Don't have an account? Create one!

Drugs.

AuthorMessage
mercy in the sky.
Shotgun Sinner
mercy in the sky.
September 28th, 2007 at 07:04am
I don't understand it when ignorant (for lack of a better word) people say weed is ok.
Smoking anything is terrible for your lungs, first of all. Duh.

Not to be rude...
Cool
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
September 28th, 2007 at 07:17am
XD It's not that it isn't bad for you: it is. I think everyone I know that smokes has done and said "yeh, I know this is a bad habit"

But to understand weed, or smoking, I think you need to be a smoker yourself. I know this sounds like bull...it's hard to explain, but when you do it, the action itself justifies the dangers.

Ugh, I sounds like a dumb*ss now. I'll stop.
mercy in the sky.
Shotgun Sinner
mercy in the sky.
September 28th, 2007 at 07:21am
Naw, you don't. Razz
I just don't get why people start when they know it's a big health issue.
Health is important. Why do the damage to yourself, ya know?
For me it'd never ever be worth it. Don't need it here. =)
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
September 28th, 2007 at 07:30am
I first picked up smoking when I was 15. It wasn't that I thought it was cool. I was just curious. I think a lot of people are like that. I actually cannot smoke anymore. Im a vocalist and it really did a number on my already weak lungs, but i'll be honest, I miss it, and I feel really bad when my friends smoke around me that I have to move away and I can't join in.

Good for you BTW. Stay clean ^^
All_You_Need_Is_Love
Joining The Black Parade
All_You_Need_Is_Love
September 28th, 2007 at 07:37am
I never really saw the appeal of drugs... and now that I've seen friends who have completely spiralled out of control, I really don't. People will say "they're fun..." well so is a lot of stuff. I'm a dorky, fun-loving person and I have never been high in my life. I just don't understand how people think that fitting in (or whatever their reason) is worth possible addictions, possible overdosings, etc...,

Everybody knows that people are not in a frame of mind to be making decisions when they are under the influence, and because of that, people who when sober say "I would never have sex when I was high," end up pregnant or with an STD, people who when sober say "I would never get behind the wheel if I was messed up," end up in fatal car accidents.
I just don't see how a high is worth that.
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
September 28th, 2007 at 07:39am
I always compared drugs to cutting. Sort of stupid, but desperate people can do stupid things. What they are desperate for: whether it be attention or release is really a matter of chance.

You just have to feel bad for people trapped in those situations and hope it all turns out alright
mercy in the sky.
Shotgun Sinner
mercy in the sky.
September 28th, 2007 at 07:44am
Yes @ both of you.
All_You_Need_Is_Love
Joining The Black Parade
All_You_Need_Is_Love
September 28th, 2007 at 07:53am
Actually, I just rememberd a discussion we had in my video production class the other day. We were in the editting booth, and the teacher wasn't there and we somehow got into a discussion about drugs.

It's an interesting class, because one of the people in there (who messed up his back, he hadn't been in school for a few days and won't be for awhile) is a complete druggie- it's all he talks about, it's all he does, he brings stuff to school, at 18 he's had to take at least three drug tests... another person in there uses drugs, but he has a life outside of it, etc..., three of the people in there do not use drugs (two of the three drink) and then there's me, and it's fairly obvious how I feel. Anyway, we just got into this whole long discussion about it... when (if ever) it is okay, etc...,
One thing we talked about is how a lot of people who have my morals never shut up about it. For a long time, I was like that, and it ended up causing a lot of problems (long story short: I was lied to, she got mad at me when I found out, her friends decided they hated me, I reported her once to the police at a game, her friends wanted to jump me but I was with a bunch of people, she ended up overdosing in a bathroom while at in-school-suspension, she went to rehab, she apologized to me) and for my entire life I've had to work on biting my tounge and getting better at determining appropriate times, etc....,

It's hard, because I have a lot of friends who use, and it's scary, and it's hard for a person like me to bite my tounge.
The upside to having friends who use, though, is I know they have at least one person they can go to when they're dealing with stuff who won't hand them a needle.
One of the better moments of my life was when my friend (the same girl I mentioned above) got out of rehab and told me:
One of the first days I was there, they were talking to me about how people would try to help you, and you'd end up getting angry unfairly and turning on them... and you were the first person I thought of.
P A N D O R A
Demolition Lover
P A N D O R A
September 29th, 2007 at 09:03am
Drugs are bad. I know that they can or cant caue a lotof damage. but their illegal there is a reason for that. their bad, you shouldn't get into them.
fallout vapor
Jazz Hands
fallout vapor
September 29th, 2007 at 11:16pm
I'm so confused about my opinions on drugs. Yeah, it ruins your life and really messes things up, but it's also nice for people to have something to help them get away...people should have a choice.
Legalize it!
All_You_Need_Is_Love
Joining The Black Parade
All_You_Need_Is_Love
September 30th, 2007 at 05:02am
fallout vapor:
I'm so confused about my opinions on drugs. Yeah, it ruins your life and really messes things up, but it's also nice for people to have something to help them get away...people should have a choice.
Legalize it!

Writing is nice for people to have something to help them get away.
Playing an instrument.
Playing a sport.
Listening to music.

Why should you need to kill yourself and terrify those around you?

You believe cocaine and heroin should be legalized?
Rouge
Killjoy
Rouge
September 30th, 2007 at 11:12pm
Weed is the only drug that I think should be used anything else is just....... not right. Like I dont even smoke, cancer is the last thing I want.
Besides weed is a natural, non man made, earth growing plant that doesnt have over 4000 chemicals in it to give urself the satisfaction u want and its so much more easier to quit.

WOOT GO WEED
All_You_Need_Is_Love
Joining The Black Parade
All_You_Need_Is_Love
September 30th, 2007 at 11:14pm
Rouge:
Weed is the only drug that I think should be used anything else is just....... not right. Like I dont even smoke, cancer is the last thing I want.
Besides weed is a natural, non man made, earth growing plant that doesnt have over 4000 chemicals in it to give urself the satisfaction u want and its so much more easier to quit.

WOOT GO WEED

Smoking anything causes damage to your throat and lungs and has the potential to give you certain kinds of cancer.
Marijuana is also linked with many other illnesses.

So because it's easier to quit* it's okay?
For many, ecstacy is easier to quit than heroin... does that make it okay?
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
September 30th, 2007 at 11:26pm
Weed doesn't have physical dependancy, unlike heavier drugs. That's one of the reasons it's so accepted. You can choose to quit weed and never smoke it again unless in your heart, you really want to.
All_You_Need_Is_Love
Joining The Black Parade
All_You_Need_Is_Love
September 30th, 2007 at 11:29pm
DIE! DIE! DIE!:
Weed doesn't have physical dependancy, unlike heavier drugs. That's one of the reasons it's so accepted. You can choose to quit weed and never smoke it again unless in your heart, you really want to.

Most marijuana users obtain a mental addiction. That can be- and often is- as hard to break as physical addictions.

Also, a lack of physical addictions (which actually is not proven, there is research showing that marijuana is physically addictive, and research showing it is not, I know people who show signs of physical withdrawl if they have been several days without smoking marijuana) does not change the harm it does.
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
September 30th, 2007 at 11:41pm
Exactly. And a mental addiction would imply that one really doesn't want to quit for whatever reason, even if they think they do.

Even If what you are saying can be about weed and physical addiction, I wouldn't see myself being against it anytime soon, mainly because of the number of people I know that smoke weed safely. If your overindulging or you can't handle the high, you shouldn't have picked it up in the first place. My uncle has been growing weed since he was in his 20's (for himself and his friends only) and he's a great guy with a great family, and is very successful to boot, as are many of my friends that smoke. That's not to say I don't know those that haven't had problems, but (one again) those are probably people that shouldn't be smoking.
All_You_Need_Is_Love
Joining The Black Parade
All_You_Need_Is_Love
September 30th, 2007 at 11:53pm
You do not choose to become an addict. Mental or physical.

I have many friends who use cocaine.
They are good people.
That does not make it an okay thing to do.

Nobody should be smoking.
I don't care if they're good people or not.
Nobody should be murdering themselves or killing their brains.

So I'm assuming you believe I am a liar and have not seen people go through affects of physical withdrawl?
I'm assuming you believe the doctors and drug counselors and friends who use marijuana I have talked to are all liars?

Just another reason why I say goodbye to you.
Smile
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
September 30th, 2007 at 11:58pm
Weed isn't like coke or heroine, constant usage isn't a death sentance.

I am not a user, and I never have been, but when it comes to weed, I really don't see any reason to fight against it unless it's dramatically hurting an individual, but so many people can go on with their lives using daily.

Im not suggesting you are a liar, but physical addiction to weed has not been proven.
JustAnotherBeaner
Jazz Hands
JustAnotherBeaner
January 1st, 2008 at 11:37pm
Wow no one has posted in this forever... but anyway... yea i've used drugs... was using weed for awhile... like a month or 2.... not that it really matters how long i was but... yea... please for anyone that reads this drugs are not good at all.... i have a friend who "just did weed" and its really messed him up... he was one of my closest friends and it hurts to see him anymore bcuz he's always high or drunk... if u have thought about it think about it longer... it hurts you and everyone around u that u care about... and people u dont care about... thankfuly i dont do them anymore... if u know anyone who does please try to get them to stop...
Eclipse
Killjoy
Eclipse
January 2nd, 2008 at 10:10pm
DIE! DIE! DIE!:
XD It's not that it isn't bad for you: it is. I think everyone I know that smokes has done and said "yeh, I know this is a bad habit"

But to understand weed, or smoking, I think you need to be a smoker yourself. I know this sounds like bull...it's hard to explain, but when you do it, the action itself justifies the dangers.

Ugh, I sounds like a dumb*ss now. I'll stop.

Oh, no, you guys....If you start smoking weed, you may start making movies like THIS!! lol

LOL....I think the guys who made this were on something a little harsher than weed.

Anyhow, I don't smoke weed anymore. I quit a few months ago, when I started to get really serious about my faith. I'll be honest with you, though,...I'm not going to say that it wasn't en enjoyable experience. I'm also not going to say that if it were legalized, that I would never do it again.

I just choose not to, because it is illegal, and for more spiritual reasons. Anyhow, I think that marijuana is WAY less harmful than alcohol, and I think the people who are ABSOLUTELY dead-set against it are more or less uneducated.

I definitely don't think that all drugs should be legalized, but if weed were, the government could tax it, which would generate more $$ into the economy. I ALSO think it would be a good idea because it could be regulated more, and it would eliminate the need for a black market, or dealers who unfairly jack up the price.....or the chance of minors getting ahold of it. We all know that dealers aren't the most ethical people, and will sell to basically ANYONE.

Either way, it definitely takes the edge off....but it is illegal, so I wouldn't recommend it to ANYONE. It's not worth the risk.