Don't have an account? Create one!

Drugs.

AuthorMessage
sci-fi-noise
Jazz Hands
sci-fi-noise
August 5th, 2008 at 01:31am
Thats the most important thing if your gonna do it make sure you now exactly what it can and will do to you.
sci-fi-noise
Jazz Hands
sci-fi-noise
August 5th, 2008 at 01:44am
Eight Bitter Years.:
Drugs are the most immature, stupid, disgusting things on the face of the earth. Answer me this- Is there ONE person that you know of that has dont drugs, taht has been succsesful, or lived to an old age?

Just about everyone i know has done drugs. And alot of those people are very successful and alot are unbeleivably bad off. And most have lived to an old age what you just said is sadly ignorant i suggest you do some research on drugs. Drugs are just as good and beautiful as they are horrible they can do amazing things and help people just as fast and easy as they can destroy you.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
August 5th, 2008 at 02:08am
PsychedelicHorseshit:
Drugs are just as good and beautiful as they are horrible they can do amazing things and help people just as fast and easy as they can destroy you.
Um, I can say this from experiance, being a pill popper and watching friends go through rehab and etc. I don't see how drugs an be beautiful. They are when you start off, man they are amazing. but then they turn into an awful addiction if you let it, and its rare that if you start to find it "beautiful" that you don't do it agian and agian and agian, till it is a monster
sci-fi-noise
Jazz Hands
sci-fi-noise
August 5th, 2008 at 04:33pm
^ when i said that i was referring to drugs being used for medicinal purposes. Whether prescribed or not. Or ecstasy or even LSD ecstasy is great but then afterwords it has terrible consequences. LSD can be enlightening and a minute later you decide to murder your family. and you said "but then they turn into an awful addiction if you let it, and its rare that if you start to find it "beautiful" that you don't do it again and again and again, till it is a monster" was basically what i was trying to say.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
August 5th, 2008 at 06:32pm
^hm, that wasn't what i got from reading your other post, the "they can do amazing things and help people just as fast and easy as they can destroy you." part made it sound like you were praising drugs, and after you get clean and you look back, you realize just what a dark hole it is
Ierosistible
Killjoy
Ierosistible
August 5th, 2008 at 06:40pm
I did drugs when I was younger. Alot, actually. But I don't use them now. Other people's use of drugs interfered with MY life to a major degree, so generally speaking I don't like them for the most part. I don't really care much about someone who smokes a little pot here and there every now and again - but if tey do it every day to exist or use heavier drugs - problem. Big problem. It's definitely better to just stay away, in my opinion.
sciencefreak897
Banned
sciencefreak897
September 8th, 2008 at 01:52pm
I regret doing drugs. I used to smoke pot, and it totaly changed me. I'd just like to add that you should never do drugs...
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
September 8th, 2008 at 01:59pm
My Dear Delirious:
PsychedelicHorseshit:
Drugs are just as good and beautiful as they are horrible they can do amazing things and help people just as fast and easy as they can destroy you.
Um, I can say this from experiance, being a pill popper and watching friends go through rehab and etc. I don't see how drugs an be beautiful. They are when you start off, man they are amazing. but then they turn into an awful addiction if you let it, and its rare that if you start to find it "beautiful" that you don't do it agian and agian and agian, till it is a monster

Heres sort of the basic rundown to this.

There is huge DIFFERENCE between doing drugs to get fucked up, and doing them for another reason, whether that me some enlightenment, or to connect to a person, and so on. I drop acid on a once a month or so basis because every time I do, I find out something about myself, and I connect to nature and human beings more then I ever did sober. I have a friend that smokes pot because it levels out his thoughts and senses and relaxes him from constantly worrying about life. If you do any drug, you first need to respect the drug, which means not overusing it, or using it for negative purposes.
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
September 8th, 2008 at 06:46pm
^ Those were some really cool words. Way to go

Just about everyone I know at school has gotten shit face drunk at least once. I'm not sure why, but drinking in general never interested me. Like I'd go to parties and be the only sober one there and have to wrangle everyone like a bunch of monkeys. Honestly, I have some pretty strange-crazy-funny? memories of leading chicks out of random back yards. Nobody could believe that I didn't feel like drinking.

Also, my parents have always been really cool and have taken me to concerts starting when I was 13months old, so I've pretty much grown up knowing the smell of pot without knowing what it was. Again, it just doesn't interest me. Like I'm cool without using. I think alot of people use just to fit in, or escape they're boringly scheduled lives.

Its not like I'm against drugs, its just that when I woke up today I didn't feel like taking any, so I didn't. To me I think it would be really cool if I could say I never did any shit in High school. After that I'm not really sure. I can visualize myself drinking before I'm 21, pot seams like a stretch. I wouldn't mind knowing what an acid trip is like, but the actual idea of taking acid seams really heavy to me. I think in all cases the best scenario would be if I truly accidentally took something and got to feel the effect without any of the major decisions
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
September 9th, 2008 at 04:13pm
What makes Alcohol different then other dugs is that its entire purpose is to "get jacked up", there is no other value to it. I don't preach about alcohol, but I disagree with it and its use compared to things like acid, shrooms, etc.
samantha connolly
In The Murder Scene
samantha connolly
September 11th, 2008 at 08:04pm
Alcohol can be used for purposes other than getting ripped.
Plenty of people have wine with their meal, or a cocktail, because of how it tastes.
Coming home from a hard day and drinking a cold beer is perfectly fine, I think.
Alcohol has some merit outside of teenage binge drinking and when it's not in the hands of alcoholics.
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
September 12th, 2008 at 12:15am
I really don't think of wine as the same as alcohol, even though yes I know, wine IS alcohol
mainly because it's technically healthy for you, where as other alcohol isn't, so your right about that
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
September 12th, 2008 at 01:33am
DIE! DIE! DIE!:
I really don't think of wine as the same as alcohol, even though yes I know, wine IS alcohol
mainly because it's technically healthy for you, where as other alcohol isn't, so your right about that
That's not entirely true. Wine isn't the only alcoholic beverage that can be seen as being beneficial. From this website here, it states that "moderate consumers of alcoholic beverages (beer, wine or distilled spirits or liquor) are generally less likely to suffer hypertension or high blood pressure, peripheral artery disease, Alzheimer's disease and the common cold".
Of course, they're talking about moderate drinkers - not people who drink heavily. If you drink too much of any alcoholic beverage, including wine, then it can be harmful.

DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
September 12th, 2008 at 02:26am
I don't think I have heard many cases of winos being very unhealthy (Ah Italy)

& I wasn't aware of other alcohol being healthy. I'd want to look into it but im pretty open to the idea, though I still have a low opinion of it.

BTW, for discussion purposes
There is a new book you can find at most bookstores all over called "The Curious World Of Drugs and Their Friends"
Its an amazing book that gives a pretty unbiased look at everything drug related. In addition to horror and success stories, as well as info about famous drug users, they also offer ways to safely combined and consume drugs. It's a neat little book. I suggest anyone, whether you support drug use or not, pick a copy up.
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
September 12th, 2008 at 05:53am
^ That book sounds like a good idea.
Right now, there are several 'family' groups here in Australia protesting the fact that the government has done up a pamphlet that sounds pretty similar, designed to be distributed to high school students across the country in an attempt to educate them how to be safer when taking drugs. Parents are, of course, up in arms all over the place because they think their kids should just listen to the 'just say no' message and avoid drugs. But, much like sex education, some kids are going to experiment despite all the warnings. In that case, we may as well educate them not only of the ill effects, but also tell them what they can expect from consuming each drug, as well as strategies on how to stay safe, not overdose on their drug of choice, warning signs that will indicate they need to seek medical attention, and who to call if they do.
I think protesting this information is a lot like teaching abstinence-only sex education in schools. Like I said, we can say, 'Don't do it' a thousand times, and while most kids will listen and obey, a lot won't. Just like abstinence-only sex ed, students will still end up in trouble, so arming them with every ounce of information we can give them, is a step in the right direction.
We may not reduce drug use amongst teens, but we may well avoid a few tragic and entirely unnecessary deaths.

(keepin' it legal: )
I am an ex-drug user. I've tried a few things in my day, and smoked pot heavily, on a daily basis, for several years (for the record, I've had no ill effects other than that my short-term memory tends to get a bit fuzzy at times - eg my husband asks me to buy some milk from the store, and five minutes later I've totally forgotten he called me. But then I know of people who've never touched drugs who can be just as scattered at times, so I'm not worried).
I strongly believe that alcohol is just as bad, if not worse, than, say, heroin or ice. The only difference is, morons who binge drink every. single. weekend. look down their noses at illicit drug users, thinking they're sooo much better for being trashed off their heads as soon as they finish work on a Friday afternoon, and dragging their sorry hungover asses into work on Monday morning (or better yet, calling in sick).
The only reason alcohol is legal and marijuana is not, is because the government hasn't figured out a way to push the growers and dealers out of the picture and ensure they can collect taxes from the sale of it. I don't think any government can spin bs about the health risks of illicit drugs when they know full well that tobacco and alcohol are the two biggest killers in Western society, and yet do nothing to outlaw them.
I don't particularly support the manufacture, sale and consumption of drugs like heroin, but each to their own, right? I've been there, so I can't judge without being a damned hypocrite.

I think people who experiment with drugs to 'be cool' or to attempt to 'fit in' are complete idiots. Have some sense of self, some pride in your beliefs, and don't start bowing and scraping to some dick who just wants to bring you down because they're secretly jealous of you.
I started doing drugs simply because I was curious as to what it felt like, and decided I liked it. I've ended a significant friendship with a person who's been there since my childhood, because they were one of those people who just aren't happy with the choices they've made in life, so are determined to drag everyone around them down to their level. He turned his girlfriend, next-door neighbour, and best friends (most of whom were very anti-drugs before he nagged the shit out of them) in outright junkies.
Okay, it's not like he held a gun to their heads and forced them to take it, but these were people who were very easily influenced by nature, wanted to be part of the crowd, and he's the kind of person who never lets you live something down until you prove how tough you are by doing what he tells you.
I got tired of seeing perfectly good people being turned into zombies, and I haven't spoken to him in years. (Oh, and then I was suddenly the world's biggest loser and hypocrite because I thought I was better than him. Funny story, that. Either way, I do think I'm better than him. See below.)

Even when I was using drugs, I was not an advocate of them. I never encouraged my friends to try it, I never tried to influence anybody. I outright denied people who came to me saying they wanted to give it a go. I mean, hell no, I'm not going to sit here in 10 years' time feeling responsible for your life being ruined if this stuff sucks you in. I can ruin my own life, don't ask me to do it to you.
I support the legalisation of marijuana, as it's been proved that it CAN be legalised for recreational use without significant ill effects on society. Like I said, as long as tobacco and alcohol are perfectly legal, how dare the government tell us they're 'only concerned about our welfare, and crime rates, and the burden on the health system' blah blah blah. It's bull and we know it.
In saying that, I wouldn't smoke pot again if it was legalised. Been there, done that, can't say it'd be any different next time around.

But yeah, I think people who are totally fine with alcohol (and are in fact alcoholics in denial, claiming they don't have a problem because alcohol is legal etc) are much worse than illicit drug users. At least the junkies know they have a problem, and don't think they're better than anybody else.

As for 'hard' drugs like heroin, ice, ecstasy, amphetamines... well, just remember that some of these drugs were actually legal just a few decades ago. They had their valid uses, but it was decided they just weren't safe, for various reasons. That's fair enough. I'm not really into chemicals anyway.
But, I think if these drugs were turned back into prescription drugs, at the very least we would see a decrease in the drug-related crime rates. Dealers would be out of the picture. Addicts wouldn't necessarily have to mug people in the street to get their fixes. Runners wouldn't need to be risking their freedom and their lives getting the product from one place to another - the government and legitimate drug companies would handle everything from amnufacturing to distribution, with the government reaping the tax profits. Win-win situation, as far as I'm concerned.
demolitionloversmway
Thinking Happy Thoughts
demolitionloversmway
September 12th, 2008 at 01:35pm
ive never done it and i dont plan too
i wouldnt stop being friends with someone if they did do it but i would tell them my feelings on it and try to help and convince them to stop
because if they didnt it would only get worse
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
September 18th, 2008 at 10:08pm
Cigarettes And Suicide:
being trashed off their heads as soon as they finish work on a Friday afternoon, and dragging their sorry hungover asses into work on Monday morning (or better yet, calling in sick).
How is that different from one of my friends taking several ecstasy pills the other weekend and then consequently not turning up for work for three days into the working week because she was still too off her face to work properly? She didn't even bother calling in and making up some excuse. She just didn't turn up.

In my opinion, people who abuse illegal drugs and alcohol are exactly the same - one isn't better than the other. It's not just people who binge drink that take sickies and slow down the productivity of their workplace.

Cigarettes And Suicide:
At least the junkies know they have a problem, and don't think they're better than anybody else.
That's not true, certainly not for all junkies.
Again, in my opinion junkies and alcoholics are just as bad as each other, and it's a little hypocritical of you to suggest that alcoholics are somehow at fault for claiming they're better than everybody else, when the tone of your opinion seems to suggest to me that you think junkies are better because they "know they have a problem". Which is false by the way - a lot of people who have addictions may not know they have a problem. Do you think an ice addict knows they are full blown addicted? No, they don't think about it that way, because their mind is focussed on getting more ice, not about the fact that they're addicted to ice.
Yeah, there are some people who realise they have a problem and get help. But you can't say all junkies know they have a problem because it's simply not true.
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
September 19th, 2008 at 01:00am
^ I get exactly what you're saying, and I agree. I did word that incorrectly.
And, of course, I tend to generalise, as most people do.

So, let me correct myself.
What I was trying to say, is that as you said, illegal drugs ARE just as bad as alcohol. I don't see why alcohol is legal, and seems to be so widely accepted, when it can do just as much damage to society and individuals as illegal substances.
It especially irks me when I come across people who I believe are alcoholics in denial (as in, they HAVE to have a drink at least once a day, and a LOT of drinks on weekends, but as it's socially acceptable they refuse to even consider that they may have a problem with it - 'Everybody does it...'), who think they're awesome because they drink in social circles or after work, etc, but they look down their noses at people who use illegal drugs, and label them things like 'scum' and 'deadbeats', etc.
What makes a person who drinks to excess, any better than a person who shoots up? Nothing, in my opinion. They're as bad as each other.

And you're right about junkies not focusing on anything other than being high, and not realising they have a problem. I do know people who, when sober, or even when high, admit that it's killing them and they need to stop, but they feel like they either have no reason to stop, or have nowhere to turn in order to help them. That's where I get my statement about drug users knowing they have a problem. But on the other hand, I've not met one person who drinks on what they call a 'social' basis (ie binge drinking on weekends) who admits that there's anything wrong with that.
'Oh, it's a rite of passage for people my age', 'Oh, but everybody does it,' 'Oh, alcoholics are only people who wake up and start sinking straight Scotch first thing in the morning, and drink all day until they pass out. I only get drunk on weekends, I don't have a problem'.

Of course I don't dispute the fact that a lot of illegal drug users have trouble functioning in their day-to-day lives because of it (as you said, they are just as capable of not showing up to work, etc as people who drink).
I apologise for making such a general statement. But I do find it a lot more common for people to call in sick if they've had a big weekend on the booze - most drug users I know are too afraid of being found out by employers, etc, to go overboard on weekends and are generally a little more responsible with things like ecstasy and cocaine.
To me, drugs like ice and heroin are in a slightly different category. It may be a different story where you live, but from my experience, people who use drugs like that are usually unemployed (sometimes because their habit is completely out of control and they just can't work, or can't be trusted to work), but people who use things like ecstasy of a snort of coke on a night out on the town, are the people who have their 'normal' lives, and just use those things occasionally on big occasions, or when they really want to let their hair down.

Again, that's a general statement, but it's more an observation of what I have seen and experienced where I live, rather than making a generalisation of drug use in general. Your experiences may be different (eg you've mentioned LSD and it sounds like you know a fair bit about it - I've only met one person who's taken it once or twice and I don't know much about it so I can't comment, etc).

I guess what I was attempting to say, is that the binge-drinking culture in Australia is absolutely ridiculous when you look at how supposedly disapproving of other drugs we are as a society. And you would probably know that, seeing as your profile says you're an Aussie.
One of our former prime ministers still holds the world record for the most amount of beer consumed in a certain time frame. During the last election, it came out that one of the candidates was accused of being thrown out on a strip club because his group was drunk and rowdy. He claimed he was so drunk he 'couldn't remember' the incident. Instead of frowning on such boorish behaviour, we as a nation applauded his efforts by voting him in, and he's now running the country.
Funny to think that if he had admitted to using heroin, his political career would have been over before it had begun. But we as a nation seem to think it's perfectly appropriate for some guy who can't control his drinking to run the country and look after us all.
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
September 19th, 2008 at 09:02pm
Alcohol is much worse then many, but not all illegal substances.
LSD, pot, Ex, Shrooms, and Peyote are among the many drugs with few to no dangers or health concerns. None of the drugs I listed are addictive. None besides Ex have longterm effects on your health.

I have taken all of these drugs; LSD I use once a month or so, and Pot once every two weeks. I have studied all kinds of drugs, but not even the DEA can list serious health concerns for them (if you want, I will pull up the site)

None of said drugs are dangerous while using unless you have a bad trip (which, they actually make pills to take you out of now). I have been in public on about half of them and I was able to act quite normal.
I have seem what alcohol does to people, and to this day, despite all of the druggie friends that I have, I have yet to see equal effects on said illegal substances.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
September 19th, 2008 at 09:41pm
^It is important to know, though, (and I think I've mentioned it before) that when you're on the drug - whether it be E, LSD or whatever - you have the potential to do some incredibly stupid things, which is usually why they're labelled dangerous. Alcohol wares off quite quickly (in terms of drunkeness) in comparison on something like LSD, so if you're on LSD the chances of you harming yourself / others or putting yourself in danger is more likely.

In comparison to alcohol, when you're on something like E or LSD, reality is so much more impaired than if you were drunk. Especially with hallucinogens like LSD. What may be a moving car which could harm you, might be a large fluffly marshmellow to someone on acid (and I think I've used that analogy before too - apologies haha). So you can see how it's easier to put yourself in more dangerous positions on some illegal drugs.