Don't have an account? Create one!

Drugs.

AuthorMessage
teen spirit.
Crash Queen
teen spirit.
February 20th, 2009 at 10:58am
i don't consider weed to be involved, because it's a plant.
and yeah, you can abuse them and all but they're not as dangerous as other drugs and also people can abuse alcohol to the point that they die, and alcohol is very much legal.
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
February 20th, 2009 at 12:22pm
^^ Cocaine is made from the coca plant. So is cocaine okay too?
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
February 20th, 2009 at 01:37pm
patrick stump.:
i don't consider weed to be involved, because it's a plant.
and yeah, you can abuse them and all but they're not as dangerous as other drugs and also people can abuse alcohol to the point that they die, and alcohol is very much legal.
People can very well abuse weed and die. Not from the drug itself, but stupid things, like driving while under the influence. I know someone who nearly died after driving around after her and 3 others smoked. It's amazing she survived without any bad injuries, the car was crushed on the drivers side. it would take a lot of weed to overdose on, but people do stupid shit on it and suffer in the end.

Summarized: just because it's a plant doesn't mean it's safe. Alcohol is pretty much started out with plants too, if I'm not mistaken.
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
February 20th, 2009 at 01:50pm
^^ You are absolutely correct, Lycia. Beer, for example, is fermented hops and mixed with wheat or other grains -- it's basically liquid bread, it shares a lot of the same ingredients and has a similar carbohydrate content. Grain alcohol is derived from grains, hence the name. Vodka was originally made from potatoes, and all wines are fermented juice; the most common being red and white grape juice.

Tobacco that is used in cigarettes is a leaf plant. As I already stated, cocaine is made from the coca plant, and the majority of narcotic drugs are made from the opium poppy, which is a flower. Just because something is a plant, that doesn't mean it isn't dangerous.
John St. John
Shotgun Sinner
John St. John
February 20th, 2009 at 02:19pm
Pot is sometihng I want to experiment with, wether people here think thats wrong or not. Im not stupid enough to believe everything the adverts say, but I do know that there will be some ill effects. Ive read up and looked at different personal experiences, I think it could be used safely and without addiction if used sensibly, as I intent to use it..
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
February 20th, 2009 at 02:42pm
Summerboy:
Pot is sometihng I want to experiment with, wether people here think thats wrong or not. Im not stupid enough to believe everything the adverts say, but I do know that there will be some ill effects. Ive read up and looked at different personal experiences, I think it could be used safely and without addiction if used sensibly, as I intent to use it..
Sadly, a lot of the time when people say they aren't addicted, they are addicted. If you do it too much, you become dependant on it. You'll use it here or there, every once in a while, and then chances are you'll go to two days a week or so. And then it will escalate. And whether you want to believe it or not, everything the adverts say about pot are true. Your choice, but just telling you.
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
February 20th, 2009 at 03:02pm
gnihsams snikpmup.:
Summerboy:
Sadly, a lot of the time when people say they aren't addicted, they are addicted. If you do it too much, you become dependant on it. You'll use it here or there, every once in a while, and then chances are you'll go to two days a week or so. And then it will escalate. And whether you want to believe it or not, everything the adverts say about pot are true. Your choice, but just telling you.

Thing is, those people who do become addicted to pot are usually to stoned to tell you about it... or they havent realised they are because they're too busy pissing themselves laughing at a random spider and chomping through tubes of pringles......so.

/slightspambutyougetthepoint
teen spirit.
Crash Queen
teen spirit.
February 20th, 2009 at 07:08pm
gnihsams snikpmup.:
People can very well abuse weed and die. Not from the drug itself, but stupid things, like driving while under the influence. I know someone who nearly died after driving around after her and 3 others smoked. It's amazing she survived without any bad injuries, the car was crushed on the drivers side. it would take a lot of weed to overdose on, but people do stupid shit on it and suffer in the end.

Summarized: just because it's a plant doesn't mean it's safe. Alcohol is pretty much started out with plants too, if I'm not mistaken.

i definately agree. I wasn't stating that it was safe. Only that it is less dangerous and in my opinion, different to other illegal drugs. and also, i find it hard to understand why it's illegal, when it's effects are as dangerous as those of alcohol.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
February 21st, 2009 at 01:41am
patrick stump.:
Only that it is less dangerous and in my opinion, different to other illegal drugs. and also, i find it hard to understand why it's illegal, when it's effects are as dangerous as those of alcohol.
weed has the same potential to be as dangerous as heroin and cocaine.

it's illegal because it can't be controlled, like alcohol can. you can't grow "alcohol plants" in your house, but you can grow pot plants. it has absolutely no purpose in medicine. it hasn't been proven that weed helps sick patients, and even then, that's the only legal case.

your problems are still going to be there after the high wears off, find some other way to get rid of them. i know another guy who smokes weed. wanna know what else he does for fun now because the high isn't the same? snorts xanax. you say you won't turn into that now, but a lot of casual smokers and hardcore druggies turn to harder drugs after their stint with weed is through.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
February 21st, 2009 at 02:57am
gnihsams snikpmup.:
it's illegal because it can't be controlled, like alcohol can. you can't grow "alcohol plants" in your house, but you can grow pot plants.
But you can make your own alcohol, though, at home. I don't see how it's different from having marijuana growing at home.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
February 21st, 2009 at 12:03pm
Mindfuck:
But you can make your own alcohol, though, at home. I don't see how it's different from having marijuana growing at home.
Weed growing is harder to regulate than alcohol making.
collateral damage.
Awake and Unafraid
collateral damage.
March 9th, 2009 at 05:25pm
I've smoked pot almost every day for the past two years. Since then, my grades have gotten better, I've been able to pay attention to what's going on around me, I've become wiser, I've met more people, my life is in order and I'm sincerely happy. Weed is not all the bad everyone makes it out to be. I don't rely on it, I'm actually sober right now and have been for the past two days, and I'm still happy. I just enjoy doing it.

Now what's so bad about that?
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
March 9th, 2009 at 06:20pm
that's great. I hope you're as happy when the paranoia kicks in. Just because in the short term you're doing good doesn't mean in the long term you will be.

That's the main problem with most drugs; the long term effects outweigh any initial positives.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
March 10th, 2009 at 11:32pm
collateral damage.:
I've smoked pot almost every day for the past two years. Since then, my grades have gotten better, I've been able to pay attention to what's going on around me, I've become wiser, I've met more people, my life is in order and I'm sincerely happy. Weed is not all the bad everyone makes it out to be. I don't rely on it, I'm actually sober right now and have been for the past two days, and I'm still happy. I just enjoy doing it.

Now what's so bad about that?
The fact that that's not always the case for everybody and the fact it's illegal. YOU might have that experience, so in your case, bravo. Just because you're that way now, doesn't mean you won't turn out that way later. The more used to it you get, the more hooked you'll get.

You don't need pot to be wise, pay attention, and get better grades. You can do the same shit without it, and probably better. fyi, I think if you're planning on going back to it, you're not sober. You're making it look like you're quitting, and if you are, congratulations, but on the other hand, it looks like you're not.

My opinion. tom-ay-toe, to-mah-toe.

*the "my opinion" wasn't me being: "omg stfu", i just didn't know any other way to put it.
John St. John
Shotgun Sinner
John St. John
March 11th, 2009 at 08:46pm
But things like Mobile phones were thought to have long term ill effects, we still used them on a daily basis, despite the warnings, should we have made them illegal too?
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
March 11th, 2009 at 10:03pm
Summerboy:
But things like Mobile phones were thought to have long term ill effects, we still used them on a daily basis, despite the warnings, should we have made them illegal too?
Phones dn = weed. I already explained why weed was illegal. Phones don't impair judgment or change your state of mind. Marijuana does. That would be one of the reasons why phones aren't illegal. Smoking pot can lead to more harder drugs once the high becomes not enough for the user. Some of you say you can quit any time you want, but have you really tried to not use it? Why did you go back to it, if so? It's always: "I can stop anytime I want!" and then you hear: "It's not that easy to..." and they go back to smoking it.

I would love to live where you guys live where people who smoke pot turn out to be great in the end. I'm not looking down on anybody by that statement, once again, it's purely a "idk how to word it" situation.
questionable content
Always Born a Crime
questionable content
March 12th, 2009 at 03:17pm
^Phones do impair judgement. For example, those using cellphones while driving had roughly the same risk of getting into an accident as those whose blood alcohol was above the limit (.008 I believe)

But the health risks of using weed and other drugs are far greater than those of using phones.
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
March 12th, 2009 at 06:14pm
you tell the mother of a dead crack addict that using mobile phones is comparable to drug abuse. I have a feeling they won't agree.

The fact is at present we haven't had mobile phones in full circulation long enough to monitor the long term effects so I guess we just have to take a chance. I'd rather take a chance on a mobile phone than on a ecstacy tab.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
March 12th, 2009 at 10:07pm
Questionable Content:
^Phones do impair judgement. For example, those using cellphones while driving had roughly the same risk of getting into an accident as those whose blood alcohol was above the limit (.008 I believe)

But the health risks of using weed and other drugs are far greater than those of using phones.
Phones don't chemically alter your judgment skills, last time I checked.

And btw, where I live it's illegal, much like marijuana, to talk on your phone and drive.
John St. John
Shotgun Sinner
John St. John
March 13th, 2009 at 07:27am
Iwasn't saying mobile phones were as dangerous though, but i understand your points.

I was just saying that we do many things every day that could harm us in the long term, that we just do anyway. So that argument against weed doesn't really stand with me. I do understand what you were saying though, you both make valid points.