
Jazz Hands
Bloodraine
June 2nd, 2006 at 05:17pm
MyOwnImmortality:
Bloodraine:

I don't doubt that there MAY possibly be, another life forms in other galaxies; but let's be reasonable here. I don't think there are any alien life forms that have the same intelligence as us and can build UFOs or stick anal probes into our buttocks. Sure, there could be new found species possibly but aliens? No.

You're getting mixed up with your definitions.

Lets just put this into an example, makes it easy. I'm English, see, and if I want to go on holiday to Australia, I am an alien. Alien, literally, means owing political allegiance to another country, or being foriegn. Which I am. It has nothing to do with martians or green men or probes or crop circles.

If you come from the planet X in the galaxy Z, you are an alien because you are foreign, like English people in Australia are. It doesn't matter if you have a flying saucer and a buttock probe or not, you could be nothing more than a lump of biomass (which is fairly realistic to assume, no?), but that is still an alien and it means there is life out there. Alien and new found species are the same thing.

I hope I explained that well. Very Happy
Innamorata
Awake and Unafraid
Innamorata
June 2nd, 2006 at 05:22pm
Bloodraine:

You're getting mixed up with your definitions.

Lets just put this into an example, makes it easy. I'm English, see, and if I want to go on holiday to Australia, I am an alien. Alien, literally, means owing political allegiance to another country, or being foriegn. Which I am. It has nothing to do with martians or green men or probes or crop circles.

If you come from the planet X in the galaxy Z, you are an alien because you are foreign, like English people in Australia are. It doesn't matter if you have a flying saucer and a buttock probe or not, you could be nothing more than a lump of biomass (which is fairly realistic to assume, no?), but that is still an alien and it means there is life out there. Alien and new found species are the same thing.

I hope I explained that well. Very Happy

Now I'm seeing your point. At first, I just needed you to be more specific on what to YOU is an alien. And yes, you explained that very well.
Bloodraine
Jazz Hands
Bloodraine
June 2nd, 2006 at 05:27pm
MyOwnImmortality:
Now I'm seeing your point. At first, I just needed you to be more specific on what to YOU is an alien. And yes, you explained that very well.

Score. Cool

For future reference, I don't believe little creatures with spaceships and probes exist. When I say aliens exist, I mean somewhere, in this huge, gigantic universe of ours there is some type of organism that can live and function. It could just be some microscopic insects, but they are still out there.